main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldest_Padawan

Oldest_Padawan Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2005
    If Anakin had any common sense, he would have handed his lightsabers over to Bail before he went into the delivery room. It would have been a very bad idea to bring weapons within grasping range of Padme right then. :D

How very, very true! By the way, am absolutely loving this story. Thanks and keep it coming.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm SLOWLY catching up here, but I can say WOW! :eek:

After your kind words (which are still making me blush) I HAD to check out your story! And now I can see why you've attracted so much positive attention~

You're incredibly talented and obviously a gifted addition to these boards.

So, welcome! [:D]

3. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Oldest_Padawan: You wouldn't happen to be my old friend from THE thread, would you? Either way, I'm happy you're liking the story. It's just about over, though. :)

VaderLVR64: [face_blush] **bows deeply in humble honor** Thanks so much. That means a whole lot coming from you! :) I've been looking at your work and not only are you ridiculously talented but you're also amazingly prolific! It'd take me forever to catch up on all your stories. I'd be real happy if you'd point me to the ones you're most proud of. I'll start with those and work my way through the rest. :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

[:D]

All: I'm halfway done with the next post. I promise I'm actually working on it and not just replying to posts. :)

4. Oldest_Padawan

Oldest_Padawan Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2005
    Souderwan, I rarely post here but can be found at the "official" site with the same name. In fact, that's where I found out about your story. Have been reading it for the past few weeks, but this is the first time I've posted about it. Your writing is incredible! It must be great knowing you've made many, many SW fans so happy.

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Well, I just thought keeping the lightsabers out of her reach would be a good idea. She might have been tempted to grab one and perform a vasectomy on Anakin, or something like that. :eek:

You should edit in that Bail is holding the sabers for the time being.

As for the Jedi, I think that once the general public is shown how the tapes were made to go against the Jedi some trust will be restored.

6. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Another wonderfully written post. In fact, you wrote it so well that I was feeling a large amount of sympathy for both Padme (the labor was somewhat painful, I take it) and Anakin (the most powerful Jedi in the universe took quite a beating from his wife :D) You are a truly gifted writer, Souderwan, and I hope that you write a lot more stories in the future.

Edit: I spelled your name wrong. Stupid, stupid, stupid :oops:

7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey everybody! :)

Oldest Padawan: Great to see you! :) I'm so happy you're enjoying the story. I always enjoyed your posts!

TJM: You're right that knowing that the Jedi were framed would work against them. The only problem is that they actually said those things...so...it's kind of a political quagmire that the Jedi are going to need time to work their way through...

Darth_Vastor: Thank you so much! I know I felt a lot of sympathy for both Padme and Anakin as I was writing the piece (had a few post-traumatic flash-backs myself! ;) )

All: The rest of this chapter is a series of vignettes (if I'm using the term correctly) that kind of wrap things up and give you slight hints at the future... I was going to wait and post them all at once but, after giving it some thought, I've decided to just post them as I finish them. So...here's the second one. Hope you enjoy. BTW, can somebody tell me how they higlight the subject of their post? I've been wondering about that for a while. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ?It?s an ice-planet on the very outskirts of Republic space,? Ki-Adi-Mundi announced to the gathered Jedi Masters in the Council Chambers as he pointed to the small pinprick of light that hovered at the fringes of the galactic hologram on display in the darkened room. The irony of the miniscule light immersed in the darkness was not lost on Mace Windu, who stood impassively in the center of the myriad star systems distributed throughout the chamber. ?The system is far from any major hyperspace lane junction points and receives virtually no commercial traffic. The planet is uninhabited by any sentient beings and life-form readings are minimal. It is a desolate place altogether, with extremely cold days and even colder nights. It is the last place in the galaxy any sane person would willingly choose to live.?

?Perfect,? Mace replied. ?This?what was the name of the planet, again??

?Hoth,? Master Ki-Adi-Mundi replied.

?Hoth?? Mace considered the word along with its namesake planet for several moments as he stared at it in the scale model of the galaxy. ?Hoth seems to be a perfect home for me. The hard life will be good to keep my mind and body distracted during the day and allow me ample opportunity to test my meditation abilities at night.? He looked around the room and his eyes rested on Anakin Skywalker who was staring directly at him intently. ?You can tell the Senate whatever lie suits you best, I suppose.?

