main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fall Into the Sky {YJK, J/Z One-Shot Songfic}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rogue_Even, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Fall Into the Sky
    By Rogue_Even
    ~*:*~
    Note: I wrote this fic several months ago, and dug it out today and decided to post. However, I now think it sucks, lol. But I'm posting it anyways. The song is, of course, A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, and the fic takes place during The Lost Ones, a bit after they realise Zekk is missing.
    ~*:*~

At night, the streets of Coruscant became even more alive with activity. Long lines of people lingered outside of bars and nightclubs, merchants offered their wares in hopes to entice wide-eyed tourists, and countless people filled the streets.
    In the midst of all the hustle and bustle, a small young woman walked back towards her home, heart heavy. She barely noticed the multitudes of people she walked by, her mind registering only one thing:
    He was gone.

Makin? my way downtown
    Walking fast
    Faces pass and I?m homebound

No one even knew she was out here. Jaina had snuck out of the Imperial Palace, in order to look for Zekk. Her mother didn?t even believe anything was wrong, but Jaina knew better. She knew Zekk, and knew that he wouldn?t have simply disappeared like that, not with him planning on spending the day with them. He mother may have only thought of him as a street scamp, but he was Jaina?s best friend, and she wasn?t about to sit idly by when she knew there was something wrong.
    Jaina rubbed at her eyes wearily. She had been out searching all night, and hadn?t found a trace of the green-eyed boy. She stared directly ahead, dodging through the crowds, her eyes dim with worry and exhaustion. She didn?t even have the heart to look around. All she wanted was to go back home, crawl into bed, and fall into a sleep where she could hopefully forget all that was plaguing her, even if only for a little while.

Staring blankly ahead
    Just makin? my way
    I?m makin? a way
    Through the crowd

Jaina?s heart ached. She missed Zekk so much. He?d only been missing for a short time, true, but she was afraid she would never see him again.
    And that thought hurt her like nothing else.
    She needed him. There was no denying that. She needed him.
    Jaina bit her lip at the thought, but kept walking.

And I need you
    And I miss you

Jaina wanted to simply disappear. She had a horrible suspicion that the next time she saw Zekk - if she ever did see him - things would be irrevocably changed between them.
    She didn?t want that to happen. She didn?t want to lose her best friend. She just wanted to hide, to not face what she feared was happening.
    That kind of attitude was not at all like Jaina, but she was frightened, more frightened than she had been in almost longer than she could remember. If she lost Zekk, she didn?t know what she?d do.
    Jaina didn?t know how to stop that from happening, but she would do everything in her power to not let that occur.
    But a part of her knew that she wouldn?t be able to stop it, and she wished vainly that she could somehow pause time so that it would never happen.
    At that moment, Jaina knew that if she found out Zekk was on the other side of the planet, she would walk there. She wanted to see him so badly that she would do almost anything for one more look into his beautiful emerald eyes, which Jaina caught herself getting lost in more and more frequently.

And now I wonder
    If I could fall into the sky
    Do you think time would pass me by
    Cause you know I?d walk a thousand miles
    If I could just see you . . . tonight

As she walked the streets heading back towards the Imperial Palace, Jaina finally began to take note of her surroundings. She had walked these same streets so many times before, only with Zekk at her side.
    She let out a long, quiet sigh. She wondered if wherever he was, he was thinking of her too.
    More importantly, she wondered if he ever thought of her the same way she thought of him.

It?s times like these
    When I think of you
    And wonder if you ever think of me

But she knew that now was not the time nor the place to be thinking o

2. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    That was really heavy, Julie. :( Excellently written, I don't know why you thought it was bad! It's an awesome "missing moment" from YJK. :) BTW, acting as an emissary for the YJK Index... :p

PM the following information to the YJK Index if you wish your fic to be added to it:
    Title: (linked)
    Author:
    Summary:
    Keywords: (please include the genre, pairings and main characters)
    Author?s Notes: (if needed)

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    yummy angst... *sighs* i'm in heaven :D :p

i thought that was really good, despite your negative opinion but anyway...

very sweet, and something i could see in the books :D

~TJF

4. SindarinElfJedi

SindarinElfJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2003
    That was something I could see in the book...

5. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh, so sweet and sad! *sniff*

She loves him so much! If only she knew how he really felt...
    :_| :_|

Is Zekk really three years older than Jaina? :confused: I always thought he was only around two years older... hmmmmm.
    *goes to do the math again*

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    he's two-three years older. YJK doesn't say anything specific, but it's at least two years ;)

~TJF

7. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    :( :_| [face_love] [face_love] :_| :( [face_love]

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* I'm in angst-heaven with TJF... [face_love]

That was wonderful, Rogue! The emotions were very well-written and pulled me into the story. And then, of course, it's Zekk and Jaina. And it's angst. And it's GOOD angst. :p Again, loved it! :)

8. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Oh Lordy Julie...........

I was ready to break down and cry......

To hell with it all!

Give us EVERYTHING you've EVER written on SW!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING is so.... so.... so..... Emotional.

You weave a tapstry of feeling and setting.

Each emotion is captured.

More please............

9. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    he's two-three years older. YJK doesn't say anything specific, but it's at least two years

Around what I thought then. ;) My estimation comes almost entirely from Shards of Alderaan, when he remembers that eight years had passed since the last time Ennth had the natural disasters, when he was nine. I assumed Jacen and Jaina had turned fifteen by then, but either way, they must be around 2-3 years apart. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.