Before - Legends Faith for the Family - ~OC~ - Updated ~finaly~ May 20, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cyber_SkyForce, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This thing uses origanal charters. If'n you didn't read the tital by anychance. :D Ok i'll give you a summery then we'll see where she flies

Summery- Simallian Kon'Cad is on a misson to find the man that haunts her dreams, and elusive Jedi that wields a lighsablre that Sim now finds in her possesion. To find him she must first learn the ways of a theif.

So hopefully this'll go fast. If it doesn't well... hopefully it will.
  2. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter One
    Dreaming Again

The flash,

A dark room, two men, one woman. The first man is younger, a bit thin but with vibrant blond hair cut short. The other man was older with graying hair a moustache that is nicely trimmed. A woman who looks tired and sickly lays on the bed. Her breaths came in short but even puffs that promise recovery. Her hair is plastered to her face with sweat, as if she had just run miles upon miles. The men are whispering with the woman making an occasional comment. They where resigned to something, almost despairing. A small girl child sits in the corner, two dolls in her hands, wanting to play but knowing that she shouldn't.
    The man approaches to pick up the girl. Dropping the dolls she runs to him, knowing instinctively that she will be safe in his arms. He carries her to the older man kisses her head then gives her over to him. His hands are wrinkled but steady as they support her weight. He held the girl down near the woman and she reaches up and touched the girls golden locks. The effort seemed to drain what strength that she had left. She falls back on the bed with a small sigh.
    The old man turns away quickly, the tears gleaming suddenly in his eyes. He doesn't want the woman to see his tears, his sorrow. The door suddenly slides open, the harsh hallway light stinging the eyes of the rooms occupants. Red bolts flash and the man holding the girl falls with blackened holes in his back. The child rolls away, rolls into a wall where she stands quickly back up. The younger man brings out a curious tube and a bright gold-silver blade springs forth from it. He runs to where the child stands, her eyes leaking tears and staring at the man that had fallen. The women tries to sit up, tries to help but is shot down with angry red bolts. The smell reaches the girl, it is the smell of charred flesh.
    The blade spins in the mans hand. Tearing her eyes away from the charred body of the older man the girl sees a wild gleam in the mans eyes. They leak tears but also send forth spears of anger. A dozen more red flashes, the golden blade reaches to block as many bolts as it can, sending them back towards the doorway.
    Machines appear. Curious odd shaped droids. They slip in by the twos forming two lines destined to grow till they surround the pair. The man swears, he knows what is going on. His shinning blade descends to meet another bolt. Suddenly he cries out, "Run, Kisa," The child, Kisa, hears but does not react.. The man yells again over the whine of the bolts and hissing of the blade, "Kisa, get to the back door, run get out of here!" Kisa runs sobbing to the door, blaster bolts follow her every step. The man isn't following.
    The door open under her touch and she dashes out. She runs down the hallway desperate to escape. She looks back, nothing has followed her, not even the man. Despite her fears she must find what has happened to him, she runs back to the door, it still stands open. The man is fighting desperately surrounded on three sides with droids with blasters. They have scored on him many times, his right arm is badly burned. The droids pause for a moment. More droids file in. Step by slow step they form another horseshoe around the man. All twenty-four blasters rested momentarily on him he closed his eyes. A dark presence filled the room, and Kisa cowers from its power the slimy hand of evil that reaches out to her touched her then passed by. All the droids fell back a dark lighting still playing around the edges, the man had fallen also, the evil lightning dieing from his hands. The Curious tube rolled past the droids till it rested at her feet. She picked it up and thumbed the on switch as the man had done.
    Startled Kisa drops it, and the life dies. Then a sound, and more droids pour in. She grabs the tube again and runs for her life this time. She runs till she reaches a room that opens to her touch. The sounds of pursuit echo in her ears. The door slides open revealing an empty room. She climbs in and the door shuts behi
  3. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter Two
    Discovery

