main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

facebook

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by darth_frared, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    it feels a bit lonely there now so i thought might as well ask you if any of you are members already.

www.facebook.com

2. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I already have a MySpace, and I'm not sure I want to give any more websites that much personal information. God knows what they do with it/who they sell it to.

I'm still a little unsure what the point of these kind of sites are, though. All you do is promote yourself but to who and for what!? When I had a personal MySpace it just ended up with people I alreay knew added that I could just ring if I wanted to speak to them. Not that I wanted to speak to them. And by the way, anybody new that you meet over one of these sites is most likely lying about themselves. I did a study into MySpace on a couple of people I know's profiles and, whether conciously or not, it turned out they were twisting the truth of themselves and gatekeeping to appear more "cool" or whatever. I guess you can't trust the internet; who'd have thought? Even people's photos of themselves show the falltering side of things ... I know mine do. Why do you think so many have blurry webcam pictures of themselves and not high-resolution photographs?

I don't think I'll bother with FaceBook.

I'm sure it will be making money from me somehow.

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Sorry I'm not a member either, I'm quite happy just to be a Myspace memeber.

4. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    can't use myspace in college and it just seems facebook is a place to gather friends. it's convenient for me.

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I have a facebook account.

6. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    oi, can't work out how to locate people, though :( can you? my email is in my profile.

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think it would be good if the FF-UK North had a facebook account don't you? We need to promote ourselves through all good avenues, and Facebook is quite popular nowadays. I'll go about setting myself an account too.

8. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm on Facebook - IMO it's much easier to use than Myspace, and I've managed to get intouch with two old school friends I've not seen in 10 years which is cool !!

feel free to add mw to your friends list (search for me under my real name Chris Pearson)

my my Tim are you at a loose end this morning ;) you are everywhere !!!!

9. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    *Know one will find you under your real name spikey* I think theres only me who calls you Chris from FFUK_N ?

Im On Myspace

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    :p

Just on a mission (but not from God) to get several important threads re-noticed and some upcoming meets on people's to-do-list, whilst sorting out CE stuff at same time. Plus, this is really the first time I have been able to sit and post properly in ages, without any distractions or work to go to.

I'll add u when I have sorted out my account on there, am gonna be busy with CE stuff for next few days again lol

11. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    i'm on face book too (nigel jukes) chris found me there (check out his 70's dad look lol)

12. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005

HEY... :eek:

it's R.E.T.R.O.......:p

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Grrrr, facebook is making me not not not happy. Went to add you as a friend Nige and a damn flash advert is hiding the security verification input box. Then when I think I have sneaked around not being able to see (by using tab) and typed in correct code, it asks me for mobile phone verification!!! Then I put that in and tells me my phone ain't supported!!! WTH?!

I'm on there as "Tim Bolton", Chris can't pinpoint you since there are supposedly 200+ hits on your name and I tried via location and it says none in England.

Edit: Done it via the "view friends" option which doesn't have that damn advert blocking the view! Added a few others too :D

14. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    thanks for bringing this up againo_O

i think i'm perhaps the easiest to find: martina seidel. or else you can use email and invite people this way thus sparing the search function which is sucky giveth me about 200 chris pearsons (english names are so... so....)

15. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    i noticed laura was on your profile, i have sent her a message, did you see the photos on my page? gona add some of my naboo pilot after ce

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i just set up a group for us - if you feel like joining you are more than welcome and invite other members of the north etc etc.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2395182247

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Joined.

18. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    me three (before tim adds 'me too') :p

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Was away from my comp lol :p

Meeweetwo!

20. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I had another look at facebook and I dont understand it. Firstly it says my name isn't "legitimate" (how did it know!?) and then it says it wants my e-mail account password so it can invite all of my 'friends'. :( That don't sound cricket to me. And I can't upload any music to it. :( Oh well, I don't think there's anyone on there I want to really talk to anyway. That's what MSN and MySpace is for. :)

21. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    *cough* thing is, as stated somewhere above, i cannot access myspace.

sometimes i think this is an age thing of some sorts. i find facebook very easily understood. for once of course they cannot use my email and invite people because they don't know what to do with german systems mwahahahaha!

22. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    the funny thing is, i think sie at least, if not me myself personally have just added a music thingie to it. so, here's to facebook.com!

23. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    I tryed to join Face book last night But couldnt understand the main page !
    It kept asking for my e-mail password !

Nuts to it Ill stay on myspace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.