main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've been meaning to get into that game.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So SuperHot VR was one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. I truly felt like Neo leaning away from bullets, throwing things at red guys in slow motion. It was glorious.

Next major VR game will be The Inpatient. I love Until Dawn, so I'm excited for the prequel. Then it's probably Doom VFR.

So BTW, especially now that there's crossplay with PlayStation and PC... Anyone playing Fortnite? I haven't played much at all but have been looking for people who want to play. JCers would be fun.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Fortnite looks like casual PUBG...

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is. Fornite is fun in short bursts.

I'm currently playing Sea of Thieves.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I can only wonder how long this battle royale fad will last. I guess some folks enjoy and are profiting obscenely off it, and that's all fine and good. But the genre just seems like just Twitch fodder to me.

Every other Sea of Thieves review says "early access game not worth $60", with some folks encouraging people to try it off Xbox Game Pass first to see if it's something with keeping. For a console starved for exclusives to reel people in...ouch.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I got it via Game Pass. Highly recommend you get it - if a group a friends also play it. But, if you prefer a linear path in your gaming experience then Sea of Thieves is not for you. In many ways, it kinda reminds me of Minecraft; the game is one giant blank canvas and you can paint whatever you want on it. It can be fun solo, especially trolling other groups and hiding on their boat, getting lost exploring but it depends if you enjoy that sort of freedom. If you don't - you're gonna hate it within five minutes.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It's cool to see Fortnite being such a huge success but it just bums me out that Epic will probably never finish the new Unreal Tournament.

Ender Sai likes this.
  8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Bored of Fortnite now.

Back playing Resident Evil remake and waiting RE2 remake to be made

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Playing PUBG in a duo is such good fun though, because of the learning curve and relatively low tolerance for error. @PointGiven and I got to 2nd place which is a great achievement considering a) server ping between AU and US; b) I'm astonishingly "new" relative to most of the players who win, and c) I've not yet won a game. But that 2nd place was literal heart pounding, dry mouthed adrenaline rushing glory at the end and I'm not sure an easier version would feel as rewarding?

So I don't have to Goggle it, what's Sea of Thieves?

Point Given and DANNASUK like this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I prefer PUBG. Large map, better strategy and tactics. Victory is not a random event - you have to plan for it. The learning curve is so damn high that I just love it.

Sea of Thieves is an open world, exploration pirate game.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [@GrandAdmiralJello]Can you play as the Royal Navy and stop them?[/GAJ]

I actually prefer Miramar to Erangel as a map, too. Controversy!

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Depends, the final circles really swing the game. There was a game on Erangel where I'm convinced Ender and I would have won had we had a better circle. Alas we had to run downhill on an open field and got sniped. Still finished 3rd.

But yeah I prefer PUBG. I enjoy Fortnite but it doesn't scratch the same itch as the former.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah and the circle at Rozhok worked massively in our favour - we had L2/3 armour everywhere, a blessed Frying Pan of Arse Immunity, 300 rounds of 5.56mm (thoughts and prayers for our victims) and kitted out M416s, and lots of first aid. We were in prime position; it was just annoying you got done in. I blame console peasants for that.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Been watching a good bit of Far Cry 5 gameplay leading up to release. Absolutely hilarious.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sea of Theves is only supposed to have a few hours or conent. Ars Technica said it was "10% of a game at most". Sounds like another disappointing trek down Games as a Service.

Personally I would play PUBG if it were finished. It's still so buggy though. And Fortnite was free. I'd definitely rather play PUBG, but it's just not ready to deserve to pay for a full release, IMHO.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I've once encountered an actual bug in PUBG. The sound didn't come on, which for that game is essential. Otherwise, no issues. But, console might be hamstrung by the hardware.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Most of the bugs occurring in the console version suggest it's not the hardware, it's the port software. Like a reverse Arkham Knight situation. Hardware you'd expect slowdowns and loading issues, not fouled-up damage calculations.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I often blame the damage calculations for when I get headshot with a Kar-98 too.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Joke's on you, I only play RPGs and golf games like a huge loser.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    CT-867-5309 and Ender Sai like this.
  21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not talking about the console version at all. It is well-known that the framerates on even good computers are trash when nlre people are alive. I've seen streamers run into numerous bugs on good rigs. Kinda Funny, who all have gaming PCs, asserted that Fortnite ran better on their phones than PUBG does on a good PC.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Did we really post a picture in here making fun of people who argue about politics on internet forums?

For real?

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Eh, it just looked like an attempt to bash people that prefer sneaking to brute force in PUBG.

I've tried both ways, and I got a lot further on solo play sneaking and hiding... but just following everyone else down and getting in the middle of a free-for-all is more fun.

Ender Sai likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What's your view on tactical tryhards in PUBG, based on your experience in games to date?

@blackmyron @PointGiven - it feels like the Apex predator is basically your Shrouds of the world, no?

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They seem like the kind of huge nerds that would be pillars of a James Bond thread, try to convince people that they are misunderstanding “real” capitalism, and are looking forward to the film version of Ready Player One.