Amph Fall TV Season 2012: The first cancellation.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Last edited by Juliet316, Oct 18, 2012
  2. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Maybe Community will end up in the vacant slot?

Maybe?

Please?

EDIT: Oh, it's going to Whitney. Yay.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Oct 18, 2012
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    It's possibly given that both Community and Whitney had their premieres delayed indefinitely.
  4. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Whitney is still on the air?! Wasn't it universally loathed?!
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    It won over NBC's desired demographic. That's why Whitney lives to see another season and Harry's Law was cancelled.:mad:

Edit: NBC must really loathe Community's fanbase to premiere Whitney before Community.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Oct 18, 2012
  6. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6

Sometimes, it really feels like it. But I doubt that it's true. Community's viewership just isn't as strong as it airs.
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    :( I actually really liked Animal Practise, much more than the other freshman sitcoms.
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    all the nbc comedies are struggling with poor ratings as far as i know. at least community has a rabid, vocal fanbase that brings some attention to the network. nbc is really blowing it.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    NBC has never thought highly of the show, despite it's rabid fanbase, it's similar to how CBS treated HIMYM the first few years it was on the air.
  10. Danz Borin Jedi Master

star 1
    Sitcoms today suck. In general, all of them.
  11. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Someone needs to watch more Community.
  12. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm not really surprised. Wasn't that impressed by the show's description on EW.
  13. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  14. Danz Borin Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't watch any CBS actually. Other than football, I can't think of a single show on CBS I've watched probably in the last 2-3 years.
  15. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    [IMG]
    Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I haven't watched a CBS show any time in the last 30 years. Outside of various sports and maybe some Saturday morning cartoons in my younger years, there is literally nothing on the entire network that has ever appealed to me.
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I love CBS comedies. NBC misses the mark ... a lot.
  18. tom Chosen One

star 6
    let's fight about this again.
  19. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Letterman is still appealing to me from time to time, so aside from the NFL, that would be the extent of my CBS watching (local news doesn't count).
  20. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I really am beginning to feel with the case of Community this season, they are trying to truly hype it up before bringing back. I've watched must of my shows on demand this season so far. And the NBC ones, have a Community spot in every one of them. Then with the youtube video released today, and even the Community twitter feed controlled by NBC was hyping the video up. I like to think they are trying to win more people over to try it so they can order more episodes. They just need to get it back on the air though.

That's October 19th.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    That because television comedy is increasingly moving to animation. They can get away with a lot more and they can do it on a smaller budget.
  22. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    o_O CBS, NBC, and ABC have no animated sitcoms as far as I know. Fox is the only major network with animated sitcoms (4 or 5, I think) and Comedy Central has a comparable number. FX has one. But all of those channels also have plenty of live-action sitcoms.
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I think ABC tried one, it got dismal ratings, ergo it was canned after only a few eps.
  24. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, no. What Evan said. Not to mention that a sizeable portion of the adult population will never watch animated sitcoms. It works on FOX because they have the youngest average viewer age, and in our generation it's more acceptable. But I don't see many people in their 40s watching animated sitcoms. Hence why, as Evan pointed out, no one else has them.
  25. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Also, the overwhelming majority of animated comedies are stupid and low-brow. With very few exceptions, no one should want to watch them in the first place.