main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) "Is truth scarier than fiction?"

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LORDVIGILANCE, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005

IC: Ian Richards
    F.E.A.R. Bus

Ian boarded the bus behind Matthew, he could tell that Matthew was upset. He would have to face the Captain's anger because of his impulsive decision. Ian felt horrible. A perfect situation that had taken place just moments in the past was ruined.

Ian noticed Matthew take a seat in the bus. He looked extremely upset...like he didn't want to be bothered. Ian did a half-turn to face John behind him.

"John? Sit over right there." Ian motioned for the set of chairs behind Matthew, "I'll be there in a second." Ian smiled at John for a moment then turned to face Matthew.

Ian walked slowly and took a seat next to Matthew. Ian placed a hand on Matthew's knee and squeezed slightly, "Hey? Are ok?"

TAG: Matthew, John

2. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / John Roswell
    Abandoned Building

John looked at Ian, then looked at the distressed figure of Matthew Rosetti. Ian told him to take a seat a couple of rows behind Matthew. "All right, Ian." John smiled and laid a hand on Ian's shoulder before he left and sat down.

Matthew looked out the window and then saw Ian take a seat next to him. When Ian rested his hand on his knee, Matthew eyed him for a moment. Matthew rose a hand and cupped Ian's hand which was still gripped tightly on his knee. "I'm fine, it's just that..I've risked a lot of things. The Captain is going to get really pissed at me for disobeying orders." Matthew said and opened his left arm for Ian to rest over. "Come here. Be comfortable. There's no need to get uneasy or nervous around me." Matthew smiled and encouraged Ian to do what he wanted to do. Or needed.

Other F.E.A.R. Officials and soldiers, including the ones who accompanied Matthew on this mission, boarded the bus. Some of them looked at Matthew bitterly, some made faces. "Matthew, wise move back there...I bet you're quicker getting in trouble than getting girls..." Matthew ignored all comments thrown at him. "I'm just tired that's all." Matthew said exhaustedly. "Take your seats, people. We're leaving." The bus driver said and began to shut the doors. People in the bus began to chatter as the vehicle started to move.
    TAG: Ian

3. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

F.E.A.R. Bus

Ian was relieved that Matthew didn't explode in an outburst. He was afraid that after so many things going on, Matthew wouldn't be open to a little chit-chat. But he was. He was a true commander. Despite what had happened, he took a risk that anyone would have taken.

"Thank you, Matthew. I apreciate it. But don't worry about the Captain. It'll be ok." Ian said while scooting closer to Matthew. He looked at his eyes. They were tired with exhaustion. Weary from battle. After all this...a vacation was needed...a long one.

Ian looked over the seats and saw John conversing with several of the other soldiers. He was doing fine. He seemed to be making some friends. He was laughing and smiling.

This sight made Ian feel quite nice. But he turned his attention back to Matthew when he heard a long sigh come from his direction. Ian seemed to be right up next to Matthew now.

TAG: Matthew

4. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: I don't want The Captain to be an anonymous person in this RP, so I'm going to give him a name: Thomas Fuller.

IC: Matthew Rosetti
    F.E.A.R. Bus

"You're welcome, Ian. I try to do my best for my team, I'd risk my live saving each of you." Matthew laid a hand on Ian's lap. The bus started to enter the main streets, apparently heading for the free way. The chattering continued.
    "We'll get through this. All this fighting, this war will come to an end soon enough." Matthew said, smiling when Ian had come closer. They were right next to each other, with Ian resting his head against Matthew's. "It'll be all over. Just stay strong. Never give up." Matthew was talking in a voice so low, probably Ian couldn't hear what he was saying. Plus, the engine and the rumble of the ground below drowned out all noises. Matthew smiled and gently ran his hand through Ian's hair, then kissed the back of his head. "You're too precious to be lost."

Matthew held Ian close, his arm around his closest friend, his brother. F.E.A.R. will always remain his family, and he would die protecting it, protecting the innocent people on this Earth specially made and loved by God. Wherever there is evil, there is always good that will counter it.

5. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

F.E.A.R. Bus

Ian heard every word that Matthew spoke out of his mouth. Every utterance was as clear as the night sky. Nothing could drown out the voice Ian was so focused on hearing. However, he was getting sleepy. Ian's eyes became heavy and his breathing was slow and deep. The steady hum of the engines on the bus were hypnotic, the rythmic beating of Matthew's heart; it all was helping Ian into a fast slumber.

