main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fall Like Fire (L/M; Sequel; AU) Updated 11/12 Chapter Ten -- MARA AWAKES!! .... and..... ^_^

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Agent_Jaid, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    That was... intriqueing...

2. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    That was nice. It had love, humor, danger and excitement.:D

3. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Jon

The first part was so mushy! I had a smile on my face the entire time. That was so CUTE!

Oh gosh.... *shudders* Well, I'm glad you liked it! :D An um... yeah, that's all. :) (but you said tis CUTE!!! *squeals happily*)

Then it turned to LOL funny. Poor Mara. Studying wasn't exactly my strong suit either (and yet I still managed to make honor roll every year in high school).

:D *snickers* That part was my favorite to read over. XD Poor Kam.

And then...Eek! A nasty vision, and then some cryptic remarks from Luke. I have a bad feeling about this...

The vision was danged fun to write, and Luke should be more cryptic dammit! He's the son of Padme (*snarls*) and Anakin (idiot)!!!! He can't be coherent and cool!!! He's... like... obnoxious. o_O *fixes him in FLF* YAY! ^_^

Awesome post, Mel. Glad I caught it.

Oh trust me Jon, I'm glad you did too. Your reviews make me feel so much better about myself and my writing skills --- I am not lieing when I say you have no idea how much you help me. *hugs*

Kyle

[ :eek:]

Speechless, Kyle? ;p

AvenKiel

Good thing Mara's not trigger happy! Great Post!!

she gets better.... :D Thanks!

JayCee

That was... intriqueing...

What was? o_O

Sahra

That was nice. It had love, humor, danger and excitement.

[face_devil] *HUGS* Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked it!! I'm glad you thought it was funny too. :p

*SQUEEE*

*hugs all of her readers*

[face_love] Y'all're so sweet.

4. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    *narrows eyes* Mush? MUSH? I thought this was an angsty story!?!? :p Ah well. It was well written, it made me smile. But the fact that there was mush does mean I get some good angst later on, right? [face_batting]

lol, Mara's studying sounds a lot like me before a meet. 8-}

*re-narrows eyes* The chest was open? Hmm. So was it a vision or... something else? [face_thinking]

5. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

*narrows eyes* Mush? MUSH? I thought this was an angsty story!?!?

[face_blush] Well... uh... it normally is... It'll get worse! Trust me! Chilling and darkness and freezing pain....

Ah well. It was well written, it made me smile.

*shakes head* I can't believe that it's being called 'well written'...

But the fact that there was mush does mean I get some good angst later on, right?

Kyle knows probably more then my beta, and she's cringing. :D I'd say DEFINATLY. ;)

lol, Mara's studying sounds a lot like me before a meet.

[face_laugh] Mara's studying sounds a lot like just about anyone before something they have to cram for...

*re-narrows eyes* The chest was open? Hmm. So was it a vision or... something else

It's a vision, but since when are visions ever nice?... It's sort of a tie into another fic that I have partially written (but not posted) so it probably won't make much sense. :D But that's okay!! ^_^

...you know what I realized is sad? o_O :p If you drew out a grid for FLF that showed the 'Intro -> (whatever) -> Climax -> (whatever) -> Ending' like what you do in Shakespeare class, currently, we're about half way into the INTRO......

6. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Quick Poll:

Anyone want the post now? Or much much later. :p

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll take a post when you feel the right time is.

8. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

.... :p Does that mean you want it or you don't?

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I am being cryptic. It is my right and destiny.

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    and it's my right and destiny to go kill off Tenel Ka in my fanfics. </threatens> [face_devil]

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003

I'll be good...

12. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

.............DOES THIS MEAN I CAN RULE THE UNIVERSE!?!?!??! ? :D :D :D :D [face_batting] [face_batting] [face_batting] :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Chapter Eight

Bandomeer was wet, dark, and depressing. Even though the reports said that the planet had suffered drastically due to the extensive mining done, Mara hadn?t been fully been prepared for the rampant sorrow that screamed through the Force. The weather was as desolate as the world it covered. The sunlight was harsh, and the clouds were a sickly grey color that made even the sunlight seem cold. Or at least, that was how it looked through the transparasteel cockpit of Fire?s Freedom.

