FALL JEDI DRAFT OF '06 (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5

Agreed
  2. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Two!

Up Your Arsenal (0-1) vs. Karate Kommandoes (1-0)

Kol Skywalker vs. Darth Sion

This one warrants a bit of discussion, IMO
  3. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Skill - Kol. Nihl > Sion. Nihl got schooled.

Power - Kol. Sion is powerful, but most of his power is kept busy just in keeping himself together. He might be able to pop back up a couple times outside of Malachor, but he'll tire soon enough. And then, well, you know, Skywalker.

Experience - Kol. Mound of dead Sith > one-shotting Traya's hand, a short and undecided fight against the Exile and her pals in an advantageous battleground, and getting pwned by Exile half a dozen times.

Sion's very good, but in a "backfield" kind of way. It's not that close. Not a slice-type blowout, but definitely clear.

Put it this way: I'd put Kol over the likes of Malak in a close one. That's his level. IMO, of course.
  4. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree with what you were saying until you brought Malak into Kol's level. Now I hope you lose the match.[face_devil]:p

I'm not saying Kol couldn't hang a bit with Malak, but I think he's a little out of his class.
  5. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh reeeaaalllyy? ;)

You think I'd say something like that without being able to back it up? I'll break that one down later, if I have to. Like for a team battle, or something.
  6. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not saying you couldn't try to break it down. You'd still be wrong, but you can try:p

I'm tempted to go into Mass Malak Pimping Mode but I'll refrain as it's unnecessary both from me and at the moment.
  7. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sure, sure. I'd be oh so wrong. We'll see about that. ;)
  8. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://bailey.aros.net/nature/images/Ground%20Squirrel.jpg]
  9. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey! Walter there was meant as a gift! Are you giving him back? :(
  10. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    oh, right, judgment.

Kol wins, pretty much for the reasons Durron laid out. I await the day when the first round consists entirely of Skywalkers and their bloodlines. :p
  11. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    While I think you're selling Sion short*, I too believe that Kol is the better of the two.

*The battle on Korriban you refer to wasn't indecisive, it was a dish of ass kicking served up by Sion and spoon fed to the Exile. They ran away, it wasn't a draw as you refer to it.

Oh and I'm still upset about you claiming that Kol is Malak's superior. Actually I pouted around last night at one of my lady friend's house the whole time. Really upset the mood, thanks Durron. I also believe your first name to be Kevin, which if it is the case demands you be on my Hit List as it is also the name of the bane of my existence: Kevin the Second Born. My younger brother.

Your doom is at hand, Durron!
  12. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The battle on Korriban you refer to wasn't indecisive, it was a dish of ass kicking served up by Sion and spoon fed to the Exile. They ran away, it wasn't a draw as you refer to it.

Though I may be off on the wording here, I just recently played through the game again.

Traya's voice: This is not a battle you can win. You must flee.

Exile: I will not run from him. (Something like that, or a more nasty darksided response, if you so choose.)

Traya's voice: You cannot defeat him here. Not while Korriban runs through him. There will be other opportunities. Run!

*Exile and his crew run*

Oh, and of course, Sion has backup in the form of not one, not two, not three, but four Sith Assassins as well. And that was so very, very, very far from the Exile's peak. And I didn't say it was a draw. I said it was undecided. Is it just me, or was there a distinct feeling of deja vu right there? ;) I know we've discussed the difference before, WINDEX.

EDIT: Just thought of something. Not really expecting a debate out of this, but I find it interesting is all. You're very quick to defend Yoda for running away from Sidious in a bad situation. A situation that would've almost certainly gotten him killed had he pressed the matter. Pointing out this little detail and that one and this one again, and explaining why he's still superior and what have you.

And yet, that same courtesy doesn't extend to the Exile. Nope, she got her ass kicked. Hmmmmm... ;) [face_shame_on_you] :p

Oh, and sorry for ruining your night. :( Good to know that I have such sway, though. To pop up in thoughts of someone whilst they are "with" their lady friends. Now that's power, ladies and gentlemen. :p
  13. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5

Ok, I admit that I forgot about the Sith Assassins being there. Point taken. However, saying it's a draw or undecided shouldn't matter because the very thing you're attempting to do by claiming those things is consistent: Downplaying Sion's abilities.

I know it wasn't the Exile's peak, in fact it was very, very, very far away from it as you stated. The point I'm just making is that had the Exile stayed, she would have been killed which means Sion would have beaten her. In my mind, Sion came out of the fight victorious because the Exile failed in her objective of killing him. It's true that Sion technically failed also because he's trying to kill her, but that's like saying Dooku didn't win the AOTC duels against Skywalker and Kenobi because he didn't finish them off.

Always back to Sidious and Yoda, eh? The difference is that Yoda defeated Sidious in their saber duel (it's in the script) and matched the Dark Lord's power. Yoda ran away for one reason, which was the legion of Clonetroopers on their way to defend the Emperor. Yoda didn't run away from Sidious, he ran away from impossible odds and certain death at the point of 500 blaster rifles. Do you see what I'm getting at here? Exile was defeated by Sion, whether it be her peak or not while Yoda would have killed the Emperor had it not been for reinforcements. (Afterall, Yoda retrieves his lightsaber after falling so I really don't imagine Sidious lasting long against our little green friend when he's proven his equal and the Dark Lord is unarmed.)
  14. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    yeah, so, how about another match?
  15. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Three!!!

Up Your Arsenal (1-1) vs. Karate Kommandoes (1-1)

The Exile vs. Bastila Shan trumped with Lady Githany

Would have been more interesting if PoD were being taken into account, but we?ll see if Clarke has anything to say for his ladies.
  16. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was just trying to get a reaction out of you, WINDEX. You never fail to disappoint. :p

Though I'm really not trying to downplay Sion's abilities. I had him last time, remember? I wouldn't have drafted him if I weren't impressed with him. Hell, before I re-read Rebel Stand, I was convinced he was a good deal better than Nyax. I meant exactly what I said. He's very good, but in back-three type of way. Very solid 4th round type, IMO. Always has been. Though, just because I drafted him, that doesn't mean I wasn't aware of his limitations. Though obviously I'm more inclined to draw attention to them now. ;)

And excellent draw for me here. *grins madly* Though, yeah, definitely give Clark a chance to say some stuff if he wants to.
  17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/g2/d/12974-1/flying-cat-fight.jpg]
  18. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oooo i sense a double trump bustage.

I reckon this one could go to teams.
  19. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    My quick decision is that the Exile busts the trump. Probably would be much closer if we took PoD into account but that's an argument for another draft...
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, Exile is too much woman for that trump to handle
  21. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, gotta be textile's items.

oh and p.s.:

wang, i loved the squirrel.
    i just wanted to make sure this draft saw what you got for me.
  22. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Six

Up Your Arsenal (2-1) vs. Karate Kommandoes (1-2)

The Ganner vs. Darth Malak

LET?S GET IT ON!
  23. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Looks like teams, then. Malak wins.
  24. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
  25. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    No need to post forfeits, so straight to teams!

Up Your Arsenal (3-3) vs. Karate Kommandoes (3-3)

Count Dooku, The Exile, Arca Jeth, Kol "I'm no Malak" Skywalker, Kavar, Ganner Rhysode

vs.

Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Bastila Shan, Lady Githany

LET?S GET IT ON!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.