main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Falcon's Art--Index Pg.1--Replies and Update [04/05/09]: Darth Caedus... :(

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FalconFan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nishka

Nishka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    I can't even describe my elation at seeing some new images of your work being posted. Especally one of Luke and Mara together again. Simply beautiful. Wish I was better with words. It's breathtaking. So glad your back. =)

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Very cool your mando Jedi.=D=

3. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Your Ben in the newer Pics for Lotf looks perfecrt(anyway you art is perfect, I wouldnt know anybody as good in especially faces as you [face_love]

4. Makenna

Makenna Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2008
    All of this looks great! :D Awesome work. :)

5. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Greetings, FalconFan!
    Something for a long time is not visible your new works... When you will please us, if not a secret?;)

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Great Galaxies!! It's been ages since I've been here, naughty me--please forgive the tardiness in the replies! DRL has been whipping me pretty hard lately, leaving little time for visiting OR drawing...sadly, that means there's nothing new to share... But I still want to say a huge "THANKS!!" to everyone that's been in to look at the gallery--I'm ever-so-grateful for that!

lavo wrote: "I know I'm behind the times and you've been back for a while but your return is news to me and I'm really glad your talents are here where they belong."

So much for my "being back," as this thread has been languishing badly! Thank you for taking time to visit and comment--it always means a lot, coming from the artists I admire in this forum! Hopefully, if things work out, I'll be getting a bit more time in the coming weeks, and will be able to make some headway on the drawings I have under way (there are several). Thank you again!

DarthPandemonium--Hi! **waving** Thanks so much for taking a look--I really appreciate the interest! You asked about my model for Jaina--it is indeed Alessandra! ;) I had been looking for a face that I felt fit the character, and hers seemed to, so I've been using her for a while now! I think it was the intensity of her gaze--I always felt Jaina would have a gaze like that: direct, piercing, intense. Thank you again for dropping in and for the kind words!

Shinfei--Many thanks for taking a look at Luke and Mara--and the Darth Caedus piece is actually under way now. I found a reference that seems to work, and have begun roughing out the face. I won't have it done for some time, I'm afraid, with so much request work to finish first--but it will come about someday! Thank you again for taking time to drop in! :D

Nishka--Thank you kindly for taking time to stop in, and for the generous comments! I'm glad you like the L/M piece--it was something I just felt I needed to do! Sorry there's nothing new, but hopefully that will change in the next few weeks! :D Thanks so much!

Hello morrison85, and thanks for taking time to look and comment! I'm glad my interpretation of Ben seems to "fit" for you--it's always a gamble, when illustrating a character that doesn't have a "hard" face--my own ideas may grate against what others imagine. Thank you for the visit and the kind words! :D

Hi Makenna! Thank you for the visit and for the comments--I'm so glad you liked what you saw!

DarthBellumSolo wrote: "Something for a long time is not visible your new works... When you will please us, if not a secret?"

I wish I could say there's something ready to go up here, but sadly, I have nothing as of now. The current WIP is in a state of mid-completion, while a number of others are still in the very rough stages... I've been riotous-busy in my RL work-life, so there's been literally no time for drawing (poo); I'm hoping things will start to loosen up in a couple of weeks so I can take up the pencils again! Thank you kindly for taking time to drop in--it means a lot! [:D]

I'm so grateful for the continuing visits and comments--I WISH I had something new to share! With luck, things will ease up in RL soon and I can get back to drawing (and finish up some of the pieces that have been languishing so long!)! I hope everyone is having a great summer so far--Wookiee-hugs to you all! :D [:D]

FF

7. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Don't feel bad. I've been gone so long a new generation is discovering my stuff. Don't worry

I need to hear about Stevie Ray! Did you get the CDs?

8. manycomics32

manycomics32 Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2005
    Falcon - your art is wonderful. Would you be at all interested in contributing to a fanzine that some friends of mine and I are putting together? If so, please contact me off list. Here is a link to give you the details.
    http://www.somerescue.com/A-Larger-Playground-Press--Main.html

thanks
    Laura Q
    email: manycomics@aol.com

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    After another protracted absence (...I go MIA now after just about every post... :( ), I'm back with an update--it's a piece I've already posted over at DeviantArt, so if you've already looked at it on that site, there's no need to comment again here (thanks, all! [:D] )!

