main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Failure to Comply May Result in Wookie Arm Ripping. [Short Assassin Tale with the Solos and an OC]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Calandria, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Failure to Comply May Result in Wookie Arm Ripping

Author: Cala
    Timeframe: post ROTJ
    Characters: the Solos and and OC
    NOTE: I know the conicidences are sometimes a tad much... but hey... this is fiction :D

Three Weeks Prior

Merat Kavin strolled down the small bedrock level side alley. Occasional drops of what must have once been water on the upper levels dripped down onto him, reminding him once again why he wears a floor length cloak with hood and a breathing mask. Every last piece of his clothing was impermeable to water. He couldn't understand those beings who just simply put up with the filthy scum dripping down on them.

Further along the short alley, smoke billowed out into the dank street from one of the many lower level tap caf's the local peacekeepers tended to avoid. It didn't seem to matter who was in charge up top side. Nothing ever changed down here. The laws of the strongest applied, until someone yet stronger arrived and then those laws ruled. The weak could only bow down and say and amen.

Stepping down into the smoky interior he scanned the crowd. Passing over graying work forces with no energy left at the end of the day to cause trouble and small time criminals who knew to keep their place, he quickly spotted the man in charge and offered a slight nod of respect. Eventually, he settled into one of the dark corner booths, ordering a drink, waiting for his contact to show up.

Not bothering to stifle the smile hidden behind his mask, he watched as a bureaucrat in disguise marched in. Wearing the clothes of a conman down on his luck, shabby cloak à la Lando Calrissian and dirt stained silk shirt, he stood out like a fist on an eye. His movements stiff after years of bowing and scraping to those in power up above, he walked, very much like stormtroopers, to stand before him, unused to the slinking movements of those used of living in the dark.

?Ser Merat Kavin?? The cultured core accent rang a bell of alarm. Either he was an imperial bureaucrat left over and pardoned after the change in power, or he was in imperial from the imperial remnants out to cause trouble for the Rebellion. Either way, as long as he paid Merat would work for him.

?Yeah. You Trevis?? Nodding once, the man sat down in the seat opposite, his back to the room. No half way say criminal would ever risk having his back unwatched and exposed like this. But then again, this was a bureaucrat.

?My masters have a job for you.? A scrap of flimsy appeared in his hand and soon found its way into Merat's hand. Only the name of his target was hastily scribbled on it. Glancing down at the three words, he smiled at Trevis.

?I hope your masters can afford her death.?

?Naturally?

?I want two millions in advance, and again the same sum when the job is completed. All in unnumbered Republic Credit chips.?

?I cannot approve or refute your demand at this time. I must first contact my masters. But confirmation will be sent to you through the same channels as those used to arrange this meeting.? Then the man stood and left as obviously as he'd come, leaving Merat to smile over the name of his next prey.

The Day

He rarely ventured up to the ruling levels of Coruscant. He didn't feel comfortable with those temporarily in power. In his opinion, all governments were temporary, and would soon enough be replaced with something else. The only times he did venture up were when a contract demanded it of him. Such as this one. One week ago he'd received confirmation that his demands would be met, along with 2 million credits in unnumbered republic currency. For two days he scouted out the building in which is prey lived. No easy task considering how well guarded it was. Watching guards change shift and cleaning droids come and go he came up with and discarded as many plans as Wookies had hair. Blowing up the building was out of the question, too messy and inelegant on top of it. Killing her while she was on her way to work with a vibroblade in the back was too risky. S

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Yup! Don't mess with a Wookiee! Fainting would be the best way to deal with Chewie!! :D

3. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    :D

and he is a top notch assassin... scary things those wookies :D

4. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    Great story- never mess with chewie or bye-bye.

Loved it

MJSLSBS

5. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Thanks.

Chewie's one of my favorites. Even as a little girl he fascinated me (and everybody else was scared of him.) I wanted one just like him :D

6. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    Sweet! I love it when Chewie actually gets something to do beside just standing there. Good job! ;)

7. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003

And then he couldn't even do more than glower cause the idot faintet tsk tsk :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.