"Sim, Simallian! Wake up girl, you've got work to do!" My eyes come slowly open, still foggy with the dream ringing in my head. Mother is standing over me, I blink a few times then sit up. "Sim, today you've got to get up. The convoy leaves in an hour."
    I bolt up my dream momentarily forgotten. I grab my clothes and pull them on, noticing they don't go together just as I finish getting them on. Mom stands taping her food impatiently. When I stand up blushing because of the mismatched clothes, I notice she is already dressed up. Every inch of her looks like a professional merchant I thought, She isn't going to like this. She eyes me and nods, I start. "Good enough, for a x-wing pilot." Pilot? What was she talking about?
    She cracked a smile at my puzzled face. "Yes you're going as a x-wing pilot. I," she stopped cleared her throught in an ashamed manner, "was going to have you go as an overseer but another matter came up."
    "Another matter?" What could come up on one of moms ships? She kept those things under tight guard. Not to mention surveillance.
    "I believe, no I know we have a thief on one of my ships. The Alamaster cargo holder to be exact." Mother loved to be exact. "Some of my cargo has gone missing, I don't have any evidence of a theft but? there is no way I could have lost it. That leaves theft."
    If mother wouldn't name that cargo that only meant one thing. "They took the glisseran didn't they?" That was the only cargo mom would be upset about.
    "Yes, and I need you to find who it was."
    "Me?"
    "Yes you, if I put you in the crews way then you're going to intercept something that the overseer or I can't." she added the I ruefully, mother was famous for rooting out spies and thieves. The Republic had asked for her assistance, discreetly of course. They didn't know her side missions. "You are going to fly that x-wing of yours," mother didn't like my flying a broke down x as she called it. "You are going to make friends on the Alamaster and root out this thief. I can't afford to pay my supplier for lost gilisseran."
    I laughed, mother could easily pay for three shipments of stolen gilisseran. One shipment taken would only put her back a little. Her only real worry was that someone she didn't trust knew that she was a smuggler.
    "when you find this thief I want you to bring them back here. I want them to 'teach' me how they could steal something and me or mine not notice it right away."
    "Well if they can steal from you they must be accomplished."
    "I suggest you get a droid to pack some clothes for you, you need to be down at the docking bay in forty-five minuets. " Mother turned. That was a dismissal if I had ever heard one. She didn't hug me but started to walk away. At the threshold of my door she paused. Walking back, she opened my closet and drew out a silver cylinder that sparkled in the little light of the room. She tossed it to me and only my reactions kept me from dropping it. She wasn't suppose to know that was there! Only I had ever seen that cylinder. I kept it hidden and not even mom should have been able to find it. "Take this with you, you never know when a lightsabre will come in handy. If our thief gives you trouble use this, its less conspectus then blaster marks." Before I could ask her how she had know, or had guessed, she was gone, my door sliding closed behind her.
    I almost collapsed the bed my head a-wearl. Barley keeping my feet under me I rolled the lightsabre in my hands. A sudden thought accrued to me and I threw the saber away from me, as if it had become a snake that was bout to bite me. The silver cylinder landed on the bed unhurt.
    It had scratches on its side that suggested that it had once rolled on a unfinished floor once. It had marks that suggested that it had once been used to block blaster bolts though the black marks had been wiped maliciously off. I racked my brain. Had I ever held the thing right after I had waken up? I couldn't think of any times I had.
    The dream came floo
  4. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    A promising start, Cyber! Just two recommendations:

Put a blank space between each paragraph. It breaks up the text and makes it easier for people to read. Easy to read=more readers. :)

Secondly, you've got the "present tense" in your first chapter, and the "past tense" in the second chapter. Is this a deliberate choice, style-wise?

This is interesting. Sim is NOT a Jedi, but she's got a lightsaber and having dreams about Jedi. So this is jumping back & forth between the prequels & the OT? I kind of liked the mom, too. It's nice that she has faith in her daughter, and believes that she is competent enough for this mission!

"I believe, no I know we have a thief on one of my ships. The Alamaster cargo holder to be exact." Mother loved to be exact.

Great line! [face_laugh] Love the dry sense of humor.
  5. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I ment to keep it in the present tense for both chapters. I just had a few problems and thats how it turned out. I'm trying to change it back to present for the third chapter but... we'll see how that blows over. I'll put the spaces in. Thanx
  6. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    So? When do we get Chapter 3? Soon (I hope)? :)
  7. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
  8. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sorry It took so long. I'm travaling and finding a computer with the net was HARD! here's three

Chapter Three
    Leave Taking

Sky Born sat in the sun, her well worn casing dancing merrily in the light. A voice behind me spoke, ?there she stands, she still gleams in the sunlight.? I twirled knowing who had spoken. It was Hal the convoy ship master. He was the one that mother employed to keep things running while the convoys where off having fun. ?She is still as beautiful as the day we dragged her out of the scrap heaps.? He threw me a wink and sauntered closer. ?What is our little mistress Sim up to today? From the position of Sky you?ll be going with the Alamaster won?t you??

?Hal, Hal, Hal,? I imitated the long draw ? You know I was bent on going with them, ?leastways mom was bent on me going. Now I?m just going in Sky and not with the regular transports.? Clasping his hand we welcomed each other. It was a game, almost ,to see who could get the last word.

