Facts.

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthStothe, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe Jedi Master

star 2
    This post is about facts that we know about Episode III. I am not sure if there are any other posts like this, so if there are, put up a link to it and close this thread. Anyway, here are some facts we know about Episode III: (Please, facts only, and no speculations. Also, have proof to back up your facts.)

Fact: Obi-Wan becomes a general and serves Bail Oragana in the clone wars.

Proof: Leia's messege in ANH. Leia: General Kenobi, years ago you served my father (she thought her father was Bail Oragana) in the clone wars...

Fact: Obi-Wan doesn't own a droid.

Proof: Obi-Wan in ANH. Obi-Wan: I don't seem to recall ever owning a droid.

Fact: Annakin and Padme have two twins: Leia and Luke.

Proof: Everyone knows it anyway, why explain?

Fact: R2 and 3P0 have their memories erased.

Proof: R2 and 3P0 do not remember Obi-Wan, Annakin, Owen, Beru, ect...

Fact: Annakin is injured somehow.

Proof: When Vader's face is revealed, it shows numerous scars.

Fact: Annakin becomes mostly machine somehow.

Proof: Obi-Wan in ANH. Obi-Wan: He's more machine, now, than man...

Fact: The twins (Luke and Leia) are split up.

Proof: Luke lived on Tattoine as a farmboy, never knowing about Leia. Leia lived on Alderaan and became part of the Imperial Senate. She didn't know about Luke.

Fact: Padme does NOT die.

Proof: Leia has memories of Padme.

Fact: The Jedi die out and go into hiding.

Proof: Obi-Wan in ANH. Obi-Wan: Now, the Jedi are all but extinct.

Fact: Palpatine become the Emperor.

Proof: Chancellor Palpatine... Emperor Palpatine... need I say more?

Fact: Anyone shown in the OT will not die.

Proof: The OT takes place farther in time than the PT, so the people in the PT who are also in the OT will not die.

Any more, anyone?
  2. TK_Four_Two_One Force Ghost

star 5
    FACT! Episode III is before ANH and after AOTC! :)
  3. pkloa Force Ghost

star 4
    forum rules say look in the first 5 pages. i can't see anything there 9 though i do remember something like this...), so let's enjoy and speculate!
  4. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    There is controversy over whether Padme will die in Episode III. It is not entirely guaranteed that she'll live on. But otherwise you're right. If only everybody else backed up their 'facts' with evidence.
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
  6. son-of-skywalker13 Force Ghost

star 2
    isnt this a spoiler?????? i may be wrong but .....
  7. Boba_Phat Jedi Master

star 4
    No, because all of the information he mentioned can be gathered from the original trilogy.
  8. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    Padme does die. She is too important to the story to have her fate left to the EU. Leia could have memories from a very young age due to her force abilities. We don't know how old she is when Padme dies.
  9. Sophita Jedi Master

star 4
    Fact: R2 and 3P0 have their memories erased.

Proof: R2 and 3P0 do not remember Obi-Wan, Annakin, Owen, Beru, ect...

3P0 does, but we don't have proof R2 does.

10. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree with Niktosrule, there has to be an explanation of Padme's death. They have to show what happens to her.
  11. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6

So that's a fact now huh? I don't think so, that's still rooted deeply in the speculation catergory.
  12. Twi_Ton_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    As to the Leia/Padme' subject:

Suppose Padme' is separated from Anakin early on in the movie and has the baby.........................Or, maybe before the movie even begins!!!!!!!!That would explain the memories. Remember:

"She was very beautiful but seemed...sad."
    Leia Organa (Skywalker)
  13. Sophita Jedi Master

star 4
    They're seperated before the twins are born-Anakin/Vader doesn't learn he has a son til after ANH, and he only learns about Leia in ROTJ.
  14. 5darth2maul1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Padme will die in Episode III. As mentioned before, she just has to...

521 :)
  15. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Sad but true, Padme most likely dies.
    Nice list of facts, one more to add:

Fact: Episode 3 will be the last ever Star Wars film

16. rich_meister Jedi Master

star 4
    Fav: Padme Is Hot.
    Proof: Look at that body!
  17. Jedi_XPo Jedi Padawan

padme most likley will die in episode 3, and she could die when leia is still very young. I mean leia did say that she remembers only feelings mostly about her mother, emotions, not that much about what she looked like. She said she was sad and so on, and babies would be able to know when their own mother is sad or not. and then the fact that leia is very strong with the force comes into play, she manages to keep these feelings in her mind, until she unlocks them whenever she tries, and she also did say something that implied that she had to dig deep in her mind...but this is all my two cents.
  18. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4

Proof: Leia has memories of Padme.

