main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Falcon Flight- Han/Leia- During ESB- COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leapylion3, May 5, 2011.

1. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    Hey guys! This is my first post here, so I'd really appreciate some feedback! Thanks, and enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leia sat alone in the cockpit, desperately trying to get a certain scruffy-looking scoundrel out of her head. And the taste of his lips.
    His sarcastic remarks, his constant teasing, his dry sense of humour, and his arrogance annoyed the hell out of her. Yet his lopsided grin, his laugh, his confidence and his color-changing eyes made her heart melt. She was confused; the young princess had never experienced anything like this.
    Despite all of her battles with her heart, conscience, and senses, and no matter how many times she tried to deny it, Leia knew one thing for sure: the nerf-herder had already gained a special place in her heart. And he would always be there.
    Just another twist, Han thought to himself, trying to tighten a stubborn bolt in the gun turrets. It didn?t help very much that the gravity in the turrets was a little less than the rest of the Corellian freighter.
    Almost there, he thought, giving it one last twist. ?Son of a Sith?? Solo muttered, staring daggers at the blasted bolt. ?Chewie!? He shouted.
    [What is it now?] The Wookie rumbled.
    ?Get in here!? Solo yelled impatiently.
    Eight feet of brown fur appeared in the turrets seconds later. [Yes?]
    Han shoved the wrench into the Wookie?s paw, and nodded toward the bolt. ?You. Fix. Bolt. Now.?
    Chewbacca chuckled. [The mighty Han Solo can?t tighten a damn bolt? Ah, Han, I?m never gonna let you live this one down.] He began to fiddle with the bolt.
    Instead of saying a snappy remark, Solo stormed out of the small room, letting Chewie win this round. Just you wait, Han thought angrily, one day, Chewie, you?ll wake up to find Wynni next to you. You?ll enjoy that, won?t you, pal?
    The smuggler decided to go relax in the cockpit. He was two feet away from the door, when he realized that ?Her Highness? was in there. He stifled a groan. Han hated fighting with her. It stung as he realized she never fought with Luke.
    Well Solo, he thought reluctantly, might as well try and fix things. He palmed the entry pad and the door slid open.

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Nicely done! =D=

3. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you! [face_peace]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome and a very fine start! I love this time for H/L -- half in denial, half crazy about each other LOL

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Welcome! I always love to see Chewie/Han interaction, and also Han and Leia before they really fell in love. Great start.

6. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you both! :)

7. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Yep, I liked it as well. Han and Leia are my favorite characters of course and it is great to see some new material featuring them. Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the great work!

8. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Yay! Here is the first (real) chapter!
    For every chapter (not counting the first one posted; that was the prologue) I will switch from Han to Leia as the voices.
    Thanks and enjoy! [face_peace]
    Also, I received 4 replies for the prologue! Didn't know I'd get that many! Thanks again!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One
    Han

I enter the cockpit and take a seat next to Leia. She seems oblivious to my presence. Curse her pride. I open my mouth to talk, but no sounds come out. My mouth goes dry, and I feel myself go pale. Here she is, the bossiest, stubborn, high-maintenance girl I've ever met. Yet, I know that she's also the smartest, fearless and most beautiful. And I completely screwed up.
    Tell her how you feel! A voice in my head screams. I stifle a snort. Yeah, and have her laugh in my face? No thanks.
    Wait, but what about our encounter in the circuitry bay? I thought we patched things up. I mean, she kissed back.
    "One kiss doesn't fix everything, Solo." She says dully, breaking the silence, as if reading my mind. She continues to stare blankly forward, he teeth tightly clenched, and eyes hollow. This Leia...it's not even Leia. It's the Rebel leader, the princess, filled with nothing but anger. I let my mind wander off for a second. I wonder how she was before the days of the war. She probably was the same; she did join the Imperial Senate at only sixteen.
    "It should." I grunt, silently cursing myself for the snide remark. I shift awkwardly in my chair, thinking of something to say.
    Finally, she turns to look at me, her gaze hard, emotionless. "Captain, one kiss does not let me forget all the trouble you put me through the past three years."
    I raise my eyebrows at her, putting my hands on my chest. "Me? Caused you trouble?" I stutter, using that innocent/hurt tone I know she hates. "I don't think I'm the only one, Your Worshipfulness. Does the garbage compacter ring a bell?"
    "I saved your sorry behind back then, Solo," Leia jabs a delicate finger at my chest, "Would you rather have been shot by those Stormtroopers?"
    "I think I'd rather be shot than become...a lot thinner, you could say." I grin.
    The princess surprises me by grabbing my blaster from the holster on my thigh and shoves the butt against my temple. "I can make that happen." She says seductively into my ear.
    I let a chuckle escape. "You wouldn't." I don't say the 'because the way you feel about me' part, but I know she knows it's implied.
    "Try me, flyboy." The princess snarls, and I wince as she presses it harder against my temple.
    Fine, I'll play along. "Let's not be too hasty," I begin, trying to hold back my sarcasm. I let out a sigh of defeat after making her wait for a few moments. "Alright, what would fix things between us?"
    Her face pales, obviously shocked; I know that she expected a tease or sarcastic remark. Hell, I was even expecting myself to say one.
    Leia drops the blaster, backing away, and it lands on the floor with a soft clang. "An apology," She croaks, more towards the floor than to me.
    "I'm sorry," I say, surprised at my sincerity.
    The princess swallows and nods her head, still looking at the floor. "I'm going to bed," She whispers, and my hearts breaks as I realize she's trying to hold back tears. "Goodnight, Han."
    And just like that...she's gone.
    "Sweet dreams, Leia." I call, the sound echoing in the empty cockpit. Gods, why does she always leave me like this?
    I'll talk to her tomorrow. I swear I will.
    Well, if she plans to cooperate.