?Little Sim, the day I thought your mother would let you fly with her permission is the day I said I?d die. I guess I?ll go arrange my grave now.? Grinning Hal walked with me to Sky Born. Reaching her he lowered his voice. ?Girlie, I have a warning for you, your mother is dealing in some strong stuff as you know.? He was talking about the spice, ?Well, theirs been talk around the port that the Jedi?s are getting a interested in stopping the trade completely. They say they?ll have evidence soon.? Pausing he sends a look around the port to see if we?re being watched. ?Sim, you need to stop that info from getting there, I know your mission. Your mother briefed me, said if one thing happened to ?that scrap of junk born in hell? she?d fry me and my crew. If that info gets out she?ll be dragged to the courts and Me?n my we?ll be out jobs.?

?Hal,? I began, but he hushed me to be quiet. I persisted, ?Hal, Who could get this info??

?Why girlie, Only another Jedi.? His demeanor turned smiley again. ?Now you get yourself into that cockpit. I?ll put your things in the Ala, they?ll be in the loading bay for you to pick up when you dock. I?m sure the Fires will greet you when you get there. Have fun Sim!? Ending abruptly he sauntered away, leaving no time for me to yell good bye. Grinning I hopped into the cockpit.

Kiki my arto unit was already in position. ?Kiki, I?m starting to think this job will be bigger then we ever imagined.? She twittered a smart remark and I barked a laugh. ?Dang right there, How close are we to launch?? Another twitter ?10 minuets, I was cutting it short now wasn?t it?? Twitter, ?ok, ok! I get the picture!? My dashboard turned her twittering into words. Kiki only barley alerted me in time to turn on my com that I would be receiving a incoming message soon. The crackling on my com was limited. The voice coming through strong and clear left no hint of its authority.

?Alamaster calling, Sky Born.?

?This is Sky Born, Alamaster.?

?Very good, Welcome. We will be lifting off soon. Our sensors show that the Sky is not yet ready to lift off. I suggest you start warm-up procedures.? Yes sir, Whatever sir, shall I lick your shoes too sir? I cut off that line of thought. No need too have bad thoughts of my superiors. ?As the newest part of our little squadron? Dang I think he is the only person who could make squadron into a swear word! ?You will receive a complete rule book. You will need to read it and obey. Any breaking of the rules will be harshly punished. Your ship will be repossessed, all money you have with you will be confiscated and a fine will be levied agnest you. We will be stopping momentary along our route to pick up the x-wings.

Your ship will be checked when you arrive onboard to prevent any illicit smuggling activates. We frown on any smuggling and will report you to the proper officials should any be found.? Well? mother was right, not everyone knows what this ship really does. She would go into hysterics if she knew this ship he?s condemning smugg
  9. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh, thanks, Cyber, that is much easier to read!

This is getting good! I like the change in tone with dialogue, too; helps make all the characters unique.

Especially liked this: Your mother briefed me, said if one thing happened to ?that scrap of junk born in hell? she?d fry me and my crew. I can just hear it!

So Sim's mom is into shady doings, eh? Sim has to keep that info from the Jedi, find out who's raiding the ships and figure out where the lightsaber came from? Wow!

Okay, I'll be waiting for more, when you can find another computer!
  10. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter Four
    The Fires

?Fire Six, this is two. We?ll be coming out of hyperspace in a minuet. As it seems you?ve been put into my care for now I think I?ll lay down some laws we have.?

?Laws? As in rules?? I thought I had gotten the rules already, and read through them in the long hyperspace jump.

?Six, ignore any rules he gives you. I?ll fill you in on any the Ala reports might have left off.?

?Hey now! You?re running my fun. Lead put her in my charge out here not yours three.? The voice sounded mildly indignant. Only mildly though.

?Lead, permission to shoot two when this hyperspace jump is over.?

?Granted, just so long as we can still have a working snub fighter when you?re done.? Lead sounded perfectly reasonable but I could detect some laughter in his voice. Deciding to brake in I pressed the com button.

??Scue me but, who is going to give me the lay down? Once you?re all done ageing over who dies when we exit hyperspace of course, wouldn?t want to interrupt.?

?This is four. Don?t worry six; they?ll quiet down once we get on a channel the Ala can hear too. I?ll take you if you don?t think you can handle Twos um? lively sense of humor. Lead??

?Denied. Jal I think she?ll do just fine with two. Maybe she?ll be able to shut him up! Be better then we could do.?

?I?ll do my best sir. Though for my first mission it seems a little extreme.? If this squadron put up with Two?s remarks then I?ll be safe with a few barbs myself.

?Coming out of hyperspace in 3 ? 2 ? 1. Real space, if the banter would please subside before we over takes the Ala?? The terse tones pointed to Fire Five.