Leia's memories prove nothing about whether Padme dies. Leia can remember if Lucas wants her to; her age matters not. Let's not forget that Luke found Dagobah "familiar."
  19. 4-LOSW Jedi Knight

star 1

Fact-I am going to spend a boatload of cash on toys,books and other stuff when May 2005 arrives.

20. SpaceRonin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Padme will not die on screen. Leia remembers her and Luke does not. Don't forget that Obi-Wan tries to change Anakin back to the light side also.

Proof: "Obi-Wan once thought as you do."

21. PDZSY Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why does everyone think that just becuase Leia had memories of her mother, she has to be 4 or 5 before Padme' gets killed. You forget that Leia is a Jedi, just like Luke, and she could be just as powerful if she trained hard enough. Don't you think that Jedi, since they're more attuned to the Force, could be able to remember things better then regular beings. Also, in ROTJ, Leia does not say she REMEMBERS her mother, all she says is this (and I quote this exactly): "She died when I was VERY YOUNG. I only RECALL A LITTLE...FEELINGS,really...IMAGES. She was very beautiful. GENTLE, and KIND...but SAD."

All of the capitalized words are evidence that she did not have to be past a year old to have IMAGES of her mother. I'll elaborate on the capitalized words:

VERY YOUNG: She said her mother died when she was very young. Very young would mean 1 or 2 years old, maybe even less for someone with Force ability.

RECALL A LITTLE: "Recall" means that she has to search her memories, not that she just remembers. When she did recall it, it was only "a little."

FEELINGS: This one just did it for me. Jedi always talk about feeling the Force flowing through everything around you. If Leia had Jedi abilities when she was young, she would have been able to feel her mother and her mother's emotions.

IMAGES: This is another good one. An image is not a memory, it is a frozen picture in one's mind, but it doesn't have a lot of depth to it like memories do. Get what I'm saying, Leia didn't have solid, concrete memories of her mother, she had images of her mother buried deep within her mind that only the use of the Force can unlock.

GENTLE/KIND: These two words kind of go together. They are traits that we all know Padme' has. Obviously, if Leia was able to feel Padme' with the Force, she would sense her characterization traits.

SAD: Like I said earlier, she could sense emotions. People seem to think babies are so dumb and helpless, but let me tell you something. Babies can sense when they're mom is feeling sad, and a baby with the Force could do this easily. Padme' was of course, feeling sad at the time because of obvious reasons.

What I'm trying to say is Leia was not a normal baby, she had special powers. Have you ever wondered why she grew up to be such a great diplomat? Maybe the answer to that question is that she has great long and short-term memory skills powered by the Force. I hope very much so that Padme's death is shown on screen, as I have said before, she is too much of an important character to just fade away. She deserves (even more then Mace) a dramatic death. I sure hope more then ever that the Force is with George Lucas in his decision on Padme's death.

To sum this all up, Leia does not have to be as old as we think she does to have images of her mother.

P.S. You can go over to my thread entitled: "Leia did not have to have been very old to retain some memories of her mother." to discuss this whole Padme'/Leia issue more in-depth.
  22. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Padme will not die on screen. Leia remembers her and Luke does not.

You don't seem to understand. That doesn't follow. Let's just say for argument's sake that Lucas goes ahead and kills off Padme. Will Return of the Jedi then "contradict" Episode III? Of course not! Leia will remember whatever Lucas says she can. This is not a real world, it's a galaxy far far away.
  23. TenorAprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    Padme issue aside...
    Back to the Droids.

I am not sure that we "know" that 3P0 will have his memory erased.

Proof: he still uses phrases like "thank the
    maker"

Theory: 3P0 has an inlaid security clearance system, where what he can say/appears to know is dependant upon whom he is speaking to. For example, in ANH, he mentions the princess when on the ship, but then when Luke asks who she is, he says that he is not quite sure??? So, either he is lying (odd for a droid who is trying to get R2 to trust Luke), he had his memory wiped by the Jawas, or he can only access certain memory when dealing with certain people.

Another note...3P0 has still not been in contact with Obi-Wan that we have seen. Perhaps I am completely wrong in this idea, and GL is not going to have him meet old Ben till ANH.
  24. rich_meister Jedi Master

star 4
    FACT: Nataile is still quite good loookin.
  25. Dahk_Mahstuh Jedi Padawan

I am very glad to see that I am not the only one to think R2's memory stays intact. There is nothing to suggest otherwise (well, almost) and it just seems to work with his personality of going off and doing things on his own that he would not tell 3PO that he recognized the characters from the PT.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.