"Thank...you...Matthew..." Ian said with a tired tone.

He positioned his head more comfortably on Matthew's shoulder. Nothing was awkward. This was war. Sometimes things were different than in real life. War made you respect and cherish life more. It made you value friendships.

To Ian...these friendships with John and...Matthew...was worth fighting for.

6. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    F.E.A.R. Bus

Matthew saw that Ian was slowly dozing off to sleep, that relaxed him down a bit. Ian had comfortably leaned on Matthew, although neither of them were disturbed by the loud constant chattering and rumbling of the speeding wheels.

"Aww...look at that. Isn't this a pretty picture?" A soldier got up and looked down over the large seat. Two soldiers looked at Ian and Matthew, with smiles on their faces. Matthew looked up and furrowed his eyebrows together. "Guys...not now." Matthew said, bringing his arm around Ian's back, cupping his hand on Ian's abdomen.

Matthew was also getting tired, after all the running and dodging, it was exhausting. The bus rolled off the exit ramp into the suburbs, they reached the outside of the F.E.A.R Academy building. There was a myriad of parked cars waiting outside, with a crowd of people bunched up the front gate. There was the news media, Officers attempted to push them away.

Matthew looked out the window, his arm still wrapped around Ian comfortably. The security booth guard waved his hand for the control officer to raise the gate. Matthew looked at Ian and noticed a small edge of paper sticking out of his pants pocket. Matthew glanced away for a moment and looked back at it. What's this? Matthew thought to himself. He didn't want to take things from Ian without asking, but he was just curious. He carefully slipped his hand inside Ian's jeans pocket, hoping he won't wake up. Though Ian was just moving around in his deep sleep. Matthew slowly pulled the paper out of his pcoket and saw it was a photograph, old and wrinkly, the edges were a bit ripped. It looked like Ian, well when he was younger. Then there was Nick, right next to him. It was such a happy looking picture, it almost made Matthew cry.

The gate opened and the bus started to enter into the courtyard. "Ian. We're here. Sorry for waking you up." Matthew smiled.

7. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

F.E.A.R. Bus

Ian was deep in his slumber. It was dark. Cold. Nothing was warm or loving. No one was warm or loving. His dreams danced around the thoughts of Janus, Nick, Axle, and Paxton. This was all Paxton Fettel's fault. This entire series of events had transpired because of his devious arrangements.

Ian felt a shaking and a warm familar voice waking him from his nightmares. There before him sat the form of Matthew Rosetti. Ian smiled a tired smile. He noticed though that Matthew had an arm wrapped behind him and Ian had an arm wrapped around Matthew's stomach.

Ian realized his situation and didn't want to cause Matthew any undue stress so he removed the arm from around his stomach, "We're there right? Great! How are you?" Ian said with his head still close to Matthew.

Ian looked down to see the old wrinkled picture of a younger Ian and Nick. His nightmares had returned, "Oh. I see you found our picture." Ian looked down and began to play with his thumbs.

8. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / John Roswell / Captain Fuller
    F.E.A.R. Bus

Matthew smiled and glanced out the window as the bus slowed down to a stop. "I'm doing better, with us finally reaching home." A clear yell echoed outside, "Ten-Hut!" A line of soldiers saluted as Captain Fuller walked down to meet those in the bus.

Matthew stayed in his seat and looked at the small photograph. "Sorry for taking it. I was curious to see what it was." Matthew started to blush a bit. "You should consider yourself lucky that you have a brother. Me. I'm an only child. I didn't have anyone to love besides my parents, my dad's mysteriously gone and my mom is remaining quiet. Now that I've joined F.E.A.R. I can love the whole team, even you. You and John, my brothers." Matthew smiled and laid a hand on Ian's lap.

The bus doors opened, and the driver stood up and saluted then exited the vehicle. "All right, exit the bus. Now. I want to see Command Sergeant Major Rosetti and First Sergeant Richards in my office." Matthew glanced at Ian, his face full of worry. John stood up and quickly ran behind Ian and Matthew's seat. "I guess I'll see you later." The Captain glared at John and excused him. John left quickly and disappeared out of sight.

"Any day now, guys." Captain Fuller urged as more troops started to get out of the bus. Matthew nudged Ian's leg with his. Matthew took the picture and slipped it inside Ian's jeans pocket. "Come with me." Matthew stood up and saluted respectively, "Yes sir." His voice was shaky. His eyes slightly teary.

9. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

F.E.A.R. Compound

Ian stepped off the bus with Matthew and faced the Captain. Ian's eyes burned from the sunlight that penetrated them. He rubbed them slightly then saluted Captain Fuller as he came to face him. Ian stood at full attention.

"Yes, sir." Ian saluted as he fell in behind the Captain and Matthew. They walked across the courtyard and several times during their tense walk, Ian had looked over at Matthew and gave him a wry smile.

It'll be ok. I promise. Ian mouthed to his friend...his brother.

The wind whistled around them. Leaves rustled around the compound. It was a peaceful day. Or at least it was a peaceful day. They had reached the administrations building.

10. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Captain Fuller
    F.E.A.R. Main Office

Matthew smiled and out of sight grabbed Ian's hand and let go. One guard opened the door to the main office, the Captain politely insisted that Matthew would enter first. Matthew went ahead and walked inside the air-conditioned facility. There was a plethora of people walking around, computer and T.V screens everywhere. A bunch of men and women in suits carried briefcases and folders.

Matthew knew where to go, the Captain's own private office. In big white bold letters surrounded by a black template, read: Cpt. Thomas Fuller. The Captain opened the door and Matthew and Ian didn't hesitate to go inside.

Once inside, the Captain closed and locked the door, there was a large rectangular set of windows that looked over the main office, there was another behind his desk that showed the courtyard.

"So...please take a seat." Captain Fuller waved to two seats in front of his desk. "Want anything? Juice, water, beer? Cigarettes?" The Captain asked generously. Matthew took a seat and politely declined, "No thank you." Matthew looked at Ian for a moment and focused his entire attention at Captain Fuller.

"None of our team mates died out there." Matthew started off to the point. "Yeah, and those innocent people who got shot by the crossfire did. Chief says if he pays and somebody does to, it's sure as hell not going to be me." The Captain said bitterly, fixing thick documents and stacked the to the side. Two highly ranked officials of the Police Department and a member of the Homeland Security had entered the room. Captain Fuller pulled out two documents of Ian Richards and Matthew Rosetti, their private profiles.

Matthew glanced back and sighed, "Great...Just what we need. More members of the party." Matthew said jokingly. "No time for laughs, Rosetti. This is serious." The head member of the A.P.D - Auburn Police Department - took a stand next to Ian. The Member of Homeland Security stood next to Matthew.

"Where were your tactics out there?" The Captain asked Matthew, while still exchanging glances at Ian. "You remind me a lot like Nicholas, Matthew." The Captain said bringing up a situation that has been dealt with in the past. Matthew scoffed and looked at Ian. "That's it, Rosetti, you're off F.E.A.R." The Captain slammed down Matthew Rosetti's private profile.

"What? You can't do that! Ian and I are the best progressing soldiers on the team!" Matthew stood up, extending both arms out to express how frustrated he was. "I already did. It's done. Besides, I'm not putting you back on the field for a stunt like that." The Captain adjusted his tie. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know that saving lives was a damn stunt." Matthew said sarcastically. The Captain stood up, papers ruffling on his desk from his quick stand.

"Hey, you got a big mouth, and that is why your ass is in a sling!" The Captain pointed then lowered his hand. Once in a while the two visitors would look at Ian and Matthew. Matthew was hurting inside, "No. No. Ian, tell him. Fuller, we only get two seconds to make a decision, you sit here for two months and tear it apart?!" Matthew crossed his arms, shifting his stance around, the pressure built up in his body. Matthew's eyes started to tear up. "Aw, C'mon Rosetti. Don't give me this drama." Captain Fuller shook his head.

C'mon, Ian. Please help me. I don't want to know what the outcome of this problem would turn out to be.

11. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Captain Fuller's Office

Ian nearly stood and yelled in outrage as Captain Fuller explained that Matthew would no longer be present on the F.E.A.R. program. But his senses kicked in and Ian relized that yelling and screaming would not accomplish anything. At least not yet.

Ian waited patiently for the tense arguing to subside before he finally spoke his mind. Ian stood out of his chair and placed his arms behind his back, "Sir, with all due respect, I believe your making an extremely bad mistake. Sergeant Rosetti is one of the most valuable assests this team has. It is unwise to let him loose." Ian looked at Matthew and smiled, he began to blush but regained his composure. "Sir, please. Reconsider this decision. Because if Sergeant Rosetti is discharged than I will leave as well. I trust his command abilities. I trust him."

