main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Facades (AU! Ani/Obi/Palps/Padme/Siri/Qui/Shmi/others. A/P, Siriwan parings.) Update: 7/30/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alley_Skywalker, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    So in celebration of the Saga noms opening today - a new update!

Chapter 16

Anakin hit the wall with a stifled ?oof!? A sharp pain lanced through his left wrist and his subconscious mind noted the possibility of an injury.

Instincts kicked in quickly and the blonde spun around, grabbing his attacker by the hand and twisting the other boy?s wrist sharply, making him cry out in pain. Anakin felt, more than saw, another attacker advancing on his left. Anakin hated fighting like this; it felt like his opponents were nothing but shadows. But life?s reality had landed him in this neighborhood where survival and well being often depended on one?s ability to adapt quickly to the unexpected.

Anakin spun on the spot and kicked his new attacker in the groin. Someone tried to sneak up behind the blonde and earned an elbow to the stomach for his trouble.

But despite the promising beginning Anakin new this was not going to end on his terms. Where the others may lack in skill they won in sheer force of numbers.

The whole situation couldn?t possibly end well. That?s what I get for not paying attention. The best case scenario was that he would be searched and his new IPod stolen from him. The worst case scenario?Anakin didn?t really want to go there.

Although he had no involvement with ether of the petty gangs that stocked the neighborhood he knew it wouldn?t matter. They all knew what side he lived on and therefore his appearance on their territory was still an intrusion. Besides, people fell under the influence of the gangs every day, who said he wasn?t a new member of their archenemies?

Finally subdued and pinned against the wall by several people all at once, Anakin contemplated his possible fate. A bright light was shined in his eyes and he heard some kind of comment about being a ?pretty boy.?

?Come on, lets see what he?s got on him,? a voice sounded from beyond the light.

?Wait! Hold on a sec?I think I know him??

I?ll be damned but I could swear I?ve heard that voice before?

The light was lowered out of his eyes and a tall brunette boy with large dark eyes and a red bandana stepped in front of Anakin. ?You wouldn?t happen to be Anakin Skywalker would you??

?Yea??

A smile broke over the other boy?s face. ?You remember me don?t you??

Anakin cocked his head to the side. The boy did look familiar??Kit? Kit from elementary school??

?Yea, man! Hey, hey, let him go, you idiots, he?s our man.?

Slightly baffled, but not daring to argue, the lackeys holding him released their hold and backed away. Anakin launched himself at Kit and the two hugged happily. ?I haven?t seen you in ages!? Anakin shook his head bemusedly. He and Kit had gone to the same elementary school and had been friends since pre-school. By all rights they should have gone to the same Jr High but somehow Shmi was able to get Anakin a place at the uptown Jr High even though they were out of that district. Kit and Anakin had struggled to maintain contact over those first few years but by the time Freshman year of High School had ended they had lost touch completely. Anakin had gone to the uptown High School and Kit had continued in the downtown district, or as the uptown kids called it ?The Trash Bin? seeing as how almost all the kids who attended schools in that district where from lower class.

Anakin had always hated the nickname, as well as the people who used it. Obi-Wan was the first person Anakin had heard the term from.

?You never struck me as a gang leader,? Anakin remarked.

Kit laughed/ ?You get by as you can. Not all of us where as lucky as you. But I see being an upland boy hasn?t mellowed you out too much.?

Anakin smiled, happy that Kit didn?t hold a grudge because of Anakin?s transfer to the other district. ?I doubt anything can mellow me out, Kit. Listen, since you guys are done beating me up, I really need to get home ?cause my mom?s gonna kill me if I don?t.?

?Alright. Hey, Anakin, call me, ok? You still have my number don?t you??

?Some

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

3. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Ah, so Anakin wasn't actually in danger. [face_thinking] That's nice. :D You always run into old friends when you least expect to. So true. :D

Hate wasn?t an emotion to be humored. It was a vile emotion that caused more harm than good. But Obi-Wan couldn?t help but acknowledge that he hated math. Somewhere around Algebra 2 it stopped making sense.

