main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) "Is truth scarier than fiction?"

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LORDVIGILANCE, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    IC: Ian Richards
    Front Yard

Ian was about to doze off when he heard the familiar voice of his brother, Nick. No doubt another illusion from Paxton Fettel but it was still quite convincing. However, Ian still had his eyes closed when Nick began to walk closer. He opened his eyes and turned his head slightly when he saw Nick's arms opened wide.

Ian chuckled, "What do you want this time? Come to kill me?"

Ian was tired of Nick's constant harrassment. He had already assualted him at least twice since his turn to evil and Ian knew that that wasn't love.

He turned away from Nick and closed his eyes again. He tightened the lace between his fingers. He wanted to be alone now but he could still feel Nick's aura next to him. Ian let out a sigh then rose up to face the halluciantion. Ian stared down the figure of his brother. He scooted closer a little across the lawn.

He could feel the cool...cold figure of Nick come to embrace him. Ian cringed when the cold arms wrapped around him.

TAG: Nick

OOC: Edited

2. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: If I can say so, try to open up to Nick. Besides, nothing bad is going to happen anyway. I don't have time to go on AIM and stuff, I will later.

3. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Thank you. I'll try to come on AIM when I have the time. Sorry.

IC: Nick Richards Hallucination
    Front Yard

"No. Why would I do that? That's not right." Nick said and smiled nervously as he saw his brother scoot closer towards him. Nick then embraced Ian, his arms wrapped around his brother's shoulders. After a few peaceful minutes, Nick let go. "I'm sorry...for everything. I may not always be your best friend...your role model...but I will always be your brother. A brother that loves." Nick said in a calm slow soothing tone.
    ~TAG: Ian

4. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Front Yard

"Sure, Nick. I believe you. You may be blood but I don't want to consider you my brother anymore." Ian looked down for a moment embarrassed. He didn't feel comfortable anymore. The wind was blowing a little harder now. The smell of grass and flowers was intoxicating.

"Nick...why? Why did you do it?" Ian just broke down and kneeled infront of his former brother. Ian looked up to his brother with tears in his eyes.

5. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Front yard

An unmistakenable frown appeared on Nick's face, his eyes started to swell and tear up. Ian could also see that Nick's hands were trembling as they cupped themselves on Ian's shoulders. Nick slowly touched Ian's face, rubbing the back of his hand on his brother's cheek.

Nick sighed and looked away, afraid of his own brother, ashamed. "I was stupid at that time...I was too selfish. I'm sorry, I failed my job to protect you." Nick kneeled down and held both of Ian's hands, he looked deep into his brother's eyes. "I can't be brought back, can't I? It's too late for me. It's always too late." Nick said as his face leaned in closer towards Ian's, just inches away, the smell of fresh flowers and the air was relaxing.

6. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Front Yard

Ian was nearly crying. He refused to look his brother directly in the eyes. He was too sad. He was too hurt by what his brother had done to him...to his country.

"How could you have forsaken me? You deserted me. You deserted our family!" Ian said in a barely audible whsiper. A tear fell onto the grass.

Hands were trembling all around. Eyes were watering. The wind was blowing haid around in a twisted mess. Cars passed by as they went along their way.

"Please? Why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep coming to me?" Ian was yelling at the ground now. He refused to look at Nick in the eyes. This was not his brother.

7. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Nick Richards Hallucination
    Bedroom / Front Yard

Matthew sat up on his bed, still unable to go to sleep. He decided to look out the window to see if his mom had arrived, but no one yet. He noticed someone kneeling on the ground...Ian. "Ian? What is he doing out there?" Matthew said carefully pulling down the horizontal metal shades. He saw Ian appearing to be looking down, as if he was admiring the beautiful plants.

Matthew ignored it, but an uneasy feeling developed deep in his gut. He laid back in bed and turned on the T.V...thankfully there was no interruption.

~

Back on the Front Yard, Nick held his brother close and forced him to look deep at each other's eyes. "Ian...please. Don't do this. I still have feelings for you. I love you. You love me...right? Don't we?" Nick said, his voice shaking as he gently ran his hand through his brother's hair.

8. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Front Lawn

Ian began to cry hard now. He didn't want to look at his brother but he was being forced to. His eyes still looked the same as they had when he had looked at them last. There was still a trace of his cologne that stung Ian's nostrils.

This was Nick. Although it was just an illusion. This wasn't real.

"I love Nick Richards. The real Nick Richards. You are not him. You are an illusion. A simple facade." Ian said as he felt a tear fall down his cheek. The words hurt him as he spoke them but it was true. This...figure was not the Nick Richards he had know as his brother...who he had loved as his brother.

9. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Just give me a few minutes, I'm still being bugged by my mom. Sorry.

Front Yard

Nick tried to comofort his brother as much as possible, but nothing seemed to work. "Do you want to meet me in person? I can arrange something. Meet me at the...Riverside Park tomorrow at 9 in the morning. All right? I promise nothing more. No tricks. Nothing. I swear. I swear on my life." Nick said holding as he still held Ian close to him.

"Remember that. Bring Matthew with you if you want, but I suggest this to be just between you and me. This is personal issues." Nick said with a faint smile. "Everything will be all right, Ian." Nick tried to reassure.

10. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Front Lawn

Ian wanted to end his existence then and there. He didn't want to put up with anymore of Nick's betrayal. He betrayed them once already. Why must he do so again? There were a very tense moments when Nick was holding Ian tight in his arms.

Tears were falling.

Ian sighed out. He had always been a sotfy at heart. This facade of Nick Richards had asked to meet with him at Riverside Park. No tricks. No anything. One would be crazy not to be skeptical however, Ian was intrigued with Nick's offer.

Maybe he is remorseful? Maybe he wants to come back?...No! Don't let yourself do this! He betrayed you! Remember that.

"Alright, Nick. I'll meet you. No tricks this time. Alright? The only reason I am doing this is because we once shared a life together. We shared blood. That. Is. All." Ian said with a tone so serious it would have stopped a bullet.

11. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Front Yard

Nick smiled faintly when he heard his brother accepted, "Thank you." Nick buried his head into Ian's shoulder and kissed his neck. "You don't have to worry. There is nothing to be afraid of." Nick said again and raised Ian up.

Nick wipred his brother's tears with the tips of his fingers, his hands slid down his arms and back into his hands. "Remember, I'm always watching. Me. Big brother." Nick grinned and stepped back. "Goodbye..." Nick's voice started to echo and soften.

12. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005
    Front Lawn

Ian watched as the figure of his brother shimmered into oblivion. Ian's eyes began to tear as the face of Nick disapeared as well. That would be the last time he would see the face of his brother in its pure form. The next time he would see him...it would be as Janus.

"Goodbye, Nick." Ian whispered into the air.

He stood still for a moment longer then kneeled down fast and began to cry into his palms.

TAG: Matthew

13. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Matthew Rosetti / Christina Rosetti
    Front Yard

The image of the past Nick Richards continued to step back, giving his last wave and smile at his brother. Then by completely turning around, Nick's image slowly disappeared as black ashes began to drift away in the wind.

Then minutes later a gray sedan passed and slowed down the street and went up the driveway. Christina was back. She parked the car outside the house and quickly went out. She didn't even notice Ian, but she heard the slight whimpers and sobs. She turned and saw Ian with the palms of his hands covering his face. "Ian? What are you doing out here?" Christinas asked.

"It's getting dark. You should be inside. I can fix up dinner, do you want anything...hon?" Christina said in a loving soothing toned voice. She was carrying a bag, with the tops of folders sticking out. "Oh and some good news -" Christina was interrupted by Matthew's voice.

"Mom!" Matthew yelled out as he opened the front door, he ran towards him and Ian. "What's up?" Matthew asked, his mom smiled. "I finished off the paperwork, you have a brother now. Ian Richards...you are part of the family...You are now Ian Rosetti. Come here. Family hug." Christina said with slight tears and opened her arms out to embrace both Ian and Matthew.

This was the happiest moment in everyone's life. But Christina was still depressed about her husband's mysterious disappearance. But over the years, she got over it. She tried so much to never think and focus on the past. The sun was setting quite beautifully, the stars were starting to be seen. Christina kissed Ian's cheek and led the boys to the house porch. "Matthew, why don't you take your new brother around in your car?" Matthew's eyes widened. "My car! You still have it? I never knew you still kept it!" Christina laughed, "Yeah of course. I know how much that car means to you."

Matthew grinned. "Unfortunately I have work tomorrow, I'll be back in the afternoon. You guys can just...how do people say it these days...chill out? Is that how they say it." Christina smiled nervously. Matthew chuckled, "Yeah. Not bad. Ian, I want to show you my car!" Matthew brought his hand up on his brother's shoulder.

14. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

IC: Ian Rosetti
    Front Lawn

Ian was still weeping into his palms when he heard Christina Rosetti's car pull into the driveway. He quickly wiped his eyes and sniffed to help remove any traces of his depressed feelings. Ian rose from his kneeled stance in the yard and rose to meet Matthew's mother.

