main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) "Is truth scarier than fiction?"

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LORDVIGILANCE, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005

IC: Ian Richards
    Shore

By the time that Matthew had pulled Ian onto the shore he was already slipping into a hazy sleep. It was so cold. But Matthew's unexpected body heat was helping...slightly. Ian began to shiver and tremble from the cold the night gave.

"Its..s-cold. Whe-Wher are w-?" Ian mumbled out.

Ian's eyes unfocused and began to roll back in his head, his mind began to jump into many thoughts and questions. Not just an hour ago Ian had realized that his brother had faked his own death and returned a monster for his apparent failure in turning his brother.

The night nipped at his fingertips and toes. It chilled his wet clothing. It froze his thoughts. Ian was as much a monster as Janus was. His life would never be the same now. Ian began to think on what should be done.

His mind raced with a thousand options...Ah! The perfect solution.

TAG: Matthew

2. alpha_red_83

alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti
    Shore

"I don't even know. But we have to move fast to find out. Police are going to set up a perimeter to corner us. You know how they plan." Matthew grinned slightly and shivered constantly.

He helped Ian up and they both traveled up the steep shore. "There!" Matthew pointed to a small abandoned looking building near the streets. It was well out of sight, but at least they were near the road. There was also an old station wagon parked in the drive-way. "Not exactly you're dream home, but it'll manage. I was stupid not to bring any money with me. You got anything on you?" Matthew asked, staring into the night sky.
    TAG: Ian

3. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Shore

Ian was helped up by Matthew as they attempted to find shelter away from the police. Ian's breath practically froze infront of him. The ground was covered with sharp rocks and patches of smooth cool sand. Ian tripped on several rocks as his vision blackened with the night. Matthew then pointed out a small, out of the way building.

"Yeah. Th-That looksss-good." His voice slurred from the cold. He tried not to walk fast due to the coldness of his clothing.

When Matthew began to ask for money, Ian was going to answer with a flat no before he realized the hundred dollar bill in his pocket. He dug into his pockets and fished out the money; the bill drooped down into his palm.

"Aww..." Ian laughed, "Here you go. This will help." Ian handed the wet money to Matthew.

4. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    Shore

Matthew gawked at the wet hundred dollar bill Ian handed to him. He chuckled and lightly shook the peice of soaked paper. "What's a guy like you doing with so much money like this? Trying to find a prostitute or something?" Matthew joked, "Nah, I'm just messing with you, dude."

Matthew wrapped an arm around Ian and held him close. "We also have to get something to eat, warm place to sleep, and communications to the F.E.A.R. Division. Hurry." Matthew and Ian quickly went over to the dark gloomy building.

"Weird..." Matthew said as he let go of Ian. "Place looks like it was left behind...but why? Ah..that's why." Matthew walked up to the door and pulled out the nailed paper. Eviction Notice. Repossession of house. "That sucks." Matthew grinned, "looks like we get to live here for a while."

5. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: AHM!!!
    You seem to have forgotten to repl to me.

6. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: My Apologies

IC: The Captain
    F.E.A.R. Infirmary

"Are you sure? I admire your persistence, I really do. But you do what you think is right." The Captain nodded.
    TAG: Morton

7. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Abandoned Building

Ian chuckled at Matthew's comment, "Yeah. I guess so. But hurry. Its cold out here and I'm about to pass out." Ian rubbed his hands together for slight warmth then breathed warm air into them. He looked around as his breath blew fog.

"Its nice here. Little stuffy but not to shabby at all." Ian joked as tried to open the door with its handle. The door was locked as he jingled it. Ian turned slightly then threw a hard kick at the door which flew it open.

Dust traveled lightly to the ground. There wasn't much. A few broken windows, spray paint on the walls, some pieces of furniture. "Wow, we hit the jackpot here. But at least its something to hide out in for awhile."

He looked around once more as Matthew walked ahead of him.

8. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    IC: Jeremy Morton

"I am positive Captain." Jeremy replied, "My team might need me and i ain't gonna let them down."
    Jeremy turned around and looked the captian in the eyes,
    "I am fine, now where do i need to go?"

TAG: Captain

9. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: I'm sorry to say this my friends, but I'll be gone for the time being. Probably a week or less, though I don't know how this RP would manage without me. Just please give me some time until I return.

10. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: DO NOT LOCK!!!

F.E.A.R. Infirmary

The Captain received a radio call on his walkie-talkie, he quickly unclipped it from his belt and listened. "Authorities involved?" The Captain asked. "Yes. It appears Matthew Rosetti and Ian Richards have left the Academy. Then there was a crash on the Auburn Main Bridge. After an intense car chase with the car and the Police, it ended up crashing down into the water." The Captain nodded and nudged his index finger into Jeremy's chest. "I'm sending you to find what happened to them two. This is your first assignment. I expect no failure from this. Now get a car, and get the hell out of here."
    TAG: Jeremy

Abandoned House

"Go and take a seat, while I find if there's something to eat in the Kitchen." Matthew patted his stomach, "I'm getting a bit hungry." Matthew was walking around when he saw a warm comfy blanket on the couch. "Here. Warm yourself up with this." He picked up the blanket and threw it to Ian.