I enter the cockpit several hours later, after working on the control system with Chewie. Stupid hunk of junk...
    I sit on my bunk and pull off my boots, tossing them aside. I'm about to take off my shirt, but I catch a glimpse of the sleeping princess.
    Gods, she's beautiful. And she looks so peaceful in her sleep. All of the hardness and bitterness in her eyes and face...gone. She's even more beautiful ton

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks so much! [face_love]

10. LovelyLea

Jan 17, 2001
    Aw,that was really sweet. I love their bantering, and the nice little tidbit at the end. Keep up the good work!=D=

11. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks again! [:D]

I'm putting the next chapter up right now :)

12. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Chapter 2! :)
    Enjoy! [face_peace]
    P.S. The song is And I Love Her by The Beatles (best band EVER)

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter Two
    Leia

I open my eyes, and almost groan when I realize it?s not even morning yet. Well, as close to morning as it gets in the middle of cold, dark space. Cold, dark?and alone. My face scrunches up when I remember as rude comment Han made awhile back, somewhere along the lines of my heart resembling vacuum.
    Speaking of Han, where is that scoundrel? I sit up and my eyes scan the dark room. I spot him, lying in his bunk on the other side of the cabin. I smile as I watch him sleep. He looks so much younger, more vulnerable, innocent.
    I realize how thirsty I am. Kicking off the sheets, I tie my robe around my waist and walk as silently as I possibly can out of the bunkroom. His breathing shallows as I pass by him. Don?t wake up, I plead silently, palming the door open.
    I make it to the galley without waking Solo up. I release the breath I didn?t realize I was holding. Opening the cooling unit, the first things I spot is a twelve-pack of Corellian beer and a bottle of whiskey. How typical of him. Have fun flying the ship hung-over. Just don?t plan on getting me drunk, or you?ll regret it.
    I pull out a beaker of juice and take a swig. Yuck, what the hell is this stuff?! I wouldn?t be surprised if it?s coolant. Defeated, I put the beaker back into the cooling unit and trudge back to the bunkroom. At least my thirst is gone. Too bad it?s replaced by an almost unbearable fire.
    I step into the bunkroom, and- to my horror-I hear a groggy voice, ?Leia? You up??
    ?Just went to get a drink,? I whisper, climbing into my bunk. ?Now go back to sleep.?
    ?As you wish, Your Highnessness.? Great. Even when he?s half-asleep, he still has the nerve and energy to call me that.
    ?I thought we were past the name calling.? I protest, pulling the sheets up to my neck.
    ?Hey, it?s me.? I know that he?s giving me that stupid lopsided smile.
    ?Fine. G?night, nerf-herder.? I retort. I hear him chuckle, and I groan inwardly, covering my face with my pillow. This is gonna be one long flight to Bespin.