Ian's face was blushing again. His heart was pounding. His hands began to sweat.

TAG: Fuller, Matthew

12. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Captain Fuller
    Cpt. Fuller's Office

The Captain looked at Ian, almost never blinking. Matthew was taking heavy breaths, after finishing his arguement with Captain Fuller. "All right, maybe you're right, Ian. Maybe I was expecting too much perfection from you."

"So, arresting Matthew Rosetti won't be necessary?" The Officer from A.P.D asked. The Captain sat back down, "No. We'll take care of this. Leave us, gentlemen." Captain Fuller ordered, a soldier outside the office opened the door, the two visitors left.

"Instead. You will be spending time in Solitary Confinement. I'm thinking a week." Captain Fuller pondered, rubbing his chin. "Sir! During that time, Paxton and his army would wipe out our allied forces! You need us!" Matthew yelled. "It'll only be a week! To the cooler! Now! Guards!" The guards entered the room, guns over their shoulder.

"Take these scum bags to the cooler. Weeks notice." The Captain looked at Matthew and Ian. The guards sternly listened. "Matthew, Ian. You will remain in F.E.A.R. Division, but you will pay the consequences for disobeying my orders. Get the hell out of here." The Captain ordered.

The guards grabbed Matthew and Ian and led them out to the courtyard. They walked for a few minutes until they reached a very old well guarded building. Two towers looked and watched over the one story building. They entered the facility and walked in a long hallway, their footsteps echoing.

A guard opened a metal door with a small slot on the bottom and a bullet-proof square window on the top. The guards pushed Ian and Matthew inside the small room. There was nothing there except for a small flickering light above, a small rectangular barbed wired window, and a stinking toilet and stained faucet.

Matthew stumbled on the floor and fell on his stomach. His nose itched of the stinking odor. Something then ran across his leg, Matthew sat up and scrambled to the wall. He looked on the dusty dirty ground, a rat had scurried across the floor. There were also other pests like cockroaches and spiders crawling around. Matthew shuddered and held Ian's shirt. His jeans were covered in gray and brown dust. "Hope you boys get a good night sleep." The guard said and threw a blanket to them. They closed and slammed the door.

Matthew sighed and cried out, "You idiots!!!" Matthew coughed and looked at the walls, some of them had blood, there were lines that represented how many days other occupants in the past had spent. A roach climbed up his arm, Matthew panicked and threw it on the ground. He was too creeped out to speak.

13. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Cell

Ian was thrown into the holding cell with a vengeance. Apparently the soldiers enjoyed throwing superior officers in the brig. Well, that is if you could call this a brig. Ian looked around. Sunlight was barely pouring in through a small window. Infestation was not even a word. More like...complete and absolute invasion.

Ian noticed Matthew struggle off the ground when a rat scampered over his leg. Roaches were crawling everywhere. The smell of urine and excrement stung his nostrils.

"Ugh! This place is somethin' awful, Matt. How long do we have to stay here again? A week?" Ian was trying to lighten the mood a little bit. He walked over to his superior and grabbed his upper arm.

"Come on. Screaming isn't gonna help anything. Come sit down with me." Ian pulled a little then let go of his arm. He proceeded to sit down on the wet ground. It wasn't any better then any other part of the room...but at least it didn't have any pests in the general area.

14. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Cell

Matthew winced as Ian helped him up off the ground. "God, it's my fault for bring you into this mess, Ian. I deserve to be alone here." Matthew started to become paranoid, mentioning things that were oddly exaggerated.

Matthew could hardly breathe, he used his arm to at least try to prevent smelling the horrible odor. Matthew sat down very close to Ian, something about this cell creeped him out. Was it the pests? The darkness? The atmosphere?

Someone tapped on the metal door, a soldier opened the small rectangular slot. "Hey you guys, eat up." The soldier said, carefully sliding a small silver tray of bread and a small packet of strawberry jam.

Matthew carefully walked through the pest-filled ground and grabbed the tray. He positioned himself on the sunlight and saw a clear blob on a peice of bread, around the blob was really sickening bubbles. Looked like the guard had spat on it.

Matthew looked away for a moment and cursed, the guard immediately shut the small slot and walked away laughing. Matthew was steaming with heat, to show off how angry he was he threw the tray to the wall. The tray shattered into a million peices, falling onto the ground, scaring the pests away.

