main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm still reading! Just remember I'm old and my eyes are going! :p

Impressive, most impressive! =D=

2. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Wow, you never cease to impress me! =D= I love the idea of Obi-Wan mentoring the twins; I can just see Sir Alec Guinness? Obi-Wan with ANH?s Luke and Leah (padawan haircuts and all)on a mission.

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great set of posts.

Mace going to Hoth? Hmmm, I would have thought Dagobah would have been a more suitable place. (Or, is that still a secret Jedi hideout in case of another purge attempt.) With its massive ecosystem, Dagobah thrives with the Force and would be somewhere Mace could really get in touch with the Living Force. Not to mention, it would be a slightly more interesting place to live, scenery wise.

If he's not taking his lightsaber, he should at least take a blaster that's permanently set to a "stun" setting. There are some nasty natives on Hoth, and having a stun blaster would allow him a chance to defend himself without doing any permanent harm to anything.

The scene with Obi-Wan and Anakin was great as well. Obi-Wan has is capable of teasing? Wow. I always saw him as being more the dry sarcastic type. I don't think he should take on BOTH Skywalker children as padawans. I doubt his blood pressure could take it. Maybe some other Council member could take Leia as a padawan.

Now that they've established the Order is going to change, maybe Obi-Wan will be thinking of having a family of his own. If Siri is alive in your fic, perhaps he'll finally take that step with her. Or, maybe Padme's former handmaiden Sabe will drop by...;)

As for Jedi younglings being allowed contact with their families, maybe the Order will declare some type of stand down for a few weeks so that younglings and padawans can be allowed to go back and connect with their families. It would also give tensions on Coruscant a chance to cool off a bit. As the Jedi have a bit of rebuilding to do in regaining public good will, perhaps getting a lot of Jedi off planet for a few weeks would be a good thing for everyone concerned. Plus, it would remove any resentment against Luke and Leia when they start their training. All the other younglings would, by then, know their families. Thus, the only difference with Luke and Leia would be that their parents live right on Coruscant.

Anakin is wise to realize he should not be the Master to either of his children, as he's too close to them and couldn't be objective. Perhaps that should be a rule to the amended Code: that a Jedi would never take their own child as a padawan, as it would prevent them from being totally objective in their teaching.

Padme's back in the Senate a week after giving birth? Is that a good idea? Surely the Senate would realize she should receive more of a maternity leave. After what everyone had been through, I think a couple of weeks off would be a good idea.

Say, a really good chapter might be the Jedi Council trying to hammer out the details for the New Order and what it means, logistically, to the Temple. Now, they'll have to have quarters for married couples and children. Working out a training calendar that fits in holiday visits home for younglings and padawans. How to let younglings who join the Order at an older age, acclimate to Temple life. etc. They would all realize that the changes are necessary for the Order to survive, but working out the details would be a major headache for the Council. I just think showing that type of detail would be a good bit.

4. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Great posts you had there. From what Luke and Leia where able to do with their toys, is it possible that they could each become as powerful, if not more so, than Anakin is or could be?

Now that six vacancies have recently opened up on the Council, who else besides Cin Drallig will fill those empty seats? With six Council members dead or in exile, and no telling how many other Jedi dead as a result of the war, the candidates for the Council may be very slim in number. Maybe they should put one or two younger Knights around Anakin's age, such as Barriss Offee or Cin Drallig's former Padawan, Keto, onto the Council. While having two or three younger, less experienced Jedi on the Council might seem odd, younger Jedi might be more willing and/or able to develop and push through some of the changes that may be needed in the Order, as opposed to some of the older Jedi, who are naturally used to what was until the past week or so the status quo.

While issues such as marriage and having children may have become a non-issue for some of the older Jedi, out of tradition, and because a number of them are simply old enough to where some of those things just wouldn't matter or be possible, whether they where Jedi or not, for Jedi around Anakin's age and down, the concept of getting married and even having children could become a reality.

5. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Wow! You wrote some amazing posts while I was on vacation! I love how you incorperated a little of Anakin's character from both who he was when he was a child and who he was at his worst moments, like when he slaughtered an entire Tusken tribe, into who he became when he was at balance with the force. That blind faith in people (even when it's not warranted) and the Force that he displays in trying to find Mace within Darth Salus reminds me of that scene in the novelization of Episode I when Anakin sits with an injured Tusken raider for an entire night in order to protect him until his tribe comes for him. It also reminds me of Luke (though in a more menacing way. I can't quite quite imagine Luke smiling menevolently at an opponent and asking them if they would like to lose another hand. That was very quintessentially Anakin, and reminded me of the way he coldly told Palpatine, "This is not a problem," in RotS when reffering to Dooku.). I do have a question, though. How did Obi-Wan react when Anakin filled him in on all the...news? There was so much of it, it must have been at least semi-distressing to recieve all of it at once (imagines Obi-Wan fainting mere seconds after he wakes up on his hospital bed to the sight of Anakin and Padme standing over him with their twins).

6. LordTarr

LordTarr Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2005
    I can't say a thing! But I'm astonished! Wow!
    LordTarr

7. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Wow ... this has been so much fun and excitement. :)

Thank you so much, Souderwan!

They should make a movie out of this! ;) - (At least a FanFilm, perhaps?!!)

And now ... keep us hungry for more! Like your Yoda novel!

And then another, then another ...

updated pdf:
    "Fall of the Sith" by Souderwan, 21 chapters, 214pg, 776KB

8. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    All:

I'm writing this with a broken heart. This morning when I woke up I fully intended to post my last two posts on this story. Then the world went crazy. I've given this a lot of thought and I just can't find the words to write something as insignificant as FanFic when our very way of life as been so ruthlessly attacked again. I'm experiencing a lot of the same emotions I did on 9/11. I hoped then, that I would never feel this way again.

I can't express enough how deeply I sympathize with the people of London in their time of loss. I can only tell you that, as a member of my nation's armed forces, I'm prepared to go anywhere and do anything to stop this madness from ever happening again.

But right now. At this moment. I feel helpless. My heart aches and I find myself weeping inside.

I will finish my story. Just not today. Today, I can only offer to each of you my thoughts using the only medium I have..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Will It End?

When I woke up at four, the sky was still dark
    I looked forward to the morning sun peeking over the horizon
    I looked forward to my daily run
    I would run farther than I had before
    I would run longer than I had before

But the light never really came
    The sun rose but it didn't bring the light
    Once again, the darkness of ignorance and intolerance had swept the light away
    I decided I wouldn't let them win
    I would not stop running

As my feet pounded the machine beneath me
    As the news continued to flow
    As the confusion of the fog of war descended around the world
    I couldn't tell the difference between the pounding of my feet
    And the pulsing of my enraged heart

I wanted to strike, for that is my nature
    I wanted to rage, for that is how I'm trained
    I wanted to kill, for I know how to do that
    I wanted to grieve, for I am only human

As I continued to run and the machine continued to turn
    I saw the awful parallel of my flight and our plight
    No matter how hard I run
    No matter how long I run
    I'm still not going to get anywhere
    Unless I get off the machine

Why? Oh God! Why?
    Why can't we stop this?
    Why can't we learn?
    Why can't we love each other?
    Why do you let hypocrites and fountains of darkness destroy in your name?
    Why? Oh God! Why?

When will it end?

9. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It's a very emotional and striking poem. It reflects probably what many people are thinking

10. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Souderwan,

Take as long off as you want. What happened overseas is a terrible tragedy that I am thinking about even as I write this post. I wish that there was something more I could do, but right now I can only offer my thoughts and my prayers for those whose lives have been shattered by this attack.

I find it truly sad that it takes moments like this to bring people together, and that there are those who have enough hatred that they are willing to kill themselves and others to express it. It's beyond my ability to describe the anger and horror that I feel at the actions of these people.

We all appreciate what you and those like you who chose to serve do for us every single day. You are all heroes. That you are willing to go anywhere and do anything to stop this disease from spreading makes you something greater than what you are.

So again, take your time. Think, cry, or pray. And when neccesary, take action.

God bless us all.

11. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    The poem is brilliantly written Souder, and it seems to sum up the sombre mood of Britain perfectly.

Then again, we have had plenty of experience with attacks like this, from the IRA in the 80's and 90's, so I'm guessing we'll be recovered quickly.

And the words written before your poem were equally meaningful. Thanks for caring, at least people can offer us support.

12. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Very powerful and moving. A great piece, Souderwan.