For everyone here, this is a request that's finally completed for the long-suffering and perpetually patient Corran_Fett--it's one of the characters from his SW Mandalorian epic "Rage of the Shadow Warriors," available over on the Beyond the Saga Fan Fiction board. Ara was described to me as a veteran Mandalorian warrior, committed to duty; but she is also tired of wars and fighting and killing and death. This piece is meant to convey some of those conflicting emotions, and I hope it does:

Ara, Mando Soldier

Many thanks to everyone that takes a look!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    CucumberBoy wrote: "Don't feel bad. I've been gone so long a new generation is discovering my stuff."

ROFL!! [face_laugh] Indeed! I think I'm more sporadic than just about anyone else on the board here, though; between work and trying to find time to draw, it's murderous-hard to get enough time to visit and comment on everyone else's great stuff--which I hope to be able to do here over the next week! Thanks for dropping in (and the SRV CDs are the BOMB!! Great stuff--thanks for the recommendations!)!

manycomics32: So very sorry for letting your comment go unanswered for so long--many thanks for the kind words. My days are just too full to commit to another project, but I sincerely thank you for the asking--it's an honor! :D

I'm going to try to get into some of my favorite threads here now, and leave some long-overdue comments! Thanks again for taking time to check out the latest!

FF

10. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Beauty!!! =D= And it is possible to ask to give the reference to this product (Ñorran Fett's fic)? ;)

I wait still for your creations.[face_praying]

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Glad to see you back, Deb! [:D]

As always, your work is just... well, too perfect for words? [face_batting] I love Ara! Going on what was described to you, the conflicted emotions are quite evident on her expression and in her particular posture. Love teh shading and the detail -- it looks so lifelike!

It`s really great to see some new stuff from you again. [:D] :D

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've got to agree with I_M about the picture being perfect - the pose feels right, and your attention to detail is wonderful to behold.

I think my favourite detail is the character's left hand: its nice and relaxed-looking, perfectly proportioned, and very well shaded. I'm envious.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks to all of you! :D [:D]

DarthBellumSolo wrote: "And it is possible to ask to give the reference to this product ( Corran_Fett's fic)?"

Most certainly! The multi-chaptered epic beings here--I'm actually uncertain which chapter introduces Ara--she features prominently in "When Few Stood Against Many," the WIP chapter here. Happy reading, and many thanks for taking time to drop in and look!

Hi Idrelle! [:D] Thanks much for dropping in! I'm glad the emotions show--that was, according to the author, the reason he wanted me to do this piece: to convey that in a visual form. Hearing that people can pick that up means I did my job here! Thank you again!

soitscometothis: Warm hugs and many thanks, my friend! [:D] I'm delighted you like the pose--I had no reference for it, save my own sorry attempts to duplicate it in a mirror, lol! I had a devil of a time getting the raised knee and elbow into proper position... And I knew you'd comment on that hand! ;) Again, modeling off my own--and as she's just sitting, taking a much-needed break from blasting and killing, I figured it would be hanging lax this way. I considered making it fisted or closed, seeing that she's in a conflicted state of mind--but for some reason, this just seemed better: it makes her appear more comfortable "in her skin," so to speak. I'm so happy it looks okay! Thanks so much for taking time to drop in and comment! [:D]

As always, much gratitude to those who stop in to look! :D

FF

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! Welcome back, Deb! It's great to see you around these parts once again! [:D]

And you come bearing gifts, no less. ;)

Wonderful piece as always! You have some great intensity in her face and the pose is just so fitting for a Mando. Very casual, yet looks as if she'll rip your head off in a moment's notice. Great texture and tonal work all around. I love it! :)

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That is so vivid. And I feel that mood that he's in. love the pose, too. awesome, Falcon, but I expect no less coming from you.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi HS29!! [:D][:D] How are you?! Thanks so much for having a look, and for the kind words--you wrote: "Very casual, yet looks as if she'll rip your head off in a moment's notice." Awesome! I was hoping that came across: the "don't mess with me or you'll regret it" kind of mood! Even though she's tired of killing, I still got the sense that she'd be more than willing to blow someone's head off if they provoked her too much! ;) The texturing comes from no blending in most of this--it's just pencil, laid down in circulism. I did do a bit of blending in her face (just seemed to need it...skin and all), but most of the rest of it is unblended graphite. It gives a more "gritty" appearance, which seemed to fit this piece. Thank you for taking time to comment--always much appreciated!--and I hope all is well with you! :D [:D]

Hi there, SilSolo! Many thanks for the comments on the pose--I was working without a photo reference for it, so it's wonderful to hear it looks okay! **wipes away worry sweat!** I still need plenty of practice with figures, but it's a relief they don't all look horribly "broken" or out of proportion! :p It's great the mood comes across--thanks for mentioning that, too! Glad you like it!