"It'll take a miracle to get us out of this one." Matthew said through clenched teeth. He sat back down with Ian and looked at him. "Now what do you want to talk about? How stupid I am?" Matthew said bitterly.

15. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Cell

Ian sat on the ground near Matthew. He noticed that Matthew's face was red with anger from seeing the pathetic dish the guards had given them for food. Ian looked at the slop and made a twisted expression towards it.

"Yum. That looks so good. Set me up for some seconds!" Ian said as he was smiling sheepishly towards Matthew Rosetti. Ian scooted a little bit closer to Matthew to try and examine the food closer.

16. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Cell

Matthew smiled back, "You can't be serious, unless you want to lick the food off the floor, which you don't want to do." Matthew smiled and sat down close next to Ian. It was getting darker by the minute, sunset was approaching.

Then a chill came into the cell, Matthew found himself shivering, so he wrapped an arm around Ian. "It's getting cold." Matthew grabbed the blanket, which was covered in annoying pests. Matthew stood up and shook the blenket, kicking the pests away.

Matthew sat back down and covered his body with it, sharing the other half with Ian. But the blanket was short and had holes. Looks like he had to do what had to be done. He wanted to do it because Ian was the world to him.

Matthew grinned and gave more of the blanket towards Ian, of course it was uneven. But Matthew would sacrifice his life to save another, he would give anyone the safety they deserve. Matthew's arm and chest were exposed. The blanket covered Ian thoroughly. "You can have it. I can hold off the cold." Matthew smiled weakly as the cold slowly took over his body.

A few minutes later, Matthew was shivering nonstop. He could swear he could even see a fog form everytime he exhaled. Matthew's spinal cord began to weaken, he found himself slouching to the side, he was freezing. He fell over to the side, his face slamming against the wet mildew covered ground. Matthew groaned out and sat back up. He wanted to cry, but the intense cold prevented him from doing so.

Matthew leaned over towards Ian, he was desperate for heat. He wanted to be embraced. He wanted to feel safe. He leaned closer towards Ian, resting his head against Ian's arms, Ian held his head and warmed him up with each other's body heat.

Matthew closed his eyes and prayed in his mind, Please God help us. Help us get through this. Please... Matthew felt like dying.

17. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Cell

Ian was flattered when Matthew decided to give him the entire blanket. Although it wasn't much of a blanket, it was still something. Ian was warm. He wrapped himself tight and closed his eyes. Time seemed to fast-forward while Ian was wrapped in the warmth.

However, he noticed the Matthew had fallen over and was shivering without hesitation. Ian scooted a little towards Matthew. Ian felt horrible. He felt guilty. He noticed now that Matthew was scooting closer to Ian, trying to gain the warmth of another person.

Matthew laid a head on Ian's arms. His heart was racing now. He manuvered his left arm around Matthew and pulled him tight. He wrapped his right arm around Matthew's stomach. Ian pushed Matthew's head in between the space between his neck and shcoulder. Ian warmed Matthew with his body. He breathed warm air from his luns onto his superior. He threw the blanket over Matthew in hopes of it warming his body.

"Its ok, Matt. I'm here. You can sleep next to me for warmth. Do what you need to stay warm. I love you. Your my brother." Ian whispered into Matthew's ear. His lips almost touching Matt's in ear. He was hoping that he would hear this. To hear how much care and love was in his voice. He could feel Matthew beginning to warm. His body was not frigid anymore.

Ian looked to the ceiling of the cell. He sighed out. His breath fogged up above his head. Several seconds later it dissipated into a trillions of little particles.

Much like our lives...life is like a vapor or so the Bible says. But that doesn't mean one cannot enjoy life while we have it.

"Stay warm, my friend." Ian said as he heard Matthew slightly mumble. Ian pressed his own head against Matthew's.

18. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Cell

When Ian took Matthew in for warmth, he felt welcome. The warmth was relaxing and generous, Mathew felt more relaxed and calmer. Even though the place wasn't suitable for living or even sleeping, Matthew still held out. He had Ian. That's what matters. He couldn't even imagine himself here alone, he would die if that happened. He thanked God that Ian was with him, not in a bad way, but in a way where no one was seperated.

Matthew found himself in between Ian's legs for some reason, resting the back of his head in the space between Ian's neck and shoulder. Matthew sighed out and pulled the blanket up to cover them both, Matthew's back covered Ian's exposed chest. So both of them were warming each other in a way.

