main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fall Like Fire (L/M; Sequel; AU) Updated 11/12 Chapter Ten -- MARA AWAKES!! .... and..... ^_^

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Agent_Jaid, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Anakin and Hotaru haven't gotten married yet, Mel. They will, though. And then they'll kiss.

2. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::eye twitches:: THE VOICES!! AHHHHH!

Gosh. If I were Mara, I'd've started banging my head against the wall. Hard.

Great post!YAY!

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, Mel has informed me that due to RL stuff, she won't be able to post in this for a while. She's sorry and hopes to get back ASAP.

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:p Meh, I ignore my promise now. I can't take it any more! :( :_|

So.... once I get home, I will begin to work on the next chapter! Or maybe tomorrow...

meh

:)

5. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Jon

Anakin and Hotaru haven't gotten married yet, Mel.

Oh. Well. Have they married yet? :D

They will, though. And then they'll kiss.

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! ^__^ *dances around happily*

Kyle

::eye twitches:: THE VOICES!! AHHHHH!

The pretty voices!! :D [face_mischief]

Gosh. If I were Mara, I'd've started banging my head against the wall. Hard.

Aw, that would hurt.... Good thing you're not Mara then, eh? ;)

Great post!YAY!

Read! Read! Do you like this one? :D

THAT REMINDS ME!!!!

:D

All Praise Is Due To Anthony He Who Is Known As SpeldoriontheBlended On These Boards For Rescuing And Beta'ing This Chapter After Midnight

:D

*bows down*

Chapter Six

[almost a year later]

Mara spun in a tightly controlled circle, reaching out with the Force to sense where the bolts from the last of twelve training probes would strike at her. A blindfold was tied around her eyes, and plugs in her ears deprived her of two of the most basic senses that a human was born with, yet the Jedi-trainee didn?t misstep once. Her brilliant phoenix colored hair was braided around her head to keep it out of the sweeping blade of her lightsaber.

The Force filled Mara?s mind, whispering the future to her, showing her the attacks before they occurred and she reacted perfectly, turning the blasts away with a grace that was undeniable.

-----

?She?s beautiful,? Luke breathed and Kam didn?t even bother to try to hide the ironic smile on his face.

?Her technique isn?t half bad either,? Kam said, clapping Luke on the shoulder. ?I agree with your assessment. She?s ready for the trials.?

Tionne spoke up softly, her silver eyes pensive. ?She would?ve been ready a lot sooner then now if you had just let her go on missions more often.?

?If there had been any missions suited to her, I would?ve.? Luke said dreamily, staring distractedly at his wife.

?The only mission you?ve let her go on was one to accompany Lando on a presumably ?dangerous? mission, and that was to one of the damnedest pacifistic worlds ever, man! She came back with close to half a million credits from that one too.? Kam laughed.

Luke had the decency to blush. ?I just don?t want anything to happen to her.?

?I know,? Kam said in a quieter voice, knowing that Luke was thinking about the near-fatal accident that Mara had been in the year before. ?You?re going to have to learn to let Mara go, you know. She?s not the kind to take protecting very well. In fact I?m amazed at how easily she took the restrictions you put on her as is.?

Luke smiled roguishly. ?I just told her that it was standard procedures for Jedi trainees.?

?And she believed you!?? Tionne stared at Luke, her mouth gaping open a bit.

?Why shouldn?t she have?? Luke blinked.

Tionne just shook her head and didn?t even bother trying to argue with him. ?Men,? she muttered under her breath.

?Yes darling?? Kam asked teasingly, reaching out to grab Tionne by the waist and pull her onto his lap. ?Did you say something??

?No,? Tionne said innocently. ?What ever gave you that idea??

?Oh I don?t know,? Kam trailed off, leaning his forehead against hers. Tionne slid her hands into Kam?s hair and leaned in to kiss him?

Luke left the room in a hurry.

-----

Mara was pacing outside the sparring arena, a towel thrown lazily over her shoulder that she used occasionally to mop the sweat off her forehead. Despite the grueling five-hour workout she had just completed, she wasn?t tired. If anything, she was energized. It was nervous energy albeit, but energy nonetheless.

What will they say? Mara wondered. Will they say I?m ready for my trials? Or will they make another excuse? I don?t blame them if they do... I?m still not much of a success. Which they?ll prove if they don?t let me take my trials. Force, if you had told me a year ago that be

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    You're back! You're back! *Shouts hosannahs and shouts of joy*

Nice, Mel! Very nice. Well, looks like Mara might be in some trouble. Like that Luke's still overprotective of her. And the voices... not good.