I'm going to be riot-busy working over the weekend, so will thank everyone in advance for any visits--I'll try to drop in again come next week sometime! Wookiee-hugs to all! [:D]

FF

17. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Whoa... awesome piece! I always come in here and get wowed. Absolutely stunning work, as always! To mirror the earlier statement on it, I really feel like she might rip my head off in a moment's notice. :p

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's great! Based on your description, you showed her emotions very well.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely work on that mando soldier. He is so real. Looking worried and tired.

Fantastic piece.

20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Please keep a busy teacher informed of your breathtaking up-dates, luv!

[:D]

21. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    Hi FF :)

Whoooa your last job is so awesome !! =D=
    I didn't come for a long time and it's always pleasant to see your last and beautiful piece ! [face_love]

++

22. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Well, she certainly looks tough as rancor nails! Again, an awesome piece.

Say, what would it take for me to bug you into drawing one of my characters one of these days?

23. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, please tell us!

[face_praying]

24. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Falcon- DEAR ME! I'm astounded everytime I view your thread. Your pencil shaded drawings are... MARVELLOUS!

=D=

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello again all! **waving** Sorry I've been MIA for so long again--lots of working and not much time for drawing makes it tough to get into the forum, but it doesn't in any way reduce the gratitude I have for all the visits and all the comments--THANK YOU!!!

First, replies:

Trika_Kenobi--Hi!! Thanks so much for taking time from your busy writing schedule to drop in! I'm glad you liked Ara--she was actually kind of fun to draw, being the rather complex character she is! Thank you again!

NYCitygurl wrote: "Based on your description, you showed her emotions very well." Thank you so much! I'm always glad when the emotions are apparent--especially when it was something the requester really wanted! ;) Thanks for taking time to look and comment again!

Hi there earlybird-obi-wan! Thank you for taking a look and for the kind words--it's so great the "worried and tired" come across!

Hello Azure! [:D] Sorry--I guess I figure everyone that wants to see a new piece will eventually make it into the thread--just as you did! I very much appreciate your visit and kind words--thanks so much! :D

LittleZion wrote: "It's always pleasant to see your last and beautiful piece!" Many thanks, my talented friend! I've been meaning to get in and comment on your latest Jacen...back when he was still "our Jacen..." Beautiful--and I promise to comment properly in your thread, too! Thanks again!

Giolon05 wrote: "Well, she certainly looks tough as rancor nails!" ROFL!! [face_laugh] Good! That was the idea--along with showing that she's had a belly-full of killing and war...thank you so much for taking time to look and comment--and I'll PM you about the question! ;)

rhi-sparks--Aww, thanks! [face_blush][:D] You're too kind--thank you kindly for the visit and generous comments!

________________________________________________________________________________________

I ACTUALLY have an UPDATE! **watches everyone faint** I've been working on a request that stalled out for a bit, which freed up some time to finish a piece that got started clear back when I read Legacy of the Force: Fury. Rather than outline the scene, I'll exerpt from the book narrative--it sets the scene so much better than I ever could--if you haven't read the novel LOTF: Fury, this serves here as a SPOILER WARNING--it's a scene from near the end of the book:

In the Millennium Falcon's main hold, which had mostly served as a crew lounge for most of the years Han had owned the freighter, Leia and Han sat Allana down on the sofa and bent to face her more at eye level.
    "We're going to take you back to Hapes now," Leia said. Seeing Allana up close for so long, it was hard for her to concentrate. The little girl was so familiar, staring up at her with eyes Leia knew so well.
    The realization of where she knew Allana from was like rising from a pool after too long underwater. Suddenly Leia could breathe again, could think again. Allana had Tenel Ka's coloration--the fair skin, red hair, gray eyes--but her face, her expressions, her lively intelligence, were so like his when he was a child, before Yuuzhan Vong and voxyn and Vergere and who-knows-what twisted all the happiness out of his life. Leia found she could not speak.
    But Allana wiggled, happy. "You're Leia Organa Solo."
    Leia nodded, mute.
    "You're Jacen's mommy."
    Leia nodded again.
    "He's my daddy."
    Finally Leia found her voice again. "I know," she whispered.
    She knelt and pulled Allana to her in an embrace. She stood with the little girl in her arms. "I'm your grandmother."

Excerpt from Aaron Allston's Legacy of the Force: Fury

Grandparents

The likenesses lack some (Leia's especially--I plead continuing inability to render Carrie Fisher's face! :p ), and it's a b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.