main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Falcon's Art--Index Pg.1--Replies and Update [04/05/09]: Darth Caedus... :(

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FalconFan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    OMG what an amazing piece! I was hoping one of us here on the forum would get this scene illustrated. This is my favorite scene from my favorite book in this series. Awesome Job FF!

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Holy Smoke!!!!!!!! That's fantastic =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Just lovely to see those well known characters older and after all that has been happening cherishing a happy moment.

Great work=D==D=

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's wonderful!! I love that scene and you did it very well. I think you did Leia's face very nicely.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Woah! :eek:

You continue to impress me with your skill and make me wish I could draw. :p I love that scene (even though I've only read about it, having never gotten my hands on a copy of LotF: Fury) and you've rendered it beautifully. I'm not sure why you don't think you can't draw Leia's face, you've done a wonderful job! :D Especially in making her look like Leia even though she's quite a bit older than she appears in the films. ;)

I wish we could see Allana's face. She's such a cutie. [face_love] But this is a beautiful pose. Wonderful job, Deb! =D=

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I'm so glad this piece resonates with everyone! :D Thanks to everyone that's been in to check it out and to comment! [:D]

TheOnlyJediPrincess--Aw, thanks! [face_blush] I'm so glad this piece seems to fit the narrative for you! Your own illustration of this scene would be so awesome--you really should have a go! We'd all love to see it, I know (me especially!)! Thank you so much for taking time to look and comment!

Chimpo_the_Sith--Thanks so much--I'm so glad you like it! I suppose this was a moment that just needed to be "seen," at least by me--if it works for others, that's just a gift for me! :D Thanks again!

earlybird-obi-wan--Many thanks, my friend--and yes, it IS good to see Han and Leia happy, isn't it? Even if just for a moment--it's good to see it! I'm glad you liked it!

NYCitygurl wrote: "I love that scene and you did it very well." That's the best thing I could hear--thank you so much! If it does the narrative from the novel justice, I'm glad! Many thanks!

Hi Idrelle! [:D] Thanks so much for dropping back in--I so appreciate your continued support, and I'm so glad you like this piece! As to Leia's likeness--I was working from several pictures of Carrie, one younger (for the lighting) and two from more recent photo ops, to capture some of the maturity in her face now. It definitely looked more like Carrie before I started shading--that often happens! [face_frustrated] Regardless, if it looks enough like Leia to pass for her, I'm happy! As to little Allana's face, maybe I'll have to try drawing the Chume'da again sometime--perhaps the upcoming "Millenium Falcon" novel will present me with some scenes to work from! ;)

I meant to add, when I initially posted this drawing, that credits go to our erstwile moderator, HanSolo29, who was a generous sounding board for me on the rough sketch--her assistance was invaluable and is greatly appreciated! :D

Many thanks, too, to all who've been in to look! I always hope my illustrations will serve the stories--it's wonderful to hear that this one does! [:D][:D]

FF

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks so much for dropping back in--I so appreciate your continued support, and I'm so glad you like this piece!

You're welcome! [:D] I get tons of feedback and support as an author, so I know how important it is for artists! [:D] I'm sure the new EU book will give you loads of ideas to draw from. ;) I can't wait to see your next piece. :)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As I said to you via PM, this piece is absolutely wonderful! There's not enough H/L artwork out there and especially in this time period! You captured the essence of the scene perfectly and there's no doubts in my mind who they're supposed to be. Great job with the details and really fleshing out that background. That's something that's often forgotten after the main subject matter is completed, but you kept on trucking with this thing! There's really not that much more to say except, I love it! :D

9. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    A very touching picture from a pretty awful book! I think Leia's face looks fine, but I'm seeing a little more of Luke in Han's face than I should be. Still, don't think it's not an excellent piece. The facial expressions are great, and the rendering of the Falcon interior is spot on! And I look forward to your PM whenever you have some time to chat to me about it.

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, that is beautiful! I love the look on Leia's face. Absolutely wonderful as always, FF!! :)

- Serena

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Idrelle wrote: "I'm sure the new EU book will give you loads of ideas to draw from." I hope so--I got it yesterday, and am SO LOVING it so far!! [face_love]

Hello again, Mme. Moderator/Blossoming Sketch Card Artiste! Most sincere thanks, as I said, for your kind assistance in bringing this one about--your generous feedback and critique are always invaluable, and so very much appreciated! [:D] The background seemed necessary for this one, especially since the scene was set aboard the beloved 'Falcon--if taken from the detailed narrative, they're all facing the wrong way here...but I wanted to leave no doubt where they actually were; the circular corridor into the lounge is so recognizable, I thought it would work best! Thanks again, for your help and for the kind comments here!

Hi Giolon! Thanks for having a look!
    "I'm seeing a little more of Luke in Han's face than I should be."