I hum along to the song playing from the speakers. I had nothing better to do this morning, so I dug through Han?s piles of junk and found a few good tapes. The soft, romantic tune echoes throughout the cabin, the quiet song surprisingly loud in the otherwise silent room.
    ?Hey, where?d you find these?? I jump when I hear Han?s voice.
    ?Gods, don?t sneak up on me like that!? I scold, groaning when a big grin appears on his face.
    ?Sorry, Your Holiness,? He teases, then nods towards the small pile of tapes. ?Where?d you find these?? He repeats.
    ?In the smuggling compartments,? I explain, pausing the song, ?I also cleaned up a bit down there. Did you know there?s actually a floor under all that junk??
    He nods. ?I guess I should clean the ship more often.?
    ?That must be the idea of the year!? I snide.
    Han ignores it. ?You know that song you were listening to?? I nod. ?It?s my favourite.? He gets this far-away look in his eyes; the song must bring back a lot of memories. I know he?s not ready to tell me yet.
    ?It?s mine, too.? I admit with a small smile.
    He grins lopsidedly at me, making my heart melt. ?Yeah??
    ?Yeah.?
    Han turns on the speakers, and the song restarts. ?Dance with me.? He smiles and grabs my hand. I reluctantly step toward him, and we begin to dance. Well, mostly moving around in a circle. He softly sings along, and I join in, causing his face to break into a wide grin. I grin back, knowing I made his smile reappear.
    I give her all my love, that?s all I do,
    And if you saw my love, you?d love her too,
    I love her.

?You have a nice voice,? I tell him, ?You should sing more often.?
    ?Thanks, but no.?
    She gives me everything, and tenderly,
    The kiss my lover brings, she brings to me,
    And I love her.

?I never heard you sing before,? Han sa

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Well, this is fast, your first SQUEEEEEEE! for chapter one =D= @};-

And for chapter two: awwness. I love that song too. And them dancing -- yup, I'm melted.

[:D]

~Jade

14. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Aww, thank you! You're so sweet! [face_love]

15. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Next chapter! :D
    And no, I did not write them all in one day [face_laugh] ; I wrote them awhile ago :p
    Thanks and enjoy! [face_love]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three
    Han

?Hey Captain.? I swivel my seat around to face Leia, who?s clad in her snowsuit, with the exception of her hair hanging down over her shoulders, and her vest is opened, revealing her long sleeved shirt under it.
    ?Hey.? I reply stupidly, realizing this is the first time I?ve seen her with her hair down.
    She sits down in the co-pilot?s seat and gives me a funny look. ?Why?d you lock yourself in here? It?s been six hours.?
    ?I...I had nothing better to do.? I admit sheepishly.
    Leia doesn?t say anything for a few minutes; nor do I. After a while, she finally says, ?You really like this ship, huh??
    ?She?s helped me get through some tough situations.? I agree, smiling at the princess.
    ?I really thought it was a piece of junk when I first saw it.? She says, thinking back to the first time we met on the Death Star.
    ?It?s a her. Not an it.? I flash her my signature lopsided grin.
    ?Excuse me??
    I laugh. ?You call a ship a her, not an it.?
    ?Oh,? She blushes and looks away. ?Why is that??
    I shrug. ?That?s just the way it is.?
    ?You mean the way she is.? I look up at her and find her grinning at me. I grin back, happy that Leia?s in a good mood today. ?C?mon, you locked yourself up in here for six hours already. Come get something to eat; Chewie made supper.? She stands up and grabs my arm.
    ?Great.? I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm, ?Chewie?s cooking. Hopefully I don?t find a Wookie hair in it this time.?
    ?Hey,? She teases, dragging me out of the cockpit, ?It can?t be as bad as my cooking.?

It turns out his cooking wasn?t as bad as Leia?s.
    It was worse.
    Obviously, the big Wook thought it was good, but he eats just about anything. I remember Leia?s face going pale after the first bite, and how many glasses of water she drank. Even I had a hard time eating it. I think he did this on purpose. Probably just threw the entire contents of the cooling unit into a pot and cooked it.
    Chewbacca ended up having three servings, while Leia and I barely managed to finish our first. He ate all of them within a matter of minutes, left the dining room, leaving Leia and I alone.
    I?m the first to speak. ?That was absolutely horrendous.? I grimace, shoving the plate away from me.
    ?I think that was even worse than my cooking.? Leia agrees, wrinkling her nose in disgust.
    ?Maybe we should just leave the job to Goldenrod from now on.?
    ?Good idea,? She says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. ?So what are you gonna do now? Lock yourself back up in the cockpit??
    ?I wasn?t thinking doing anything special?Unless you have something in mind?? I say in a suggestive tone.
    The princess rolls her eyes and snorts, ?Rogue.?
    I laugh, when a sudden thought comes to mind. ?How about I teach you how to play sabacc??
    ?Okay?? She begins, her expression guarded, ?But we have nothing to bet,? I open my mouth to speak, but she cuts me off, saying, ?And don?t you dare say strip sabacc.?
    I grin. Strip sabacc with Leia?that would be nice.
    ?Be right back.? I get out of my seat and kiss Leia?s forehead.
    I come back a couple minutes with a sabacc deck in my hand. I drop it on the table. ?So, here?s how you play??