Great to see you back, sis!

7. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    *trumpets play*

MEEEEELL YOU LIIIIVE!

EEP! This was a GREAT CHAPTER...and I'm scared...because...nothing is as it seems here...and Luke needs to get over this protectiveness. RIGHT. NOW!

<3333 Kyle

8. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    You! *narrows eyes*

Loved it! :D

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    UPDATE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

And Mara is still as mental as ever... :D

And why do I have a bad feeling about this?? [face_worried]

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Jon

You're back! You're back! *Shouts hosannahs and shouts of joy*

I'm back! I'm back! :D *shouts along with you*

Nice, Mel! Very nice.

[face_mischief] Thank you! Actually, the... next?.... chapter is a lot more fun. [face_devil]

Well, looks like Mara might be in some trouble. Like that Luke's still overprotective of her. And the voices... not good.

oh I wouldn't worry about Mara too much. [face_devil] And yes, Luke is overprotective but tis so cute I can't help write it that way! But, yeah, those voices aren't that good... They'll stay away for a while though! :D

Great to see you back, sis!

*HUGS* :D It's so great to see you too!!!!

Kyle

*trumpets play*

*gets her friend to play an accompaniment on her guitar* :D

MEEEEELL YOU LIIIIVE!

KYYYYYYYLLLE I LIIIIIVE!!! [face_mischief]

EEP! This was a GREAT CHAPTER...

YES!!! *rejoices* They like it! They really like it!! [:D]

and I'm scared...because...nothing is as it seems here...

[face_devil] You know it.

and Luke needs to get over this protectiveness. RIGHT. NOW!

Actually you'll be thanking him later... or not... actually you will...

Sarah

You! *narrows eyes*

Me?! :eek:

Loved it!

[face_blush] My ego and I thank you! [:D]

JayCee

UPDATE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Readers-Who-Review!!!!! YAY!!!!

And Mara is still as mental as ever...

Aw, don't be mean... :p soon it'll be Luke. [face_devil]

And why do I have a bad feeling about this??

Because it's me that's writing it? [face_batting]

11. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Just found this fic and I love it! But I have a bad feeling about Mara's mission.

Which is a good thing, since I'm a sucker for angst. :D

12. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

WELCOME Jedi_Anais!!! :D

I really hope I don't scare you away some time... :p

Just found this fic and I love it! But I have a bad feeling about Mara's mission.

You love it?! Really!? [:D] I love you!! And yes, you should be having a bad feeling. :p I'm not very good at fluffy emotions so I tend to just stick them through hell... [face_batting]

Which is a good thing, since I'm a sucker for angst

YES! :D Girl, I love you. :p I'm always scared that my readers will throw in the towl at my angst and go storming off to find Mush stuff... But now we have another angst lover! Hurrah! :D

13. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    An update! YAY! And thanks for the PM by the way.

I would say that I have a bad feeling, but I believe that is the desired affect.

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

An update! YAY! And thanks for the PM by the way.

Oh trust me, it was my pleasure. :D

I would say that I have a bad feeling, but I believe that is the desired affect.

[face_blush] You know me too well....

15. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Okay, okay, so I fell off the face of this thread. Throw some 'awful reader' darts at me.

But YEEHAAA this is good!! I still want to slap some sense into both of them for being so blind!! But I guess this internal conflict is interesting and necessary. I just can't wait for them to resolve it!!

More more more!!

16. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Erm...you know the part where you asked me if she should be you know, and you told me I should be scared? How soon will that be coming up, so I can prepare myself?

:p

Cryptic, isn't it?

17. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

AvenKiel

Okay, okay, so I fell off the face of this thread. Throw some 'awful reader' darts at me.

*tosses some 'Repentent/Returning Reader' darts at you*

You came back!! :D

But YEEHAAA this is good!! I still want to slap some sense into both of them for being so blind!! But I guess this internal conflict is interesting and necessary. I just can't wait for them to resolve it!!

*blinks* Re...solve.... it? I don't --- o_O Huh, you know what? That's an interesting thought I don't think I've thought of it yet...

More more more!!

Soon, soon, soon! :p

Kyle

Erm...you know the part where you asked me if she should be you know, and you told me I should be scared? How soon will that be coming up, so I can prepare myself?

:p We've been over this before, m'dear...

Cryptic, isn't it?

[face_love] Deliciously so!

