main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA 'Fall of the Jedi' - Test Shoots shout-out

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Hey everyone,
    This Saturday (the 14th) we're going to do some test shoots on the Orange Coast College campus for the fan film I'm working on called 'Fall of the Jedi.' The story revolves around Boba Fett (what a shock!) and his hunt for two Jedi on Coruscant. Timeline places the movie after Episode 3, but before Episode 4 (ANH) during the Jedis' last struggle.
    The test shoots will not be a gigantic production. Basically it'll be me in my old (and really non-accurate and always falling apart) Fett costume with the person I'm making this film with (camera man/digital post-production in Premiere/Sound Editor). The test shoots will be mainly for the following (which I'll add in later through CG):
    - Laser Bolt Effects
    - Lightsaber Effects
    - Explosions
    - CG backgrounds like Coruscant
    - Sound Tests
    - Light & movement matching with CG vehicles, effects, & backdrops
    - Different shot and angle tests

Overall we'll be testing the boundaries of what we can do so I can fine tune the script accordingly. Anyone is welcome to come and help out, we'll have plenty to do. We do, however, need someone to come in a Jedi Costume. If you have a lightsaber with a blade, that'd be great. If not, I'll bring one. We'll need at least one Jedi to battle against me for the test shoots.

The place is Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa at 3:30pm. We'll meet at the big art center (3 story building) down Merrimac Way (Parking Lot D). Map bellow shows the location.

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/ocff/maps/occmap.jpg]

If you'd like to come, please post a reply and let me know!

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    If it were any day but Sat I would volunteer. I have family coming in and can not make it.

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I have a family christmas party, so I can't make it. :( Let me know about furture events, though and I will do my best to help. OCC is only about 10 mins from my house, too.

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Sounds fun, Britt -- if only I had my Jedi costume ready. :(

If free Sat, will come down to help.

Peace,
    Jim

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Majorly bummed cause I have to work. :( Hopefully I will be able to make the next one!
    I do want to at least watch and help out with whatever you need, but I can't on this one...Keep me posted!

6. ANZATI-Jossh_Luora

ANZATI-Jossh_Luora Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    So do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Is anyone going to be able to make it? Didn't realize everyone was so busy! We do need at least one jedi!

8. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    my church is on the corner of the 55 and fair dr.

on the vanguard campus.
    i might come, if not me then D_A will. she's gonna major in cinematography.

9. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    o my gosh jay, just tell them my life story why don't you!
    yes, i want to major in cinematography and i'd love to come to your shoot on saturday. i'd have to get my dad to let me go though. any way i can help would be wonderful. i have some plans for saturday but i don't think they will conflict. i'll get back to you.

10. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi britt; got a lot of stuff to do on saturday otherwise i would love to come. i have a spare jedi knight costume you can borrow. its my padawans [he was so big a star at imax that he wants an anakin one now]
    the size is a large. if you want to see how nice it looks go to any of pics of the imax at universal city walk, he is the only padawan there. he's in almost every picture.
    let me know if you want to use it. let me know a little more in advance and i will be glad to lend a hand, or lightsaber.

don

11. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Hey Don,
    That'd be great!! As for a saber, do you have a nice looking on with a blade (preferably detachable for belt clipped shots)? The blade is essential so I can track it later on for the glow and blaster bolt deflections. I was just going to bring one of those $9.99 sabers that full retracted into the saber, but if you've got something better then that'd be great!

12. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi britt;

nope, my saber is a prop only item. i do however have several sabers with retractable blades. the most likely one is the one used by mace windu in EP1. you might ask to borrow shauns...he has a parks saber [dont we all wish we had one] with a removable el blade. i will PM you my home phone...call me if you want to borrow the costume and/or lightsaber.

zhi-don

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    There is a change we may cancel it due to all of you not being able to join us and the weather......

14. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Alright, we cancelled the shoots for today because of the weather and the fact that we didn't have a Jedi. What I need to know is what day will work for everyone? Is the 26th or 27th of december good? (Thursday or Friday)? We'd love to have as many people as we can there (especially Jedi).

To entise you all, here's an almost done page from the storyboards.... (dialogue is not final)
    (BIG File - Click to enlarge)
    [image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/sb5.jpg]

15. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Bumping this up because we need to know what everyone things.....

16. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Are you still thinking the 26th and 27th? Wish I were going to be back :(

BTW you need a Fett icon w/ a santa hat on it! lol Then it will match the figure you brought to the meeting.

HA HA I just checked out your site! LOVE the boba in the Santa Hat...cracked me up!

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    If you'll do it on Sat the 28th I can make it in full jedi garb. I might be able to do Sun. also. Just let me know which one. I will bring my parks saber with me... :D

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    If you wait until the 4th or 5th of Jan, I will dress up as a female jedi lol...assuming Don will still let me borrow the padawan costume lol

19. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    im in for this one, and yes princess you can borrow the padawan garb. i will also be in my jedi garb for this as well. we might also have the help from the JEDI KNIGHTS [see my post on them]

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe you can find that costume you are looking for and we can have an Anakin looking one there as well....That would be cool...to have variety....Then Britt could pick what he liked best...

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Okay, so... SRB can go the 28th. Zhi Don, can you make that? Would the same time (3:30pm) be okay? If that seems okay, I'll contact my other crew member and ask him (he's the cameraman)

Anyone know how I can get in touch with those Boba Fetts who were at the IMAX event?

22. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Sounds good to me! :D

23. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Update - Waiting on confirmation of the date...

24. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I posted a message in our TTT thread about possibly seeing TTT at a 12pm showing on Saturday and then coming over to see your test shoots. If anyone in here is interested or wants to set it up for another time (hopefully same day), please post in the TTT thread.

Thanks.

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Do you have a date yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.