I looked at my inurnments; kiki once again had taken care of the real-space reentry. ?Thanks kiki.? Twitter, ?Wouldn?t be good for me to forget reentry.? She twittered again, with laughter.

The star lines around me shrank and became the dots they where regularly. I bit back a sigh. Coming our of hyperspace was always such a let down. The calm assurances of hyperspace dimmed to the dearly reality of real space. The com crackling and two?s voice broke my revere. ?Two to Six, the Ala is right in front of you. The hanger is on the opisate side.? His voice was all business but for how long I couldn?t tell. ?You?ll park first and we?ll all follow you in numerical order. When we get boarded we?ll finally be able to see you for the first time.?

?And if she?s pretty you?ll go along with the wooing you plan, yea, yea, yea, we know. Watch out for him Six.? That was four again.

Swinging sky around to the other side of the ala I saw the opening that would except our x-wings. This isn?t really the time for showing off now is it? Na, think I?ll just let it go. ?Kiki, take us in. I don?t think this thing was made for human fliers. Maybe you?ll be able to make sense of this whole thing.? The hanger was shaped like a large snake. There where seven plots for x-wings, do I take the six plot or the seven plot?

?Six, you?ll take the number seven plot, we?re ready when you want to get going.?

Twitter, kiki wasn?t going to take this for me. Oh well, guess I?ll put myself down. You?re no help Kiki I thought at her. I twitched the stick and glided into the hanger. Settling Sky down I watched the flight of the rest of the x-wings. They flew in fast and where all boarded within three minuets of me. The hanger doors closed and the air rushed in filling the cargo bay and regularizing the pressure. Mechanics came rushing in to take the Arto units out of their slots.

I slid out of Sky and climbed to the floor. Kiki was being lowered down next to me. I gazed around and noticed the other pilots similarly getting out of their ships. Looking them over I tried to mach a face with the voices I had heard. Five climbed precisely, as if anything went wrong it wouldn?t be because of him. He looked as if he would follow the rules anywhere. Four was a man with dark hair the moved with grace that belied his big frame. Three was the female of the group. She was
  11. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    With friends like this... [face_laugh] With these pilots around, this mission won't be boring!
  12. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Finaly the rest of it. Think i'm sick of the desert though. Sorry for the spelling mastakies (sp?) I'm the word class worst speller.

?I?ll remember that.? A feeling of kinship swept over me in an instant his blue eyes seemed so familiar. Shaking off the feeling I gave him my hand. His grasp was firm and belied any age markings on him. ?I suppose I know all your names now I got to tell you mine. I?m Sim Lanad.? By now Sam had come back from his sojourn with the Ala?s floor.

?Well my little Sim,? He threw his arm over my shoulder ? I guess it?s time for me to show you around.?

?Nope, Its lights out here. You know the rules Sam .? Frank stepped in. ?Kallie, show Sim to your room. She?ll need the rest for her first day on the Alamaster tomorrow.? Frank turned his attention to me. ?Sorry we can?t give you your own room but room is a little tight in a ship like the Ala. They only grudgingly give us ship room.? I knew mom was disrespectful of pilots but I didn?t think that much! Hun. I?ll have to talk to her about that when I see her next.

??Night.? Frank, Jal, and Muind dragged Sam away.

?Come on, we?d best get some sleep. Frank was right, they ? The ship owners ? Don?t give us pilots much room to breathe. The boys all get their own room though it?s a bit larger. Confiscated a storeroom they did. There I go now chatting off your ear.? Kallie stopped talking for a second. Taking advantage of the silence I asked a question.

?What?ll happen to Kiki??

?Kiki? Oh your astromec. Let me see, usually they just stay by the ships. I think she?s already having some fun with Jal?s little Atom.? True to her words Kiki was twittering with a strange astromec. Kallie opened a door that led to a small room with two small beds. ?These will be our ?quarters?.? She handed me a small card. ?This is the key that?ll let you into the rooms. Don?t let Sam get his hands on it; he?s our computer expert. It sales not copy able but he can do anything if you give him a second. There I go again chatting away. Tell me to shut up please? She was smiling so I thought a small gibe wouldn?t go amiss.

?Shut up? She laughed but held her toungh. ?Which bed is mine??

?Choose, these are new quarters for me too. Just threw my bags on before she lifted off.?

?Top defently. Bottom looks to inviting.? I threw my bad on top and climbed up after it.

?Self-punishment hun? Why?s that??

?Never said it was self punishment, I think Sam?ll like the bottom one better!? She laughed and I settled into the bed. My eyes where hurting. That?s strange I thought. I left in early morning. It shouldn?t be any latter then twelve noon now. Leaning over the side I looked at Kallie, ?Kallie??