"I..uh..nothing. I was just getting some fresh air. Didn't help though." Ian said with a slight grin.

Christina was mentioning something about good news before Matthew rushed out of the house to greet her. However, she continued and finally revealed her good news. Ian was now apart of the family. He was a Rosetti.

Ian's heart swelled and he rushed to embrace his new mother...well the only mother he had ever known. He held her tight. The light smell of lavender filled his nostrils as her hair blew against his face. Matthew joined in a moment later and they all stayed tight.

A family.

This kiss from his mother was light and filled with love. Ian began to sob lightly against his mother's shoulders.

"I love you...mom. I love you Matthew." Ian said in a slight whisper. They all broke the embrace a few moments later and walked to the porch. His mother began to speak of Matthew's old car, when Matt asked Ian to join him...he couldn't refuse.

"Sure, Matt. I'd love to."

TAG: Matthew, Christina

15. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Matthew Rosetti's car.

IC: Matthew Rosetti
    Garage

Matthew quickly went in the house, Christina followed but immediately went upstairs. The two brothers stopped at the door leading to the garage, "You will be impressed. I have good sense of taste." Matthew grinned and twisted the door knob and went in. He switched on the lights and looked around.

The garage had nothing but peices of equipment and storage boxes everywhere. But there was Matthew' car, under a protective cover. Matthew smiled and slowly walked towards it, "Here we go." Matthew said as he lifted the cover off the car. He was impressed. The car literally gleamed from the light. "Wow..." Matthew said, his eyes sparkling. "What do you think...brother?" Matthew said, pressing the palm of his hand on the hood of the car.

16. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Garage

Ian watched as Matthew playfully pulled the cover off of his vehicle. A layer of dust flew into the air and tickled Ian's nose. He sneezed and coughed a little while Matthew admired and practically drooled over his car.

The gleaming lines were smoothed across the vehicle. The car was beautiful. No wonder why Matthew loved this piece of machinery so much. The designs plastered across the hood and the large tail-fin near the rear only helped make the car a marvel.

"Nice. Very nice, Matt." Ian said as he wiped a hand across the roof, "Very nice indeed, big brother. No wonder mom kept it." Ian said as he smiled wickedly at Matthew.

17. alpha_red_83

alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2005
    OOC: I'll be taking over for JediCouncilMaster, he...got himself into trouble again. Just like always...

Garage

"I used to take this baby out streetracing with my friends, and yeah the cops got involved. But we evaded them." Matthew smiled and crumpled the cloth car cover into a ball and placed it on the worktable desk.

"Well, I'm going to go inside. I'm getting tired. You might as well go to sleep too if you want to prepare for the big day tomorrow." Matthew said as he smiled at his brother and exited the garage.

Matthew went up the stairs and went into his room, he literally collapsed on his bed. But minutes later he fixed himself under the blankets and relaxed. Hopefully Ian did the same thing.

18. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Bedroom

Ian had just finished changing into a white tank top and a pair of sleep pants when he crawled underneath the sheets. They were warm and soft. It was as if these sheets...this bed had always been waiting for him.

"Home. Its finally here...and its just like I had dreamed of." Ian said into the lavender graced pillow. Everything in the house smelled of the sweet scent. Well, except Matthew's room. It smelled of something completely different.

Ian snuggled up and brought his knees close to his chest as he lay on his side. He closed his eyes and fell into a soft dream-like state. Tomorrow would be better. Tomorrow would be perfect.

"Or will it..."

TAG: No one

19. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Paxton Fettel / Janus / Axle
    ATC Complex

Paxton Fettel and a small group of scientists dressed in white, conversed quietly amongst themselves. Janus was in one of private offices thinking about the next day, he was alone in a room staring blankly at the white wall. He was sitting down when something came over his mind. He decided to take another look at the small photograph of him and his brother, like always.

He smiled and gently brushed the tip of his index finger onto the surface of the photo. A tear slid down his face, Janus sniffled and wiped his runny nose with his sleeve. He still pondered and thought about things in the past.

Axle arrived into the large room Paxton and the scientists were in and waited patiently. Then groups of armed Clone-SuperSoldier Replicants came marching into the room. They saluted respectfully. "Still no sign of Alma?" Paxton asked the lead soldier. "Nothing yet, sir. The Vault seems to be locked down, we're trying our best to fix and decode the security systems." Paxton frowned, rubbing his chin as the facial expression appeared on his face.

"Keep working on opening that door. Have you tried anything else?" The soldier casually brought his weapon down, the stock hitting the ground. "Explosives. Ramming bars. Fire. Bullets. Nothing would work." The soldier said. Paxton waved them away.

