main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Face of a Stranger, Mask of an Enemy (L/M NJO one poster)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mistryl, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    New, fic, Enjoy!

The song at the end of it comes from the move based on the broadway musical Evita. I just thought it fit real well. This takes place just previous to the NJO.

Diclaimer: Star Wars does not belong to me
    and neither does the movie or musical Evita.

Luke Skywalker lay back onto his bed. It had been several weeks and his wife, Mara Jade Skywalker, was due back from Monor II. He wondered why she wasn?t already back. She had promised to come to Yavin VI immediately after she was finished. A minor diplomat had decided he had needed a bodyguard so she had gone along with to do just that. His comlink beeped and he turned to answer it.

?Master Skywalker, there?s a message for you in the communication?s room. Would you like it to be transferred to your room??

?Yes, Tionne,? Luke said as he turned towards a holotransponder and switched it on. A grin flashed over his face as the figure of his wife appeared. ?Mara, about time.?

?Impatient, Skywalker??

?Your landing pad is open, about how long??

?Very shortly.?

?So a few more hours.?

?Not quite,? a voice said from behind him.

Luke turned around and saw the figure of his wife. ?Sithspawn! Mara, were you blocking me??

?Happy to see me?? Mara held her arms out and Luke wrapped his arms around her and held her in a tight hug.

?Do you have to ask??

?No,? Mara kissed him softly on the cheek and broke loose from his embrace and took his hand. ?Do we have time just to fall into bed??

Luke threw a glance at the wall chrono and shook his head. ?Classes start shortly. I?m afraid I don?t have any extra time today. I have classes and exercise till dinner and several tons of paperwork afterwards.?

?How late are you going to be up tonight, I?d like to spend some time for you.?

?Don?t wait up, it?s going to take a while.?

Mara leaned over to give him a kiss when one of the students came down the hallway, ?Master Skywalker! Master Skywalker! We need your help in the comm center!?

Luke pulled away from Mara and followed the student out. Why was she fooling herself? Luke?s job didn?t give him much free time. They never got to see each other much anymore but that was to be expected. She considered again teaching at the academy, Corran was always there and so was Mirax so she wouldn?t be alone, and she would get to see Luke more often. It wasn?t such a bad idea.

Luke wearily shuffled through his paperwork but his mind was elsewhere, he could of course have some one else do this, so many people had offered but he knew it was his responsibility. He hated it but couldn?t duck out of his responsibilities even though his wife was here. It had been hard but he had stuck with his duty.

Luke rubbed his eyes as he continued to shuffle the papers and took a gulp of Caff. He was so tired that he couldn?t see straight and he finally gave up fighting sleep and let his head sag onto the desk and was soon asleep.

Tionne entered Luke?s office silently early the next morning as soon as she realized he had not been with his wife. Sure enough, he was asleep at his desk. There were several strange ships that were approaching and the only thing they knew was that they weren?t friendly and they had brought Ysalamiri.

?Master Skywalker!? Tionne hissed as she shook him awake.

Luke shook his head fuzzily with not much more response.

?We?re under attack!?

Luke jumped to his feet wide-awake now. ?Tionne, get everyone up. What do we know??

?Almost everyone?s awake already. They have Ysalamiri. Two ships are coming in.?

Luke stretched out to the Force to find the blank spots. ?No, the two ships are to wipe us out from the air. Most of their forces are in the forest. We need to move.?

?Yes Master.?

Luke ran out of the office and into his room throwing on the light as he stared at the form of

2. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Wow, that was intense. I actually wrote a fic in which Mara succumbs to the Yuuzhan Vong spore disease, and Luke loses his mind to the Dark Side as a result.

At any rate, this was excellent. :) I especially enjoyed the last two lines of it, hehe.

3. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    Thank you Soulwalker, I'm glad you thought it was that good.

4. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    :_| What is it with all these sad stories I am reading today?! But great job, Mistryl! Very poingnant. The ending was wonderful.

Nice title by the ways! :)

Great job!

5. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    Thank you, Jaded, I'm so glad you like it.

6. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    That was beautiful! [face_love] The song at the end was perfect!

7. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    thank you enigma. I'm glad you like it.

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. That was really good! :)

J&J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.