1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) "Is truth scarier than fiction?"

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LORDVIGILANCE, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Alma Hallucination
    Hot-Wired Vehicle

Matthew scoffed from Ian's remark, "Whoa. All right. Just sit back...and.....enjoy..." The words trailed off when Matthew looked straight ahead. "...Is that a girl standing out there?" Matthew pointed, the windshield was a bit dirty. The headlights eerily shone at the girl, but her mask-like face was obscured by her black hair.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. That looks like the same girl back at the apartment building." Matthew's eyes were filled with fear. "Dammit, I'm not gonna let some kid mess with me." Matthew pulled out his silenced pistol tucked in his pants and flashed it to Ian, then he locked all doors.

Then Matthew honked the car horn a few times. "Get out of the way!" Matthew continued to honk the horn. Then the girl in the red dress slowly started to move towards them. Her legs moved in a frightening diagonal motion, then she got down on all fours and started to crawl towards them like a gorrila loose out of the zoo.

Matthew screamed when he heard the loud banging on the car door. The girl was no where in sight, but Matthew knew for sure she was still crawling around the car. That was when the car was troubling...the engine was sputtering a bit...the headlights flickering on and off. Matthew looked at Ian wide-eyed then back at the dashboard, "Don't die on me, you peice of junk!"
    TAG: Ian
  2. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    IC: Ian Richards
    Hot-Wired Vehicle

Ian could only stare once Matthew had pointed out the little girl standing infront of them. He cocked his head to one side as the girl began to awkwardly walk towards the car.

"She's going to kill us if she gets a hold of us, you know?" Ian could only widen his eyes as she crawled closer then disapeared from sight. The doors began to bang from an unknown attacker.

Ian's heart was racing and his adrenaline was pumping hard. It was too cold to sweat but he began to anyway. Ian laid his head back on the head rest again and began to think to someone. Someone who was sure to hear him.

Stop it, Janus. Tell whoever it is to stop this. You don't want me to die now do you? Think of all the fun we could have. One last fight. Think of it now, Janus.

Ian was hoping someone was going to hear his call. Despite the changes that had occured to Janus...possibly some amount of Nick was still there.

Hear me. Please.

TAG: Janus, Matthew

3. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    IC: Matthew Rosetti
    Hot-Wired Vehicle

Matthew's driver's side door started to get pulled by some invisible force, the hinges started to get torn and squeal. Matthew panicked and shot a couple of rounds through the metal, but nothing stopped it. The door was being ripped out forcefully like the metal was made of aluminum.

Matthew dropped his weapon and tried to hold the door in it's place, so that 'thing' wouldn't kill them. Suddenly, things started to tone down a bit. Matthew took a deep breath and sighed in relief, "Let's get out of here now." Matthew slammed on the accelerator and sped down the dirt road into the city streets.

There were patroling Police units driving by, but nothing seemed to hinder Matthew and Ian's trip. "That was just weird...I mean. We have to tell the Captain about this mess." Matthew said quickly, jerking the wheel for a turn.
  4. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4

Hot-Wired Vehicle

Ian cold only squeeze his eyes tighter together as the entity began to peel away the driver-side door. The sqealing metal being torn away was ear shattering. It reminded both of them what the world...what the universe contained in it.

Ian winced his eyes, despite their closure, when Matthew began to fire several shots into the door. Apparently he was trying to halt her advance. But nothing would. She would keep coming. Day after day. Month after month. Year after year.

It was unavoidable.

Nothing would stop either her, Paxton, or...or Janus until they were all dead. The war the world was fighting would never cease until these beings of pure evil were killed, setting everything back into balance.

"Yes. That's quite a good idea, Matthew." Ian said sarcastically as he began to punch down on the accelerator. His head was pushed back a little as the surroundings were blurred from the speed.

Ian could only stare into the darkness of his closed eyes. The darkness that would probably fade in time.