He went over to the Kitchen and went through the drawers and cabinets. Nothing...seems like the people left in a hurry. He opened the pantry door and saw some leftovers...opened containers, jars, boxes. "Not much...but I guess..." Matthew stuck his hand through one of the opened boxes and pulled out a granola bar. "Good enough."

He then saw something move around in the shelves. "What the hell..." He moved the boxes around and saw an infestation of rats. "Holy..." Matthew stepped back and quickly closed the pantry door. "Not going there again. I'm sure as hell not checking the fridge."

11. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Abandoned House

Ian took a seat on the couch and wrapped himself in the warm cozy blanket that had the distinctive smell of dog on it. Ian's nose wrinkled as the full smell of the blanket hit him with a full punch. His eyebrows raised and he shook his head backwards.

"Whew! This stinks! Smells like dog fur...bad dog fur. But..." Ian paused for a long while the steadily lowered his voice, "At least its better then nothing. Find anything back there?" Ian yelled out to Matthew as he was searching through the pantry.

Ian was not unfamiliar with these kind of surroundings, but it had been a long time since. He had been in good comapny for years now. He wasn't hungry. But he wasn't opposed to eating as well.

12. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    OCC: Since alpha_red_83 has to temporarily leave the game for a short time, I need everyone to band together and keep this RP from slipping. It really means a lot to both me and alpha_red_83 and I would hate to see it abandoned.

Please try your best to post. [face_praying] Any new members would be appreciated as well. If you need any help on catching up or where we are feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

13. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: I'm simply posting when I have the chance.

F.E.A.R. Academy

The intercome blared to life, the Captain spoke in a voice so tense and worried. "Attention! Attention! All units will be sent in search of two men. Command Sergeant Major Matthew Rosetti and First Sergeant Ian Richards has gone missing. According to the Authorities, they were around the Auburn Cemetary. You will have 48 hours to finish the mission. Why are we risking the lives of our men over two soldiers, you ask? No one gets left behind...family remains together and will always be together. Godspeed."
    TAG: All units

14. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: Was walking around the forum when I suddenly bumped into this thread...

15. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Your GM has returned! I will take over alpha_red_83's place. Vigilance, thank you for watching over. Many thanks. Let's cut the OOC chatter and get back to business.

16. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: Yeah, no problem JCM. Sorry for OOC, back on track.

17. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    OC: Nice to have you back, JCM.

Abandoned House

Ian looked around the house he he shivered up close to the blanket that surrounded him. He looked to Matthew who had just recently been startled by a nest of rats apparently taking refugee in the cabinets, "Do you think anyone is on a search for us right now? I mean surely someone besides the police has heard of our little excursion just now."

Ian looked down and blew a breath of warm air into his hands; warming him slightly but after a moment letting the cold resume its mission of frostbite and destruction. He looked and saw nothing he hadn't ever seen before.

So many memories....Janus...

18. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Thank you.

Abandoned House

"If they're not coming in the next day or two, we're gonna risk it back to Headquarters. We have to stop your brother and Paxton before it's too late." Matthew explained quickly as he sat down on the ripped couch. The leather was torn apart, revealing the inner foam inside, though Matthew shifted around in his seat to get comfortable.

"On the meantime, I will check out that car in the driveway. I can probably hot wire it." Matthew smirked.

19. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Abandoned House

Ian's head was still buried in his hands when he felt Matthew sit on the couch next to him. Ian closed his eyes when Matthew began to speak of his brother...well the man who was claiming to be his brother.

"Janus is not my brother. Nick Richards was my brother. I...I don't know where my brother is anymore. But...uh..uh..hot-wiring that car outside sounds like a good idea. We should get on that immediately."

Ian lifted his head up and stared out the nearby window. Still. Quiet. Cold. Just like life was treating him as of this moment.

20. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Abandoned House

Matthew blinked blinked his eyes constantly, trying to hold back the tears that were forming. He rose a hand and patted Ian on nthe shoulder, "Well...you still have us. You have me." Matthew grinned weakly, feeling his friend's inner pain.

"Ian, you made your parents proud. What your brother did...was wrong. You did the right thing. Remember, good can exist without evil and evil cannot exist without good." Matthew glanced behind him and got up from the couch. "Well, I'm gonna get started in trying to hotwire the car."

Matthew exited through the front door and shivered due to the intense cold weather outside. It was as if daggers continously stabbed his body. He moved over to the car and banged the hood with his fist. He went over to the driver's side door and attempted to open the door. Oddly, it was open. He crouched down under the dashboard and pulled out a set of different colored wires.

But before he did the necessary wire crossing, he looked for keys. Damn! Nothing! But thank God there's gas! Matthew pulled out the knife from his belt and started working on the set of wires.

21. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Abandoned House

Ian buried his head into his hands again when Matthew began to speak to him. Tears were, unlike some things, not unknown to him. But he managed to hold back any that tried to escape from his grasp.

Some said that tears were badges of courage, well in this case not for Ian. Tears were an inferior emotion at this moment in his life; they were a hinderance. Nothing would be accomplished by their almost immediate arrival.

