FALL JEDI DRAFT OF '06 (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Suzuki_Akira, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh no you didn't, WINDEX. I wasn't going to bother, but Malak may as well be peanut-filled **** on a stick now. He's going down, and so will whatever little porta-potty nuggets you happen to fish up that you may refer to as counter-arguments.

;) :D

But yeah, arguments up later.
  2. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Hahahaha. Somebody picked Nihilus. Hahahaha.
  3. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh ****, son! It's da Kenobi!
  4. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice to see you're still amongst the living, Ken;)
  5. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    and here we go:

Count Dooku, The Exile, Arca Jeth, Kol "I'm no Malak" Skywalker, Kavar, Ganner Rhysode

vs.

Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Bastila Shan, Lady Githany

well there's the obvious:

count dooku <= exar kun
    textile > malak
    acre jeth >>> darth nihilus
    kol > sion
    kavar = bastila
    ganner >> githany

so now lets talk cohesion. wang's team arguably has a compromised cohesion issue with dooku at the helm, however, dooku is a natural leader and is also a man who will work with his assigned compatriots. i have even had moments when watching the movies where i wondered just exactly who's side dooku is REALLY on. but the whole trechary element would be saved by that old man until after he saw his team take the win. what hasly stands out to me though is how wang's gang has unanimous strength all the way down the board. every pick on there has a good place and is well assigned. he has connections between characters like textile and kavar and presumable connections between characters like kol and acre. the kommandoes have connections too, so don't think i havn't noticed. but the nature of their connections have to do strictly with fear and competition. yes, there are a handful of badguys from kotor games, but i think all in all they'd just about hate each other and may not work together very well. malak would want to be superior and nihilus, well God only knows what he'd be doing. but cohesion isn't everything, and there is the off chance that the kommandoes would be able to mesh.

considering power...

well power is kind of a push, whatever that means. but there is really no shortage of it on either side.

skill however, well here's where i figure team matches get down to the nitty-gritty. the kommandoes have kun and malak who are both skilled siths and have had their fair share of intensity. but their downright skill as far as control is concerned does not really hold a candle to what dooku and textile could bring. their leadership skills also pale in comparison to wang's two natural leaders in the top tier.

i guess if you all wanted to hear me jaw about it i could think of a handful of reasons to give this decision the way i will, but i figure the arsenal is a little more up to the challange than the kommandoes are.

winner: wang's arsenal
  7. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, gee whiz. Thanks, Maxle. I'll post some arguments, anyways. Though time hasn't really been on my side these past couple days, so don't expect anything too grand here. I've got limited time to work with and judgments to make elsewhere and all the rest.

And Malak gets a reprieve for now.

Dooku = Kun (It's close to the point that I don't even want to bother giving either an edge. Kun and his amulets probably have more power, skill is a push with a slight edge to Dooks maybe, and Dooky owns in experience. Quantity, sure, but definitely in the quality department. Vodo... or Yoda, Mace, Kenobi and Skywalker (among others) multiple times each?)

Exile > Malak
    Kol >> Nihilus
    Arca > Sion
    Kavar <= Bastila
    Ganner > Githany

Cohesion - Yep, Dooks is a sore spot. No way around it. However, there's a worse one on the opposing squad. Whether you're a member of the Nihilus Fan Club and believe him to be an all-powerful uber demon capable of beating a trump of Luke, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Luke and Luke, or whether you consider yourself a part of the 'Nihilus Sucks Completely and Utterly' Brigade, or whether you're somewhere in between, one thing never changes. Nihilus is still the least-cohesive pile of yuck that's ever graced the draft. All he gives a crap about is his hunger, and his teammates would look just as tasty to him as anyone on my team.

And, uh, damn. Time's already whittling down on me here, so I gotta hurry this up some more. Exile's leadership and weird, leechy meld, Kol's leadership, Arca's BM and Kavar's strategy.

Skill - Dooku's quite possibly top dog in this match, and then, after Kun for the other guys, it's Exile and Kol. My guys are better at the top, and my backfield can more than hold their own.

Power - Kun may be tops, but any one of my top three aren't far behind. Kol, Dooku and Textile could all hang. Dooky's power is well known, Skywalker is Skywalker and Textile is very powerful herself. After tearing through and absorbing the deaths and power of the entire Trayus Academy, she's quite mexcellent. And one can only imagine the boost she got off of Traya death. Arca is also very powerful and Ganner more than pulls his weight in the back. Only Kavar is a weak link, but even then, we have seen a halfway decent display from him in-game, so he's not helpless here.

Experience - Mass quantity and quality from Dooks and Exile and Kol. Ganner's got kills aplenty notched in his belt and Arca's plenty good here, too.

Uh... yeah. Totally not my best work, and I could go much more in-depth with certain things, but that's what it's gotta be for now.
  8. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    This one isn't too hard for me.

One team has a clear individual advantage at every level (or at worst a tie in some cases).

Neither team has stellar cohesion.

And the more I review Dooku's exploits, the less convinced I am that Kun is better than Dooku.

I think Maxle summed it up well. Dooku might be a snake, but no one on that team was ever double crossed by him, and he wouldn't do it anytime he needed them.

Up Your Arsenal is just better, in my opinion. They get my vote, too.
  9. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woohoo! Halfway there. So as long as the Bad Number Fairy doesn't pimp smack me two matches in a row...
  10. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    SIX!