TAG: Matthew

5. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Hot-Wired Vehicle

After several minutes of driving, they had already reached the gate entrance to the F.E.A.R. Headquarters. A guard exit the small booth and performed a security check, "Finally, you're here. Now we can call of the search. Captain's a bit troubled that you guys were gone."

Matthew nodded to the guard, who opened the sliding gate to let them pass. Matthew parked the car and exited the vehicle. The Captain and his lackeys quickly rushed towards Matthew and Ian, "What happened? Why the hell did you leave?"

Matthew glanced at Ian, "Evil has just started. Ian's brother ,Nick, is still alive. But I don't feel like discussing it now, tomorrow. Goodnight, people." Matthew rubbed his eyes and clumsily walked back to the Officer's Quarters.

"You can use the rest too, First Sergeant. Goodnight." The Captain said nodding.
  6. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    OOC: C'mon guys. Enter and continue. This must not be neglected.

IC: Paxton Fettel / Janus / Axle
    Somewhere near the ATC Building

Janus walked inside a small bright room. There was a computer terminal on the other side, with various monitors surrounding the mileu. Paxton was sitting down with one leg crossed over the other. Axle ,his trusted henchman, stood to his right with his huge muscular arms crossed together. Axle was a man no one should mess with, his face spelled doom and trouble to whomever would disrupt Fettel's plan. His emerald green eyes glimmered with ultimate pureness, his blonde short cut militarized hair was worn in a threatening way. His body build was tremendous, like someone in a wrestling program.

Janus took off his trenchcoat and professionally threw it towards a nearby coatrack, "My brother took the bait..." Paxton chuckled as he smiled, "Good. Everything is going as planned. We have good news...Alma is being transported out of the vault. We will be transporting her to the other side of the country. There is an ATC Installation there that will provide extra security, we just need to act quick to avoid any unwanted entanglements." Paxton explained.

The room dimmed a bit, a slideshow appeared on the white clean wall. There was a picture of a very large jumbo jet airplane, photos of Alma, and scientific Theories about the Operation and Projects of ATC. Janus frowned a bit, which was noticed by Axle who was studying his face.

"Is something wrong?" Axle asked Janus, who looked at him and shook his head side to side. "Something's bothering you." Axle added. Paxton exchanged glances with Janus, "Probably some issues with his brother and the...possession." Axle grinned along with Paxton, Janus continued to frown. "He won't join me....no one will. So I guess we'll just kill anyone who gets in our way...if that even includes my very own brother." Janus said deviously.

"Ha ha! That's my kind of guy!" Paxton laughed as he got up from his chair. He gleefully walked up to Janus and saluted him. "I have other great news. I managed to persuade and convince a small military force to assist us in our cause. And you'll receive your own military rank. Does...Colonel sound good to you? You have the wits, the talent, the skill, hey you deserve it." Paxton said.

Janus nodded, "I surely would like that very much, sir." He saluted to Paxton. "Very well...Colonel." Paxton said. Axle followed after his boss and looked Janus straight in the eye. "He's devoted to us, I don't think he'll disobey." Axle said, studying Janus' facial features. "He's smart, he wouldn't ever." Paxton added and moved over to one of the Computer Terminals. Janus' eyes sparkled a dead steel gray while the other half a burning hazel fire. Half of his hair was albino white, the other half a dark brown. It's a no wonder this evil man was called 'Janus.'

"Ian's like a mosquito. He keeps coming back for more. Trying to sicken this wretched place. I thought I had him...but I was wrong. Now his refusal would only lead to his end." Janus slid his hands in his pockets and felt the familar object that was hidden inside. He pulled it out and saw that it was the picture of him and Ian before they even entered the F.E.A.R Academy together. They were young and loving brothers. But all that was put to a stop...