The scientists continued to chatter, holding clipboards in their hands. The soldiers' footsteps slowly silenced as they walked away. "So how is the AT-HAAW doing. What does it stand for again?" Paxton asked dumbfounded.

A scientist respectfully handed Paxton a clipboard. Paxton nodded in surprise. "All Terrain-Heavily Armored Attack Walker. Sounds intimidating." Paxton traced his finger around the edge of the walker's picture. "Looks a lot like a scorpion and a spider. It has the front claws. The tail that shoots a powerful laser beam at any target, the only drawback is that it fires every five minutes." Paxton said.

"Axle." Paxton called out. "Yes, boss?" Axle quickly went to his superior. "This walker is just a prototype. It's located in our secret base in the Pacific Ocean, just off the coast of Hawaii. I mean, it's secluded, and plus it wouldn't attact attention." Paxton explained. "Besides, it's an uncharted island. It's large enough to start our plans. But it's a good thing, I've thought of this earlier. The base is already finished and ready. The geographical features ranges from damp wet Tropical rain-forests, low running fields, high mountainous elevations, even snow and rain. I mean, it's the best place." Paxton smiled.

A scientist politely interupted Paxton, "Sir. Take a look at the AT-HAAW's demonstration." The scientist commanded another to press a button on the wall. As he did, the large window panes slid across, it showed a large outside environment. The Scorpion looking walker stood still and frightening, ramps surrounded every side of it. People walked back and forth, testing the behemoth.

Then an alarm rang to alert others that the demonstration was going to start. Moments later, the Scorpion started to move, it's legs rising and slamming on the ground. The claws moved around a bit, clamping and snapping nothing but air. Awkwardly, the walker tipped on its side to test its maneuverablity. Targets appeared on the ceiling and wall, a tank on a sliding floor then appeared. The Scorpion's built in armor and weapons were reinforced, laser beams from the walker's mouth fired, exploding as they hit the targets with dire accuracy.

Rocket and missle launchers from the Scorpion's spinnaret's fired and headed towards more air and land targets. A hole appeared on the ground and a tall metal column stood in the middle of the demonstration field. The Scorpion's right claw pulled back and slammed into the structure, breaking it instantaneously. Another appeared on the opposite side, this time the Scorpion used it's claws and clamed the structure, a mechanical whine sounded as it crushed the structure with ease.

The Scorpion then walked at a

20. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    Home

Matthew was awoken by the bright golden sun peering through the blinds. The disturbed young man shielded his eyes as he felt the room started to get hot. He sat up and scratched his back and neck, then ran his hands through his hair. "Another day..." Matthew mumbled as he got himself off the bed and headed towards the bathroom in the hall.

Few minutes later after his shower he wraps a towel around his waist and goes back into his room. He now finds some decent clothes to wear today. He picks out a nice loose long sleeved buttoned polo shirt with mainly dark blue colors and light blue small stripes lining it. After fitting it on, he slowly but progressivly buttons on the polo shirt, he leaves the top neck part loose, including the long sleeve ones. Instead he unbuttons the sleeve and pulls it up just behind his elbows. He then goes to his dresser finds some boxers and some rather tight blue jeans to wear. He slides on a belt and buckles it.

He walks over to the sink and brushes his teeth. He gargles some minty mouthwash and cleans his face with some anti-bacterial soap. He looks at the mirror and frowns seeing his perfered hairstyle worn down as from last night's episode...He then applies some light gel to his hair and stylesd it attractively, with his hair rised up as usual. He sprayed on some cologne and clicked his tongue and winks to himself at the mirror.

"Who's the most handsome guy out here?" Matthew says to the image in the mirror. Suddenly the T.V comes on...Matthew turns around baffled. Just after Matthew said that rather funny line, a man in the T.V said, "You are!" Matthew wandered over and saw a man smiling way too exaggeratedly and points at the audience. Advertisers...Matthew scoffs and shuts it off, "My bad. I set the alarm one hour late." Matthew curses and switches off the T.V.

Matthew walks casually down the hallway and goes down the stairs. He hears a conversation, "...I'm gonna be going to work. Eat up, Ian. If you ever need anything just ask Matthew..." Matthew glances at the pictures hanging on the wall by the stairs. He smiles and looks around seeing his mom slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Oh and here, Ian. I bought a cell phone for you last night. Don't ask. Just use." Christina smiled and walked over to her new son. Ian was sitting down on the table chowing down on some breakfast. The house smelt of freshly roasted coffee and mixed flowers.