?We will tell them,? Obi-Wan spoke up, ?that following your defeat by Anakin and your removal of power from the Senate, you escaped to the distant regions of space and that we are tracking your movements.? Obi-Wan paused and smiled wryly as he took in the entire room.

?The truth?? he continued. ??from a certain point of view.?

Mace Windu actually smiled at that. It was not the malevolent and deeply unsettling smile Anakin had grown so weary of seeing over the past twenty-four hours. It was a smile of genuine amusement. Anakin liked that smile on the former Jedi Master. Anakin stood and walked to the center of the room, coming to a halt less than a meter away from Mace. He looked him squarely in the eyes with deepening concern.

?Are you sure you want to do this?? Anakin asked. ?We?ve already fallen out of favor with the public. We can weather the outcries, if necessary. You don?t have to leave--?

?Yes, I do,? Mace interrupted. ?The damage I?ve done is too great. You and the rest of the Council have a lot of work to regain the public trust. Right now, they blame you for the war. Fair or not, that is the way things are. The Jedi are the powerful, as your wife put it. The people right now are not interested in trusting those with too much power. Keeping me around?no matter how noble your motives?will only fuel their distrust of the Jedi.? Anakin opened his mouth to argue but Mace lifted his hand and silenced him. The Korun Master stepped away from Anakin and turned around th

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Brilliant way of wrapping up Mace's story, Souderwan.

And a great choice of planet too, although I wonder how he'll survive there, with no prefab shelters and the Wampa's.

And if I'm getting this correctly, you'll be finishing each storyline with a short chapter, right?

If so, I can't wait for the reamaining few.

9. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    You did the right and the most great thing here :) I love how you solved the "Mace issue" :D, can't wait for more!!, and I'll ask Baby_Death_Star, thanks for that idea ;), or for offering to send me the word doc, that'll be so kind to!! [:D] be well and take care.

10. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoth...

Well, they might wanna drop a blaster off with him, just the same. There are monsters down there, after all.

11. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I figured Mace would go into seclusion after all this, but I thought he would go to Daegobah (I know I spelled it wrong!). Shows yah how wrong I am.

So now what happens to the Jedi? How much of a role will they play in the Republic now, I wonder? I believe they'll still have pretty much the same roles as before the Clone Wars, but with more supervision by the Senate.

Great post! Can't wait for more! :D

12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shiny rattle hovered above, just outside the reach of Luke?s outstretched fingers. The baby boy wailed and cried and begged but couldn?t grab hold of it. Every movement towards the elusive toy caused it to flit away mercilessly. He was too small to crawl. He had no control of his head, and minimal ability to manage his arms and legs. The boy was a tempest of frustration and he demonstrated this by flailing his arms in concert with his howls. Unable to make any progress, the boy seemed to decide that he should just keep raising the timbre of his yowls to ear-splitting levels. For reasons that the boy would not understand for years to come, screaming louder didn?t seem to be having the desired effect.

Lying next to him on the plush carpet of their mother?s senatorial apartment, his sister ignored her floating rattle completely. In fact it seemed that she was rather annoyed at the object that kept flying toward her and then flitting away. Once it became clear that she couldn?t get a hold of the thing, the girl seemed to want nothing more to do with it. But the persistent rattle kept floating down and flying away. Each of its entries into her space grew closer and closer, as if daring her to reach for it. Whenever she tried to bat the offending noise-maker away from her, it would leap away at the last moment. She tried timing the fall of the metal cylinder?s fall but didn?t have the motor control skills to mount an effective attack. Before long, she too, grew agitated and joined her brother in a loud series of screams of frustration.

Then something remarkable happened.

Both children, seemingly simultaneously, suddenly stopped crying. As if in coordination with each other, they focused their attention on the floating toys. Their eyes seemed to burn with intense concentration. Their sudden silence, however, was not the remarkable thing. What was amazing was that both rattles came to an abrupt halt in mid-air. Luke?s rattle began to move slowly towards him before it was halted by a stronger grip. Leia?s rattle was similarly halted from its trajectory away from her.

Anakin and Obi-Wan looked at each other completely astonished.

