main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Faces in the Passageway (a strange Vader/Ami fic) Still in Progress, Believe it or Not;-)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    RS77 and others, here are the links to Merry?s fics on the boards. Most of them are locked though [face_devil] so maybe you should try her FanFiction.net profile.

· Artificial Wings

· Faces in the Passageway

· From Wherever I Am to You

· His and Hers Circumstances - AotC missing moments

· Our Lady of Sighs

· Our Lady of Sighs

· Short stories - Empty Movement, All Fall Down, En Route, Deliver us from evil

· Sweet lullaby, sweet awakening

· The Widow Skywalker

· This Is Not An Exit

?Inside I?m Hollow? and ?Pretty when you cry? are on her Fanfiction profile.

2. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
  3. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    So I was reading Artifical Wings and I was wondering where the unlocked part of the story is........ what's the fanfiction net profile..... where is it would be a better question......

4. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    Meredith, I know you are busy and all...... but could you please get around to posting? I mean I like your stories and all.... but you haven't posted on most of them for like three years or something!

UP!!

5. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
  6. Redneck626

Redneck626 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I love this story!! Can't wait for the next part.
    Redneck626 PS- Anybody want a cookie?

7. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    I will take a cookie... heaven knows it'll be a while... I pm'd her about it but maybe if we all do....

*passes out chocolate and pillows and sticks EI dvd in dvd player*

might as well wait for her.. :D

8. Redneck626

Redneck626 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    * Redneck626 starts singing gibberish words to pass the time.*[face_whistling] POST PLEASE!!!!![face_batting]

9. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *finishes E1, starts E2*

popcorn anyone?

Soda?

hot chocolate?

Meredith where are you????

10. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    I will have to pm her again.....

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! What a wonderful story! I'm not done reading the posts yet, but this is incredible! =D=

12. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    unfortunately for all of us, she has only ever finished about one story.... *sigh* I think this one might be my fave... I need to go PM her again... maybe she'll get annoyed enough and post! :p

13. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *sticks in E3*

soon we'll have to start watching other movies....

*makes more popcorn*

up!

14. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Author's Notes: Long, long ago in a galaxy right under your feet, there lived a somewhat crazy fanfiction writer and her flighty muse. Now, this writer (Meredith) and her muse (Carol) started many stories, one of which was this, before Carol's intense case of hyperactivity drug Meredith off to fandoms far, far away.

Dudes, people, it's been two years since I've posted anything for Faces in the Passageway, and I would not be at all surprised if no one remembers it. I thought it was going to languish, forever unfinished, especially considering all the times I'd tried to break the writer's block and failed.

And yet, I woke up from a nap this afternoon and discovered that the story was right there. I wrote ithe next chaptert in a little under and hour. I'm extremely shocked, my own self.

The classic thread for this story is here.

To any old readers, I owe you-- BIG TIME.

As always, you have my undying thanks and love for taking the time to read this. [face_love]
    -Meredith
    who has medical staff on standby, incase anyone faints from utter shock of seeing a post. ^_~

[b]Faces in the Passageway[/b]
    by Meredith Bronwen Mallory
    [hr]

Lord Vader's sanctum was smooth and chill, black stone on black stone, shades of non-light deepening into spectrums that became dark and eerie mirrors. High vaulted and supported with columns of disturbing, twisted volcanic rock, it was a shell to suit the creature existing within it-- the dream of a precise and maddeningly sane mind. Corrin Antilles made her way down the hall towards the inner chamber itself, a thing of blinding white against the darkness, like the jaws of some creature ready to consume. Her gaze flickered constantly, never resting in one spot, for everywhere the polished surfaces reflected back muted ghosts of her image, at once blurred and all too distinct.
    "Lord Vader," she said, dropping a strange hybrid of a curtsy and a bow. "You wanted the files on Yalith Minborne?" Her starched white tunic rustled loudly against her stockings, the only sound besides the merciless sea-tide of Vader's breathing. For several long moments, she stood there, carry case held like careless schoolbooks against her hips, strands of strawberry blond hair in her face. Finally, she snorted, despite the pain she felt seizing at the small of her back. "Are you going to _say_ something?" she prompted.
    "You forget your place, Dr. Antilles," Vader said, and though his posture never changed, his form somehow seemed more threatening. Corrin's stance shifted just slightly, that of a child who respects and fears fire, but is compelled none the less to punishingly risk. A wave of Lord Vader's hand and a small, skeletal droid moved forward, tray at the ready. The colored data cubes clinked softly as Corrin laid them down.

"You have been treating this woman for some time?" Vader inquired, rising to take the cubes, placing the first delicate blue one in the large holo reader. Yalith Minborne's visage appeared, particles of light given structure; a fresh and somehow eerie youth, riotous red-brown hair pulled half away from her face. It was a school holo, as recent as the new semester, but looking at it now Corrin felt an uncomfortable knowledge building in her, far from her rational brain. Somehow the image of Yalith seemed different from the girl she had treated earlier that afternoon. Behind her rosy glasses, Corrin's eyes narrowed, the only outward sign of a frown.
    "She's hardly a woman," Corrin said, not moving forward. Vader stood before the cylindrical dais, unmoving, a forest beast studying something living in the light. The image of Yalith gaze outward, smiling a small, sad little smile that was at once inviting and still clearly a mask. The high, stiff color of her Academy uniform made her face seem even more pale. "She'll turn sixteen in eight months, so she'll still technically be underage when she attends the Dance of 500 in the spring. Not," she murmured with heavy, dr

15. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002

Thanks but no thanks for the goats, or living creatures as a whole.

It's enough to see this updated! [:D] It's like Christmas getting an update on one of your stories. I love this in particular - the tortured Vader, this Padme reincarnation... I wonder if Yalith's un-inherited breathing disorder has anything to do with Vader's 'asthma'. :p Or maybe it's simply because Padme died by suffocation? Terminal disease, eh? :( So she was born to die. Perhaps even to do penance for Vader's sins.

It's been so long since you updated that even though I remember the details of this story vividly - from the bullying classmates, Anakin watching the rain, the doctor with the rose-tinted glasses (see I remember the details vividly! ;) - I still treated myself to a re-read to immerse myself in the story. It's a wonderful world - just a little AU. Even your AUs have an integrity about them that some 'canon' fanfiction do not achieve. I hope you'll update this more regularly now. ;)

16. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Um, Wow!
    I don't know where to start except to say that if you leave it for another 2 yrs I'll cry! No wonder they left it open! Who'd dare close it? Like leaving a candle in the window!

I have to reread it and come back. But I just want to say - it's beautiful!

17. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    don't leave for another 2 years please...post more soon

rachel

18. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Beating the lock. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.