main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Faces in the Passageway (a strange Vader/Ami fic) Still in Progress, Believe it or Not;-)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    DarkLady27- I'm glad to see you too! Say... whatever happened to your own Ami/Vader fic?

Lilu, I fear thy wrath. ;)

Skysong, you caught me! [face_blush] It's nice to see anohter anime fan, though. ("Once you start down the path of anime, forever will it dominate your destiny." ;) )

I must confess to drawing Yalith in anime style; but, of course, a CLAMP version of Amidala would far outshine anything I can manage. I can only imagine what would happen if they got a hold of Anakin... Somehow, I can see him turning out to look a little like Yukito. You're right about the names, too, they're all Japanese-esque so I can write them in katakana. ("Yalith" isn't, though-- she's named after Noah's daughter, the one who didn't get to go on the ark.)

ANYWAY... (if I babble, just throw something. ;)) Thanks so much for the feedback! Actually, I keep all my Star Wars stuff at Glass Halo, if you're interested.

~Meredith

2. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    Um, I thought about telling Vader that you weren't going to write that fic, but then he showed me storyboards he let Luke and Leia draw with crayons and it's too cute. *hint* :D

3. Lil_Jedi

Lil_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    no postie? :( Then up this goes...

4. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    AUGH!

No post yet?!!!

<sob, whimper, whimper>

I'm doing this so we can see more soon... :(

5. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's Meredith banging her head against the wall!

:confused: Actually, it's a post, and I'm going to shut up quickly so you can read it. :D Thank you so much for upping this thread and bugging me to get off my butt.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think!

*cough* Without further rambling...

-------------------------------------------
    Faces in the Passageway 2/?
    by Meredith Bronwen Mallory
    mallorys-girl@cinci.rr.com
    http://www.demando.net/
    -------------------------------------------

It was the change in the air that made Hisae stop and turn around. Bewildered, she lifted her hand, uncurling the fingers that had, moments ago, been interlocked with those of her best friend. For a few, insane moments it seemed as if Yalith had never been; the girl that shared lunch with Hisae, lived on the floor bellow her apartment, that had been her best friend since before she could remember-- well, she was gone. She never had been. Drawing in a frightened breath, Hisae raised her fingers to her temples, trying to anchor herself in the moment.
    "Yali!?" she called, cupping her hands to make the sound bigger. "Yalith!" The wind only made a hollow noise, like the sound of dying, as it raced through the spires of the city. Now frantic, Hisae turned to see Morja and Resu walking far ahead, seemingly in another world altogether. "Guys!" she tried to run, a few off-beat steps on the pavement, but she moved no further when the other girls turned their dispassionate eyes to her.
    "Something wrong, Hisae?" Resu's smile was slight, somehow faintly amused. An image sprung to life in Hisae's mind: a seamstress, selecting a thread the color of Yalith, ripping, digging in with the needle, tearing it mercilessly away.
    "Yalith is gone!" Hisae managed past the worry in her throat. She searched Resu's eyes, then Morja's, for some sign of concern or recognition.
    "Oh," Morja shrugged, "Strange. Well, you know how weird she is. She probably just wandered off."
    "She might have had an attack someplace," Resu's voice was sugar laced with acid, and she stared at Hisae across the space between them. Hisae spun away quickly, feeling her anger as though it was a blaster in her hand. Down the path which she'd come, people dotted the bridge like miniatures until they disappeared in the maze of buildings. It was more crowded than she remembered.

Now she was running, ignoring the world caught under glass beneath her feet. Her eyes cast themselves amongst the strangers-- other school girls, minor diplomats, tourists-- as if she was looking for someone she hadn't seen in years. There was a young woman standing by the fencing, clinging to the wire as though she might weave herself through it. Hisae stopped, staring at the unfamiliar girl, who stood so regally in her private, bizarre grief. The wind moved through her long brown locks, and for a moment Hisae saw something familiar resurface in the girl's profile. Chocked with relief and a growing sense of helplessness, Hisae rushed forward.
    "Yalith!"

You used to think you didn't have a heart anymore, in your nightmares you'd find your breast carved open, utterly empty. You could see right through yourself, in these dreams, you were split from breast bone to navel with all that you'd lost; but now you know, you know you have a heart because the fire is burning through it.
    "Ani, help me!" your voice is an open thing, inhuman, for the fire is kissing along your throat. It holds to your hand too, burning, peeling away flesh like the petals of a flower. How white your bones are, like the little ivory tokens you played with as a child, how polished they seem! He's coming for you, He's almost to your side, and the sound of his breathing is the only thing you can hear over the pain.
    "Ani..." it doesn't even sound like his name, this mutilated noise you make. He's taken you by the shoulders now, and you're crumbling in his grasp. Why aren't you dead now, why? The pain reshapes the

6. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    I'll leave a post in a minute :p I just wanted to post something :D

EDIT: Phew! Thank the force I speeed read [face_blush]

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT POST!!!! *starts to cry* Missed reading it I did :D That post was sssssssssaaaaaaaaaadddd :_| Make it romantic, will you? J/k But I do want to see Padme(Yalith) with Vader and their reactions :p

You like animé? :eek: and you draw it? :eek: COOL!! I love animé! :D And I draw it too
    :D . You could say I'm obsessed with it [face_blush] .