"Thank you, Matthew." Ian said in a muffled, tear-stricken voice. Ian continued to hold his head in the palms of his hands. He slightly acknowledged Matthew's comment of hot-wiring the car. But when he heard the door slam shut, Ian rose from his prone position and walked to the window he had been looking out through at various moments.

"So this is life? This is what is to be cherished? Hmph..." Ian cocked an eyebrow and turned back towards the dark and damp surroundings. His mind was the same...but his heart was filled with sorrow and grief. The dark emotions plaguing his body would pass in time.

Yes. In time.

22. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Janus Hallucination
    Abandoned House

A solid unmistakenable figure of Nick Richards, well in this point on he transformed into Janus, appeared in the dark musty hallways of the abandoned house. A cold chill dispersed into the room, spreading out like hands.

The hallucination of Janus walked down the hallways and snuck up behind Ian. He rose an arm and wrapped it around Ian's shoulder. A sudden mysterious gust of wind past them, Janus' black leather trenchcoat twirled by the force.

His militarized boots left a dark gray ash as he moved. Janus looked at Ian and deviously carressed the back of his neck. "It will all be over soon...you know that, don't you Ian?" Janus smiled mischievously and pulled out something out of his trenchcoat pocket.

It was a small keepsake picture...a picture of Ian and Nick. Though the sides were torn apart and was bent, the picture would always remain safe. In the picture, Ian was sitting down on a large slab of stone rock. Nick ,who was large in build and size at that time, was sitting next to him with an arm around his brother, just like this moment. The sun behind them formed a hypnotizing halo effect around them...no...not 'them.' Only Ian.

"Do you think I'm evil? Or do you think everyone in this God forsaken Earth is good?" Janus asked, his hazel eyes glistening in the moonlight.

[b]IC: Matthew Rosetti[/b]
    [i]Driveway[/i]

[blockquote]Matthew tinkered with the wires a bit, until the engine roared to life. He was surprise with the loud noise he bumped his head against the steering wheel. "I got - Damn it!" Matthew cursed and rubbed the back of his head, his face contorted with pain.

"Ian!" Matthew called out. "Ian! Car's done!" He yelled, hoping Ian would hear.[/blockquote][b]TAG: Ian[/b]

23. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Abandoned House / Hallucination

Ian felt the breeze of the cool chilled air whip at his senses. It startled him...only for a moment when he noticed the figure of Ni...Janus surround him. The arm wrapping around his shoulders was unnerving and cold.

"Hello, Janus. Your learning Paxton's tricks quite nicely." Ian's voice was as cold as the air that surrounded them. No trace of the warm man that Ian had been was heard. At least for now. Without warning Janus revealed a small photograph of Nick and Ian.

They were happy. They were brothers then. No evil. No military. No Paxton Fettel. The sun was shinning bright, just like both of their smiles. Ian smiled for just a moment but when Janus began to speak again the smile Ian had worn disapeared.

Ian let out a little laugh, "Your not Nick, Janus. You never will be. But good is a point of view. Most of the times, in their own minds, everyone believes their doing good. But it is there actions that determine the definition of good. You have done nothing to warrant the title of good. You betrayed me by bringing that man to poison me. To drug me. Your a sad and pathetic shell. Now leave me!"

Ian heard Matthew's call and rudely excused himself from the vision of his former brother...from Janus.

TAG: Janus, Matthew

24. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Janus Hallucination
    Abandoned House

Janus sighed in dispair after hearing those words exit Ian's mouth. "You still have a lot to learn, bro." Janus smiled nervously and leaned over close to Ian to kiss him on the forehead. "Remember, I'm always watching you. Big brother is watching you." Janus watched Ian walk away from him. Ash began to consume Janus, before he completely dispersed in ash, he took one last look at Ian and smiled.

"It wasn't my fault..." Janus' echoing voice ripped through the surrounding environment. Then in the blink of an eye, the hallucination of Janus disappeared. A black pile of ash left in his place, motionless and undisturbed.
    TAG: N/A

[b]IC: Matthew Rosetti[/b]
    [i]Driveway[/i]

[blockquote]"C'mon. It's too cold out here." Matthew urged Ian to hurry. When Ian opened the passenger door, Matthew had sat down in the driver's seat and slammed the door close.

He turned on the headlights and turned on the heater. "Ready to hit the road, Ian?" Matthew grinned as he locked his seatbelt in place. "Let's go home..." The smile on Matthew's face quickly disappeared. "...Are you okay? You look...pale." Matthew adjusted his rearview mirror.[/blockquote][b]TAG: Ian[/b]

25. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Hot-Wired Vehicle

Ian sat with his arms crossed in the passengers seat. When he heard Matthew's comment, Ian smiled then turned his head to face him.

"Yes. I'm fine. Just cold and ready to go home that's all." Ian continued to keep the smile present and gave him a slight nod to indicate to Matthew to hit the ignition.

Ian laid his head against the head rest and sighed out deeply. He was ready to go home and slip beneath the covers. He wished he could have stayed there forever. Safe within the confines of his cot.

"Let's just hit the road. Please." Ian begged slightly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.