?Idiot?s Array,? Leia says smugly, placing her cards on the table, ?I win.?
    My jaw drops, probably inflating Her Highness? ego even more. ?But?I?? I stutter, unable to form words.
    ?That Lando must be an even worse Sabacc player than you are,? She laughs, ?Either that, or you cheated to get the Falcon.?
    The game had been rather long, probably a couple of hours. I was certain I was going to win. Damn, if I?d have known she was that good?
    I put on my best Sabacc face. ?Beginner?s luck. Rematch.?
    She laughs again, running a hand through her hair. ?Maybe tomorrow,

teamhansolo likes this.
  16. LovelyLea

Jan 17, 2001
    Great job! :)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice post. Sweet and wonderful how easy they are with each other.

:D

18. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks to both of you! [face_love]

19. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Sorry it took so long! Exams are coming up; I won't be uploading as frequently [face_worried]
    Hehe, the end is a bit of a cliff-hanger; I like driving you guys insane ;)
    Enjoy! <3
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter Four
    Leia

My theory: practically all of the women in the Alliance would simply drag the Captain to bed; it would be the perfect opportunity. And I doubt he would refuse. But I?m probably the only one who would try desperately to make sure he sees the minimal amount of me.
    I just proved that my theory?s right.
    ?Oh?Leia, I?m so sorry?? He stammers, clearly as embarrassed as I am, if not more. I feel myself blushing madly, trying to cover myself up. It?s not that I?m naked; I?m in my corset and underwear, but I still don?t like to?flaunt it, I guess you can say.
    ?No, no, it?s my fault; I should have locked the door.? Which it was. I always lock the door when I?m changing- especially when sharing living space with Corellian smugglers for several weeks- but it must have slipped my mind.
    I?m not an expert at romance, but I think that if he kisses you in the circuitry bay and flirts with you very often, he?s got a thing for you. I?m still wondering why. I mean, I don?t show any skin (example above), I?m not very outgoing (Ice Princess, anyone?), and I have as much sex appeal as a baby nerf.
    I can?t understand Wookie very well, but I can pick up a few words here and there. I once heard Chewbacca tell Threepio that he?s surprised with Han?s so-called ?attraction? towards me; he?s usually into women who are quote ?loose?, unquote. Gee, thanks for the lift, Chewie.
    ?Uh, I?I?ll just go.? Han says awkwardly, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.
    I?m about to agree, but something completely different comes out of my mouth; ?No, stay. Talk to me.? I sit on the edge of the bed, mentally scolding myself for not telling him to leave.
    ?O-okay?? He gives me a funny look and sits on the other bunk. Keeping a safe distance, I guess. Probably so he won?t try anything funny?
    ?This is unlike you,? The smuggler comments after a couple minutes of silence.
    ?I guess so,? I agree, ?I just?I dunno. I guess I want to get to know you better.?
    He smirks. ?Why?s that??
    ?We got off to a?rough start,?
    ?That?s for sure.? He snorts.
    I ignore his comment and continue talking, ?And I was thinking; shouldn?t we try and play nice??
    ?Look Princess, I?m fine with ?playing nice?,? He air-quotes, ?But I ain?t gonna get involved in this big share fest.?
    ?Can?t we just talk?? I ask, looking at him with hopeful eyes.
    ?What do you wanna know?? He asks sceptically, knowing full well that I just gave him that sweet, innocent look to get what I want. He?s known me long enough to figure out my tricks.
    I pounce right away. ?Why did you kiss me in the circuitry bay??
    He looks like an ysalimiri about to get hit by a speeder going at full speed. ?Why are you asking me this??
    ?Just wondering,? I twirl my hair, acting as charming as possible. When he doesn?t respond, I sigh. ?I know you called me the Ice Princess, Han. And I heard of your little ?encounters? with the women on base over the years. You can get any woman you want, you even know it. So, all I?m asking is, why me??
    He stares at me seriously for a few moments, before breaking out into a wide grin. ?If I can get any woman I want, doesn?t that mean I can get you??
    My jaw drops. After I regain my composure, I say, ?No it does not. I?m not that??
    ?Easy?? He offers, still grinning lopsidedly.
    ?No!? I sputter, ?I mean, no I?m not easy, but I wasn?t going to say that!? I throw a pillow at him.
    He dodges. ?So why?d you kiss Luke?? He challenges, shifting his position on his bunk to get closer to me.
    I give him a weak smile. ?Truth??
    Solo rolls his eyes. ?No, a lie,? He says sarcastically, ?Yes, of course the truth!?
    ?I wanted to make you jealous.? I look away, feeling my face heat up again.
    ?Why would you do that?? He asks, using that to