GREAT POST!!! [face_love] it!

7. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    But of course, Meredith!!! As always ;)

Great post!

8. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    DarkLady27- [face_blush] I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! I know it was sad, but Yalith and Vader should get a good look a each other within the next two posts. [face_devil] I plan on being evil. ;)

*gasps* So you're an anime fan too? :eek: Neat! I know all about being obsessed with it.... What all have you seen?

Darth Fruitcake- Yay! My master loves me! :D

~Meredith

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Ah! How could I have missed this! I have been breathlessly awaiting your next post for weeks... well, ok, there have been a few other things on my mind... but I sure enjoyed this post! :D

Keep them coming, I love your writing style! And this plot is soooo intriguing! Thanks for posting! [face_love]

10. Jedi Skysong

Jedi Skysong Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1999
    <Skysong does the dance of joy>

YAAAAAY!!!!!! :D

Palpy has dibs on Vader's mind? Eeeew.

Memo to Vader: Forget ol' Pruneface. Picture Amidala instead. Much healthier for you.

<ducks as Vader Force-throws a vase at her head>

SHEESH! Sensitive! ;)

Oh well. YAAAAAY! :D :D What's next, Storyteller Meredith?

P.S. Considering dear Darthie's temperament right now, mind if I bring along the Hitokiri Battousai for protection? Kenshin, sweetie, ya might wanna keep an eye on me here... ;)

11. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    OMG Meredith! That post rocked! It was wonderful and long!! We love looooooong posts!! :p

It really was a great post. I just love your writing style. It's great to see you around here again. :D

12. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Upping this! The type of animé I love? Oooooooo TONS!!! :D :D :D
    DragonballZ, Sailor Moon :)p), Escaflowné, Gundam Wing, Digimon, Medabots, and some others that I just can't seem to remember :p [face_blush]

My favorite character (who I [face_love] [face_love] to pieces) is Trunks from DBZ. CUTE HE IS! :D

13. Lil_Jedi

Lil_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    Ooh, I didn't even realize you posted. What a nice long post that was :)

"It would only be a matter of time before he found her." --yes, he will find her, right? am I right? :D

14. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I've never been much of a fan of anime; the characters scream and stare too much.

Meredith, the bestest apprentice in the galaxy, yet another lesson in the Fruity side: Always be attentive, in which anime characters are not ;)

15. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Great :D

As good as chocolade.... Well, almost. ;)
    They'r still not together so I'm not totally mushed out yet.

16. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    Wow, look at all the feedback! [tosses chocolate Anakins and Qui Gons to everyne] Thank you so much! :D

Starblazer- You're far too nice to me...

Skysong- Yup, Palpy has been playing with Vader's mind. It's on spin cycle. :confused: Oooo! Kenshin is a good idea. Chicks dig the scar, ne? At least this chick does. ;)

Ashamaphone- Awww... thank you! I'm glad the post was worth the wait!

Lil_Jedi- Of course he'll find her! I plan on being evil! [face_devil]

Darth Fruitcake- But... but I like anime!

DarkLady27- I adore Sailor Moon! I only watch the original Japanese, though. *sighs happily* Gundam Wing is great too! I want to be Duo when I grow up... ;)

Lilu- *giggles* I promise at least a little mush. :D

Erk-- by the way, I've started a new story. [face_shocked] I know, I know. Anyway, it's Ami/Vader, so I thought some of you might be interested. It's called Our Lady of Sighs. Check it out if you have the time!

Working on the next post,
    Meredith

WOOOOHOOO 90th post!!! [face_blush] Do excuse me.

17. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Uppy! :D Wanna post de Merl :p

Hey Merl, did you know where I got that nickname for you from? From the animé show called Visions of Escaflowné :D

18. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Uppy!!! Stay up [face_devil] :D :D

19. Starr28653

Starr28653 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Aw, this is sad...but I love it!

20. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
  21. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    Starr- Welcome to the thread! I'm glad you like what I've managed to far!

DarkLady27- You're such a doll-- thanks for upping! I have yet to see any Escaflowne, but I hear it's very good. The drawing style didn't strike me as very pretty, though. [face_smile] Hey, have you seen any Utena?

~Meredith
    whose current list of projects is as follows:
    -More Inside I'm Hollow
    -More 'Faces in the Passageway'
    -More Our Lady of Sighs
    -More From Where Ever I Am To You

..... I think. :confused:

22. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
  23. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    hehe dl27, I'd say we're about finished our uppin' rounds--what do ya think? :p

24. DarkLady27

Jul 26, 2000
    Yeah :p ;)Not yet though :D

25. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    *throws DL27 aand Ahamaphone chocolate jedi*

You two are my upping angels! Thanks so much!
    ;)
    *eyes Darth Vader* I swear I'll update one of my stories this weekend.... :D

... I just don't which one. :confused:

~Meredith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.