main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

F.F.D.A. Headquarters- Fans For Dead Anakin!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by xie, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I doubt they have it out for us. I mean, we do have a right to do this under the First Amendment after all.

Anyway, we don't bash them, they don't bash us. That simple.

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Actually, most of the mods I know were all for Anakin's death.

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I doubt they have it out for us. I mean, we do have a right to do this under the First Amendment after all.

Anyway, we don't bash them, they don't bash us. That simple.

The JC is not a democracy. Despite what some would like.

And this is NOT a parody thread. This is a serious topic, and the other side of the debate should have a chance to speak.

You're kidding me, right? Discussing a fictional character is NOT in any shape or form a 'serious' topic. Only people make this topic a 'serious' topic. BTW, from your comments, I'd say you're an Anakin fan? Maybe?

FFDA is a good thing. If they can bemoan Anakin's death, then we can bemoan bringing him back.

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    F_I_D

Listen, I agree with making the FFDA, but to attack the FADA on it's own HQ board is just madness.

Please, end this if you don't want a flame war.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    F_I_D

Listen, I agree with making the FFDA, but to attack the FADA on it's own HQ board is just madness.

Please, end this if you don't want a flame war.

Uhh...you're kidding, right? I'm not even the thread's creator. Also, this is a rival thread. And the EUC is in no way FADA's 'HQ'. FADA's HQ is their thread. A flame war? LOL!!!! You're pretty funny.

6. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Innle_of_Obernewtyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2002
    INDEED HE IS, HENCE THE NAME "JANSON'S_FUNNY_TWIN". WE DIDN'T COME IN HERE AND START BASHING YOU, SO WHY DO THAT TO US?
    Way to go JFT.

7. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    INDEED HE IS, HENCE THE NAME "JANSON'S_FUNNY_TWIN". WE DIDN'T COME IN HERE AND START BASHING YOU, SO WHY DO THAT TO US?

I wasn't bashing you, I was letting you know how things worked since obviously some don't get the idea that these are public forums. Also, I'd like you to know the difference between a bash and non-bashing, these are examples mind you.

ex. Bash: You suck
    Non-bash: You don't understand the rules. These are public forums. Emphasis on the word public.

8. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    You had the same idea I did I_O_O.

Didn't come in here to flame you, but stop coming to FADA just to hurt our feeling. I, for one, am still very sensitive about the 'death'. Yes i put the 'death'. Why am I sensitive? Well take your fave character and then burn him. Do that and then you'll know how it feels.

this was supposed to be before the post in front of this one.

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Didn't come in here to flame you, but stop coming to FADA just to hurt our feeling. I, for one, am still very sensitive about the 'death'. Yes i put the 'death'. Why am I sensitive? Well take your fave character and then burn him. Do that and then you'll know how it feels.

You are aware that Star Wars is fake, right? It's F-I-C-T-I-O-N-A-L. I don't intend to hurt feelings. I was replying to the guy's question then you all got uppedy about it(like FADA ALWAYS does). Also, it's been almost a year. And hey, at least your fave died honorably. Chewie(my fave char) didn't. He was crushed by a moon, so who's death is more pathetic? I'd also like you to know that while I mourned the loss of a great character, I didn't let that one death influence my opinion of the NJO.

10. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    You are aware that Star Wars is fake, right

Yeah no ****.

But I liked Chewie too and who in the hell did Chewie die to save? That's right. Anakin. Anakin dying destroys Chewie's point of dying.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Not really....oh, and you best edit your post. Before a mod does it for ya.

I think his death was to show the futility of war. Not to make chewie's death meaningless. I can't quite imagine some editor going "Hey, let's kill Anakin Solo, that way we nullify Chewbacca's death! AH-HAHAHAHA!! I'm so evil!"

12. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Now now, this isn't a flame war. Everyone has their opinion. I started this thread because I don't believe that Anakin should come back in the NJO.

I didn't start this thread to make it seem like your opinions were wrong. If F_I_D has a problem, that is not the opinion of this thread.

13. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Yeah I know the real topic and I respect your opinion but you don't expect that FID can go over to FADA and flame us all.

