main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Absolutely brilliant! I like how you filled in the background of him first, very well done.

2. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Good job, Sounderwan. Character development and backstory has always been one of my weakest areas, just as you say beginnings are for you. Good job.

I always thought Mas Amedda was a sleazeback, though...I really hope someone offs him. ;)

3. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Excellent job, Souderwan. It's amazing just how much the galaxy can change by the way a... Shatterpoint, ends up working out. Great job, I'm definetly interested to see what Mace is going to do. And I like how you included Mas Ammeda, I've always wondered about the connection between him and Palpatine.

:)

4. CmteStGermaine

CmteStGermaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    A mutual friend sent me over and I'm more than please that I came. Excellent writing. Excellent character building. Not one of my favorites, Mace, I'll have to rethink my position.
    CSG

5. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

Yes! Another Dark Mace fic!

I think i wrote the first back in August though...but i still love these!

6. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    See, I knew it! Mace was never what he appeared to be! Of, course I had always wanted him to be the the "eraser" of the Jedi files on Kamino. But I can live with this. Good ol' Mace...YES!

7. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    You have all been so encouraging! Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying the story and I'm happy to hear that you like the character development. I was worried that you might have a "this is boring get to the good stuff" kind of attitude!

Sadly, part 6 will probably not get posted tomorrow as I intended. I expect to post it on Monday night, but perhaps earlier. Hope you all enjoy that part as much as I enjoy writing it.

Cheers! :D

8. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Absolutly wonderful! Bravo! And this is only the beginning of the story. As I said before the writing is superb! Grade-A. I didn't know Mas could have such an interesting backround. I can't wait till' monday!

PS: My guess of what Mace will find in the desk is
    The Death Star Plans!

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow. I was never much of a fan of Samuel's Mace Windu. In an age of arrogant, conceited Jedi, he was the most arrogant and conceited of them all! Someone easy to dislike. Now that he's gone Sithly in this AU, I'm absolutely loathing him.

In all, good job!

10. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Wow.

This is an amazing fic.

You've really captured Stover's style. It's amazing how everyone seems to agree that he's one of the most talented Star Wars authors out there.

Mace seems to have not only gone to the Dark Side, but he's apparently gone insane as well. (I think one had a lot to do with the other). He seemed to have been wound far too tight already -the years of war, stress, the threat of the Sith, etc. The battle with Palpatine pushed him over the edge. I think it was like this: Mace had always skirted the Dark Side with his fighting style. It was only his rigid self-control and mental strength that kept it at bay. During the fight, he just snapped, mentally. He was no longer able to keep the Dark Side out, and it just rushed in and took over.

I love Anakin's reaction and his inner thoughts. He's realized that he's actually in a situation that is way, way, WAY over his head.

He seems to have organized his thoughts pretty well, so far. Step one: call for help (LOTS of help). Step two: keep this madman away from Padme. Step three: put some distance between himself and the lunatic.

I can't wait to see how Anakin fills in Yoda and Obi-Wan about what happened. Where would he even start? LOL

Can't wait for the next part.

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    This is an amazing fic.

Thanks! [face_blush]

You've really captured Stover's style. It's amazing how everyone seems to agree that he's one of the most talented Star Wars authors out there.

Thanks again. I read shatterpoint and fell in love with his style. He's remarkably talented and aboslutely worthy of emulation imo. He's also the only one that seems to focus on the inner workings of the characters. I've always believed that the strength of SW lay in its characters.

BTW, I found your interpretation of Mace's situation very fascinating and almost identical to my own. I'm glad you're getting out of the story what you're getting. You'll never hear me tell you that you're "reading it wrong." 'Cause there is no wrong. I'm telling the story and you're interpreting it. That's the way I think it should be.

I love Anakin's reaction and his inner thoughts. He's realized that he's actually in a situation that is way, way, WAY over his head.

Yeah..I tried to imagine what I'd be thinking about in his shoes..."Ummm...help?? Please??" LOL! [face_laugh]

Thanks for the kind words. You guys really know how to make me blush! [face_blush]

12. Paladin3030

Paladin3030 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    So Mace has snapped & gone into the darkside.

COOL!!!!

It's a good thing Mace is in Shaft mode (that would be a good sith name Darth Shaft) cleaning up the senate.

Because Anakin is going to have his hands full.

Things Anakin must do:

1: call for back-up. (DONE!!!! He called the entire order how they get to him is there problem though.)

2: keep Darth Shaft away from Padme. (Remember Padme was the one who cleared the way for Palpatine to make his power grab.)

3: delay the combat reports from getting to Mace.(that way Mace won't know who's comeing after him)

4: HOLD UNTIL RELIEIVED I repeat HOLD UNTIL RELIEIVED.

Don't forget to show us what other Jedi's who got Ani's call feel about this.

By the way since we are dealing with Darth Shaft here beside a cool lightsaber color he will need a big a$$ed gun may I suggest giving Shaft er Mace the Master's Blaster it's gun I found on some SW site I found one day.

It's a triggerless blaster that is fired by using the force to activate the trigger mechanizim.

