main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Fall 2013: TV Premieres Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Sep 21, 2013.

?

Fall 2013 Premiere Most Anticipated?

1. Agents of SHIELD (ABC)- Clark Gregg

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. The Blacklist (NBC)- James Spader

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Sleepy Hollow (FOX)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Almost Human (FOX)-Karl Urban (premieres in November)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. The Crazy Ones (CBS)- Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Crisis (NBC)- Dermot Mulroney

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Brooklyn Nine Nine (NBC)- Andy Samberg

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Hostages (CBS)- Dylan McDermott

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. Other (mention in thread)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Also what about the spinoff series to OUAT? Starts beginning of Oct.

2. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes blacklist was very good. Nice twists and turns there. The relationship between the husband and wife seemed genuine which is hard to come by I find.

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    And I'm watching The crazy Ones right now...and it's not that great...bordering on bad. Which is a shame because I like Robin Williams.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm watching the Michael J Fox Show. It's okay so far, characters are good. Different take on confessional shows, with shades of 30 Rock given the setting.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I caught the Brooklyn 9-9 pilot, which was amusing and I had planned to follow that series but it's up against Agents of SHIELD and nothing supersedes that this season so B99 will have to wait for reruns. I'm gonna give Robin Williams a shot but I'm not expecting my sitcom void left by 30 Rock and The Office to be filled anytime soon (noting that Parks & Rec, Community and HIMYM will be Netflix marathons at some point in my future).

I'm also going to give The Blacklist a go (though I have to stream it it due to ongoing audio mix problems with SD NBC on Optimum). It's off to a good start- a bit iffy here and there (such as the absurd degree to which Spader is incarcerated and then not and then again for no reason). It's no Hannibal (but then, what is?) but Spader makes it enjoyable.

I have my eye on Almost Human because of Urban's involvement in Nov as well. And if JMS's Vlad Dracula series on Starz hits this season, I'll definitely be adding that to my list as well.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Saw the new season premiere of Big Bang Theory. Great two episodes.
    Looking forward to more Modern Family and 2 Broke Girls.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Modern Family was brilliant last night- I maintain that Phil Dunphy is the funniest character created for TV since Tobias Funke.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I missed the first episode but saw the 2nd episode. He is hilarious. Great show. Hard keeping track of who is who when you first start out though.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Some interesting aggregate scores from Metacritic for premieres:

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - 74
    The Blacklist - 73

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 69
    Sleepy Hollow - 64
    The Michael J. Fox Show - 63
    Trophy Wife - 63

The Crazy Ones - 57
    The Goldbergs - 52

We Are Men - 26 (lol)

Hooray for James Spader. So good to have him back on TV.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How's The Michael J. Fox Show? That one looks pretty decent.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I just got a chance to re-watch this week's premiere of The Blacklist. I'm tempted to say it's one of the 2-3 best premieres I've ever seen. Certainly better first episodes than some similar shows that went on to be great, like 24 and Burn Notice, both of which had slow starts, and hit their stride in the 4th or 5th episodes.

I'd put it right up there with the premiere of Person of Interest, which is my favorite tv premiere, and one of my favorite shows to date. The one thing that concerns me is longevity, how long they can extend the actual blacklist- but I am very excited for what we'll get.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It was... a tad more than decent, too. This has the chance to be a good, maybe even a great show. The cast has good chemistry, and the metaness of his character helps a lot to ease into jokes & situations that involve his Parkinson's disease.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The previews looked really good, but previews do not a good show make. Perhaps I will watch this?

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Looking at early ratings, The Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow appear to be hanging tough, neither lost too much going from Week 1 to 2, and Blacklist posted a solid 3.6 in the key demo. CBS' new early-week shows are showing some struggles.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    thank god. It's a good show.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I've been hearing great things about it from everywhere online and all the previews and BtS stuff out there has looked damn good. Honestly, FOX's history with most of it's Sci - Fi shows is probably why I've been reluctant to start watching. Now that I know it's getting a second season, I'll probably sit down tomorrow and catch up on the episodes I've missed out so far.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, a season is only 13 episodes? Guess that explains why they were willing to renew it so early.

19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Blacklist was severely helped by Spader just chewing through any scene he was involved in.

I found the MJF Show to just be fairly pedestrian. Then again, I'm not a fan of the easy comedies but more the satirical ones.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The reviews I read painted it as a Modern Family clone, especially after the pilot.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If it is (as I've never watched Modern Family), then it works well enough.

:p

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I imagine they could keep it going for quite a while, as long as they establish some numbers as recurring figures and build up arcs based on others. Person of Interest has managed to come up with a truly impressive number of ways to keep their premise fresh and varied (especially with how they rotate between different groups of antagonists): given enough time, I think they could find a way to do the same thing here.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How is Agents of SHIELD doing? I've heard mixed reception.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Landed a 3.3 in the demo for its second episode, solid, third in the timeslot behind The Voice and NCIS. I'd imagine renewal will be announced soon. Zap2It tracks renewals/cancellations, here are their picks for the Fall, for any TV junkies like me out there :-B:

[​IMG]

25. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Of course Hawaii Five-0 is going to go. Especially after this disaster.

darthcaedus1138 and heels1785 like this.