Mara sighed. Even the planet itself was without hope.

Luke put his hand on her shoulder carefully, he was still slightly jumpy around Mara even though two weeks had passed since she had attacked him. ?Hey, it?s going to be okay.?

Mara gave him an absent-minded smile. ?I know. I just have this funny feeling right now. It?s like if I get out, something?s going to go wrong.?

Luke squeezed her shoulder. ?C?mon, it?ll be okay. Let?s get this over with and haul you back to the trials, woman!?

Mara smirked at him, ?I hear you, Skywalker.?

?Finish powering down, and I?ll go get our bags.? Luke kissed the back of her head and left her to her precious ship. Mara smiled faintly and quickly finished powering down Fire?s Freedom before snapping off her restraints and heading for the exit ramp. Luke was waiting for her there, their bag over one of his shoulders and a bulky, cloth-wrapped gift dangling from his right hand.

?I?m not a knight yet, Luke.? Mara told him, figuring that the gift was a coming-of-age-type-thing but wanting to know what it was all the same.

?I know.? Luke smiled boyishly and tossed it to her. ?It?s an early anniversary present. Open it, please?? He pleaded sheepishly, his ears turning slightly pink.

Mara caught it easily, her own smile reflecting the joy in Luke?s eyes. ?Alright, for you, love.?

Whatever Mara had been planning to say, she couldn?t recall it once she saw the silver swirls of ancient Corellian that had been woven into the edge of a thick dark grey robe. She let the wrapping fall to the ground and shook out the sweeping garment, her eyes tracing the shadowy armorweave in amazement. ?It?s beautiful, Luke,? was all she managed.

Luke?s smile faded from his lips even though it still shone through his eyes with a strength that warmed Mara clear down to her toes. ?Like you.?

Mara shook her head bashfully, and wondered if this would be the time to tell him? and then shook her head. ?Not as beautiful as you seem to think.?

?Good point, you?re even more beautiful then that.?

Mara let her arms drop from holding the robe in front of her. ?Stars, Skywalker, we?ve been over this before.?

?You, my love, are uncharacteristically trying to hide from the truth. It is my duty to see that you don?t.? Luke countered.

?Why is it so important to you??

?Because you?re mine, and you really are the most beautiful woman in the universe.?

Mara could feel her cheeks turning as red as her hair. ?Fine, but, armorweave farmboy? Don?t you trust me to take care of myself?? Not just myself either, Mara thought guiltily. I really have to tell him about them soon.

?You?re an angel, Mara. Can you really blame me for it?? Luke asked her earnestly.

?If I really was an angel, I wouldn?t need protection,? Mara countered. ?Besides. Angels are blond, like you.?

?Oh no, they are not blond!? Luke objected. ?All the art proves that they have hair the color of the sun.?

?Yeah, blonde!?

?No! Phoenix colored!?

?No, blonde, Farmboy!?

?No, Jade, phoenix!?

-----

Mara and Luke walked quietly into the lobby of Offworld?s headquarters. Both of them were wearing dark Jedi robes. Luke wore pure black, and Mara?s wore the dark grey one; the silver designs that had been worked into the edges, caught the sharp light and glittered savagely. The large airy building was constructed with thick transperasteel and metal bars, giving it a cold atmosphere.

Mara drew herself inward, her sharp jade eye

14. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *evil music plays in the background* DUN DUN DUN!

So, there were supposed to be more Jedi, eh? Sounds like foul play to me. Lovely post, as always.

15. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Ongosh ongosh ongosh!!! :D *glows* I love that idea!! I LOVE IT!! ehehe... but no, there weren't supposed to be more Jedi... tis Mara's trial. No other Jedi. Luke's along to "evaluate" her preformance. [face_devil] no, I'm not being evil and plotting to destroy the whole known galaxy, no, I'm not the one doing that, nuh uh nope... [face_mischief] :D [face_devil]

16. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    You know, I hate people like that woman. "Oh...I thought you were going to bring more and then give me all your money and then your clothes and I was going to run away ahahahahahah."

no.

