main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I only like Invisible War in that way everyone who preferred vanilla Ultima VII to Serpent Isle "likes" Warren Spector's worst output out of a 25 year sense of utter spite to his most sycophantic fans, thank you very much.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The further I delve into God of War the better the game gets. I was expecting a mostly linear experience, and that's exactly what you get for the first few hours of play. But after your first encounter with the World Serpent the game starts to open up into something more metroid-esque. I've seen some compare the level design to Dark Souls (Because everything inevitably gets compared to SoulsBourne games now, for some reason.) but I've been finding the game's design to be far more reminiscent of Batman: Arkham Asylum, with its hub-based world design and gated off content that encourages you to return to areas of the game later on, once you've obtained new abilities. I'd go as far as saying that GoW is far closer to what I wanted out of a sequel to Arkham Asylum than what we got out of City.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find an amulet that you can wear that basically unlocks the Witch Time mechanic from Bayonetta. If there is one thing that is going to win me over to a character action game, it's the wholesale lifting of mechanics straight out of Platinum's finest.

Jordan1Kenobi and solojones like this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I'm about ten hours in and absolutely loving it. And hooray, I'm only like a third of the way through.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    @Point Given:

I love the look of this. Hopefully it's live soon.

Just got another 2nd place duo finish, the guy who got us had a Ghille suit, suppressed M24 and suppressed AUG so obviously outgearing us on Erangel.

Also, console peasants just got I assume a poorly rendered, low quality texture version of Miramar on the XBone PUBG. As in, it's just come out. lol @ console peasants.

Point Given likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    u mad because no God of War? :(

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No; laughing because I see PUBG on console and wonder why people bother. There are great PUBG fails videos thanks to eSports-ready physics etc, but watching two people fail early game to kill each other with a 1911 pistol and pump shotgun, because of controllers being goofy, is not really an epic failure of anything other than consoles as a whole.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm about 2 or 3 hours into God of War and absolutely loving it. I just went to another realm. The combat is incredible. I can only imagine what it'll be like when I unlock most of the skills. That fight with the Stranger at the start was mind blowing. I'm also amazed that the game has yet to break a shot, as in the entire game has been one single tracking shot so far. No loading. No cutting between gameplay and cinematics. Just one shot. It also looks really beautiful.

solojones likes this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I've pretty much explored the entirety of Hope County in Far Cry 5, and something really bothers me - I mean, you're playing a Deputy in the Sheriff's Office... but there apparently isn't an actual Sheriff's Office in the game.
    There's also mention of a newspaper, a local radio station and a county fire department, but there's no sign of them in the only town in the county or elsewhere.

I was entertained to find out that all your companions hang out at one particular pizza bar in the game when they aren't traveling with you.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah Hope's County is pretty dead like that. I need to explore arcade and find out if there are any dogfight modes though, because dogfighting the Seed's planes was great fun.

blackmyron likes this.
  10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

If there's one game that the Master Race can feel superior about at the moment, it's PUBG. It was the game that kick started the battle royale trend, and the console version runs like absolute ass. Including on the Xbox One X, which is the most powerful console currently on the market.

Although, considering that version 1.0 didn't run very well even on PC, I think that may be more due Bluehole spending more time complaining about the success of other Battle Royale titles than they invest into optimising their own game.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Even without bugs it's the controller aspect.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It doesn't run as well on PC as Fortnite does on a phone. And all its console port tells you is that Xbox sucks at games.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Guess who just rolled a new Daggerfall character?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    CT-867-5309 and tom like this.
  14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Morrowind >

I'm sure you can't tell that from my name

Ramza and solojones like this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I mean, yes, but it lacks that over large procgen charm.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    To be clear, I'm in no way arguing for Fortnite as a game. Simply saying it performs better from a technical standpoint. Because really no one ought to be bragging about PUBGs performance on any platform. Blue Hole should be held to a higher standard technically.

And remember, you're also talking to the person who admitted to having a Dreamcast in her living room just to play Shenmue :p

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I remember reading a Reddit comment that said Fortnite can run on the last PC on Earth whereas PUBG requires a small nuclear reactor.

solojones likes this.
  18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm playing Colossal Cave on my tablet on my lunch break. GET OFF MY VIRTUAL LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS

Ramza likes this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I hope you're at least simulating the authentic ARPANET experience by periodically closing your eyes in between line displays to induce delays.

blackmyron likes this.
  20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Replaying Dragon Age Inquisition on Nightmare (for the remaining achievements). It's a better game than people give credit for.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So on the indie game subject, I recently finally played To the Moon, which Steam had recommended to me for ages. Has anyone else played that one? First time a sprite-based game has made me cry. I'm looking forward to playing the sorta sequel, Finding Paradise.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Sadly, I'll never be able to duplicate waiting for my cassette tape player to load Pirate's Adventure to my computer.

Haven't played that; I've haven't done much indie gaming recently apart from What Remains of Edith Finch and waiting for the final episode of Kentucky Route Zero (which circles back to Colossal Cave).

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Edith Finch was incredible. I also played Virgina but found it kinda meh.

To the Moon was a wonderful story going back through a man's memories, and it was beautiful. Reminded me of a pixel art version of Ether One, which I loved.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Might wait on God of War since the gaming PC is (I really hope to god) being delivered this week.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Try not to get spoiled if you wait. There have been some truly jaw-dropping moments so far.