Axle rose an eyebrow and quickly snatched the picture from Janus' hand, "Aww...look at that. Brother loving brother." Paxton couldn't help but grin, though he covered it with his fist gripped hand. "I would like it if you don't do that again." Janus quickly snatched the picture back and slipped it inside his pocket. Axle only narrowed his eyes at Janus. "Now now. No need for trouble. Let's get to work." Paxton ordered as they all left the room.
    TAG: N/A
  7. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4

F.E.A.R. Compound

Ian pulled himself out of the clearly ages vehicle and looked around. His clothes were drying quite slowly and the cool air chilled his body as he presented himself to the world. Ian looked to see Matthew clearly shrugging off the Captain and his aides.

Big Brother is always watching you...

Ian shook his head and rubbed his temples as the voice of Janus echoed through his mind. They stung with a passion; everything that was Nick was in Janus. But...Nick had betrayed everyone long before Janus had appeared to the world.

"No. Its not..." Ian said quietly to himself as he was politely dismissed by the Captain. Ian nodded slightly to him and made his way to the Officer's Quarters. He made his way through an extremely late-night drill team and finally reached the door. Ian pulled open the door and a nice warm gush of air hit him straight in the face.

"Nice." Ian shrugged it off.

TAG: Any

8. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room - Early Morning

Matthew was up and early to go and stretch his muscles, he barely worked out ever since he have been assigned into this job. Others joined him inside the facility to lift weights and run on treadmills, and so on.

"We were getting worried about you." A team mate said to Matthew, who was lifing weights beside him. Matthew exhaled as he lifted one arm up followed by the other. He was dressed only in athletic shorts and rubber shoes, his muscular chest was exposed covered with glistening sweat. A blue bandada was tied around his neck in a fashionable way.

"Just duty...that's all." Matthew replied and shook his heat to remove the sweat stinging his eyes. Matthew and some others were facing a large long rectangular mirror, others were simply doing what they were doing. The team mate grinned, "Captain...had...faith...in you both." He was seperating and pausing his conversation to give moments as he lifted each arm up carrying the heavy weight.

Matthew tried not to speak, he always thought it was a distraction while one was doing something. But he continued to lift the weights, alternating each rise. "Any chicks you like here?" The team mate asked. Matthew smiled and nearly dropped the weights by accident. "Whoa!" Matthew managed to keep them balanced, preventing them from falling out of his grip.

The team mate placed his weights down and pulled out a small towel from his duffle bag. Matthew gently returned the weights to it's proper place and did the same. He sat down on a nearby bench and took a bottle of gatorade. "You didn't answer my question." The team mate asked, nudging Matthew in the arm.

"Well...there's this one girl...No wait...three." Matthew chuckled to himself and continued to wipe his face with the towel. "Three? Jeez, man. Why not all of them? Heh, I'm just kidding." The team mate grinned. "Well what do you think about your men? Ian Richards...John Roswell...Kally...Jake and Jeremy. We all know them." Matthew nodded, "They're cool. All of them are. Everyone counts, no one gets left behind." Matthew said.

The team mate stood up, "I'll be heading to the mess hall. Kinda getting hungry." Matthew rose an eyebrow. "Leaving already?" The team mate started to pack his stuff, "Sorry, man, next time." Matthew scoffed and stood up to continue lifing some weights.
    TAG: Ian, anyone who cares
  9. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    F.E.A.R. Compound

Ian had fallen asleep on the bed without even removing any of the covering. He had slipped off his jacket and shirt but left the semi-dry pants on. Several hours later though, Ian awoke with his head spinning and a large rustling noise near his bed.

"Hey! Keep it down!" Ian said in a muffled voice. However, the noises continued without rest and Ian finally decided to wake up. He turned over and placed a hand on his stomach. His muscles clenched as he exhaled and inhaled.

His eyes dazily blinked from the bright lights above his head. After a few moments of lying prone in the bed, Ian sat up and went for a nearby dresser. He grabbed a nice clean pair of clothes and headed for the showers.

Ian walked across the lawn, still wet with dew, and felt the cool morning air brush against his skin. It felt refreshing. It felt new.