The exercise the two Jedi Masters were conducting with the twins was almost as old as the Jedi Order itself. It was designed to be the first lesson for a Jedi youngling about the dangers of attachment. After a long period of having the toy kept just out of reach, the youngling would eventually discover how to grasp the rattle with the Force and try to pull it towards him. When this happened, a short game of tug-of-war between the Jedi Master and the youngling would inevitably begin. The game was invariably short because, either due to the child?s inability to control the power it was tapping into or because the Jedi Master wished it, the rattle would break. This, of course, would cause the child to scream and howl for hours. It was a hard lesson, but one that the Jedi truly believed should be learned as early as possible.

Usually, that meant around the age of no less than six months, for the more gifted of Jedi students. For the younglings with lower midichlorian counts, this particular lesson wasn?t taught until around the age of one. It had been learned through trial and error that until that age, most younglings had not developed the ability to connect with the Force and reflexively use it. Most children were not even brought to the temple before that age. Obi-Wan had suggested the exercise on a whim when he saw the children playing with their rattles intently for several minutes. It was intended to be a game. But as the children began to become more and more agitated, Obi-Wan insisted on continuing the game to see what would happen. Anakin found the practice to be barbaric and it went against every fatherly instinct he had. But he trusted Obi-Wan and found that he shared his old Jedi Master?s curiosity. Neither he nor Obi-Wan really knew what they were expecting to happen, other that watch the poor twins scream and

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Sorry about the double post (still a newbie). :) All better now!

BTW, my Beta didn't get a chance to look at this one so all errors are solely mine. ;)

14. windu-the-warrior

windu-the-warrior Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    double post...souderwan...u may want to delete the second...that was cool though....Don't worry about the big words, I don't understand them either!' So funny...love it how obi-wan pulled that prank on Walker dude....2 sith to your 1...ahh so killing the sith lords is a measure of lightsaber prowess i see....but obi-wan is still a better swordsman.... i think!!

15. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    lol, that was great Souder. A nice little tale of how the Jedi are going to evolve, and trust Anakin to throw all of the burden on Obi-Wan, somewhat typically :p

And that end bit, with Anakin not understanding the words, [face_laugh] Classic.

16. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Very funny and lighthearted post. Nice job! :) I could definitely see Obi-Wan "stuck" with training the twins, or maybe just Luke. :D Padme would probably want Leia to become a politician. Ha, ha. A double post. :p I hope you can delete it.[face_praying] By the way, I know you're really upset that I haven't found any mistakes recently. Oh, I will find one before you're done with this story. [face_laugh] Yoda! Yoda! I can't wait for your next fic and this one to eeeennnndddd. ;)

17. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't know how Anakin held out as long as he did with the rattle. I couldn't stand to see babies crying for a toy and not give it to them lol.

?Hey little man,? Anakin smiled. ?I bet you two would love to see Mommy talk, huh? Everyone says she?s going to be the next Chancellor.? He smiled proudly as his wife appeared, perfectly coifed and dressed in ornate senatorial robes. He leaned into Luke?s ear and whispered softly. ?Don?t worry about all the big words?I don?t know what they mean either??

Aww that above was just to cute.

18. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Ok, I loved this chapter, I found Obi-wan to be most lovable than usual ;), and that I could picture every expression there, congratulations on that, it just rocked!!, but I have to say you are mean!!!, I thought there where 2 new chapters!!! :_| and now I'm dissapointed!!! :(
    Oh, well, only 'cause it was so good [:D] , anyway, thanks, and please, keep them coming, be well and take care.

19. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ?Hey little man,? Anakin smiled. ?I bet you two would love to see Mommy talk, huh? Everyone says she?s going to be the next Chancellor.? He smiled proudly as his wife appeared, perfectly coifed and dressed in ornate senatorial robes. He leaned into Luke?s ear and whispered softly. ?Don?t worry about all the big words?I don?t know what they mean either??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hilarious post, Souderwan! And Obi-Wan did wonderfully in stringing Anakin along! He had me going there for a minute! :D I thought he'd finally cracked from all the pressure of being in prolonged contact with multiple Skywalkers! [face_mischief]

I did like their discussion about where the Jedi Reformation should go and I agree that Luke and Leia are in the perfect position to represent the New Jedi Order, pardon the pun. Perhaps the Jedi can learn that it's okay to have a life outside of the Order, or actually get hobbies besides saving the galaxy from itself.