I think I agree with Obi-wan. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ah, how nice. A romantic boat ride. [face_batting] [face_love] @};-

Great Chapter as always! [face_dancing]

4. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    I just read the entire thing...when I was suppossed to be doing chores [face_whistling]

It's very good. Are we going to see problems arise between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon is once agsin obsessing over Anakin--typical.

Oh and poor Obi-Wan is head over heals for Siri and has no idea what to do about it.

Can't wait for more! :D

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    She reached for his hand and the soft touch of skin to skin burned like fire. Obi-Wan fought the instinct to pull his hand away, feeling everything inside of him sink into the moment, into the contact that was so foreign ? frighteningly so ? and yet so welcome.

What was he to do with this? What was he to say? He had no experience with these types of situations, these types of feelings. He was loosing control and..

?He loved it. It was disturbing, frightening, unusual?but it was the best thing he could ever imagine. He was so use to being in control of a situation, so use to being able to stifle his emotions and think critically and objectively, that this sudden loss of control, this whirlpool of sensation was too enjoyable to resist. It washed over him like a tidal wave and he had no desire to fight it.

?What are we doing, Obi-Wan?? Siri?s voice was soft, eyes looking into his questioningly, depending on him for an answer.

What answer could he give her, though, when he had no idea what it was hat they were doing? All he knew was that nothing of the outside world existed in this moment. Only her eyes looking into his. Only the touch of her skin against his. Only the softness of her hair brushing against his cheek. Only her lips ? pink, full, slightly parted ? so close to his own.

His heartbeat filled the silence, a rapid pulse beating in his ears. Should he try to??

Aw, they say it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. What is it this week with Obi-Wan and Siri getting interesting - and going no where?

Great update.

6. ObiWans_Gurl86

ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    Awesome I really liked the Siriwan Part and it is very intersting with Anakin meetin ghis old buddy Kit, I can't wait for more Great Job

7. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Obi and Siri, sittin' in a tree (or boat!)
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

If only... I also really liked Obi-Wan's angst over math. I commiserate fully.

J_Ro

8. Romola

Romola Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    Great SiriWan-Moment! I loved the description of the setting and ObiWans feeelings...

9. Titus_Vendramin

Titus_Vendramin Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    What a novel approach! I love it! I just graduated from highschool and this almost makes me miss it! Ah...high school drama...

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Very close,
    but I really liked the SiriWan moment.

It was an interesting meeting between Anakin and Kit, and I hope that they?ll stay in touch.

I can honestly say that I also find better things to do when I?m supposed to do math.

Amazing update and thanks for the pm.

11. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BEST AU NOM!

G__Anakin: Thank you!

Palpy560: Lol, I agree with Obi-Wan as well -- math is evil.

REALbluelightsaber: I'm happy to hear this was entertaining enough to read in one go :) Yes, the probs between Qui and Obi will be more pronounced in a little bit then they have been. But don't blame Qui too much for his attention to Anakin, he has a rather good excuse for that.

Valairy_Scot: *smirks thinking about a certain recent update for WTHH* Yes, its gotta be something in the atmosphere ;) Honestly though, Val, your Siriwan scenes have been a great inspiration. I hope this one came out as well as I wanted it to. I found it a lont harder to write than I expected.

ObiWans_Gurl86: Thanks! I'm glad you liked the Siriwan part :)

Jaded_Rose: Lol! They'll kiss eventually, don't worry.

Romola: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

Titus_Vendramin: Thank you. Yes, HS drama can be exciting...when you're not involved in it...then it gets frustrating (I'm a HS student...see it all the time, lol).

Star_Angel: I always find better things to do while doing math as well. Lol. Math class boars me to death, gah. As for Kit and Ani...they'll stay in touch somewhat. It'll come in handy latter too.

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Ani's thing actually ended up pretty good
    while Obi's thing ended pretty bad...

who would of thunk it?
    great work :D

13. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    anakin_luver: You know me too well, Crystal;) Thanks for the comment!