?Call me Kall, everyone does.?

?Sure, Kall, Why the heck are we going to bed right now? Isn?t it noon courisont ~ sp? ~ time?? She laughed at my puzzlement.

?Guess the game is up. We try it on every new recruit. You?re right it is still awake time.?

?Ok, I agree I?ve just been royally had.? I slithered out of my bed. ?What now??

?Now? Now we go and meet the Ala.?
  13. Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    NICE work so far, keep itup. interesting idea with creating new characters.
  14. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, her new roomie sounds nice. Sounds like she'd better keep an eye on Sam, though!
  15. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter Five
    The Alamaster

"Kallie, question, Why the sleep trick?"

She thought for a second then came with her reply. "We - The pilots - have been settled with a lot of pilots don't really know their jobs. Corrisant requires all merchants to keep a guard. Weather of ships like the Ala does or with her own guns it doesn't matter. We just tried to keep Six of us here, though the Ala can carry seven." She paused to gather her breath. "We've noticed that some of the pilots are either spies or just junk not fit to fly in out wing." I turned my head away, but that?s what I am I almost protested. I'm a spy too but you guys don't seem to mind! "With the 'test' we get to see if they are going to go sneak around if they think we're asleep. We also see if they are smart enough to figure out it isn't really time to snooze. I was afraid for a minet that you had. Failed that is."

"What would you have done if I'd failed?"

"I would turn you over to Sam." She winked and we laughed.

"Defentaly a fate worse then death."

Sharing a laugh we rounded a corner. The boys sat lounging obviously waiting for someone. "Guess you passed didn't you?"

"Yep, 'nother question, what now?"

Jal took up the conversation. "Now? Now I introduce you to the Ala, the other esteemed members of this squadron," Sam puffed up mockingly "excluding Sam in the esteemed portion of that, will go about their business."

"Now Jal, are you sure about this. I think Sim and I need some alone time." Sam put his arm around me and pulled me close. Jal was about to speak but I motioned him silent.

"Sam, as much as I would love, to stay with you, I think I'll pass." The sarcasm played plainly in my voice. "I think Kallie would much rather keep you company" Grabbing Jal by the arm I ducked behind the nearest corner and ran, Jal running with me. A strangled squeak flowed us down and Sam yelled as Kallie twisted his arm away from her.

We stopped running when we where far enough away that we couldn't hear Sam's yells of pain. Jal doubled over laughing, tears streaming over his face. He pointed at me but couldn't say anything over the laughter. His laughter started me laughing and we both sat for long minuets just laughing. Finally he rubbed a hand over his face, wiping the tears away.

"That was priceless Sim, utterly priceless! I haven't seen someone pull as good a trick on Kall in forever. Looks like she needed it too." He straitened up and wiped his eyes again. "Got Sam but good too. Bet Frank is enjoying that too." He started walking and I followed behind.

"Muind isn't though?" He frowned but then lightened up.

"Muind isn't exactly the same as the rest of us. He watched as his parents where killed when he was little."

"oh I'm sorry."

"He relives it in his dreams every night. He says he can't remember exactly what happened because he was so young. Now though? when he first joined us this didn't happen but now it does. He isn't tired but he's lost his humor. We keep up hope that maybe he'll be able to get over it but? Its gone on for over a year now."

"He dreams of something he can't remember in waking life?" That was too alike to my story. Thinking back to the dream I waited for his answer.

"Yea, the only reason we know about what the dream is about is 'cause he talks in his sleep. He yells what is happing. When he wakes up all he can remember is being terribly afraid. We haven't told him what he dreams about yet."

"Isn't that kind of cruel? Shouldn't he know what he dreams about? Doesn't he have a right to know?"

"Yes and No. Sam and I really want to tell him but Frank and Kall don't. I think it would lay the ghosts to rest. They think it would only haunt him in waking life and compromise his performance."

While talking Jal had led me down many corridors. "Well that?s enough chit-chat about Muind for now. Let me introduce you to the rest of the crew. Right through his doorway," he held open a door and I went through. "is the mess."

A doz
  16. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Here's the rest. Hope you like. Next chapter will be better i promise.
    Jal and I spent the rest of the day walking around, familizing myself with the Ala. I learned a lot about my fellow squadron members. Frank was an ex military man. Before he had quit he had managed to advance to the rank of major. He said he quit because he had not liked the way the republic handled major military difficulties. Sam had tried to get into the military but had been thrown out on charges of insubordination.

?That?s no surprise.?

?Sam takes it personally, says if he?s getting thrown out then the republic isn?t going to stand long. Says the next generation is gonna be worse then he is.?

?He may be right.?