"Bye, hon." Christina said as she kissed the top of Ian's head. Matthew walked into the dining room and greeted, "Good morning everyone. Mom..Ian. Hi." Matthew smiled and watched as his mom came over. "Oh..Matthew. I'll be leaving. I'm gonna be late. Bye, guys. Love you." Christina said as she took the keys from the counter and left the house in a hurry.

Matthew smiled and poured himself some coffee. He took the mug and walked over to the table and sat across Ian. Matthew grabbed a stack of plates and took some eggs and bacon, then sausages and toast. "So...Ian. How are you? Are you ok from...last night?" Matthew winked, he stabbed the fork into the sausage and took a bite out of the fresh maple tasty meat. "What do you want to do today? Want to go to my friends house? Meet some chicks at the mall. Anything you want. Get drunk? Make the Cops mad?" Matthew chuckled.

21. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Home

Ian woke up to the birds outside chirping and the sounds of friendly neighbors mowing their lawns. He smiled a little as he stretched his arms wide and full. The muscles in his arms and chest flexed as rose from bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Another day..." Ian said as he turned on the faucet to the shower. A few seconds later the water was warm and steamy. The fog filled the room and stuck appropriately onto the mirror.

Barely able to cover his waist, Ian tried to wrap the small towel around to at least make an attempt at covering himself. [i]Nope.[/i] There were still vital area's that needed to be covered...that couldn't. But thankfully Ian's room was loacted right across the hallway from the bathroom. He slipped in and started to dress.

Ian pulled out a nice green polo shirt and an orange undershhirt to complement it. Then after a moment of slipping it on and adjusting it. Ian pulled out a pair of white boxer-briefs and slid them on as well his worn down jeans.

"There...we...go!" Ian playfully said as he slid the jeans on. He looked into his bedroom mirror and noticed that his hair was a bit ruffled. It looked good. Ian decided to leave his hair alone and let it dry on its on accord.

Ian opened the door to his room and was immediately greeted with the smell of eggs, sausage, and toast. It smelled delicious as Ian approached further. He could see his mother setting tout the necesary condiments.

"Morning, Mom!" Ian said as he saw Christina raise her head and acknowledge. Meanwhile, Ian grabbed a plate and filled it with the mouth-watering foods prepared for him.

"Yummy."

Ian sat eating when Christina was just about to leave for work, "Ok, Mom. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast." Ian was just about to take a bite of toast when his mother handed him a cell-phone. SHe explained the reasons for and Ian humbly acknowledged, "Jeez. Thanks, mom. I love you. Have a good day at work."

Matthew then appeared from the corner of his eye and after their mother left he gathered some food and sat across from Ian. He stared his brother down and smiled. When Matthew had asked about last night, Ian had only replied with, "Only if your ok." Ian wasn't sure quite what Matthew was talking about yet he nodded and agreed anyway.

"Lets go to the mall." Ian said as his eyes shone with excitement.

[b]TAG: Matthew[/b][/blockquote]

22. alpha_red_83

Aug 2, 2005
    Home

Matthew continued to eat the rather delicious hearty breakfast, he then smiled when he saw the joy on his brother's face eager to go to the mall. "All right. Anything you want." Matthew smiled as he wiped his lips with a napkin. After a few minuntes, Matthew cleaned up the table and placed the leftovers in the refridgerator.

"Let's go. You ready?" Matthew grinned as he snatched his car keys from the kitchen counter and twirled the ring around his finger playfully. Ian followed closely behind as they headed into the garage. There was the car again, it glowed right there just waiting to be taken out to the streets.

Matthew entered the driver's seat, the 'new car' smell still hung in there. Ian sat beside Matthew in the passenger side and adored the eye catching beauty of the interior. Matthew turned on the radio to almost full blast, but he turned it down moments later, hip-hop blared in the car.

Matthew reversed out of the garage and sped down the streets into the city.

23. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

Matthew's Sweet Ride :p

Ian inhaled the car's heavenly scent. He could feel the interior clinging to his body. It was a perfect ride that clearly showed it. Ian could hardly feel the bumps in the road as the car glided smoothly over the paved streets.

"Matthew..this car is perfect. How did mom after let you keep this?" Ian asked as he moved his head to the radio. He managed to look over at Matthew who was doing the same.

Ian saw many people walking and talking on the sidewalks. Some young men were running around some old man's yard...clearly aggrevating him.

24. LORDVIGILANCE

Jun 11, 2005

OOC: TheCrypticOne, can you take over for the time being? We still need to keep this on track. I'd rather not see this get pushed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.