main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA 'Fall of the Jedi' - Test Shoots shout-out

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    OCFF MOVIES IN THE NEWS REPORT:
    "END OF THE JEDI" a review by zhi-don aquintas.

this first viewing of the rough cut of the movie was without sound and special effects. the actors [shawn and britt] show real promise. the jedi [played by shawn] showed no fear in the face of death. very nice defensive moves and realistic death scene. boba fett [played by britt] was very sinister and dangerous looking. the attempt at using the force to retrieve the lightsaber did not film as well as it could have. the background will be changed im sure to eliminate cars and other mundane items.
    overall a good first attempt. i am looking forward to futher developments.

this is zhi-don aquintas, your reporter on the scene [thanks for the cd pics, barry]

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes but you should have seen my photo op with Padme. Now that was a classic promo!

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    why don't you show us then? some of us asked to see the shots before already...ahem

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Well Don got to see it from Barry's video camera. Britt has the photos and as soon as the new server is on-line he said he would start getting them put up. Hopefully it shouldn't be much longer...I want to see my picture!

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I can't wait to see you and Britt all dressed up. That and I want to see exactly how poor miss padme was ahm, violated ;)

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am definately not missing the next one. SO if you plan on doing anything to the Alias standup (which I'm sure you'll all have by then)...just warn me, so I can cover my eyes first :p

6. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I still have those still photos if Britt or anyone needs them. They came out really well (1st time using a digital camera), and I'd like to take a few more when production begins.

7. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    The video for using the force to retrieve the lightsaber looks 100x better when it's reversed. Trust me, I played it backwards in my editing program and it looks FANTASTIC! You'd never know that Shawn threw it without seeing the film played forward.

8. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Hey everyone, got caught up in more computer troubles. (New CPU and Motherboard, the video card doesn't like the motherboard, in turn, makes the sound card mad at the video card.

Anyway, I can't wait to get ahold of the CD and start some digital effects work! Barry, when do you think we can make contact? Next meeting?

Shawn, yes, I've got your images as well as everyone else's. I'm still waiting on word that I can start editing/uploading to the new server before I do anything. Should be very soon. They're a bit behind because the name servers are not resolving.

Thanks for the report Zhi Don ;)

Anthony, send the photos to britt@bobafettmp.com if you get a chance. I'll compile them together and it'll be the first thing to appear on the OCFF website image gallery!

At some point I'm going to make a side section of my site on the Fall of the Jedi production. It'll contain a lot of the 'stuff' as the produciton gets going and tests are done.

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm only available this weekend on Saturday. We can get together anytime saturday or anytime next week. Just no late nights (gotta be home by 8 to see Buffy and other shows on other nights).

10. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Sorry I didn't get back to you in time Barry. I was at the Planes of Fame Museum all day. They had a huge WW2 battle reenactment. Guess we'll just meet up at next weekend's meeting.

11. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Hey Barry, can you open the video in Quicktime? If so, hold down shift and double click on the actual video. It should play backwards!

-EDIT- Nevermind, saw that you already got it in your editing program...

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Oh wow! That looks even cooler! We'll need to work on the lightsaber throw, but it does look really cool!

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
  14. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thats looks really cool so far Britt!

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Britt those rock! OMG I can't believe how cool you guys look in them. AWESOME JOB!!! Can't wait for the next time you film some more shots. I won't be missing that one! :)

PS--I'll bring my Anakin standup so he & Padme can keep busy :p

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Very nice Britt! I was expecting to see some laser bolts, but I guess that can wait :p Awesome job!

17. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Those effects really look slick, Britt.

18. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Just wanted to fill you all in on some status. I finished the finalized ending to the movie. It's completley different and is really going to work great. Not only does it tie into the classic trilogy, but it answers a few questions from it!

I talked with the guy who said he'll compose the music for the video. He may send me a sample track to put behind the test shoots that will sound very John Williamsish.

19. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    So, how is the editing coming along...Yeah I know like you've had any time to work on it... lol Thanks for all the hard work!

20. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    hey! The San Diego Fan Force is in the middle of post-production of a movie we shot in the desert. Your links are not working, just wondering if you haev any other links around to see your progress?

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Hi! Due to some server size limits, I had to take them down. I'll try and put them back up when I next remember :-D
    Shawn, unfortunatly I haven't had much time to do any more work. I've been working constantly on the OCFF website and another website (aircraft) for a company. I really want to get back to it though. I storyboards are all done, and I'm working on finishing their clean-up/coloring before I bring them to one of the next meetings.

22. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Cool deal. I also knoew you were busy with other things for us as well as other thing.

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.