He reached the building that contained the showers and lockers. He proceeded to lay his things on a nearby bench and remove the old clothes he had been wearing when he learned his brother was still alive. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. Ian walked into the empty shower area and turned on the shower head.

He lost himself in the steam...in his mind....in his heart.

Ian walked out of the showers a new man, well at least physically. He was clean and scrubbed clean of the dirt and grime that had plagued his body earlier that day. He looked at the flagpole in the middle of the compound. The American Flag was tumbling in the wind. Rippling the star and stripes that symbolized what each and every state had sacraficed to live free.

"I will not fail you. Not once." Ian said to himself with a light smile. He walked over to the pole and slowly slid down it to sit beneath it. Ian sat under the flag and let the cool breeeze wash over his skin.

He exhaled deeply. But after awhile he noticed several recruits walking out of the gym-like building. Ian's curiosity was peaked so he decided to take a look inside. It had been quite a long time since he had gotten a chance to work out. He thought that he might do a couple of lifts, nothing to much though.

He walked again across the lawn and opened the door. A rush of musky air filled his nostrils. Ian's nose stung with a violent reaction.

"Whew!" Ian chuckled as he saw Matthew lifting on a nearby machine. He walked closer, "Hey there! How long have you been here?" Ian asked with a peaked curiosity.

TAG: Matthew/>
  10. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    OOC: Erm...Vigilance, I TAGed you. That means you have to reply to my post, not ignore it. Edit and make it suitable to fit in reply to mine.
  11. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

Matthew heard the familar voice of Ian, he carefully placed the weights on the supporter. "Oh you!" Matthew sat up and wiped his sweaty palms on his shorts. "An hour or so. Care for a little training? Maybe some martial arts mixed with some wrestling? C'mon, take me flowerman." Matthew smirked, his famous kissup look appearing.

Matthew walked towards the middle of the room and took off his shoes and socks. He went on the soft padded flood which was the place people would spar. Matthew hopped left and right, trying to seem like a professional boxer and made two fists.

"Don't be a sissy, c'mon it'll be fun. Let's make this interesting though...whoever wins will get 100 bucks. Whoever loses...well..." Matthew started to laugh uncontollibly. "Ha ha ha. Loser has to streak naked through the Academy. You think you're up to it? If the consequence seems a bit...too far...we can work it out." Matthew grinned.

OOC: And make sure not to TAG with 'any.' Be specific in your posts unless no one is present. ;)
  12. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Training Room

Ian smircked as Matthew began to hop back and forth in a show to look professional. Ian walked over to one of the weight-machines and proceeded to unlace his boots. With a slight tug on each foot, the boots fell to the floor with a slight thump followed by the socks with a seemingly silent fall.

"Sounds good to me. But you probably want to hurry though. Breakfast will be out in a few minutes and I know you don't want to run nude infront of everyone." Ian joked as he walked closer to the padded floor where Matthew was still jumping.

Ian winked then lifted his own shirt above his head. As soon as the shirt had been removed completely, Ian threw it near his boots and socks. The room was musky and smelled of sweat. Ian lifted his arms into the air and stretched them, he brought them down horizontal to the ground and flexed his biceps. He looked to Matthew in a confident glance. His hands moved across his chiseled stomach then brought them to his face in two balled fists.

"You sure you want to do this?" Ian chuckled.

13. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

"OF course. We need the training, it'll be fun." Matthew cracked his knuckles and twirled his hands around in the air and ending it with a very professional stance. "First one to bleed or the first one to fall on the floor on the back or butt, you lose. Can you take me on, flowerman?" Matthew laughed.

A group of soldiers started to watch what was going to take place, "Who do you think is gonna win?" A soldier said to another colleague. "Er..I don't know...this is gonna be a hard decision." The collegue replied. "I place a bet on Ian, 50 bucks." The soldier said, pulling out his wallet and taking out the necessary bills.