Thank you. :)

13. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

class fic

14. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Paladin3030,
    Master's Blaster! :D That's hilarious! You have a very good assessment of Anakin's predicament (at least from my point of view, anyway).
    Patience, and all will become clear. Thanks for the great feedback.

BTW, I totally envisioned Mace as SLJ in Rules of Engagment and SLJ in Shaft. Although it won't make it into the story, this line popped into my head when this story first came to me. Mace is being asked if he really thought Palpatine deserved to die.
    "Yes, that mother-#@!&#% deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell!" (Just picture SLJ saying that line. It just gives me chills!).

Glad you're enjoying the story. :cool:

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I can only hope for us SLJ freaks that when Ani, Obi and Yoda confront him, he'd spout something along the lines of "I will strike you down with great vengeance and furious anger if you don't back the @#%! off right now, mother@#$%!*$!" :p

16. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    I like how Anakin calls the other Jedi through the Force. Very cool.

Interesting twist, although I think Mace's fall to the Dark Side was a bit.. easy.. (for lack of better word). I'm a big Mace fanboy, and this whole portrayal of him falling to the Dark Side is a bit sketchy in my mind.

But nice work though, keep up the good job.

By the way, if you're interested, I'm going to start writing a new post-RotS Mace story soon. I had a Clone Wars -era Mace fic about a year ago, but I stopped working on it. You can check out the link in my sig for it. The story was called "Windu's Warriors". For my post-RotS story I'm going to use the same idea as my old unfinished fic, but completely revamp it and make it a post-RotS story.

17. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I have to agree with what everyone else is saying: this really is brilliant. You've really captured Stover's style and integrated some pretty amazing twists. I love how all charactors are given personalities, so that it all fits together perfectly.

18. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Souderwan you already have 17 readers! WOW that's alot. Keep up the good work.

19. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    VaapadMaster,
    I agree that on the face of it, Mace's turn to the dark side does seem rather easy. However, if you take it into the context of his history I don't think you'd find it entirely surprising. After I read Shatterpoint I was convinced that under the right circumstances Mace could be turned to the dark side. Those circumstances would involve the destruction of the Republic...which Stover called Mace's attachment.
    But Sidious being revealed as Palpatine wasn't enough to turn Mace to the dark side, imo. He went in to arrest the Chancellor. But with him turning himself into a dark side conduit to effectively repel the Chancellor's attack, Mace opened himself to the..."infection" (for lack of a better word) of the dark side. All this is extremely internal and hard to verbalize. I think Stover laid the groundwork well in his novel and I just completed the idea.
    I'm really glad you're enjoying the story, though. And, for the record. I'm probably as big a Mace Windu fan as you are (look at my Avatar :D)

20. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All,
    Thanks again for your kind words. I'll keep the story going as fast as the muse lets me. :) I think my self-imposed Monday deadline might be in danger, however. I took the day off to spend with my family at Busch Gardens. Right now I'm too beat to consider writing the story and I have work tomorrow. We'll see...maybe I'm more resilient than I think.

21. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I think you did Mace falling to the Dark Side in just the right way.

It was if something inside of him snapped and he was no longer able to hold it off. I don't think Mace is even in his right mind.

I can't wait for Anakin to try and tell Yoda and Obi-Wan what has happened. He'll have to also reveal his relationship with Padme. On the plus side, compared to Mace Windu going crazy and Dark Side, Anakin's getting married is really small potatoes.

22. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

Souderwan, i agree what you said about Mace turning to the Dark Side. It seemed in Shatterpoint he was very close.

I did the same thing for my story; it was the inspiration; because of how strong Vaapad was and how close he got to the Dark Side while using it.

23. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I can't wait for Anakin to try and tell Yoda and Obi-Wan what has happened. He'll have to also reveal his relationship with Padme. On the plus side, compared to Mace Windu going crazy and Dark Side, Anakin's getting married is really small potatoes.

You'd think, eh? Unfortunately, that discussion is about two parts away. Hope you can hang in there until then! :)

24. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    So, until Obi-Wan and Yoda can get back to Coruscant, Anakin has some work to do.

He has to try and prevent the Temple from falling apart. It's not sure whether or not telling the younglings what happened to Mace is a good or bad thing. It's really a toss-up.

Next, he should have Padme try and call an immediate recess for the Senate. Mace meeting the Senate is a really bad idea.

Finally, he needs to look after Padme and keep Mace out. LOL I can see Anakin rushing into their apartment...and immediately starting to pile furniture in front of the door using the Force. He tells Padme if Mace Windu should call...they're away on vacation.

This is an ironic situation for Anakin. He wanted to be a Master and sit on the Council. He thought he was ready for those challenges. Well, now he's pretty much the ranking Jedi left on Coruscant (at least the ranking sane and non-Dark Side Jedi). Until the others return, he's the leader of all the Jedi left on the planet. He's just gotten a taste of the responsibility he had desired.

So far, he's doing ok. I think he's realized he should be careful of what one wishes for.

25. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Wow, cool story!

I cant wait to read some more.

I really liked the way you give us an insight on the various characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.