18. Jaid

Jaid Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    chapter will arrive... tomorrow.... o_O

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    :) [face_hug]

20. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    *hugs* Sorrryyyy!! I had to take tests today, well, actually I thought I'd have to take two but it turned out that they were the same so I only took one and... *rushes off to wrap presents and fix da chappie*

:D It's almost up!!!

21. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    :) :D

Can't wait. But I will, while listening to Spamalot!

22. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Kyle? I should just shut up about timing when I post... it never works... :p

Post! :D

Chapter Seven

The next day Mara woke up to the smell of hot chocolate and an empty bed. A faint frown creased her brow, but Luke sent a wave of comfort through their bond and she knew he wasn?t far away from her. She smiled and stretched her arms above her head as far as she could, relishing the gentle tranquility of her home.

Home.

The word brought a smile to Mara?s lips. Sometimes it still seemed amazing that someone like her could have a home like this?

Luke?s face appeared in the doorway, tilted so she couldn?t see his body; his hair was falling across his forehead boyishly and a glint in his eyes that made Mara sit up straight in bed. ?Good morning?? Mara asked cautiously, unsure what she should do.

?May I come, Mara? Please? Please?? Luke rushed into the room and fell onto his knees before the bed, holding his hands out. ?I really want to go!!?

?Come?? Mara blinked and yawned, her mind not functioning other then to admire the way Luke?s button-down - yet deliciously unbuttoned - shirt hung off of his lean body. ?Go??

?Please, Mara?? Luke begged. ?I?ll do whatever you say!!?

Mara?s lips curled up in a crafty smile. ?Oh really. Anything??

Luke paused, the glint in Mara?s eyes giving what she asked entirely different connotations then what he had originally intended but... ?I... sure??

Mara leaned forward and then started to crawl across their bed, her hair falling into her face, obscuring her gleaming eyes slightly. ?Can?t you do better then that, farmboy? I promise no lasting damage...?

Luke swallowed. ?Okay.?

Mara arched an eyebrow. ?Okay... what?? Mara perched on the edge of the bed and locked eyes coyly with Luke.

Luke smiled faintly, not bother to even try to hide the blush that crept up his neck and covered his ears. ?I?ll do whatever you say, Jade.?

Mara leaned forward till her nose almost touched Luke?s and their lips were close enough to taste. ?What if I said you had to stay behind??

Luke?s jaw dropped at her impish defiance. ?I thought you said ?no lasting damage?!?

Mara rocked back onto her heels, laughing unashamedly at her husband?s dismay. Luke felt his heart tug, Mara hadn?t laughed at anything like that since... well, in over a year. Since before the accident on Coruscant.

Luke reached out and touched Mara?s cheek, vowing to himself that she could keep smiling no matter what happened ? and then Mara overbalanced and tumbled off the bed and into Luke?s arms.

?I have you now,? Luke growled playfully, digging his fingers into her side.

Mara shrieked with laughter, squirming and thrashing about madly. ?Stop it Luke! Stop it!!!?

?Say I can go!? Luke demanded, catching Mara?s smaller hands in one of his.

?A?right, A?right!!? Mara was gasping for breath when her husband finally relented and stopped tickling her.

??Sorry.? Luke said unrepentantly.

?Sorry my foot,? Mara muttered haughtily, pushing her hair away from her face. ?You?re gloating."

?Me?!? Luke looked shocked, then started batting his eyelashes as fast as he could.

?Yes, you.? Mara kissed Luke.

-----

Mara yawned silently and scrolled down the information that Tionne had given her on Bandomeer and Dreamcry. Bandomeer, located in the Outer Rim Territories, had been a quiet, primarily agricultural world before the Empire. Peaceful to the point where Jedi outcasts would be shipped out to live there and be farmers ? Mara couldn?t help shuddering at that knowledge. About twenty years prior to the Empire though, it was found to be rich in ionite, and other raw ore materials. Offworld Mining, a branch of the Offworld Corporation, quickly bought up all the land available and began to strip the planet of the resources that had remained hidden for centuries. Currently, Offworld owned ninety-seven percent of Bandomeer?s landmasses. Compared to the wealth of information known about Bandomeer, nothing was k

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, awesome!

The first part was so mushy! I had a smile on my face the entire time. That was so CUTE!

Then it turned to LOL funny. Poor Mara. Studying wasn't exactly my strong suit either (and yet I still managed to make honor roll every year in high school).

And then...Eek! A nasty vision, and then some cryptic remarks from Luke. I have a bad feeling about this...

Awesome post, Mel. Glad I caught it.

24. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
  25. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Good thing Mara's not trigger happy! Great Post!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.