1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Falcon's Art--Index Pg.1--Replies and Update [04/05/09]: Darth Caedus... :(

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FalconFan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Thanks, everyone! [face_blush]

Handmaiden_Yane--you flatter too much! But thank you anyway! ;) As to requests--I'd be willing to entertain one, if you have one! Just PM with specifics and we'll "talk!"

Esira--...? *gobsmacked*...? Gee...sorry...! ;) Glad you liked it, tho! And yeah--try drawing some guys! They're not easy, but challenges are good for skill-building! ;)

soits--gosh...such high praise! [face_blush] Thanks for visiting (again!)!

Han, I was so looking forward to your opinion! The RPG characters in your thread (near the beginning, I think) were so beautiful--great faces/pose, etc.--I wanted this one to come somewhere close to that! I'm so glad you think it "fits" the description--I really tried to bring those traits out in visual form. Thanks for your kind words, and for taking a look! :D

Cheveyo-- A cure for "artist's block"...? I think I did block up, working on this one! I used Bristol board for this, and it's a good thing, with all the erasing and revising that went on! I thank you for your compliments--they mean a great deal! [face_blush]

I sure appreciate all the kind words, people! It makes it much easier to face that dreaded "blank page" before starting something new!

FF

2. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    lol [face_blush]
    Gobsmacked = strange Brittish term for Shocked/Amazed/speechless

Yeah, I'm sure I will come up with many more random phrases like that!! Be sure to point them out to me! :D
    But it's true you art is truly amazing! :)
  3. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    A cure for "artist's block"...? I think I did block up, working on this one! I used Bristol board for this, and it's a good thing, with all the erasing and revising that went on!

hehehe, I hate when that [block] happens. ;) What kind of tools or exercises or general stuff do you use or do when you find yourself afflicted by the evil that is Artist's Block?

4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the definition, Esira! It did sound like something out of a comic-book fight scene... [face_laugh] Bring on "obscure British phrases!" **NI!!** ;)

Cheveyo--Ah, the dreaded "artist's block!" I assume you're referring to having no clue as to what to start on next...? Been there! Like I said--sometimes, there's nothing so scary or frustrating as the dreaded "blank page!" I guess I like to browse thru others' art--particularly in the Forum, or the Fan Art Museum--looking for inspiration. Sometimes looking through reference photos from the movies can help, if I'm looking for a photo of a character to work from--or sometimes I'll end up re-reading some of my Star Wars novels (I've been inspired to render a lot of the NJO/EU characters from that). I've also taken to browsing through magazines, just looking at photographs of people, and imagining Star Wars characters I could possibly create from those images. If you're into games, playing those could spur the imagination--or, if you're also a writer, doing some of that might bring up a scene or a character you'd want to render. BTW--was this a rhetorical question...? [face_thinking] :)

FF
  5. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You are so good with shading, FF. Excellent, as usual. :)
  6. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    BTW--was this a rhetorical question...? [face_thinking] :)

hehehe. Not at all. I've had my fair share of stumped moments (or un"stump"ed, as the case may be--punny art tool reference ;)), and am always curious to hear what practices others use to break the grip of the block.

You have quite a few that sound very helpful in getting the creative juices flowing again. I'm such a visual input kinda guy, my best block-breaks come from playing video games, watching movies, or catching something in the real world that sparks a creative thought.

8. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    FalconFan - My number one Fan! Thanks for the watch, Now I'm being watched by 2 people, you and some guy from Belgium, mind you he's watching me right now through my basement window ... I get up to close the curtain... . Anyways thanks for your kind comments in my thread and I do plan to keep contributing as much as I can.

Also to join in the conversation I find these sites good for getting the creative juices flowing. But I guess it also depends on what you like to draw.

www.sketchbooksessions.com/thedrawingboard

www.tomhodges.com/main.html

www.otisframpton.com/Gallery.html

www.marktexeira.com

9. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Ty--thanks for the links! Maybe we should make sure these end up in a Resource or "Assistance for Artist's Block" thread! I've seen a lot of these names, but never visited their websites--there's some fabulous stuff! Thanks again! :D And you'd better not be too much of a stranger here in the Forum--you're far too talented not to keep it going: "Honor your gift," as I was once told! ;) Stop into your thread and say "hey" every now and then, at the least, OK? [face_praying] :)

FF
  10. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Whew! Been busy-busy lately, but finally managed to finish this one. I really struggled with Padme's likeness (I think I completely erased her entire face about three times...), and it's still not very good--but I decided to go ahead and finish it anyway! :p The costumes were tough--lots of detail--but it's done, and I'd like some critique on it, please...

[image=http://img62.exs.cx/img62/9607/anakinpadmeaotc1th.jpg]

Thanks in advance for being really honest, gang! :D

FF
  11. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Woah :eek: That's fabulous! Very realistic. :) I love the datail, esp. on Anakin's hair :)

How do you do the shading?
  12. DkSavior02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love the amount of detail you've put into this picture. What I love the most is the way the cloth of Padme's hood draps around her head and shoulders, it is so subtle but looks real. Don't be so hard about yourself on her face either, it's very well done, your effort shows. From her lips up to her eyes and eye brows (if you ever look at pics of her she has fairly large eyebrows.)... Anyway, great work, I really like it.
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    You have produced yet another fabulous drawing, FalconFan! Like you said, their clothing looks very complicated and you have pulled it off rather nicely. You can tell a lot of care(not to mention time) went into getting all those little details. It really looks great!

