Facebook Timeline is now semi-forced!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by DragonLove76, Feb 4, 2012.

1. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is everyone with the old profile, now shown the Timeline profile ?

It tells me to review the timeline for 7 days, but I guess others looking at my profile still see the old profile?

Argh I hate it!

Comon, Facebook for forcing people this ugly mess :(
  2. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    If you don't like any of the changes and "improvements" Facebook makes, just wait 15 minutes, it'll change again.
  3. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    This isn't the first change that Facebook has forced on its users, and it won't be the last. I remember signing up when everywhing (wall/info/etc) was on a single page, and there was no "like" or "become a fan of" button. Expect another big change in 6-12 months, and everyone to complain about missing the timeline.
  4. somethingfamiliar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want something else to get me through this semi-forced line of time.
  5. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another thing seem to be gone is the ability to see my profile from someone else's POV. Or is it still there?
  6. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Facebook has 845 million active users, and one (me), who only logs in when TFN is down, to find out what the **** is going on!
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    you should be happy dragonlover. complaining about facebook is clearly one of your favorite things.
  9. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Its perfect symmetry then. Go to facebook for TFN updates. Go to TFN for facebook updates.
  10. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    What is facebook?

I just drink myself into a blackout every time the boards go down. It's always fixed by the time I come to.

Evil.
  11. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    you will rue the day, facebook! argh!
  12. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    How dare they change their own site!
  13. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    An excellent plan!

Also, am I the only one who actually likes the timeline format? Probably not, but hey...it felt nice to not bitch about a facebook change for once. Now if only I could bring myself to abandon the pure evil that is facebook once and for all, that'd really be something.

14. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    i actually like it too as i only post videos and it displays them a lot more effectively than the old style did.
  15. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    I'm indifferent to this change. They just moved stuff around. The only thing really new is the cover photo, and they made two colums of info instead of one. People are complaining "OMG, now you can look at my earlier posts! FB is raping my privacy!!!" but you've always been able to do that on facebook.
  16. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
  17. alt0233 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't have the timeline yet.
  18. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    [image=http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-facebook-fails-appalled-changes-ecard.jpg]

Still relevant.
  19. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I don't understand this apparent fetish websites have with "upgrading." I mean, changing with the times (YouTube adding HD video) or fixing bugs (like not being able to get automatic e-mails) makes sense, but changing an interface that most people are fine with and accustomed to? I don't get it.
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    OLD. We had timeline in New Zealand months ago.
  21. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Yes, but by then, all the pizzas is gone. :(
  22. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Controversy generates increased traffic as people check their facebook pages to look at the new changes. And since traffic equals revenue...
  23. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I don't know about Facebook, but most sites don't want that sort of controversy. :p Gawker, for example, changed its commenting system among other things and traffic dropped significantly.
  24. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not on Timeline yet.

And the topic reminds me of Youtube, which I stopped using when they changed their interface in their last update so badly that I can't find videos anymore via recommendations or subscriptions because those are both cluttered with videos I don't want to watch and I can't remove them to get new content.
  25. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, I don't particularly like the new YouTube's mess of a home page either.