main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

F.F.D.A Headquarters - Fans For Dead Anakin

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by NikeSkylark, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    long live dead anakin!!!

this is home for us anakin fans who would rather see him stay dead then to be brought back to life and ruin everything his death stood for

~Ñ¡Kë, Ðå®K LåÐÿ Ø? ?Hë §¡?H~

Leave it locked. I will continue locking these threads as I see them, and if I have to lock many more, I'll start handing out bans rather than warnings.

2. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll sign up, if it stays open for any real length of time that is.

3. NikeSkylark

Jan 20, 2002
    if it gets shut down i'll just put it back up again. there can't be FADA without FFDA, doesn't work that way. either we both should stay up or neither. it isn't fair to the other if only one is shut down

4. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I concur.

I'll just repost what I said in another thread.

I'm not Pro-Anakin dying so much as I'm Pro-Him-Staying-Dead.

I think to bring him back would cheapen his sacrifice. One of the things that made Anakin so great in my mind is his sacrifice, and to reverse that would make him nothing IMO.

I like Anakin's character too much to have him destroyed.

I just figure that he's a martyr. If he comes back, he's just another hero in a galaxy of heros. Sure, he'd beat death, but then death means nothing. It also has too much of a Star Trek feel*.

One of the things that makes Anakin Skywalker's confession so powerful is his declaration that he'd stop people from dying. That just creeps me out, and for Anakin Solo to do basically the same thing would also creep me out.

*Before I get flamed, I too am a ST fan, just not very rabid, especially after Voyager's finale.

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Before I get flamed, I too am a ST fan, just not very rabid, especially after Voyager's finale.

And just what was so wrong with Voyager's finale? 8-}

Hey, guys, I never wanted to see FFDA go down, and I'm sure a lot of people at FADA don't eaiter. It's just that a few people think FFDA is... how to put this... enemys with FADA.

I don't think of it that way, and the sooner we can out it behind us, the better for us all. :)

EDIT: Speeling. :D

6. NikeSkylark

Jan 20, 2002
    i'm not against the FADA, i'm against the FADA's ideas... just like you are against ours. until the other day i have never directly insulting anything about the FADA on the boards. i just got sick of you guys flamming and patronizing us all the time. i just snapped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.