main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fake Breasts

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Bobafemme, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Does anyone have tips for fake breasts? I know there are replacements called Bossom Buddies for women who've had mascetomies, but I'd feel a tad weird going to medical supply asking for breasts when it is costume related. I imagine they might be more expensive since they are 'medical' instead of for sexy.

Has anyone (or claim a friend has) tried the other version put out by lingerie places? Are they hard to stay in position? Do you need a real breast under them?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I've seen those jell filled bras at JC penny's. But I would imagine that you would need something under them.

Is this for a costume a man is going to wear or something?

3. MiealDeneb

MiealDeneb Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2003
    I believe you can get some from Frederick's of Hollywood. You can look them up online I think it's just www.fredericks.com

4. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I agree. Frederick's of Hollywood is definitely the place to look for that.

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm four boobs short of a Yarna. Thanks for the tips, everyone.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... that's the same costume I've been working on. Maybe we can share notes :D

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yarnadalgargan/img/movie_bg.jpg]
    "So... You come here often?"

8. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Sadly I have some knowledge in this arena. I used to sell them at a Bridal fabric shop I used to work at. There are different types of "fake breasts" to fill up your cup. The kind you would be most interested in is the kind that actually look like real breasts and even have a nipple!!! They come in different flesh tones (mocha, suntan, ivory, etc.) and they are a type of material that is compact but "squishy" The back of them is kinda concave so that it can sit upon your real breast. They will sort of cling to your flesh within a bra or swimsuit-but if you want to use them nude you would have to use double stick tape or a roll on body adhesive. They sell for around $30.00 a pair ( hey it's cheaper than surgery :) ) Honestly, I have never seen them in a big cup size--probably the biggest I've seen is maybe a C cup. Fredricks would have them--and so does this place Click Me

Another option is those huge fake boob sets they sell at costume shops. They are like molded out of plastic and are usually HUGE and look realistic w/ their details. I think they work like a bra and tie around you.
    Try Here for those.

Ferd :)

9. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Holy crap, I am not spending $179 per pair on fake boobs! It's just for a party next weekend, no interest in are those breasts screen accurate? types. I thing going with the Joann's padding might be the cheaper alternative. :)

10. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Maybe my mother and grandmother could lend you their ex-breasts.

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ewww... that's gross.

13. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    this thread is creeeeping me out..:)

14. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    at least it wasnt entitled Mango Fett vest. believe me, thats creepier.

15. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks, Darth Goat. That just made my evening.

16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    We need to work on the Mango fett vest tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.