Hmm--perhaps it's the hair...? I tried to keep as much to Harrison's face as I could (I did use a number of different photos, though, and tried to alter expression as well... **shrug**)--trying to both age and "emote" from a photo that provides neither can be a challenge and a half! I'm glad Leia at least resembles Leia! And I've sent off that PM--thanks!

Serena! [:D] Thanks so much for taking time to drop in and comment! I so hoped Leia's happiness would come across here--again, trying to get that from a photo of Carrie that was purely posed presented a challenge!--thanks for sharing that it did! I re-read that scene at least ten times while drawing this, just to keep that emotion in my mind while working--I guess it worked! :p Thanks again for taking a look!

I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so won't be able to get in to say thanks--so in advance: THANKS! to all that drop in and visit--it's so very much appreciated! [:D]

FF

12. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Oh my gosh... FF that's incredible! One of my favourite scenes and your drawing is so touching. I can see the adoration in leia's face clearly. Beautiful drawing [face_love] I love it so much!

[This is Glitbiter btw, in new identity ;) ]

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Just popping in to say you still amaze me with EVERYTHING you do! Love it! :)

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Kiyuuchan (aka Glitbiter!)! Thanks for taking time to have a look, and for the kind comments--so glad you like it! This, like so many of the illustrations from the books, was just a moment I myself needed to SEE (it was my own favorite scene from Fury)--and I'm so glad that the emotions come through! Thank you again!

Obi-Dawn!!! **Wookiee-glomps** How the heck are you, Jedi-Mom?! I hope all is well with you and yours (and you must be looking forward to Halloween this year, yes? Costumes for your little Jedi as well as yourself...? ;) :D)! Thank you SO much for dropping in--it really means a lot! [:D]

Thank you again, all, for taking time to drop in and look--it really means a lot! :D [:D]

FF

15. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Your new picture looks great . It has quite an 'old' look the way you painted it and yay , I guess you are the only artist whod do a wrinkly female star wars character XD

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    morrison85 wrote: " guess you are the only artist who'd do a wrinkly female star wars character"

ROFL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Perhaps so, my friend! Still--it'd be a bit non-sequitor to have Leia stating she's a grandmother if she still looked as she did in ANH! ;) :p I hope the way I aged her isn't too jarring--I tried to keep pretty much to where Carrie is actually sporting some lines now... Thank you for taking a look--I'm glad you like it! :D

FF

17. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Shame on me for missing an update of yours. Likeness, shmikeness, it's still a great piece. These people deserve to be captured in a happy moment after all that's happened to them.

And congrats on hitting 100 pages for your thread!

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi BF!!! [:D] Been wondering where you've been hiding (or are you just getting ready for Halloween...[face_pumpkin]...by the look of your current icon...? ;) :p )! Many thanks for having a look at the latest--and I have a question for you via PM... :D

FF

19. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Sorry, I've been a slacker about checking the Fanart forums. :( PM away! I love hearing from you.

20. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    That was actually a positive point , not a negative. :p

21. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    Hey

I just wanna say that you are awesome!!!

The reason i registered on here is because i found a artwork of Kyp Durron on google images and traced it to this forum.

Your stuff is fantastic!!! Keep it up!

Kyp Skywalker

22. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Just saw your Grandparents piece.... I remember that scene, you captured wonderfully well. What a touching moment, and we don't often see Leia so tender... You got Han likeness extremely well Falcon! =D= And you got Leia's eyes so very, very well!! What a sweet moment to capture... Bravo...:)

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks, everyone, for taking time to drop in and say "Hi!" [:D]

BigFatty wrote: "I've been a slacker about checking the Fanart forums."

**sigh** Me, too...I have so little time these days, and miss SO much awesome work... Thanks tons for the visit, in any case!

morrison85
    --I didn't take it as a negative at all, my friend--no worries! :D Thank you again for having a look!

Hello Kyp_Skywalker, and thank you so much for going to the trouble of hunting us down here in Fan Art! It's a tremendous gift to know you like the work that much--I truly appreciate it a lot; I will also encourage you to keep browsing through the other threads here in Fan Art--you won't be sorry you did: we are blessed with some extremely gifted artists here, and their work is well worth looking through! Thank you again, and welcome to the JC forums! :D

Hi jedipencil! **waving** It's always an honor to have a professional drop in and comment--thank you so much! I'm glad you recognize Han and Leia, and that the piece seems to fit the scene--that's the best thing to hear! [:D] Thank you again--you're the best! :D

I'm scribbling on another LOTF piece, but I'm not entirely happy with how it's turning out...we'll see how it comes along. Again--many thanks for all the visits and comments!

FF

FF

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Your Grandparents piece is amazing! =D=

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Aw, thanks Jag4Me! I'm so glad you like it, and thank you so much for taking a look and commenting! :D

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.