F.F.D.A. Headquarters- Fans For Dead Anakin!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by xie, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. xie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yo!

So how many of you guys out there want to be members of this fine club, starting by xie? How many of you want to see Anakin stay dead?! Let's hear about it!

XIE

I think that this is a little too close to being a Haters club. Given that we shut down the Haters clubs, this belongs locked too.

And no flaming, please.
  2. Shadoloo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I once had a club with this exact name, but the mods closed it (and then I made another which was a total flop)
  3. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Already existed. Already locked.
  4. Jedi_Kitten Jedi Knight

Is ther anyone alive out there?
  5. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *cheers*

Indeed :D RESPECT Anakin's death!
  6. stevo Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree-- Anakin had to die.
  7. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread isn't going to go very far. FADA already has many members, and ANAKIN SHOULD HAVE NEVER DIED!!!
  8. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    This thread isn't going to go very far. FADA already has many members, and ANAKIN SHOULD HAVE NEVER DIED!!!

FADA didn't have many members to begin with. If you recall, it was just like two or three people talking about how 'mean' it was to kill Anakin, that he was 'special'. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! I'm all for his death. It was a true tragedy. Anyone who disagrees. Good, it'd be boring if you changed your opinion for our benefit. :p
  9. flying_fishi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and ANAKIN SHOULD HAVE NEVER DIED!!!

Key word - SHOULD. He's dead, and all of your incessant whining will not make any difference [face_devil]
  10. Jansens_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think it was good for him to die. Don't get me wrong, I loved that little squirt, but in the continuation of the story, he had to become a martyr.

His death helped give the Vong threat legitimacy. People die in war, that's a truth. When Chewie died, it was a shock. But as time went on, it looked more and more like a one-trick pony. Nobody saw another death coming, and it made the Vong a force to fear.

I have heard people say that the way the NJO is depicted is cruel and too descriptive. What? It gives so little detail, I can't see how anybody would get the least bit squemish. You want life like, watch Saving Private Ryan. That's life like, the NJO isn't.

I've also heard whining about how they're hurting little kids in the books. I don't think this is true. All of those who went with the Strike Team were all teenagers who knew the risks involved and accepted them. They were viewed as consenting young adults who decided to take the fight to the Vong. It's not like it hasn't happened before in SW. Look at Luke and Leia. Leia is 18 when she is tortured on the DS, and Luke's boyhood friend Biggs is killed at the battle of Yavin. Then, a few years later, Luke has his hand chopped off.

And anyway, kids die in war, that's another truth. To pretend it doesn't is to soil the memory of all who have died, both in the NJO and in real life.

I may sometimes wish that it had been Jacen who had died instead of Anakin, but that's not what happened. Anakin Solo sacrificed himself over Myrkyr, and people just need to accept that.
  11. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i wish Anakin hadn't died, but, now, it's made the story line better. it made the Vong threat seem a bit more real. i mean, who could have believed that Anakin was going to be killed off? and while i do think that it was cruel to have Tahiri and Anakin's relationship start right before he died, well, it made the war seem more real.

and yes, i kind of did wish that Jacen had died instead of Anakin, because he had been all whiny, but i think that this helps the story along, because he's Jaina's twin and you know how the Vong are about twins. if Jacen had died, the whole twin thing would have gone down the drain.
  12. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Jacen is much better in Traitor than in the other books. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but still, you can see the difference within the first two chapters. And the prologue.
  13. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i have yet to read Traitor! :_| :(
  14. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    XIE i would watch out if i were you. this topic has been tryed before and locked

AXL.
  15. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    This is considered a parody thread.

AXL.
  17. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you think that anikans death was better for the story? Well, I heard that he's coming back.
  19. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Let's let the poor boy rest in peace already. Its been almost a year now. Lets try and move on, m'kay ?
  20. Jedi_Samwise_Gamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    you have a point, of course, I'm against Anikans death.
  21. Jansens_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I heard that he's coming back.

I he does, and they don't have a perfect, air-tight, and believable way of doing it, I'm done with that series.

He'll be like James Tiberius Kirk. He died in ST:G, but then he was brought back to life in a book (written by William Shatner). Then he dies again, only to be brought back.

I've never really liked when purists say that the EU is like ST, but If Anakin comes back, I'll have to agree with them.
  22. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    "Back by popular demand, Anakin Solo, everybody! So what was it like to be dead?"

"Cold, and hot, hot when they burned my body to cinders. But now I forgive them."

"So now that you're back, what are your plans?"

"I plan to ruin the NJO series! After those bastages at Del Rey had me killed, I got pretty annoyed. So in turn I'll ruin their long hard work by destroying everything. That death move was not my idea, it was theirs, career assassination I tell ya!"

"Whoa-ho there Anakin, I've been there, and done that. Luckily for me, I sold my soul and integrity to Foxnews. So it works."

more to come!
  23. Jansens_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. PiggyFan Jedi Padawan

the difference between Trek Novels and SW: EU is that no one reads Trek novels. ST has five TV series and ten movies to carry on the storyline. SW only has books and comic books (albiet a @^$%load of them.) But back to the topic at hand, I, too, think it helped the series greatly. I liked anakin, but he HAD to die.

And this is NOT a parody thread. This is a serious topic, and the other side of the debate should have a chance to speak.
  25. Shadoloo Jedi Knight

star 2
    My original FFDA thread was locked because they said it was too close in name to FADA.

I think the mods are biased and didn't like opposition to their beloved Anakin
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.