"All right, I'll take my stand on Matthew." The soldier smiled and watched Matthew and Ian. Matthew rose up his fists and carefully walked up closer to Ian. He then threw a quick punch towards Ian's chest, while the other was going to swipe his face.
  14. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Training Room

Ian watched Matthew twirl around the matt, performing useless gestures. Ian tightened his hands closer to his face and smiled when he heard the conditions for loosing.

"Whatever you say, Matt. But I wouldn't want you to bleed too much. They just cleaned these floors. I wouldn't want to see them stained with blood so early." Ian smircked to his superior.

His taunt was interupted by Matthew's quick jab to his chest. Ian quickly grabbed the incoming forearm and attempted to pull Matthew past him. While he moved his own arm to intercept the fist coming at his face though, Ian quickly jabbed his knee upwards to make contact with Matthew's stomach.

15. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

Ian's knee rose up and slammed into Matthew's stomach, who bent down and groaned in pain. The crowd started to whoop and cheer slightly, those who had betted on Matthew didn't like what they were seeing. "Come on! Kick his ass!" The crowd egged on the intensity of the fight.

Matthew shifted his body to the right and lifted his right leg into the air to land two kicks at Ian's side and face. If Ian somehoe countered this move, Matthew would land both of his fists into Ian's torso, which should cause him to fall on the ground.
  16. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Training Room

Ian's ego rose when the kick landed hard against Matthew's stomach. However, his amusement was cut short when his opponent shifted and landed a kick against the side of Ian's face. The impact was hard against his temples. His ears began to ring and his vision went dizzy. The kick had twirled Ian off to the left side and, unexpected to Matthew, avoided his second attack.

"Ouch. Now I'm gonna kick your tail even harder." Ian stared down Matthew while making a come closer gesture with his fingers. Ian's eyes betrayed no clue as to his next move, although his lips curled into a light smile.

17. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

Matthew grinned when he saw Ian doing that hand gesture for him to continue. "All right. Don't cry when I beat you." Matthew chuckled and started to carefully walk towards Ian, not hesitating to let his guard down.

"Attack me, Ian. Don't wimp out now." Matthew urged on. They both were circling around each other slowly, their eye contact never breaking. Sweat beaded up and slid down below his hair line, Matthew didn't take the time to wipe it away. The room was awkwardly quiet, except for everyone's slow relaxed breathing.
  18. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4

Training Room

The room echoed with the silent footsteps of the two officers. Circling each other at a steady pace, Ian stepped closer with a lunge then scooted backwards again. Matthew's reflexes were being tested as Ian backed away and moved forward.

"Oh! Don't worry. I'm not gonna cry. There would be no reason for a winner to cry." Ian said with a friendly taunt.

Ian stopped circling and looked past Matthew. His eyes widened and his heart-rate increased. Ian started to shake his head in disbelief.

"It can't be. It just...Its not." Ian's mouth was gaped open.

19. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

Matthew dodged and avoided the attacks by Ian and continued to either counter his moves or defend. "Forget the rules about whoever falls, this is prisoner rules now, pretty boy." Matthew grinned and quickly rammed his whole body into Ian, which should slam them both onto the ground.

The crowed exlaimed, "Ouch! That's gotta hurt." The crowd then began to cheer, some siding with Matthew, some siding with Ian. Matthew tried to pin Ian's arms down with his own, so no surprising attacks would forthcome.

Matthew grinned, "What's the matter? Tired? That's a damn shame, because I'm just getting warmed up!" Matthew tried to jab his fist twice into Ian's chest, since it was so widely exposed. "Attack me, flowerman. Imagine that I'm your brother, preparing to finally rid his burden." Matthew knew that if he spoke of Nick Richards or at his point on, Janus, it would make Ian's blood boil. It would give him the necessary dose of Adrenaline. Matthew pinned Ian on the ground, sandwiched on the floor.

