main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FALL JEDI DRAFT OF '06 (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    I agree... [face_plain]

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

I'm going to let this go until morning, I'm leaning a certain way but I'd like to give Clarke a chance to defend his guy.

[image=http://www.rpg-domain.de/TPM/bdroids.jpg]

There's the Nihilus Fan Club now!:p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    The cut duel with Nihilus and Sion is pretty hilarious, though.

4. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    Oh ok I guess that makes sense. And I agree with what you said on that match.

But I probably down grade KOTOR characters so...

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    NYJ summed it up pretty well for me. I'm voting for bulq.

And Dooku, obviously.

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Tatooine Conference

Karate Kommandoes (3-0) vs. Sgt Pepper?s Team (0-3)

Darth Nihilus vs. Sora Bulq

Wow, I'm surprised that a couple misguided quotes landed Sora Bulq a vote here. I was leaning heavily towards Nihilus and nothing has been said to change my mind. First off, Kreia isn't the lady to be talking to about Nihulus' power. He force pushed that crazy old woman so hard it's probably what made her lose her own mind.

If Kreia's quotes are taken as truth, then break out the champagne for whatever team has Tulak Hord...

The reason Nihilus lost the fight against the Exile were as follows:

1) He tried to feed off the Exile's power over Telos and ended up swallowing all the deaths of Malachor over again (you know, that fancy battle which actually caused the Exile to be a void in the Force). Nihilus consumed those tragedies and still put up a damn good fight.

2) Visas Marr was present. She was a viable distraction to the Dark Lord which allowed the trio to take him down. Visas was pretty involved in the battle.

3) Nihilus was focusing on the larger picture before the attack came from the Exile. I'm not saying it totally excuses his lack of planning, but he didn't know who was coming (or more importantly that a void was approaching) which gives the trio the advantage.

4) Last and least is the fact that it wasn't just a trump, but you've also got the greatest Mandalorian warrior right alongside Exile and Visas blasting and slashing away. Mandalore isn't anyone to be trifled with, they've gone toe to toe with some top notch Jedi that are in this Draft and while they didn't win they certainly didn't get beat like an ordinary non-Force user would have.

Sora Bulq has a good record of losing to people. Mace pwned him in a second or two, and if I remember correctly Dooku had an easy time with him as well. If you're going to go one on one with a Sith Lord that consumed the greatest tragedy in galactic history up to that point, stood toe to toe with a trio of top notch fighters in an extremely weakened state, and was power on the scale of unimaginable you better bring a whole lot more to the table than Sora Bulq.

Winner: Darth Nihilus

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    *tap-dances*

[image=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8070/65ea8bdeadfk4.gif]

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    [image=http://www.wwiivictory.org/posters/poster-4.jpg]

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    [image=http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_multimedia/bat_art/pics_big/Cat_signal.jpg]

Someone change that to a Craxle Signal, ASAP!:p

Time to flood the inbox my friends![face_devil]

10. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i'm going to have to agree with inty on these issues.

11. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Wow, I'm truly surprised at that outcome. A losing record for Bulq, while Nihilus holds his own against three very competent warriors and we get Bulq as the winner? I'd call it crazy, but that's the reason we have three judges8-}

Four!!

Tatooine Conference

Karate Kommandoes (3-1) vs. Sgt Pepper?s Team (1-3)

Exar Kun vs. Darth Traya

Hoth Conference

Up Your Arsenal (2-2) vs. Tek Janson?s Omega Squad (2-2)

The Exile vs. Nomi Sunrider

LET?S GET IT ON!!!

[/b]

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fairly straightforward. Exile and Kun are simply better.

13. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    My damn numbers have been sucking in both drafts, this is getting ridiculous.

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002

Agreed. Next round in a moment.

15. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Three?

Tatooine Conference

Karate Kommandoes (4-1) vs. Sgt Pepper?s Team (1-4)

Lady Githany (forfeit) vs. Darth Vader

Hoth Conference

Up Your Arsenal (3-2) vs. Tek Janson?s Omega Squad (2-3)

Ganner Rhysode vs. Cay Qel-Droma

Congrats to ClarkeWayne for making the finals! The second match is of great importance and could use some discussion, as I at least am currently unsure of where my vote will go.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm definately leaning towards one direction with my vote, but i could use discussion.

17. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Vader has more power than githany?

18. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Githany would totally pwn Vader, which is why she didn't even bother showing up to fight:p

19. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    so i was looking at ganner and cay and i switched the letters of their names around. what do you get? canner and gay? now a friend of mine has a cousin that lives in west virginia and her name is nina-gay. she eats this bizzare root vegetable called a ramp. i've been told it's like a cross between an onion and a potato. supposedly if you eat too many ramps, you smell aweful for at least a day or two. so at my friend's family reunion somebody picks up nina-gay and says; "wheeeew! gawl-ee nina-gay, you been eatin' ramps again!?"

i think it's funny when people name their children gay. i think we should take some time now to discuss this before christmas.

20. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002

[face_laugh]

It's even funnier if you imagine it being said by your icon:p

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    People who name their children Gay need to be shot out of a cannon into a kiddie pool filled with tapioca pudding. This is my personal belief. In fact, I feel so strongly about this that I may just form a religion around it. The only thing holding me back is that I'm stumped on what to name my religion. Perhaps... Gay...

Anyways, this is a quality fight. Hmmm, yes, indeed.

Look at it this way: A guy best known for going out in a blaze of glory against thousands of barking-mad warriors vs. a guy best know for, well... how many times did he lose that arm again? ;)

But no, really, this is very close, but I do think it's gotta lean towards the legend here.

Power - Yep, Cay's got to be fairly powerful. Qel-Droma's ain't Skywalkers, but it a pretty powerful bloodline regardless. Though Cay never ever showed Ulic-like power. He's the Jaina to his Jacen, and almost as girly.

But Ganner's powerful, too. He may not have a household name behind it, but he was always powerful. Even back when we first saw him he was powerful. I think I said this before, but yeah, he was a total ass about at first, but it's not like there wasn't anything backing up his talk.

And I brought all this up during his match against Kyp, but his true peak is not the actual last stand. That wouldn't be duplicated. But his peak did come when he realized his true nature... or whatever you want to call it. No doubt he was changed in that moment on a base level. Duplicating the last stand on an everyday basis? No. But had he survived somehow, would we have seen a significantly superior Ganner on a regular basis than what we were used to seeing? Yes, I personally think so.

Slight edge to Ganner, I'd say. He's simply had better displays of power. Even outside of the last stand.

Skill - Another slight edge to Ganner, most likely. Aside from Ganner's one nasty little slip-up, thanks to his arrogance, he's displayed consistantly good skill with a saber. And he got over his jackass phase. And well, yeah, last stand. Able to duplicate or no, that's still a far, far better display than anything we've seen out of Cay.

Cay's also not bad. Did pretty well against a pissed Ulic, and that's worth bragging about. But come on, was Ulic ever in jeopardy of losing that match? And there have been other times where he didn't look so hot.

Cay's pretty solid throughout his career, but I'd classify Ganner as a little more than solid.

Experience - Quality to Cay, probably. Ganner can't match the blade-to-blade experience, and not against an opponent like Ulic, certainly, but Ganner's definitely more seasoned overall. He fought in numerous very tough battles like Myrkr, and then he's got a whole "fortress" of dead Vong to his credit as well.

Call it a push. Maybe slight edge to Cay because I personally value quality experience a little higher than quantity.

Overall, I won't get in a twist if I lose this one, but I think Ganner's a little more powerful and skilled, and it's certainly no blowout, but I think it's Rhysode's to lose here.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not trying to sound lame, but I mirror Durron's sentiment here.

This is as close to a push as I've seen, no chance I'll be mad if it doesn't go my way.

23. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    My quick decision is Cay Qel-Droma. I'll explain it later tomorrow morning if you guys want, but fighting Ulic and holding your own is more impressive than an impossible to duplicate last stand.

24. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    besides dying, what has ganner done that was impressive?

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    You know, Ghost. I was halfway through typing up an actual response to your query, but then I caught myself. Don't know what I was thinking.

Instead, I think I am going to go with the Force well, Ghost, to partially explain why Cay had any power whatsoever. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.