teamhansolo likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved Leia's thoughts on her mysterious appeal ;) and the truths she and Han revealed.

SQUEE! in advance. That's one of the bestest cliffies ever, if we have to have one at all LOL

I am enjoying this tale more with each post!!

teamhansolo likes this.
  21. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  22. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you so much! [face_love] You're so sweet!
    I'll try and finish the next chapter tonight or tomorrow; I don't want my readers waiting too long ;)

Thanks! :D

23. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! XD
    ENJOY!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter Five:
    Han

?Tell me,? she says, her breath coming out raggedly, ?how did you get this?? The princess stares at my chin intensely, caressing the scar with her thumb.
    ?Knife fight,? I explain, the vivid memory entering my mind. ?I was twenty-two when it happened; I was on a smuggling run for Jabba. I ran into?an old friend of mine.? I grimace, silently cursing my cousin Thracken Sal-Solo. ?If Chewie hadn?t been there, I probably wouldn?t be here.?
    ?He?s saved your hide more than once, huh?? She teases, smiling knowingly.
    ?More than I can count.? I agree, flashing a lopsided grin her way.
    She responds by tenderly kissing the scar, and I wonder how I got so lucky. What did I do to deserve her? Leia brushes my hair from my forehead, and points to the small white scar above my eyebrow. ?How about this one??
    ?I got drunk. I ended up walking into many walls. ? I admit sheepishly, earning a few giggles from Leia.
    ?How typical.? She murmurs, kissing that scar, too. She plays with my hair a little bit, running it through her hands. ?And what about your heart? Ever got scarred there?? Leia has this habit of asking too many questions; I suppose it?s one of the side-effects of being a politician.
    ?Many times, Princess,? I smile wryly, ?Many times.?
    ?By a woman?? She insists.
    ?There was one. She?s long gone now.? I tell her, remembering Bria for a few moments. No, Leia?s here now. You care about Leia not Bria.
    ?I?m sorry.? The Princess sympathizes.
    ?It?s alright,? I assure her. ?What about you?? The look she gives me tells me I shouldn?t have asked her that. ?Right, Alderaan?? I mumble, immediately regretting it as I catch Leia trying to hold back tears. ?No, I mean, I?m sorry, I shouldn?t have?Gods, I?m so stupid.?
    ?No, Han, it?s alright. I know you didn?t mean it in that way.? She swipes at her eyes, erasing all evidence she even came close to tears.
    ?But, um, like you asked me?did a man ever break your heart?? I ask awkwardly, feeling guilty about bringing Alderaan up.
    ?No,? Leia shakes her head, ?You?ll be the first.? At first I think she?s teasing me, but her eyes are brimmed with tears, her voice barely a whisper. ?I know you?re going to leave right after Bespin,? I open my mouth to deny it, but she continues, ?Han, you don?t have to lie to me. It?s gonna be over. Why do you think I didn?t want to get involved with you??
    ?Leia, you know I can come back after-?
    ?After what, Han? I know you think you?re going to die. You don?t have to promise me anything you can?t keep.?
    ?But I can keep it! Leia, I-?
    ?Han, please,? She begs, ?Don?t lie. As much as it kills me to see you go, I?ll have to live with it.?
    ?Leia, don?t talk like that. I will come back. For you. And the kid.?
    ?What if Luke and I came with you??
    ?No. It?s too dangerous.?
    ?Han, you?d have better chances if we came with you-?
    ?Leia. No. I won?t put you two in that danger.? I tell her quietly, but firmly, my face set in a hard mask.
    ?But Han, I?I think?? She lowers her voice, ?I think I love you.?

teamhansolo likes this.
  24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    ?No,? Leia shakes her head, ?You?ll be the first.?

What a great response. I am loving this.

25. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks so much! [face_love] [face_dancing]