main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton FADA - Fans Against Dead Anakins.............

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by major_jedi_failure, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    truthfully, now, how many of you think that killing anakin solo is acceptable?

dammit, kill jaina, all she's good for is starting up threesomes with the likes of kyp and jag...and wes janson (before he finds out who's niece she is).

anakin was the most developed character aside from luke, mara or some vong. he was so hyped up...as if he was gonna single handedly kill the vong...delray should be sued and congressionally investigated for harbouring alien writers...kill anakin...mother f#$@ers...

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Easy...easy now...it's all right. ;)

(Careful, I don't want to end up editing your posts for bad language.)

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Keep reading, it gets better (and funnier).

Everyone must die at some point. I think it was better for Anakin to die, and discover something about the Force, than I would be for Luke to die right now...

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Even though I know in my heart of hearts that he is dead, I am still holding out some sort of small measly hope that he is still alive.

Something about the way that his death was worded struck me as funny... unfortunately I got Star by Star from the Library so I don't have it with me to quote...

But something about the way the Vong were handling his body is what got me thinking that... and if you recall, Luke was "dead" in the Jedi Academy series...

Although it has been a few books now and they all think he is dead... I guess I just have to accept the reality that he will probably stay that way.

And I agree, he was one of the most dynamic, exciting, and had the most potential of all the characters in the NJO...

Silly writers... I wasn't all that impressed when they killed off Chewie either; I know that characters have to die, but hell, it's fiction - they can do whatever they want. It might not be all that believable that all the characters survive the impossible odds all the time, but I am willing to go that extra millimeter into the realm of disbelief, considering it is ALL made up :)

If they kill Lando or Wedge, I'm outta there... :D

Indy

5. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    NO ITS NOT ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

killing anakin stole all the flavour from the new jedi order series...i mean come on, who actually ENJOYED reading dark journey...

6. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Ok now that my expanded universe reading has been spoiled forever . . .

I like Jaina. I'm even going to name my daughter after her one day. I don't know what she's like as an adult because I haven't gotten that far yet but these characters are aging people and the saga has to continue right? They can bring back Anakin any time they please. Have you let that whole cloning thing go right over your head? They cloned Luke, and the emperor, they clone and clone and makes me think George had a thing with sheep but that's a different story.
    Point is, theoretically they could clone everyone and start all over again but do you really want Star Wars to become a soap opera? It needs to end sooner or later right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.