Would Ian get some sort of edge by Matthew' comment?
  20. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4

Training Room

Ian's ploy of distracting Matthew had failed. There was nothing that was going to stop them now. Winner takes all. But Ian had been charged at unexpectedly and forced to the ground by Matthew. He was now pinned to the floor underneath the full weight of his superior.

"Nah! I'm just getting started. But you calling me flowerman? Who's got who pinned on the ground, sir. Ian taunted towards Matthew until he pressed down even harder on Ian's arms and chest. His eyes winced again in pain and his lips pursed together.

However, when Matthew began to speak about Nick...Ian's eyes closed tight and his face blushed bright red. Ian heard everything that Matthew was saying to him now. His blood began to boil and his skin began to cringe.

"Its funny. Because I think you just lost." Ian said as he flipped his eyelids open and kicked a leg to impact between Matthew's legs. The impact flipped him off of Ian and onto the floor. Meanwhile, Ian himself kicked himself off the floor in a slight flip and turned to face the crouching form of Matthew Rosetti.

"Come on now. It is prisoner rules. Get up! Fight me!" Ian was yelling now. He didn't notice the gasps from the recruits standing around. They were shocked. So was Ian.

21. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

All Matthew could do was smile from Ian's taunts, but that smile quickly disappeared when he was thrown off of him by a well placed kick. Matthew impacted on his back, groaning in pain. The crowd gasped and chattered quietly, some began whooping and chanting for Ian to win.

Matthew looked at the surrounding crowd then glared at Ian angrily. "We'll see about that, pretty boy." Matthew slowly got up from the padded floor and clenched his teeth together in pure frustration. Matthew lunged forward and clamped both hands on Ian's shoulders and sent a flurry of quick but medium punches and kicks at his opponent.

Matthew grabbed Ian's arm and twisted it without any remorse, both of them were taking it a little too far, but Matthew didn't care. All he cared about was winning and proving others that he isn't just some regular guy. He then got around Ian and held him in a headlock. Matthew strained to tighten his wrap around Ian, sweat slid off constantly from them, mixing together along with small traces of blood.

The floor was stained, the atmosphere was full of violence. The crowd continued to cheer and watch. "Yell for mercy, Ian. You lost this match! Give up!" Matthew yelled, his eyes burning with anger.
  22. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4

Training Room

Ian was beginning to fail miserbaly to Matthew Rosetti's constant attacks on him. Ian was starting to think that Matthew was taking this personally. He knew that if that was the case Ian would have to defend himself accordingly.

However, when Matt forced a head-lock on Ian things were beginning to fall in favor of his superior. But Ian still had a few tricks up his sleeve. With a powerful thrust, Ian slammed his elbows into his stomach and thrust his foot onto the tops of Matthew's.

"I'll only give up....when your passed out on the floor!" Ian yelled when the headlock loosened.

23. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Training Room

Matthew winced in pain and clutched his stomach from the sharp elbow strike performed by Ian. The crowd laughed, some who sided with Matthew were disappointed by what they were seeing. Some people even left watching the fight, "This is too pathetic. I'd rather watch a musical that watch this. Let's leave. Yeah, this is weak." The crowd began to shift and depart, but some managed to stay.

Matthew groaned painfully and took a deep breath and slowly walked closer to Ian. He was breathing heavily, "A-All right...You win..." Matthew smiled weakly and thrusted his hand forward for a handshake.
  24. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
  25. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Training Room

Ian looked cautiously at Matthew Rosetti, his hand was extended weakly for a handshake. Apparently, he was giving up. Ian walked a little closer while wiping the sweat from his brow.

"How can I trust you, Matt? You gonna pull something on me?" Ian said with his eye's in a skeptic glance. There was something going on. But? Was there really? Could he actually be surrendering to me?

"You can't be serious, Matt." Ian said by lightly extending a hand to shake his superior's. Ian placed his feet in a wide and steady stance just to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.