Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. aldocassidy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, Souderwan, I just read this story through the second time around, and what closure and feelings of sentimentality reading this story again almost a year later has brought me. First off, as with all great masterpieces of artwork and literature, I was able to notice so many more little things, details, symbolism, phrases, etc., that I glossed over the first time, but enriched the story so much more the second time.

Most of all though, I have to confess that the uplifting nature of this story couldn't have come at a better time. After four amazing and blurry years, I have finally graduated college, and as the celebrations and the drinking winds down and the friends begin to depart one by one, I am left by myself in an empty apartment, with nothing but this board and the wonderful imaginations of so many writers. Reading this story again has wonderfully brought me back to last summer, when I still had a year left to go, numerous more people to meet, and countless experiences that I would never forget. Of course, I can't ignore reality forever, but the temporary respite this story has granted me was quite nice.

Well, I'm sure what I am writing now makes absolutely no sense, and apologize for rambling. Trust me, I am the last guy I know that would get sappy, but I guess this phase of life can bring that out in people. Can't wait for the sequel to come out, and until then, I guess I'll just have to reread Descent into the Dark again.
  2. TelannaTani Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_dancing]*does a little dance*[face_dancing]

FINISHED!!

I TOLD you I'd finish today. :p

Like several of your other readers, I too wish I had been here a year ago to walk this path with you. But rest assured, I'm here now, and you won't be able to beat me off with a stick!

So what can I say to 20+ chapters of brilliance? Never enough to truly convey the emotional ride you took me on. I am one of the few who get to read this series in chronological order, having just finished Decent into Darkness and I have to say - that made it so meaningful for me. It broke my heart when Yoda died, but somehow made it ok knowing his knowledge would reside in Anakin. As you also know, your stories are my first jaunt into Saga FanFiction. I have to tell you, I have loved every minute. I love seeing Anakin and Padme and the children as a family - seeing Obi-wan and Anakin as The Team, and seeing Anakin leading the Jedi Order towards a cultural revolution that is long overdue. It will not hold back the dark, but they will try. And OH how I longed to see Padme in this true form of servant leadership, as she has always practiced, rather than the pathetic, damsel in distress as she was portrayed in RotS.

A MUCH better plot line IMHO.

Absolutely fantastic, my friend. I can't wait to start the next one.
    You will PM me when you're ready, yes?

[:D]Thank you for writing! I can't wait to see more!

*~Tela~*

3. TuskenTommy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Souderwan, You get my 1st post.. It's not your writing style that impresses me as much as it is that you(like me) saw many different options with ep3. I stressed to everyone of my SW friends how Anakin/Lucas shoulda blocked Windu's saber, not sever his arm, then they shoulda fought with Windu in full Vipaad. That woulda showed us how awesome Anakin was with a blade and it woulda made the Obi/Anakin duel a lil more. Esp a lil more Bravo for Obi Wan. Anakin after all was much more gifted with a blade then Obi, but Ben had that mentor to pupil advantage and it worked out.. I just finished the 1st scene with Anakin & Padme. Part 5 i iirc. This is the best fan fiction i've read since that super super long Sideous story about Palps as a student all the way till his cloning & his after life where Obi wan & Yoda & crew tricked him. Recall the story? about 5-7 years ago-ish...

-1st post- I'm 32 been a SW fan since i saw the movies.
    -The internet was the best thing to happen to diehard SW fans. The net made SW my #1 hobby. unlimited free info :) ( - hyperspace)
    -1st book was Shadows of the Empire followed by Splinters.
    -current book- Edge of victory 1. I'm going in order and only missed the Black Fleet books. But the NJO uis heating up now :) -woot-
    -I play SWG part time & have played since launch with my lil bro (radiant)
    -I registered here in 2000 but never posted.
    - i frequent force.net homepage everyday & it's my main SW place.
    - I don't collect much. i did complete the vintage puzzles from the 70's, late 80's but besides that i don't have much..

I know this is alot of personal info but most of us are mature compared to most public message boards.. Most importantly it's OT, but this is where i'll be posting the most and was moved by Souderwan story. So sorry if it annoyed anyone..

Keep up the good work dude. I also emailed ya before i registered. Now knowing i was gonna register. So i still want a link to all your work..

-I look forward to joining the community..:):):)
  4. TuskenTommy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Holy sucked in! I've been reading this thread for hours.. Obi-Wan just saved the day.. Sooo sleepy..must...go...on...
  5. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    Brian ~

Well, I know after an entire year of hearing me say, ?I?m gonna read Fall of the Sith someday,? you probably gave up on me. Not that I blame you! Either way, I began reading last night and finished a few moments ago.

You know that I am a sucker for ?philosophy? and especially ?balance? stories. You can imagine my delight when I read this, then! It was gratifying to see Anakin balanced through the acceptance that the Jedi inherently shied away from. And his solution? How very Anakin? ?I?m going to save you.?

The ending with Mace slaughtering the brothers gave me shivers, though, and I now fear to read the sequel. [face_worried] I wouldn?t miss it, though!

I do realize that this review is a far cry from what your story deserves, but I just wanted you to know how much fun I had reading it.

Z

7. excellion_razor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just found this story. love it so far.
  8. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    I tend not to be one skilled in leaving long reviews. So we shall see if this post holds true :p I also know that when I get started I'll probably jump around alot in my comments :p - so good luck following :p

I loved this story. Everything you wrote I could picture happening. It felt like I was there. I loved seeing Padme's resolve despite her life in peril or being in the midst of labor. I think it was brilliant to have the media in the waiting room with the rest of the senators who were close to her - she was just continuing to show that she was indeed an ordinary person. After all, ordinary people, once they put their mind to something, can do extraodinary things. You brought strength back to her character that she seemed to have lost in ROTS, for that I am grateful. You made her a more likable character for me. I actually found myself wanting to be more like her as I read.

The balancing of light and dark within Anakin was great. I loved it. (Is this why you like purple so much?) I pictured the dragon each time it was mentioned. A feirce creature in slumber can look so harmless, but when awakened... *shivers* ... powerful imagry.

You still have me wondering about Mace. I'm sure more will be revealed in the next part...

Yoda... he will be missed. I'm glad to see his knowledge is not lost. A great asset to the Jedi he is. You brought him so much to life in the last one that I was sad to see his demise in this one.

I... hmmm... all that is left to say at the moment really is BRILLIANT! =D=
  9. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. REALbluelightsaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just read the whole thing! Absolutely wonderful. I enjoyed every second. You are a fantastic writer :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.