And yes I editied my last post because it came out on instinct. And accident. I apologize for that.

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Correct, and I don't have a problem. Well, one gripe. FADA being the way it is toward dissenters.

15. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    If I knew what the word 'dissenters' was I would respond but I don't. How are they acting and I'll try to respond the best I can.

16. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Does rude fit? Yeah, rude. :D Tis goes both ways. That and they weren't really representing both sides of the argument.

Yeah I know the real topic and I respect your opinion but you don't expect that FID can go over to FADA and flame us all.

I don't think what I've been saying is flaming. Considering it isn't directed toward anyone in particular. To constitute as a flame it has to be vulgar, and directed at somebody. In this case there's been no such thing. Unless calling me immature counts as a flame.

17. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    That's because they don't really want to. It's contradricting yourself. If I say I want Anakin to come back I do want him to come back. That doesn't mean I want him to be dead. It's not that hard to understand. They want Anakin to come back and yes they do realize that Anakin wouldn't just go *poof* like on I dream of Jeannie and appear. We all want him to come back and would appreaciate it if you wouldn't go over there and make fun of us. That's why the thread is called Fans Against Dead Anakins.

18. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    That's because they don't really want to. It's contradricting yourself. If I say I want Anakin to come back I do want him to come back. That doesn't mean I want him to be dead. It's not that hard to understand. They want Anakin to come back and yes they do realize that Anakin wouldn't just go *poof* like on I dream of Jeannie and appear. We all want him to come back and would appreaciate it if you wouldn't go over there and make fun of us. That's why the thread is called Fans Against Dead Anakins.

Yes, yes, but that's before we had a voice, this time my intent wasn't malicious. Though your members are malicious and a bad lot here on the JC. Oh and they don't understand the concept of public forums. :D

19. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Jun 11, 2002
    Dissenters: Basically, people who don't agree with the status quo.
    FID, I have two things to say to you: One- I KNOW VERY WELL THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM! I believe that you have a right to your opinion, even if it p*sses me off, and I have a right to mine. So why come over to FADA and belittle my opinion? And Two- Insanus omnis furere credit ceteros. Never heard that? It is latin. If you don't know what it means, well I ain't tellin', so go buy a english to latin dictionary or ask someone who has one.

20. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Why am I even wasting my time here?

We are not a mean lot, we (well, at least I) just get rowdy when someone comes over to shove it in our faces that our fave character is dead. You use big words but I know what that M word meant 8-} .

Bye. That's all I have to say. I respect your opinion and are free to have one. MTFBWY.

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Dissenters: Basically, people who don't agree with the status quo.
    FID, I have two things to say to you: One- I KNOW VERY WELL THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM!

Act like it then.

And Two- Insanus omnis furere credit ceteros. Never heard that? It is latin. If you don't know what it means, well I ain't tellin', so go buy a english to latin dictionary or ask someone who has one.

mmm......taunting......ohh well, don't know, don't care. I personally have no wish to study a dead language.

Why am I even wasting my time here?

Because it's oh so fun! Wait...no..

We are not a mean lot, we (well, at least I) just get rowdy when someone comes over to shove it in our faces that our fave character is dead. You use big words but I know what that M word meant.

Well that's good you're not like your cohorts. Teach them tolerence. And I don't shove it in your faces. Just merely show you my take on things.

Bye. That's all I have to say. I respect your opinion and are free to have one. MTFBWY.

See ya.

22. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    One more thing before I go.

Innle_of_Obernewtyn (sorry if I spelt it wrong) I have to say that your latin thing was hillarious [face_laugh]. I need a dictionary.

Now I can say bye.

23. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    F_I_D, Insanus omnis furere credit ceteros means:

Every madman thinks all other men are mad.

24. Innle_of_Obernewtyn

Jun 11, 2002
    I'd just like to apologize for getting out of line. Sorry about the insult, it was inexcusable. I get a little angry sometimes. You have your opinion, I have mine, let's leave it at that.
    Nichos_Marr- Your translation says "every madman thinks all others mad"? Mine replaces "mad" with "insane"!

25. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Not insane, nor mad! Just logical. :D Oh, and apology accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.