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    The world focused in around him once again and Obi-Wan could feel reality crashing through him as he came down from whatever cloud he had been floating on. ?You?re right,? he said evenly, nodding slightly. He got up and, jumping down to the steering wheal, cranked up the motor and turned the boat around toward shore

I love Obi but he sure can be stupid sometimes. That really could have been something- I know they are just teenagers too young. Well maybe when they are older!

15. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    obsessedwithSW: I think most of this is simply coming from Obi-Wan's lack of experience in dealing with these sort of feelings.

Hey guys! I know it seems like it?s been forever. I've been hard pressed for writing time -- this chap was sort of put together piece by piece. That?s the bad news. The good news is that I?ve finally got the new chap for you guys! This one is just sort of setting some things up so it is a little bland.

Chapter 17

The first competition was upon them, The early days of November were charged with excitement and anticipation. Posters were plastered over the entire school campus ? throughout the halls, on the cafeteria door, and the gym walls. There was a pep rally on Friday, as was held every year, in celebration of the opening of the season.

?We?re rivaling the football team for popularity here,? Aayla laughed as the team waited at the bus stop for the bus that would take them to the meet.

?That?s because our district is retarded,? Anakin commented, swinging his bag back and forth. ?While most schools adore their football and basketball teams, we get excited over the fencing season.?

?That?s ?cause fencing?s awesome.? Barriss put in.

?No, it?s ?cause we?re so cool,? Quinlan objected. ?And I think we?re gonna be even more popular with this one on the team.? Quinlan slapped Anakin?s shoulder playfully. ?Did you notice how all the chicks looked at you??

Anakin gave him a lopsided grin. He really wished Padme found him as attractive as the over girls did. Not that he would ever tell Quinlan that. ?I should have tried out for this team Freshman year,?

Obi-Wan looked over at him, started saying something, but finally deciding against it, reverted back to his conversation with Siri. At this point the bus pulled up and the team clambered in,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stands were not packed, yet, rather crowded nonetheless; a few of the Temple High kids had come out to cheer the team on. Anakin looked around the brightly lit gym and the crowd of people on the bleachers. He was jittery with excitement. The blonde spun his saber around in anticipation, eyeing the other team wearily, So far he had only fenced his teammates, who?s tactics he had come to know fairly well but this was completely different. Anakin glanced over at Qui-Gon and bit his lip. He wanted to make his coach proud, prove that he was worthy.

Anakin?s gaze wondered over the rest of his team. Siri was warming up along with Barriss, Quinlan and Aayla were settled on the bench, their heads bent together as they discussed something quietly. Anakin noticed that Quin had his arm comfortably around Aayla?s waist. He really had to wonder why they didn?t just make it official already. Obi-Wan was sitting cross-legged next to the bench, running a hand gingerly along his saber. The copper-haired boy seemed to be deep in thought, though Anakin preferred the more mocking word choice of ?meditation.?

The other team had already gathered around their coach for a pre-meet pep talk. Anakin eyed the group appraisingly, wondering who he would get to fence. The girls went first and then the boys. Usually, the better fencers went last, but not always. Anakin had no clue as to where he stood in the lineup. Qui-Gon, to Anakin?s genuine disappointment, had not made any announcements as to the evalution of the team members since Anakin?s ?initiation.? The set up of the match possessed that sleek and professional feel, something that, Anakin admitted inwardly, was somewhat intimidating for a first-timer.

?Alright, Team, gather round,? Qui-Gon called and the team formed a tight huddled around their coach. ?Barriss, Aayla, Siri, you know your order ? same as last season. Now, boys,? Qui-Gon swept the three boys with a somewhat calculating look. ?Quinlan, you?re up first.?

Quinlan grinned good-naturedly and saluted. Aayla giggled and flashed him a smile.

Qui-Gon ignored them. ?Obi-Wan, you?re fencing secon

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm glad I could be of inspiration! Loved this update - and I'm like Obi-Wan - I quit after Geometry. It's not my thing.

Funny how both boys here feel a bit like outsiders.