Kallie was from a failed merchant family, her parents had hopped that she would be able to bring prosperity to the family. They gave that up as soon as they saw she loved to fly and the combat arts. Jal was noticeably silent on the subject of himself. When I asked all he would say was that his wife was dead and that was why he?d hooked up with the Fires.

Jal dropped me off at Kallie and my room. Saying goodbye he left and I went into the room. Kall was already asleep so I changed quietly and crawled into bed.

I tried to plan the next day but my usually organized mind kept returning to Jal. There was something he was hiding. Deciding to figure it out I drifted into sleep.

17. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's about time. I've been waiting for the past 5 minutes or so. ;) . If you havn't noticed I'm a little hyper right now :) :) :)
  18. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    OOOooo, the pilots don't know she's the Big Boss's kid? Sim is smart enough to play it cool. And the animosity between the pilots & the crew doesn't bode well for the mission.

Tension is building! :)
  19. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter Six
    Dream

The flash,

A dark room, two men, one woman. The first man is younger, a bit thin but with vibrant blond hair cut short. The other man was older with graying hair a mustache that is nicely trimmed. A woman who looks tired and sickly lays on the bed. Her breaths came in short but even puffs that promise recovery. Her hair is plastered to her face with sweat, as if she had just run miles upon miles. They are talking quietly.

"They know where you are, you know they won't leave you alone till they have Kisa. They need her, she's the only child they know for sure has the force. She is the only one they can twist to their side. They'll be coming for her." That was the old man talking. A girl sits in the corner. Her dolls lie in her hands forgotten, she listens to the words she can't understand the meaning of..

"We won't let them have her. She's our little girl, we'll keep her safe, I know we can." That was the older man.

The woman struggles to speak, her words are halting at best. "You know we can't do that. Our only hope to keep her safe from them is to get her out of here. We need to let her go.

"I know, I know. I don't like it though. Just look at her, she's our daughter. How can we let her go so easily."

"Letting her go may be the only way to save her."

The man approaches to pick up the girl. Dropping the dolls she runs to him, knowing instinctively that she will be safe in his arms. He carries her to the older man kisses her head then gives her over to him. His hands are wrinkled but steady as they support her weight. He held the girl down near the woman and she reaches up and touched the girls golden locks. The effort seemed to drain what strength that she had left. She falls back on the bed with a small sigh.

The old man turns away quickly, tears gleaming suddenly in his eyes. He doesn't want the woman or the man to see his tears, his sorrow. The door suddenly slides open, the harsh hallway light stinging the eyes of the rooms occupants. Red bolts flash and the man holding the girl falls with blackened holes in his back. The child rolls away, rolls into a wall where she stands quickly back up. The younger man brings out a curious tube and a bright gold-silver blade springs forth from it. He runs to where the child stands, her eyes leaking tears and staring at the man that had fallen. The women tries to sit up, tries to help but is shot down with angry red bolts. The smell reaches the girl, it is the smell of charred flesh.

The blade spins in the mans hand. Tearing her eyes away from the charred body of the older man the girl sees a wild gleam in the mans eyes. They leak tears but also send forth spears of anger. A yell is ripped from his throat. Its an angry shout of rage. A dozen more red flashes, the golden blade reaches to block as many bolts as it can, sending them back towards the doorway.

Machines appear. Curious odd shaped droids. They slip in by the twos forming two lines destined to grow till they surround the pair. The man swears, he knows what is going on. His shinning blade descends to meet another bolt. Suddenly he cries out, "Run, Kisa," The child, Kisa, hears but does not react.. The man yells again over the whine of the bolts and hissing of the blade, "Kisa, get to the back door, run get out of here!" Kisa runs sobbing to the door, blue blaster bolts follow her every step. The man isn't following.

The door open under her touch and she dashes out. She runs down the hallway desperate to escape. The hallway is empty devoid of all occupants. She looks back, nothing has followed her, not even the man. Despite her fears she must find what has happened to him, she runs back to the door, it still stands open. The man is fighting desperately surrounded on three sides with droids with blasters. A grin plays out on his lips, and insane smile. The smile of one destined to die, a fey smile. They have scored on him many times, his right arm is badly burned. The droids pause for a moment. More droids
  20. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Hm, is this a dream Sim will want to discuss? Very creepy and sad.

Despite her fears she must find what has happened to him, she runs back to the door, it still stands open.

Honestly, why is it that in movies where the heroine is in danger and someone tells her to run, she runs THEN STOPS??!!!! Or worse, decides she's going to "help," and gets captured. Grrr...

