main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Facing the Mirror ? A Jedi Padmé Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Katana_Geldar, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Title: Facing the Mirror ? A Jedi Padmé Vignette
    Author: Katana_Geldar
    Genre: Alternate Universe, vignette
    Time set: c.22 BBY
    Characters: Padmé Naberrie, Yoda, OC Kuan Yin Nevu, Darth Maxah and Shakya Devi
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is not mine; I just like to write with it. This fic follows a narrative arc of my own making with characters created by George Lucas and other authors.
    Notes: Some of the dialogue has been taken from a translation of the Tao Te Ching by Laozi and of course there was inspiration from ANH and ESB. It is sort of a shame what happens to Padmé at the end of the Jedi Padmé Trilogy as she was a very good Jedi Consular.

Even a Jedi Knight is still a living being, with the same failings. ? Qui-Gon Jinn, ?The Dark Rival?

?Since before time and space were, the Force was,? said Shakya Devi as she paced the room with long strides, watched by her apprentice Padmé Naberrie who sat cross-legged on a meditation stool. ?It is beyond what is and is not.? She then stopped and turned to face her apprentice for the question that Padmé knew was coming. ?But how can this be known??

Padmé considered for a moment. ?I know the Force because I experience it.?

?In yourself?? Devi asked.

?In myself and in others,? Padmé answered. ?I know the Force because I recognise it in another being and realise it is the same as within myself.?

?And what of the dark side?? her Master asked. ?What of evil and corruption??

?The Force itself does not have sides, because it is beyond sides,? replied Padmé. ?It is beyond sides because it is beyond words.?

But Devi was not done. ?So where does it fit then?? She crouched down so Padmé could see her face beneath her hood. ?Where does the dark side come from??

?Desire,? answered her apprentice promptly. ?Desire to dominate others.?

The Jedi Master rose to her full height. ?To become a Jedi Knight, Padmé, you need to submit yourself fully to the Force,? she said.

Padmé rose to her feet. ?I am ready.?

?Are you ready to trust yourself?? Devi challenged. ?To let go your conscious mind in determining your actions??

?Yes.?

?To let go of your will and let the will of the Force guide you??

?Yes.?

?To honour all life, regardless of its form??

?Yes.?

?To give up your own life if needed??

?Yes.?

Devi smiled to herself and turned away, walking away and leaving Padmé standing there. For a moment Padmé didn?t move, then followed her Master to where she had stopped some distance away.

But Devi didn?t turn, Padmé stood silently for a moment and then touched her Master?s shoulder. Slowly she began to turn around, yet it was not the face of Shakya Devi that was under that hood, it was a scarred visage that Padmé had first seen ten years before and since then in her nightmare.

?NO!?

Instinctively, Padmé withdrew, calling her lightsaber to her hands with the Force just as Darth Maxah ignited her own double-bladed weapon and sent one of the red blades spinning towards her. Padmé angled her lightsaber down to deflect the blow, the green blade parallel with her thigh and brought it upwards with a crackling between them as the blades clashed together.

Screaming in anger, Maxah span back, her lightsaber moving in tandem with her body. She then attacked again, using the front lightsaber in the same manner as a spear and Padmé had to move onto the defensive as she was given no opportunity.

An enemy never gives you an opportunity, Padmé, Shakya Devi had told her, don?t expect them to.

She was right, again. Summoning the Force, Padmé jumped away from the Sith, landing about ten metres away and in a defensive position.

Annoyed, Maxah moved to meet her, but Padmé was ready, taking an aggressive stance and attacking with speed and precision. It was all Maxah could do to evade the blows, and every time the Sith seemed to get Padmé?s measure, Padmé moved. Attacking from behind, the sides, the front and sometimes all at onc

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    =D= Grand!
    Padme, you go girl!
    Grand.

tapping fish
    abandoned mirrorer

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Thanks a lot for the PM for this. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to step back into this universe.

P.S. You should probably leave a space between paragraphs just to make it easier to read. :D

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

And don't hold yer breath, but there will be more Jedi Padmé

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.