main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey all...here's the beginning of Part 9. I'll post the rest later this weekend. Hopefully this part will answer those burning questions some people are having. Hope you enjoy. As always, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback.

--------------------------Cavalry----------------------------------------------------------------

Anakin was startled awake by an insistent knocking sound on his cockpit window. He hadn?t slept soundly in over three years. On the night that his life seemed to change forever, he had slept as fitfully as he could ever remember. There were no terrible dreams of death and loss. No panicked feelings of loneliness and helplessness. All that he had experienced over the last several hours was blissful nothingness.

It was very disorienting.

Anakin tried to focus his eyes to detect the source of the rapping noise. The orbital mirrors had directed the distant sunlight high in the Coruscanti sky. The moment he attempted to lift his sleep-ridden lids, he felt the powerful rays burrowing into his eyes as if seeking purchase in his retina. He squinted back the sunlight and put his mechanical hand above his face to shield the light. As he did this, the unrelenting tapping noise continued against his window.

Now he could hear a grunting noise accompanying the knocking. Whoever it was didn?t seem interested in leaving him alone. Anakin didn?t feel like explaining to some local constabulary why he was parked idling so close to Five Hundred Replica. He turned with an irritated face toward the rapping ready to chase the annoying person--or bird or creature or whatever--away with a Jedi mind trick?or ...something. Anything that would let him get back to the blissful sleep he had been experiencing.

His eyes popped open in surprise and he was wide awake.

Standing, perfectly balanced on the wing of his Jedi starfighter was an aged-looking green troll of a creature with large pointy ears on either side of its head and big moss-green, bulbous eyes that looked deep into his own with irritation?and a little mischievous playfulness. In this creature?s gnarled hands was a wooden gimmer stick that the creature had so often used to great effect and annoyance to those who were subjected to its point. Now, it was the head of this stick that reached out, once again and rapped on the windshield persistently?right in the face of the startled Jedi Knight.

Anakin was more elated than he had been in a long time. How did Master Yoda get here? How did he find me? Anakin thought excitedly as he turned quickly in his cockpit and engaged the controls to open his cockpit window. Who cares? He?s here now!

Yoda was often looked at as the kindly old Jedi Master of the Temple. All the new younglings learned from the Jedi Master their very basic Jedi skills from the first moments they entered the Temple until the day they were given the great honor of being selected as a padawan by one of the Jedi Knights. He was loved. But more importantly, he was respected. It was well known that he was the most feared Jedi Master in the Order. Few, if any, ever felt brave enough to face him for lightsaber practice. Those who did, usually paid the price. Painfully.

Yoda did have a impish side to him and had been known, from time to time, to play a practical joke or two on a recently knighted Jedi. It was also quite well known that the Jedi Master was very adept at spotting just about any outrageous thing a young padawan might try to inflict on him long before the child had a chance to even begin the planning stages.

But there was one thing about Yoda that everybody knew. He didn?t like people talking to or treating him like a child. It was not uncommon for people to make that mistake, on occasion. He was only 1.5 meters tall and from behind, with his hood up, it was an understandable mistake to make. Once while on a mission to the Rigula system, a rather large salesman patted Yoda on the head in a condescending manner and offered Yoda a treat. The man found himself floating in the air throughout the enti

2. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Haha, Yoda travels in style - his Jedi Starfighter sports the Chosen One as his astromech associate.

That was pretty funny. Keep up the very interesting story.

3. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Glad you liked it! :)

I thought we could use a smile in the story.

4. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ha! Love that bit, Souderwan :D.

Brilliant, amazing as always. And great to see Anakin in Obi's place

Great job!

5. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks Skywalker! Glad you liked it! :)

Just posted to your story, btw. Great job there.

6. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    LOL poor Anakin. Yoda's never gonna stop raggin on him, is he?

7. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Haha, funny seeing Anakin in R2's slot. :D

8. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Great story Sounderwan!! I love the dark Mace twist!

Outside, hanging on for dear life, Anakin Skywalker rode shotgun in Artoo's empty slot.

[face_laugh] Brilliant!

9. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    Another excellent post! Love it!

10. watto-

watto- Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    souder as always your story is excellent!

11. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Great post! You captured the Yoda from Dark Rendezvous perfectly. Nice to have a laugh once in a while. Can't wait for the next post!

12. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hi, Souderwan!

I thought I would add to my post, I was bit tried last night (on of the reasons I was not the sparkling coverastionlist I useally am :D),

but I loved Anakin trying to shoo Yoda away, and then hugginh him afterwards ('a gift for understatment you have', haa, great line)

brilliant as always Souderwan!

13. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Brilliant, as always. In fact, you've amazed so many of us you've already qualified for the Best New Author in the Saga FanFic Summer 2005 Awards, and you're well on the way in the Best Action and Best Author categories.

Well done!

=D=

14. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Good God, how did I miss this?!

Brilliant work. Spot-on characterizations - it never is easy to portray characters in the middle of frizzling war. Mace is evil, Anakin turns to Obi-Wan...I'm loving it! :D

What really caught me were the technical details - there's nothing I love better than Starfighters and other machinery decsribed with such accuracy. The little details make the story so much more fulfilling - and real.

Bravo. =D=.

15. watto-

watto- Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    souder

just remember us little people when you make it big!!

16. Ragozy

Ragozy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Sounderwan...ditto on Watto's last (lol)...outstanding job! Glad I haven't missed out on any of it!

17. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Great story so far! I really like how you've described Mace Windu, especially the fire in his eyes. Then, the senate scene with Mace saying, "The war is over," was awesome. I liked all of your backgrounds, particularly Mas Ameda's, and your similar writing style with Matthew Stover's. I also enjoyed the stuggle you've set up with Anakin and himself after Sidious' death. Even the deaths of the members of the Separatist council was very interesting. I like how you brought Yoda into the story and it was funny how he drove the speeder and Anakin was in R2's spot. I can't wait for your next chapter. It will be interesting to see how Yoda confronts Mace about his actions and how Obi Wan will come into your story. Great job.

18. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Brilliant, as always. In fact, you've amazed so many of us you've already qualified for the Best New Author in the Saga FanFic Summer 2005 Awards, and you're well on the way in the Best Action and Best Author categories.

There are awards for this stuff? Really? [face_thinking] Are you pulling my leg? [face_shame_on_you] Either way...I'm really flattered. Thanks. I'm glad you guys are enjoying my work! :)

Next part should come out later today...[face_praying]

19. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Watto and Skywalker. You guys helped inspire this story and make me want to write it. Thanks. I'm so happy so many people are enjoying it.

Ragozy. Without you, I would never have found an outlet for this crazy muse that kept shouting in my ear all the time.

Everybody. You have no idea how encouraging it is to hear that you are liking my work. I try very hard to put out a good product (but I'm always finding mistakes....I leave most of them in place though--not sure why). I'm happy to hear it's appreciated. :D

To all of you! Big hugs. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

20. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Saga Awards Thread

There you go, official and all.

No leg pulling involved. Looking towards the new post...

21. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
  22. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Cobranaconda, Wow! I honestly thought you were kidding. Thanks so much. You can't know how much your nominating me means to me. Thanks. BTW, if I read that link right, I think I need two more people to nominate me in each of those categories to be eligible for voting. Is that right? If so...any takers out there? [face_praying]

On a separate note, for everybody...I'm putting the finishing touches on the rest of part 9. Will be out momentarily....

23. watto-

watto- Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Souder for how fast you are writing and how good it is, i think you could have a side career. This story is that good! i usually dont like reading fan fiction because some of it is corny. but since you sent this to me when you first started, i just want to know what is going to happen. i almost want to ask you for spoilers. BTW you are missed on "THE thread"

and if i am able to nominate you just let me know how i would be honored. your post 2 posts ago seems like the beginning of the acceptance speach i am sure you will be making !!!

24. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    You need 2 more votes in best AU, 1 more in Best Action, 2 more in Best Author, and for best New Author you've qualified.

watto-, to nominate, you PM the Saga_Awards_Sock and send in this form, but completed to the extent that you wish it:

Categories

Genres

Best Most Underrated
    (Only needs 1 nomination and required less then 6 responses between posts)
    Best Alternate Universe
    Best Canon
    Best Action
    Best Drama
    Best Romance
    Best Angst
    Best Crossover
    Best Songfic
    Best Humour
    Best Ensemble
    Best All Around

Length

Best Poem
    Best Vignette
    Best Response To A Challenge
    Best Short Story
    Best Epic (loooooong stories)
    Best Series

Character

Best Canon Interpretation, Male
    Best Canon Interpretation, Female
    Best Original Character, Male
    Best Original Character, Female
    Best Child (age 12 or under)
    Best Non-Jedi
    Best Non-Human
    Best Villain

Author

Best Author
    Best New Author
    Best Collaborative (Multi-author or round-robin)

25. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All. Here's the rest of Part IX. Sorry it took a little to get it done but I wasn't happy with certain parts of it (I'm not totally happy now, but...what're you gonna do, right?). Hope you all enjoy!

BTW, I am utterly flabbergasted about this whole award nomination thing! I...really don't know what to say...except...thanks. I really mean it. You guys have been so great. I'm just pleased to be even considered.

Alright, on to the important stuff...(Oh! And sorry if it's too long)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gate Master Jurokk and Jedi Master Shaak Ti sprinted through the empty vaulted hallway, clattering echoes of their footsteps making them sound like a platoon. The main doors of the Temple were slowly swinging inward in answer to the code key punched into the outside lockpad.

The Gate Master had seen them on the monitor and alerted Shaak Ti who had been elatedly meditating in the council chambers.

Anakin Skywalker.

And Yoda.

The huge doors creaked inward; as soon as they were wide enough for the two masters to pass, they slipped through.

Anakin stood tall, shoulders back and chin raised high. The diminutive Jedi Master Yoda stood at his side with both his hands resting on top of his gimmer stick. Shaak Ti?s face was alight with unbridled joy. Anakin was at a loss as to why she seemed to happy but he said nothing. He was stunned when, as soon as she cleared the doorway, she ran to him excitedly and hugged him. He looked to Master Jurokk in confusion, but the Gate Master only smiled widely.

?Anakin!? She exclaimed exuberantly. ?You did it! You truly are The Chosen One! The cloud of the dark side is gone! We all felt it lift! I heard you! A calling in the Force! I didn?t even know that was possible! We all felt it! It was amazing!?

Realization dawned on Anakin slowly.

They had heard his call but they didn?t understand it. It seemed that only Yoda had.

And Obi-Wan, he reminded himself. He had felt his old Master respond to his call as clearly as if he had been standing next to him. He could feel Obi-Wan calling to him even now.

Because the deep darkness that had clouded the Force for so long had lifted, the other Jedi must have misinterpreted his plea for help as a message of triumph. Now, with the news that the war was over permeating every HoloNet, it was not surprising that they were excited.

Anakin scowled.

?What?s the matter, Skywalker?? Gate Master Jurokk interjected when he saw the change in expression on the Jedi Knight?s face. ?You certainly don?t seem as pleased as we might expect. You have ended the war! You have every right to be proud.? Anakin and Master Yoda exchanged a wary glance but said nothing further for the moment. Anakin started to open his mouth when Shaak Ti seemed to suddenly notice the conspicuous absence of some of her friends.

?Where are the other Masters?? she asked slowly. ?We know that Master Windu is addressing the Senate in closed session as we speak. What of the others??

?Gone!? Master Yoda interjected while giving Anakin a sharp rap on the shin with his gimmer stick that quickly shut the Jedi Knight?s mouth. ?Joined the Force they have. Discuss the actions of Master Windu, we must. The other Masters on mission, their location, tell me.?

?The entire Council is on its way, Master Yoda,? Shaak Ti replied, her exuberance severely tempered by the news. ?Everyone except Master Kenobi. He reported moments ago that he is having?trouble?but assures us that he will be here when he can.? She looked up at Anakin and saw the dark expression on his face. She began to suspect that something was amiss. Surely the news that the war was over had reached them!

?Very good, Shaak Ti,? Master Yoda replied as he began to hobble through the open doorway. ?Very good.? Hi entry into the hallowed Jedi Temple halls was halted by Shaak Ti?s now very worried tone.

?Master Yoda?? She asked nervously. ?What has happened??

Yoda?s eyes seemed misted with unshed tea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.