As for the faces - I think you did a wonderful job. You say you're still not happy with how Padme's face turned out, but from my point of view, I think she looks spot on. Perhaps erasing her face 3 times was a good plan. :p Overall, this is one well-crafted drawing. Not much else to say in terms of a critique. Wonderful work! :D =D=
  14. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    Woah thats amazing! :eek:

I think see what you mean about Padme's face though.
    Without the origional pic to look at I may be wrong but I think the problem may be that her nose isn't quite long enough. It makes her chin look bigger than it should be but if changed that then her face would be too small! However it definatly looks like her!
    Another little picky thing is that Anakin's nose doesn't quite line up to me. However he may look like that anyway! Like I said, without the pic I'm probably wrong! :p

Again beautiful shading and detail, I'm glad you did one of Anakin and Padme! How about doing one of Episode 3 Anakin? *winkwink**nudgenudge*
    Great work again! :D
  15. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! :D It's so nice, to drop something in here, and have all of you stop in and have a look! [face_blush]

ThrawnRocks--I've linked here--check at the bottom for my post about shading technique. It's not difficult, but does take a bit of practice to get a proper effect! Thanks for your comments!

DkSavior02--I appreciate your kind words! Yeah--I studied Natalie's face in a lot of photographs, trying to make this one work, and just couldn't seem to quite get it! :( I did try, tho!

Ah, Mme. Mod/Manager--(sheesh, if you get any more titles, I'll start getting finger cramps! :p ) thanks for visiting again! I love having you stop in to comment/critique. BTW--how's your mouth?

Esira--my little "fine-tooth comb!" I do see now those little problems you point out--I thought I got Anakin's nose "straightened out," but I guess it wasn't enough--and I've already grumped about Padme's face (yes, indeed, the nose isn't quite long enough--I tried several times to "get it right," but each successive attempt seemed to make it worse--in short, I finally gave up! :rolleyes: )... And I do have a picture of Ep.III Anakin that I like a lot ("know what I mean?" :p )--I'm not sure when I'll get to it, tho, as I've got some other stuff going, too.

I appreciate every comment and critique, everyone--thanks a lot! :D

FF
  16. Midgetsforbreakfast Jedi Master

star 4
    Incredible. Absolutely incredible!!

Excellent work, FalconFan! Well done!

Your use of shading and texture is awesome! The detail in your pictures is crazy!

Just...great stuff! :)

Keep it up! Can't wait to see more of your work!
  17. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, that's Tan-Fastic! FalconFan.
  18. DarthMaul431 Jedi Master

star 2
    Excellent work, FalconFan. Love the detail.
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    (sheesh, if you get any more titles, I'll start getting finger cramps! tongue ) thanks for visiting again! I love having you stop in to comment/critique. BTW--how's your mouth?

Tee hee...yea, it is getting to be a mouth full. :p

Well, I think my mouth is finally healed up. The only bad thing about that is now they want to go ahead and put braces on me. [face_plain]

Thanks for asking and keep up the wonderful artwork! :D
  20. bmw17 Jedi Knight

star 2
    WOW!!! FALCON, thats great!!!Have you tried drawing an evil Anakin yet?
  21. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Was just checking the Art Class thread...**wrings hands nervously, awaiting critique on her assignments**...and saw I had a few more visitors here! Thanks, everyone! :D

Midgetsforbreakfast--[face_laugh] Love the username! [face_laugh] Thanks for the visit, and for your kind comments. Actually, detail is something I tend to minimize in my stuff (too hard, you know! ;) )--but I'm glad it looks good to you!

TY!! Glad to see you "on campus" again! Hope you've been drawing--or at least doodling! Thanks for stopping in here--I appreciate it a lot! (BTW...did you ever get rid of the Belgian guy looking in your window...? [face_laugh] ;) )

DarthMaul431--Thanks for taking a look here, DM! I've been lurking in your thread, too--great stuff over there!

Greetings once again, Mme. Moderator! I was just over in your thread, drooling on your latest post--fantastic work, BTW! Braces, huh? Well--they say it's short term inconvenience for a long-term beautiful smile, so I'm sure it'll be worth it.

bmw17--Hi there! Thanks for the visit--and re: your question on Evil Anakin: I have an Ep.III pic of Hayden that I'm currently considering doing, but it isn't really "Evil Anakin," so much as a picture of Anakin from ROTS...

I've been working on some characterizations for an author on the Before the Saga board--I'm including a link here to the page with the recently-posted images for his story. He is still in the process of releasing his story, so--in the interest of not "spoiling" things--I'm letting him post the images there as his work progresses. I'll be sure to link any further "updates" to that work here, as well! If you're into fan fiction, it's really shaping up to be a whopping Star Wars tale--take a read!

Once again, thanks for the visits, comments and critiques--I really appreciate them all! [face_blush] :D

FF
  22. JW-Titus Force Ghost

star 2
    Great work, FalconFan! Your work is stunning!!

Can't wait to see more! ;) ;) (I hope.) :)
  23. MASTER_JEDI_AS_REK Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow bro, your drawings are absolutely fantastic. The characters we've seen in the moviesw correspond perfectly with your drawings. Great job.
  24. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Many thanks, JW-Titus, for yet another visit and comments! :)

MASTER_JEDI_AS_REK--thank you for stopping in and looking around! I haven't actually tackled a lot of the original movie characters (there are a few, but a lot of it is EU stuff!), and as has been mentioned before: likenesses can be tricky! I'm glad, tho, that you see resemblences to those characters I have attempted! Thanks for the kind words!

FF
  25. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    FalconFan, lovely work. Detail and gradations of shading are very fine. This last one hasn't quite got the emotion you've been able to convey in the other work, which is really a backward way of saying that I admire the emotion you are able to convey in these drawings. Your Leia, on page one, by the way, is just fantastic dramatic tension! I think that it is difficult to successfully convey such in portraiture, but you've done it. Congrats!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.