And please, take your time. We're patient and understanding, and right now we should all take some time to wish our friends from 'across the pond' our very best wishes and understanding. Let us comfort, hold, cry, and most important, be angry together. And let us hope, that the Brits will do the right thing (which I believe they will), and not become another Spain and capitulate to the whims of these monsters.

God bless those who suffer from the wrath of Islamofacism, yesterday, today and tomorrow...all around the world.

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. If you want to give a quick expression of your support to our greatest friends in this time of crisis, there's a board that a lot of us have been posting to. I'm sure they would appreciate the sentiment. Here's the link.

Have a Blessed day.

[face_flag][face_UKflag] (somebody needs to get some international flags on here)

14. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    [:D] I guess we are all sad.
    I haven't really had time to think about this since my Grandma is at home and we had to take her to the doctor, to make some shopping and everything, and this shows me something, we have to live our lives to the best we can, everyday, no matter what, 'cause we can't let that people disrupt our lives.
    My heart grieves for the people who died and the ones that are hurt, but I can only offer a prayer and be the best person I can.
    Take care, and I hope everyone is going to be feeling better soon. be well and take care.

15. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    I, too, feel sickened by the attacks. I mean, there would be something wrong with me, all of us, if we weren't. I don't understand how people...I mean war is one thing. As awful as it is, most people make a concious decision about whether or not to fight in it, unless there's a draft. They are fighting voluntarily. Those people...weren't. It's just sickening. I think I'm babbling. I know I'm babbling; I feel like what we're talking about here (about the darkness and how it seems as if there is always someone else ready to use their hate to destroy innocent people, about how it's a viscious cycle that will never end, and fighting won't put an end to it, because war, itself, has become the weapon, or always was, yet how can we do nothing to stop either the cycle of violence or the people perpetuating it) is coming to the forefront of real life again, and I don't know what to think, how to deal with it. I feel helpless, too. I don't know if I can do anything to help. I mean, I'm not a soldier, and don't belong to the Red Cross, or...well, I suppose they'll be sending aid over. I mean, a lot of organizations will. Maybe I'll look up some relief funds to donate to. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have they set up funds for aid in London, yet?

16. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Naughtious, as you've probably heard, us British are somewhat proud.

Meaning there will probably be no funds set up and no charity accepted, or something.

Besides, damage done was fairly minimal aboveground, with a few sections of the Underground caved in. As for the injured, I believe that most of the minor injuries have been taken care of already, as well as a few of the serious ones.

But other than that, the only thing that we could need aid for is cleaning the blood from the British Medical Asscociation's building, which was spattered when the bus blew up.

Thanks for your willingness to contribute, but really, today was rather an isolated incident.

If you're going to donate money, I would suggest donating to somewhere that needs it, such as Sudan.

Because Britian has a large economy, and because Ken Livingstone (London's mayor) is unlikely to accept any aid or outside help, it is highly unlikely that a relief fund will even be set up.

But thank you all for showing support to us Brits during this incident (Hesitates to call it a disaster as disaster is usually reserved for natural occurances).

17. LukesDestiny

LukesDestiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    When I woke up this mornning and heard about the attack on the UK, it really tore me up. my older brother lives there. He called about 3 hours ago (EST) and said that he was alright.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souderwan,

Thanks for both of these excellent posts. I'll be looking forward to the final 2 posts.

18. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    I was in London in November 03, and passed through some of the affected stations, most notably Edgeware Road.

:( [:D] :( *hugs Souder and any and all Brits* All I can say is, come back when you can.

We'll be here.

19. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Thank you all so much. I wanted to let you all know that I fully intend to finish this story in the next few days. There might be a problem, though. I'm going to Milwalkee for the NAACP convention (Navy's paying for it! :) ). The hotel I'm going to is supposed to have internet access and I'm bringing my notebook so I should be able to post. If not, then I'll see you all in a week (I'll be back on Thursday). Take care all of you and be well.

[:D]

Brian

20. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Ok, I'm not going to have a heart attack... [face_worried] nope, I'm trying!!!, I just hope you are kidding me Souderwan with this of the week before you update... you are kidding right?? :_| how can you do that??.
    Although the idea of a week in a hotel, where you aren't paying looks good, anyway... you are kidding right??, [:D] be well and take care, and... I still hope you are kidding ;)

21. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Hey, Souderwan, as a British citizen who lives in Canada right now, I was very sad and upset when I heard of the attacks in London. My parents and my family were upset too. My condolences goes to the people of London who suffered so much. May the Force be with them.