Obi-Wan settled onto the bench, arms folded over his chest, and watched Anakin?s match with a strange ostracized feeling...Qui-Gon sighed. The boy was bound to ask that question sooner or later and he partially wished that Obi-Wan would simply confront his mother about her lack of interest in her son?s life. Because Qui-Gon really didn?t know what answer to give him. He surely couldn?t tell Obi-Wan the truth ? his mother never wanted him in the first place. After all, that was why he had married Rose in the first place ? to make sure that the child that she was neglecting didn?t have to grow up like a lonely weed and so that he would know that he was loved. The child that Qui-Gon had come to love.

Now we have Qui vs Maul - I hope the school isn't named Naboo or something. :eek:

I just love how you integrate all this - high school and Star Wars and so perfectly, too. Truly a delight to read.

17. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Actually I?m kind of like Obi-Wan in this respect as well ? math is just SO not my thing.
    As for the Qui vs Maul thing?ah well? you are very clairvoyant!

18. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    wow, Qui-Gonn is coming back? this ought to be interesting...
    oh no...nothing is going to help Obi-Wan like Anakin...

good update :D

19. ACE_Albert

ACE_Albert Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2007
    Wow, really nice far-out AU! Yes, the Star Wars characters - and classic lines too! - fit amazingly well into the High School setting.

I especially have loved your characterization of Yoda - frickin' brilliant! I was rolling on the floor laughing - literally! - at many of the sections involving Yoda. Especially when he offered to be Mace Windu's dancing partner. [face_laugh]

I like the A/P moments too. It was sweet of Padmé to come to watch Anakin's first match. Glad that Anakin won too! :)

Only one question... wasn't Padmé just telling Sabé that she couldn't be in a romantic relationship with Anakin because she was already in a (presumably at least somewhat serious) romantic relationship with someone else? And judging from her later conversation with Bail, her then-'current' relationship (which obviously she has since ended) was with Bail? If so, why would she think there was, basically, nothing between her and Bail? :confused: (Not that I mind Padmé ditching Bail, of course - Padmé and Anakin are meant for each other! :D I was just a bit confused about that point... perhaps there was something I'm not getting.)

20. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    anakin_luver: No worries, Crystal, he'll come around eventually :)

ACE_Albert: I'm glad you like it! I don't think anyone really got my Yoda gags so I'm happy to hear that they made you laugh :)
    I can see why the Padme/Bail thing might have been confusing. The thing is, the two were sort of ?dating? but they weren?t really an item yet so Padme really did not have any obligations to him. Now, Bail was hopping that Padme was ready to go out with him exclusively therefore he was rather jalousie of all the attention Padme was suddenly devoting to Anakin. However, Padme did not see a reason for Bail to be so concerned as she wasn?t really cheating on him (since they weren?t together) and at the same time it wasn?t like she was going out with Anakin anyways. Nor was she really planning to. Basically, Bail overreached because he saw competition and Padme was just plain out uncertain what position to take here because she suddenly found herself stuck between two guys. Does this clear it up at least a little?

21. ACE_Albert

Sep 3, 2007
    Ah, thanks. Yes, that clears things up a lot. Thanks for the explanation! :D

22. ObiWans_Gurl86

ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    Omg Poor obiwan his mom doesn't want him? lol geez that flippin sad. But good news for him siri is gonan train wiht him [face_dancing]. I bet this possibly match between Urik Maul and quigon will be interesting.

23. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    That's terrible that Obi-Wan's mother didnt want him! I wouldnt have the heart to tell him either poor guy. I m sorry Im so late in reading this. But as always I enjoyed your writing!

24. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    ObiWans_Gurl86: Thanks for the comment! And yes the Maul vs Qui match will be a turning point.

obsessedwithSW: Thank you!

Announcing November Hiatus
    I just figured it would be fair to let you guys know that b/c of some other stuff that?s going on (NaNoWriMo and prepping for SATs on 12/1) I?m not gonna have much time to write so don?t expect an update until beginning to mid of December. I apologize in advance for the wait.

25. ACE_Albert

Sep 3, 2007
    Oh, I understand completely. Best of luck on the SAT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.