Fabric Outing

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Michelle and I were talking today, and we really need to go on a fabric outing. We were thinking Thursday evening, if that is okay with some people. I know we all probably can't go at once, but the more we can get to go, the better. If at all possible, save the coupons from any craft store add that you get from now to then. Every little bit will help. Also, Michelle said that certain craft stores/fabric stores have patterns for cheap. I will call around tomorrow and see what I can find out, and post again. Just post us and let us know if Thursday would be a good time, or if we will need to go again on Friday or Saturday.

Erin
  2. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Thursday Evening works for me.

We can't go again on Saturday, we're going to see Chewie!

Come to mention it though, it may be worthwhile to check out that mill-end fabric store in Chubbuck....

Doug
  3. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm posting some good info about tunic fabric in the "costume workshop" thread...
  4. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, yeah, I realized the Chewie thing after I already sent this. But, I, like you, thought we could always check out what is in Pocatello. We could always look at the wal-mart there too, they might have a better selection that we do here. Also, is the dollar fabric store still here?

And about the Tunic material. Yes, some Muslin is cheap, like 1.99 a yard, but you can also by the more expensive stuff 7-10 dollars a yard. They aren't see through, but they are expensive. I have some of the expensive stuff as closet "curtains" in my room, and I can't see through it.
  5. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Yikes, $7-$10/yard for muslin? That's like $42.00 or more for a tunic. Not bad if you've got the $$$, but there are better jedi tunic fabrics for that kind of money. I was talking about the $1.99 stuff being the economical solution, and nice fabrics (like crinkle cotton) if you've got the $$$ to spend...one of the guys that came up last Saturday had crinkle cotton, and it looked JUST LIKE Obi-Wan's Episode I tunic.

What dollar fabric store? That could be cool...

Doug

6. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Check out that costume shop in Pocatello, The "PARTY PALACE." They might have a jedi robe to buy right then and there.
  7. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Ahh, but how accurate of a robe? The licensed ones aren't very good, and if you get fabric on sale you can make a much better one for about the same price. Still, if you're in a hurry/don't want to sew, they work...

Doug
  8. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry doug, I was mistaken. It is the $2 fabric store. It is in the same shopping center area as Tan America. I have been there before, and the do have a lot of discounted fabrics.
  9. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh yeah, I was in there the other day on a pre-outing outing...I didn't see much that would work for standard jedi garb, but I didn't really look for you or Laura as I'm not sure what you two have in mind...

BTW did you get my email with the link in it?

Doug
  10. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Can't make it Thursday night, work's killin' me this week(don't you just hate @$$hole co-workers?).

Have fun.
  11. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    For those of you that can make it, meet at my house tonight at 5:30pm (or there abouts). Call if you're going to come so we know who to wait for.

BTW, Michelle and I bought the simplicity patterns for the Jedi stuff and Ryan bought the imperial officer pattern yesterday. I think we've figured out how to share the pattern, so you won't have to buy one.

Doug
  12. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
  13. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is a basically a re-post of what I said on the Costuming Workshop thread.....I have TONS of cream colored muslin that I will give to anyone who's interested. I can bring it to the costuming workshop whenever we schedule it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.