Strange nightmare, Sim! Let's see how it ties in to the raids on the ships...
  21. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Chapter Seven
    Telling

I told Kall everything. She listened but didn?t say anything till I had finished. She didn?t look surprised at my story. She didn?t look disbelieving either. When I was done we sat quiet for a bit, finally she spoke. ?I suppose Jal told you about Muind?? I nodded the affirmative. ?The way I see it,? she went on, ?is you two seem to be having the same sort of dream. Except he knows his parents where murdered, he just doesn?t remember it. You seem to be calling up images from somewhere else.?

?So you think its just I dream?? For some reason Kallie?s opeion meant a whole lot to me. I didn?t want her to think of me as a child that still had nightmares at night.

?If I hadn?t known Muind before you, I would say that, but because I do know him I don?t.? I wanted her to keep talking but she stopped.

?What do you think this is then?? I prompted.

?I think you?re living someone else?s experience.? The conclusion startled me. How could I relive another?s dream? ?This ?Kisa? seems to be the most likely source, sense you saw it through her eyes.?

?But how could I relive something someone else is dreaming?? I had to ask it seemed important somehow.

?I don?t know. The dreamer might have been a jedi child, you said the man had a lightsabre right??

?Yea.? I was tempted to tell her about the light sabre that was the same color as the mans. What would she say then? But no, I couldn?t tell her. She might still be the one that was stealing the spice from the Ala. I wanted to trust her so bad. My force sense kicked in, telling me she was ok. But no, yet again. I wont. Never, Never throw away a weapon you might sill use.

Kall was talking again, ?You should talk to Muind, he may know a little more about this then we do. It?s almost time to get up anyway, we might as well get up now.? She stood and stretched. I stood also.

?I think I?ll do that.? Soon I repeated to myself, very soon.

We got dressed then headed out. The mess room was the first stop for breakfast. We still had a few days in hyperspace so the pilots would had time to kill. Kall had some checkups to do on her ?wing so went to the docking bay. That left me alone to wander. Deciding to make the best of the free time I found my way back to our rooms and picked up the Jedi Chronicles. Might as well try to figure out who this dream Jedi was.

Well... If the Heroine didn't run how would she get into trouble then? Stands to reason
  22. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Latter she still sat in bed, the last Chronicle sitting open. So far there where three men that matched the dream man. Dul El Romath - Dead. Carbathin Jalamin - listed Missing, never found and Kaniath Ranbed - living still. I flipped the last few pages of the last chronicle. Then Closed it with a snap. The info on those three had been sketchy at best. The first two chronicles hadn't had any but the last one had had all three. Dul El Romath was from Alderaan, Carbathin Jalamin from Corellia and Kaniath Ranbed from Targonn. Other then if they where living and where they had come from and a picture it hadn't had any more clues.

Well? That was NOT helpful. Any three of the men could be the man from the dreams. My stomach rumbled. Least I know what time it is. A knock came at the door. "Come on in!" I yelled.

Jal opened the door. "Sim, you noticed it's past lunch yet?"

"I was just about to go get some." I jumped lightly from the bed. "How late am I?"

"Not too late, the shifts just changed so there'll be a lot of crew people about," he paused, "including Anston." Disgust played in his voice. "Take it from me Sim, he isn't someone you want on you're tail. He has some very good friends up high and you never know what strings he'll pull and to what end."

We started walking for the mess "Well it seems to be that he doesn't already like us because of our piloting skills." Jal laughed at some inner joke.

"That's true. The only thing he was never allowed to do was fly. He claims the flying instructors didn't like him so flunked him on every test. Said he's better then all of us combined and he'd show us if the ship didn't need him so badly on the mechanical side of things."
    "Do you guys know how he flies?" I was curious. It would also be handy to have something to hold over him in need.

"Yes," Jal sounded positively gleeful. "we have a tape of one of his flying solos. It was in one of the easiest ships not even a fighter like our x's. He flew It right into an empty building that was only one story high and miles across. 'could have missed it but was trying stunts he couldn't do."

"If only I could have seen that!" We where at the mess now. Jal had been right there where a lot of people there, chatting laughing and once in a while solemn. We grabbed some food then sat down to eat.

A voice rose above the sound of all the voices. "? And look at them, they just sit there, they don't even work." It was Anston again. "Paid good enough wages and waste fuel that?s all they do. Can't even turn their hands to real work."

"Ignore him." Frank had come to sit next to us.

"Don't worry, I intend to." He smiled. Kallie, Muind and Sam came to sit down from where every they had been.

"So Sim, now that Jal has told you all our life stories, what about you?" That was frank again. "All we know is that you got picked and put with that beauty of a ship here. And what your name is." Kallie winked, she knew a little more then that.