Souderwan, if you still feels upset or bad in any ways, you can contact me, if you need someone to talk with, or any help.

On another matter, this had been a great story... sadly, I'm going on a vacation... so can you send me a pm to let me know when the story get updated, please?

Thank you for reading this message.

22. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Seeing as this thread is seemingly a hotbed of moral support, I'll just give you a link to something to help us Brits on the boards focus past this thing.

FFUK Party

The invite's open to anyone. Feel free to go in and lighten our spirits :p

23. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey everybody...sorry about the downer yesterday. I got to talk to a couple relatives in England and they reminded me that I had yelled at them for being all weepy after 9/11. They reminded me that I had told them that Americans are tough. Then they reminded me that the Brits are even tougher--argument ensued, of course. :) Anyway, I'm not going to let the terrorists win by impeding ourlives any more than they have already. So...enough about them (although I'm going to go check out Cobra's website).

Anyway...I'm lucky enough to have wireless internet access here in the great city of Milwaukee, so I'm able to post. Yeah. This is it for Chapter XXI. I have one more post left and that's the Epilogue. That'll be out sometime tomorrow.

I have two..."deleted scenes" that I'm willing to post if anybody wants to read them, but only after I've posted the epilogue. I cut these out of the story after I wrote them because they were unnecessary and I didn't like one of them at all. But...I always like to watch the deleted scenes on my DVD so I thought I'd offer. :)

Ok..without futher ado.
    P.S. don't blame Mithrissa if this thing is riddled with errors. I couldn't get in touch with her today to review this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?I don?t like this,? Anakin said as he stared out at the Coruscanti skyline, his back to the Jedi Council members. The room was full for the first time in nearly a decade. Every Council member was in attendance.

Qu Rahn, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Bant Eerin, Bultar Swan, and a Jedi Master Anakin had never met by the name Empatojayos Brand were the newest Jedi Council members to be appointed since Cin Drallig was selected soon after Mace Windu's defeat. They all seemed a little timid despite their vast experience and knowledge in the Force. Anakin found this nervousness somewhat disconcerting. He sighed deeply and turned around to face the large circle of Masters.

Seating in the Jedi Council chamber is somewhat ceremonial. Each seat was supposed to be filled and each had some significance. While the room was circular to signify that there was no hierarchy in the Council, it was always recognized that those sitting closest to the head of the Council were the most respected and revered on the Council. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Pablo Jill and Stass Allie sat in succession. The rest of the members filled the seats around the circle. That arc of Jedi Masters ended with Cin Drallig and Obi-Wan, who sat next to an empty chair.

That chair was what Anakin was concerned about.

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan replied, ?sometimes doing your duty means doing something you don?t like.?

?I don?t need a lecture, Obi-Wan,? Anakin replied testily. He turned and faced his fellow Jedi Masters. ?I?m just not sure that you?ve all thought this through.? Anakin took in the whole room as he stepped away from the window and walked into the center of the circle. ?I?m not like any of you. I'm still learning about the Force. I'm..." he seemed to struggle for the words. "I'm not wise.?

?Master Skywalker,? Master Eerin, her large fish-like eyes, characteristic of the Mon Calamari blinking incessantly, ?Did I misunderstand your meaning when you said that you had all of Master Yoda?s knowledge deposited in your mind??

?No...? Anakin replied. ?You didn?t misunderstand me. But??

?And none were wiser than Yoda,? interjected the Twi?Lek Jedi Master, Aayla Secura. ?Are you speaking truthfully about your lack of wisdom or is this simply false modesty??

Anakin was growing frustrated. He took a deep breath. ?Masters,? he began slowly, trying to choose his words carefully. ?True wisdom is a marriage of knowledge and experience.? He looked about the room and saw several heads nodding. Notably, Obi-Wan was non-responsive, but Anakin continued. ?I have Yoda?s knowledge, but none of his experience. The experience I have is singular to a time of war. Now, we are entering a time of peace?something I?ve never really known. Additionally, as I?ve said before?I?m different. I experience the Force i

24. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    ahh is that it?? i hope not...and btw must ask are u in the army navey or air force?? u mentioned u were in the armed forces.... or are u a cop??

25. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Actually, there's one more post. I will the post epilogue tomorrow.

I'm in the Navy. I'm proud to be a bubblehead! (submariner) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.