"T-T-Thank you, Ian. Thank you s-s-so much." Matthew shivered, his body trembling against Ian's. Matthew felt so relaxed at this moment, Ian's voice was so soothing. Matthew imagined them both in a happier place, not this disgusting cell.

Matthew heard and felt everything Ian had done, his full attention was at him nothing else. Matthew even forgot about the pests, they didn't seem to be a nuisance anymore. Suddenly coming echoing footsteps came forward, a guard knocked on the cell and opened the door.

They shone a flashlight at the ground, the pests were afraid by the flood of light and skittered away. Then the guards shone the light at Ian and Matthew, blanket covering them. "Oh..look what we have here. Getting frisky with each other I see, Ha." A guard said, grinning at the two. "Charming. Sleep tight guys." The guard said sarcastically and stepped back, he stumbled on the peices of the broken tray. He looked at his friends then back at Matthew and Ian, "Guess you didn't like the food. Well when you want more, talk to me because there's plenty of this." The guard hawked up some phlegm and spat on the ground. The guards laughed and locked the door on their way out.

Matthew shook his head, and continued to lay against Ian's warm body. "This will all be over soon. You're my brother too, the person I love as family." Matthew said almost in whisper. He weakly brought up his hand and squeezed Ian's hand tight. Matthew slowly turned his head to meet his eyes with Ian's. Matthew chuckled lightly and let go.

19. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Cell

Ian was snuggled comfortably behind Matthew. Their bodies were warm and safe. Nothing could seperate them now. Family didn't forsake each other. True family stuck to each other through thick and thin; not deserting each other at the first sign of trouble.

Like Nick...

But he had both Matthew and John in his life. They were more then enough family for Ian now. Forever. Ian sat in silence now. Their breathing was hypnotic. The exhalation of both men spilled the fog of breath.

The pests scattering across the room silenced. Only slight sounds of legs crawling across a dirty floor remained. Ian looked down at Matthew who apparently was sound asleep on Ian's shoulder. Ian ran his hands through Matthew's hair and made a quiet shushing noise with his mouth.

"Everything is fine. Be warm. Be safe, Matthew."

Ian let his hands fall. Matthew needed comfort more then anything right now. Apparently many things had occured throughout his life, much like Ian, yet he had put on a brave face. His insides no doubt were tearing from the hurt.

Matthew needed family. Matthew needed a friend. So did Ian. But now...they had both. Ian was only family now to Matthew and John. He understood why people made fun. He didn't like it but he understood. They didn't understand what war does to people.

It draws them closer. Lets them apreciate life. Lets them apreciate others more.

20. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Janus Hallucination
    Cell

Matthew slept peacefully against Ian, but his sleep was interrupted by a plague in his dream. A nightmare. It was Janus again, intruding his mind. "Why are you doing this..." Janus whispered inside Matthew's head. "Why are you doing this to me..." Janus said again.

Matthew shuffled around, trying to shake off the dream. "You took my brother away from me." Janus said, finally appearing as a vision, a dark black and purple cloud surrounded him. A cloud of sheer darkness.

Matthew woke up in a cold sweat, his body shaking against Ian's. "Ian!" Matthew yelled out, looking around the cell room. Something told Matthew to look at the corner of the room, and what he saw shocked him. A dark shadowy figure slumped over at the corner of the room. Only its breath was visible.

Matthew was stiff with fear, but he managed to shake Ian's leg with his hand. "Ian, look at that." Matthew pointed, eyes trying to get used to the darkness. The figure stepped forward, the darkness unveiling. It was Janus...wait...except he didn't have the albino features of Janus. It looked like Nick. It was Nick. He was dressed in tactical uniform, his facial features looked normal. He looked younger, but something about his eyes...revealed his inner self. Evil. But was this a trick? Fooling around with the mind?

"Is that who I think it is?" Matthew whispered to Ian. Nick smiled weakly and stepped forward, "Ian..." Nick looked at Matthew. "You stole my brother from me...you monster." Matthew shook his head in disbelief.
    ~TAG: Ian

21. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Cell

Ian was sleeping peacefully next to Matthew when he awoke screaming. Ian was startled out of his sleep and began to babble incoherently until he finally realized where and who he was.

"Wha? What? What is it? Matthew? What's going on?" Ian said as he felt Matthew's hand plastered against his thigh. Ian's eyes were open but he could hardly see anything. He was not adjusting too well to the darkness. It was hard to make out anything. The only thing he was sure of was Matthew's body next to his.