As for what paths the twins might take, I rather think that they'll both end up Jedi. Leia might choose to work closely with the Senate, sort of as a liaison between them and the Jedi, if she develops her interest in politics - and she probably will, given who her mother is. :)

I also liked your solution to Mace's situation. Though, I do hope he doesn't get eaten! [face_sick] Hoth is secluded and offers him the perfect chance to reflect, and perhaps to even heal, given time.

Again, excellent posts, Souderwan! :)

AQ

20. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?Master Drallig would mop the floor with you!?

?Hey!? Anakin responded with mock indignation. ?Last I checked, I?ve got two Sith Lords to your one!? Obi-Wan?s laugh died down immediately, but he continued to smile.

Might I also add that he's the Chosen One, he's the best pilot in the Galaxy, he's got the highest midichlorian count of any Jedi that will ever live, he's...well I think we get the point. ;)

I can undertand the importance of the little 'test' they gave the twins, but I still thought it was a little cruel to do that to them...it made me feel better seeing Leia's rattle projected across the room and leave a dent in the wall. [face_laugh]

Great post, almost missed it! Glad I didn't! Can't wait for more! :D

21. watto-

watto- Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    souder

brilliant.

i was also left wondering about your birthing post if those were from experience. i do have to say that being a new father these last two posts have been the most rewarding.
    you tied it up well.

great job! and by the way thanks for everything you do for our country!

watto

dave

22. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    That test is cruel, and endemic of the problems of the Jedi Order of old.

AngelQueen's thought reflect mine on Leia.

And yah, I took Obi-Wan pretty literally too. But then like Anakin I take these things far too seriously.

Re: the kids in general, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

23. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    I hope Mace likes the smell of Taun-Tauns, he'll sure be seeing a lot of them on Hoth. The perfect choice for his exile, and a fitting punishment for the crimes he's done. And maybe, many years from now when he's finally calmed the anger inside of him, he can take up the mantle of Jedi Master once again.

And the second post... that was the funniest thing I've read in weeks! It's nice to see the way things could've been if Anakin and Obi-Wan had remained friends. Perhaps, in some way, Mace emraced the dark side because it was the right thing to do. After all, this ending seems to be better and much happier than the movie. Obi-Wan is the perfect choice for the twin's master. It's good to hear that they'll all be together and remain friends for many years to come.

I had a dream not too long ago that [Master Drallig] and I fought and I killed him in the Temple., Don?t worry about all the big words?I don?t know what they mean either? and Repeating everything I say isn?t going to change the truth. were my favorite parts. You should write more comedy, Souderwan, you're very good at it. Then again, I don't think there's a kind of writing you're not great at.

24. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Sorry I was gone Souderwan! Stupid Fourth of July Vacation and a bunch of other stuff...

Anyways I wish I was there to experience the last five or so posts when they were posted, because their amazing!!! Absolutely brilliant! I spent the afternoon at the computer with a bowl of heaping popcorn reading this masterpiece! I loved Padme's speech! I loved Mace's redemption! I loved the birth! I loved everything! I'm so serious. It's wonderful! And now I see it coming to an end. We should not mourn for the passing of the story, but rejoice for the joy's its given us! I can't thank you enough for this story!

I can't wait for the ending!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PS: Ending montages rock! Just thought I'd let you know...

*hint hint*

25. mithrissa

mithrissa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Slowly, Obi-Wan?s face took on a serious tone. Anakin picked up on it immediately. It was the same face Obi-Wan would assume whenever he was about to lecture Anakin during their time together as Master and padawan.

Apparently it's the same tone he uses whenever he's going to completely string him along! You had me going too, oh evil author!

I loved the gentle, warm teasing tone that predominated in this post: it provides a welcome respite from the angst and tension of the preceeding chapters, and showcases your breadth as a writer. Your characters are vivid and authentic.

Looking forward to the concluding posts!

And I couldn't find any egregious errors in the post *apologies for her beta-sloth* I confess I was sleeping in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.