main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Fact For Today

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I found this interesting and thought I would share.

If the British Queen is visiting you, you may want to consult the intricate rules about displaying the flag. We've got you covered...
    There are several versions of the flag used for different members of the Royal Family, and each quadrant has its own meaning. Gold lions on a red background are representative of England, red lions on a gold background represent Scotland, and gold harps on a blue background represent Ireland. Variations of the flag are used in different parts of the United Kingdom. When the Queen is in Scotland, for example, the positions of the English and Scottish portions of the flag are reversed. Sure, they're the United Kingdom, but there's still something to be said for the pride of the country's components. And there are specific rules as to when and how the Royal Standard should be flown. For instance, if the Queen's procession is passing by a structure but not entering it, the flag should not be hoisted.

[hr]

..just in case she should drop by for tea.[face_flag] [/color][/b]

2. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    If their Queen ever drops by my house...she can expect to see the good ol' stars and stripes proudly flying! Period!

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Well, of course here we would fly our flag. We kicked their hiney...but everywhere else......

Don't tell the Wizard I said that.;) [face_shhh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.