"Matt? What are you talking about? I don't see anything. I can't really see anything. What is it?" Ian said as he was rubbing his eyes harder. Apparently it must have been something important since his dead-like sleep had been interupted.

Ian widened his eyes further in an attempt to see whatever it was plaguing Matt.

22. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Nick Richards Hallucination (Seen by Ian and Matt)
    Cell

"You took my brother away from me!" Nick yelled, voice sounding so authentic it echoed in the cell. But oddly no guard had come to investigate the noise. Matthew felt scared now, he was gripping Ian's hand even tighter. "No. I didn't do anything. You did that to yourself." Matthew said, trying his best not to aggravate Nick. Or the vision of Nick, that seems more appropriate.

The clear vision of Nick started to clear up, oddly the light on the ceiling stopped flickering but only brightened, the whole room illuminated. "Ian...why did you do this to me? Replacing me with this...person. I'm your real brother, don't you care anymore?" Nick asked, walking closer, but keeping his distance.
    ~TAG: Ian

23. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Cell

Ian was still rubbing his eyes when he heard a distinctive voice echo throughout their confined cell. It was a voice that was unmistakeable. It rang with a firey hatred that he had never heard from anyone. Except someone. Someone now consumed with pure evil.

Nick.

Ian slowly lowered his hands from his eyes and stared at the fully redeemed form of Nick Richards. Although he wasn't redeemed, this was merely a trick. Something to throw everyone off track.

"Matthew didn't take anyone from anyone, Janus. You did that yourself. You turned and betrayed us all. You betrayed me. You are just as evil as Paxton Fettel. You made an oath to your country and to me. When you joined him...you broke both."

Ian stared down Janus while tightening his own grip on Matthew's hand. He could feel his heartbeat. It was fast and deep. Everyone was scared. The lights began to increase in brightness. Ian was worried that the bulb would eventually blow out from the power surging through it. Meanwhile, Nick's voice continued to boom.

TAG: Matthew, Janus

24. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Nick Richards Hallucination (Seen by Ian and Matt)
    Cell

Nick smiled and walked closer and crouched down in front of Matthew, with Ian right behind him. "No. You're wrong, brother. I did it for the good of us. F.E.A.R. is not going to survive. We have a battalion of Clones and an army sworn to follow our lead." Nick gently pushed Matthew away, showing no signs of belligerence.

Matthew didn't want to move, but he did anyways to avoid any conflict. Matthew sat next to Ian and looked at Nick. "It's life. Get used to it." Nick eyed his younger brother from the bottom up and locked eyes with him. Nick then slowly put the palm of his hand against Ian's chest. He could feel his heartbeat...thumping fast.

Nick smiled and said, "See you in hell." Suddenly Nick grabbed Ian's forehead, palms emmiting a blue electric energy. Ian started to convulse unnaturally. Matthew gasped and was frozen stiff with fear. "NO!!!" Matthew attempted to grab Nick's arm and push him away; Nick's skin was dead cold. Matthew stood up and tried to free Ian from his sick attack, but Nick somehow had superhuman strength and pushed Matthew away with a swift hit to his chest. Matthew passed out on the floor, the energy drained out of Ian.

Nick smiled and whispered, "Sleep well, little brother." Nick then walked through the wall and disappeared. Guards ran in and quickly opened the door. "What in the hell?" One of them commented. "What happened here?" They questioned each other before bringing in the medics and brought them to the infirmary.

25. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Captain Thomas Fuller
    Main Office

"There's movement." Captain Fuller compared two satellite pictures of the ATC Complex. The large frightening object moved around a bit, smaller dots the size of periods represented people. "I still want to know what that...thing is. But I won't risk sending men or aircraft in...All we can do is watch what they're doing. We can't strike now." The Captain said rubbing his chin, with his other hand to his side.

"What's the news on Command Sergeant Major Matthew Rosetti and First Sergeant Ian Richards?" The Captain asked. "They're in the infirmary, sir. Banged up by...something. Otherwise, they're fine." A fellow officer said. Captain Fuller sighed, "Well...they need a vacation...I mean...it's not necessarily a vacation...more like a break. Anyways, I'll call them in and apologize." The Captain said heading towards the intercom mic.

"Attention. May Command Sergeant Major Matthew Rosetti and First Sergeant Ian Richards please report to the main office? Time is of the essence, we have something important to announce." The Captain said in the mic.
    ~TAG: ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.