I thought for a second. What could I tell these people? Not the truth obviously. They would recognize my mothers name. I made up my story as I went along. "Let me see? I was born on Coruscant, Mothers alive, my fathers dead. She's a partner in a small business. A mechanic friend of mine helped me build sky out of a bunch of spare parts he had. Mother got me enrolled in a class to learn how to fly and I've been looking for a piloting job ever since. I got offered this one and jumped at the chance. That's how I ended up here," That should be safe enough. Now just as long as they don't ask mom's name I should be ok.

We ate and Kallie and Sam started to banter back and forth. Soon Jal and Frank joined in. I sat and enjoyed the laughter. I looked around and kept an ear on the conversation in front of me. Strangely I couldn't see Anston anymore. His insults had died down a while ago and he had left.

"Hey, I've got a question really quick, when are people like Anston suppose to be back at their stations after lunch?"
  23. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ooo, I hope she can remember all the details of her cover story! The pilots seem like nice guys; but I'm curious about who's stealing spice. I'm making MY list of suspects... :)
  24. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Have fun, This is taking a little time, school is getting in the way. hopefully later this week i'll have the next bit up.
  25. Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The hallway was long and bare. Doorways hid rooms and people. I stepped lightly. If I was going to catch a thief I needed to be a thief. The soft soles of my shoes made no sound on the metal floor. Someone, a crewmember came out of one of the doorways. She almost ran into me. Suprised she jerked away. ?Oh, I am So sorry. I didn?t mean to walk into you.?

?It?s ok! Could you do me a favor?? Her face was beet red, her eyes wide. Slowly she relaxed and nodded. ?I need to find my way to the cargo area, I had some last minuet stuff thrown in and the loader said it would be in Bay 4.? I waited. She grew wary and even stepped back a bit.

?Why bay 4? Last I checked it was restricted. The more ?fragile? cargoes are stored there.? Her voice had an edge and she stood taller. I desited she must know what that bay held in truth, unlike the rest of the crew.

?That was the last one closed wasn?t it? Hal,? I borrowed his name assuming she would know it. ?Said that the fragile stuff always goes in last to keep it from accidental ?misplacements.?? She caught on to my meaning right away.

?You mean thieves.? Her voice was sharp and without humor. ?Yes, we have been having a problem with them lately. Let me ask you this, how do I know you?re not a thief??

I grinned. This one was smart. I would have to watch my step even more around her. ?You?ll just have to come with me and see what happens, won?t you? Last I checked I wasn?t a jedi who could make you forget things.? She smiled at that.

?Well sense it seems I have no choice, ok.? She started to walk the way I had been going but soon turned a half-hidden corner. ?By the way, what is your name? You must be new or I would have recognized you earlier.? She looked over at me curious again.

?Sim Lanad. I?m the new pilot with the fires.? I wasn?t ready for her next comment.

?So you?re the boss?s kid.? I jerked to a halt but she reached back and pulled me along. ?Yes I DO know who you are. My name is Kinitiy Tiz, the shipment and ?special cargo? manager.? We had reached the cargo bay with its large four over top. A card went into the slot and the door slid open without a murmur. We stepped across the threshold, her going behind me to close the door.

?So you?re mothers smuggler? ? Kinitiy smiled and nodded. ?She mentioned she had one but wouldn?t tell me who you where.?
    ?Course she didn?t tell you who I was. You where suppose to meet me last year but we had an accident with some of the glisseran. Your thief, that is.? She walked over to one of the crates still talking. ?Come help me get the lid off this thing.? After some careful grunt work we pried the lid off.

Under the lid lay the most expensive silk I had ever seen. It was a blood red, it shimmered in the light of the cargo bay. Looking at Kinitiy for permission I touched the silk. The smell of preserved cloth drifted out, it tickled my nose and I sneezed.

?Welcome to the spice trade of the Ala.? Looking down at the silk I couldn?t imagine it held anything but silk, let alone spice! At my questioning look she explained. ?Most spice smugglers have special holds that most people don?t know about. Your mother doesn?t hold with that type of smuggling. If the holds are found you are marked as a smuggler for ever. What we do instead is hide the spice in plain sight. We place the spice among the folds of the fabric, just a little in the folds and the rest spread out over it. Then the spice seeps in-between the cracks and gives the silk the blood color. When we get searched, they see only the silk and don?t bother to look any closer.?

?Clever. How do you get the spice and the silk separated??

?We take it and process the silk. Shake it out till most of the spice comes out. Then we wash the silk, it?s permanently stained red but the buyers don?t seem to care about that. Your mother pays for this so the extra time and effort is well rewarded, and we haven?t been caught yet.? She had a grim face as she said this. ?This is what makes the spice thefts so s
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.