But lovely chapter Mel. [face_love]

17. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Luke and Mara make a great team! Don't know what these people are worried about.

18. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Kyle

You know, I hate people like that woman. "Oh...I thought you were going to bring more and then give me all your money and then your clothes and I was going to run away ahahahahahah."

.........Kyle honey?....... Falynn is actually pretty nice........ well........ compared to the OC who'll be a major player....... [face_plain] Trust me........

no.

But point. :D

But lovely chapter Mel.

:D Thanks! I hoped you'd like it. ^_^

JayCee

Luke and Mara make a great team! Don't know what these people are worried about.

Falynn is like that. :p But trust me, Faet knows what she's doing.... ;) Or would that be the authoress?.... o_O :p

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Mara and Luke were so CUTE arguing about whether or not she was beautiful. And for the record, I side with farmboy.

And I like how Mara evaluated the 'security'. Heh. You go, girl!

Nice post, Mel. Very nice. Up!

And no, you can't rule the universe.

20. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    If you drew out a grid for FLF that showed the 'Intro -> (whatever) -> Climax -> (whatever) -> Ending' like what you do in Shakespeare class, currently, we're about half way into the INTRO......

Then, we should get posties EVERY OTHER DAY! [face_batting] :D

Not just myself either, Mara thought guiltily. I really have to tell him about them soon.

Wait a sec. IS MARA PREGNANT?!?! *faints* Great angst potential in that, I sense.:D

And if thats not what that means, what do you mean? :confused:

21. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Jon

Mara and Luke were so CUTE arguing about whether or not she was beautiful. And for the record, I side with farmboy.

:D I know. I actually didn't write that fight. It was one that a friend and I had (only it was brunette vs blonde then) a while back, and I had so much fun with it that I decided to try to put it into the fic. :D Glad to see it worked.

And I like how Mara evaluated the 'security'. Heh. You go, girl!

Mara's the best. :cool:

Nice post, Mel. Very nice. Up!

Thank you!! :D [face_love] *hugs*

And no, you can't rule the universe.

.... :eek:..... :(..... *sniff*....... :( ....... *wibbles*...... :_|

Anais

Then, we should get posties EVERY OTHER DAY!

I don't have that much inspiration!! :p Besides, I spend too much time working on other things to be able to write that much.... :( *smacks self* Bad Mel! BAD!

Wait a sec. IS MARA PREGNANT?!?! *faints* Great angst potential in that, I sense.

[face_laugh] I guess it could mean that too! :D And you're right about the potential, but.... :D Yeah, anyways. [face_devil]

And if thats not what that means, what do you mean?

My dear, I hate to break it to you, but, primarily? I only give out spoilers over IM's. :p I'm dead serious. I try not to spoil here on the thread. :D Kind of... elliminates the need for IM's if I do. :p ;)

But that is a perfectly MARVELOUS idea I'll have you know! :D Oh! Oh! And, people on FFN? They've given me the most DELICIOUS plot idea. [face_devil]

22. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    This is good! So Mara is having nightmares/visions that Leia will try to kill her, is hearing Palps again and is preggers? Cool beans!

Great fic. I can't wait to see what happens Mara and Luke and the nameless - and genderless - kid.

~Myra

23. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    :eek: You're Myri's little sis?! *HUGS* Welcome to FLF!! :D It's great to have you here - SERIOUSLY. Anyone whose a friend of the gal who is a half-owner of Yajah is a friend of mine.

Yeah, that.... just about covers all the high points! :D *giggles* It sounds rather odd when you put it like that. Kind of like a bouncy fluffy/action fic... [face_laugh]

Kid? There's a kid? :D

24. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    *pokes*

...just checking to make sure that it was unlocked. [face_frustrated] About half of my fics are now locked and I really, really, REALLY want them UNLOCKED but the stupid layout of the Post page now no longer will let me unlock something. I'm _SO_ ticked off.

Argh!

Anyways.

Yeah.

Would any of you kill me if the next chapter is pathetically short? I have about 800 words written I think, but I can't make the next scene write, right now and it's... gah... frusterating. :(

25. Jaid

Jaid Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    ...it ate it. but I DO have the end sequence written! :D Anyone want that? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.