Up Your Arsenal (0-0) vs. Karate Kommandoes (0-0)

Count Dooku vs. Exar Kun

LET?S GET IT ON!
  11. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ugh. Speak of the dirty, stinking devil. I suppose I got into this a tad in my team arguments, but proper arguments up tomorrow... or today, I guess. It's late... early... whatever.
  12. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Just hurry it up so I can vote against you:p
  13. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, no real need to get all detailed. It can go either way. Pretty much what I said earlier.

Power - Kun
    Skill - Push
    Experience - Dooku

Skill is close enough to be irrelevent, Kun's got the power egde, but not by that much, and Dooku owns experience.

So, either you like the edge in power for Kun, or you like Dooku's much better experience against major league opponents.
  14. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I've gone back and forth on this one about a million times, but i think it comes down to this:

Count Dooku's major advantage a majority of the time is his superior skill with the lightsaber. Even his own GM admits that it's roughly a push between Dooku and Kun. Giving Kun a minor advantage in power, and that's probably enough to take it. Why? Well, yes, Dooku has an experience advantage, but that only comes into play, in my opinion, to decide a match this close, if one person has a bunch of quality experienece, and the other has only faced a bunch of pooka opponents. And Exar Kun has certainly faced better than just pooka, so I think that Dooku's quality of experience advantage won't be enough to give him a win here, but it is very, very, very close.

Winner: Exar Kunstoppable.
  15. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, that prolly how I would vote it, too. Bleh.
  16. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, when it comes down to teams and leadership ability i would have to hand the prize do dooku. in many ways i can see how he would come out on top in this particular altercation. dooku has superior control and just plain elegance when it comes to saber combat. but it isn't hard to tell that kun has power in his corner. looking at the evidence and falling back on that ass with a hellafied gangsta lean though, i'll have to give it to kun too. dooku didn't manage to handle yoda, but kun did manage to kill vodo...

kunstoppable
  17. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, but Yoda >> Vodo, though. ;)
  18. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Eh, Kun over Dooku?

Close, but no cigarra.

Not that it matters. lololol Nihilus.
  19. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Interesting ruling. Not that I can disagree.

My new draft manual sig: lol @ Nihilus
  20. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    His power is nothing, his skill is nothing and he got owned like he was nothing... right?
  21. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5

Granted, but Kun also held the entire Senate in suspense with the Force and effortlessly killed the Supreme Chancellor (who was a Jedi) before even fighting Vodo.

I probably would have leaned Dooku's way in all honesty, but I didn't want to vote unless needed. Next match in a few

EDIT: Nihilus is still a beast, despite KK's loling.
  22. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Three

Up Your Arsenal (0-1) vs. Karate Kommandoes (1-0)

Arca Jeth trumped with Kavar vs. Darth Malak

Malak is bonafide trump busting machine. Can he take this one down? Should prove very interesting?
  23. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Granted, but Kun also held the entire Senate in suspense with the Force and effortlessly killed the Supreme Chancellor (who was a Jedi) before even fighting Vodo.

Ohhhh deja vu. What was his name, Zooks? Acid_Salt_Killer or something like that?

Nihilus is still a beast, despite KK's loling.

whoa srsly? lololol proof?
  24. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, power. Malak is pretty powerful, but I think Arca can very much match him here all by himself.

I mean, how powerful is Malak really? This is still the Malak that couldn't even hope to overpower Revan, is it not? Of course, Revan > Malak, no questions asked, but Revan and his buddies had just gone through the Star Forge fighting wave after wave after wave of Sith, Sith apprentices, Sith troopers and droids galore. Thinking outside of a game mechanics standpoint, where the characters never ever tire, there's no way was Revan at 100% after all that.

Not only that, but the Star Forge itself, being an ancient darkside artifact, was fueling Malak's power. And not only that, but during the duel he started to draw upon the power of all of the captured Jedi from the enclave to save his ass. And even after all this, he couldn't get the job done.

Meanwhile, Arca's got some incredible power of his own. There's the BM display, of course, but again I draw attention to the time he cleansed an area saturated in the darkside simply by showing up. The darkside energy itself just up and took off at the first sign of his arrival.

Malak may have been able to get the drop on Revan and Bastila aboard the Leviathan, but for one, Revan wasn't yet back at full peak form, and also, he just had the giant bombshell dropped on him. No way was the big revelation not screwing with his head. And he still ended up retreating and hiding for a time.

Arca can at least match Malak in power, and Kavar definitely puts the trump over the top.

Skill is closer. Malak's got a skill edge on both these guys individually, obviously, but together, I think the trump can at least turn it into a push against him, if not overtake him slightly.

Experience is close. Probably an overall edge to Malak based on the quality of his opponents, most notably Revan, of course, even though he got thouroughly schooled despite his advantages.

Without using turbolasers to fire on Arca and Kavar on the bridge of a ship, without the power of the Star Forge backing him, without helpless slaves to replenish his strength, without a maze of blast doors to run and hide behind, yeah, this is a trump capable of taking down Malak. Don't think Kavar wouldn't love a shot at No-Jaw. ;) :p

(Speaking of which, Malak's jaw injury was the result of a lightsaber injury against an (as of yet) unidentified Jedi Master in a duel, and there's a completely unsubtantiated rumor floating around that said Jedi Master was Kavar. I believe that this should definitely be taken into account in this contest. :p But yeah, that would be interesting if it were true. It'd shoot Kavar's stock up a good bit, at least.)
  25. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.