main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, as that was only the third episode I've ever watched I really can't say. I thought it was fun. The mouse deception thing was funny. I think the gardener will be back next week. Must see that. Oh and when Terry ran over Nicolette that was hilarious. And when Eva talked that woman out of the $7000 that was also funny.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I've seen Desperate Housewives about 1 1/2 times. The first ep was great fun, the second was kind of melodramatic and too soap-y and silly/weak. I'm willing to give it chances, maybe rent it someday, but so far I prefer Sex and the City (which I also need to rent/borrow/something!).

Gah--this is the first time in like two months of *No Anderson*.....I feel like a junkie who's missed her bi-daily fix, and going to miss the other one when 7:00 rolls around, as I'm guessing he won't be on Newsnight either. The pain! Heidi/Erica Hill is no fun, only Anderson/Erica is right. </freaking out that no one here understands>

3. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Survivor's on tonight!
    No Top Model last night, stupid baseball.

Does anyone know the Robot Chicken schedule (it's on Toon network)?

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Last night's "Lost" was so great! I am sure it is a psychological experiment. They played Walt's message backwards on KROQ this morning and he said something like "Don't push (or push) the button. The button's bad."

Tonight Clark and Lana, well, you know...

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Once again, a stellar episode of "Lost". Sorry for the bum steer, JB. I thought it was on at 8 and once again I was wrong. I thought Hurley speaking Korean was hilarious. Poor Hurley, I felt so bad for him. He wanted to remain friends with that former co-worker and it seemed the lottery changed the friend more than Hurley changed. What happened to the rest of the "other" survivors if there were 25? Did they start eating them? I hope they explain it. And why is that woman so mean? And then there is that crazy guy, what's up with him? I can't wait for more "Lost". There's a podcast of "Lost" put out by a couple in Hawaii. It's not bad. They run a synopsis of the show and throw in a spoiler or two about future episodes and whatever other observances from Hawaii (seeing people around the island or watching some scenes filmed).

Tonight is "Smallville". Last week, Lana and Clark, well, you know. I'm so disappointed.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't see Lost last night, but did catch Tuesday's Supernatural. I think I was a little scared after watching it. It is always about ghosts and stuff and they had an evil spirit that looked like the girl from the Ring. She crawled out of the mirror like the other girl did on the TV. Freaked me out.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Smallville was pretty cool last night. Sort of bittersweet though. I'm sure the person he's going to lose is his dad.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Lost was great last night. It was interesting to see Jin's backstory. And that bald guy, what a jerk! Poor Sun. She was better off any way. I keep wondering what her dad does since he sent Jin to "talk" to that politician. Did everyone else guess that Sun's ring was with the bottle. It was pretty obvious. Though I liked Hurley's suggestion.

Tonight, Aquaman will be on Smallville. His name is Alan Ritchson. o_O

[image=http://mars.walagata.com/w/flapt/AlanRitchson3.jpg]

[image=http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1d/i.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/men/org/articles/0504gwos11.jpg]

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to have to start watching Smallville again.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah! Yes, with Aquaman, there are TWO good reasons to watch! =P~

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I totally thought the dog ate the ring, and would crap it out. Poor Sun, I felt bad for her too. But it all worked out.

Last season they showed Jin working for her dad. He is Mafia, or Organized Crime Boss. That was very very obvious. DUH!

DH, my wife spends hours on the official Lost websites, and more importantly, unofficial. They have sights for the Darma Initiaitive, for Oceanic Airlines, for Hanson...etc. It all gives hints and clues about the Island, Dharma,...etc.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I know they showed a flashback last season but I did not think it was the Mafia. Sure, he was sent to convey a message to a politician but I thought it was business related. I thought Sun's dad was trying to get some business stuff through and the politician was not succeeding or working too slowly. I can't think that Sun's the daughter of the Mafioso. That doesn't seem right. I doubt that the Hotel guy's dad would allow his son to get involved in that type of society. It seems that Sun's dad's business dealings are slightly dishonest but not completely. If it was then Jin would have conveyed the first message differently instead of just saying that Sun's dad was disappointed. Jin didn't know until he saw the hitman accompany him the second time. So there, Duh...

I know there are fake sites set up by ABC. I listen to a podcast from Hawaii where they talk about that stuff. Plus K&B talk to a guy who dissects each episode looking for the numbers and how they relate.

13. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    well, there is obviously a substantial criminal elemenent in Sun's fathers family. Remember, he was told to kill the man... but he just beat him up. Also, he stole the dog from the man. So, he is far from an honest business dude.

ALSO, the watch of the dad is very important. For whatever reason, he can not lose it. So, some impotance there. I think the hotel dude was just looking for a nice piece. ;)

I disagree, and think her father had major criminal element.

Yea, fake sights are cool and fun. Too bad my wife hogs the computer.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think we should agree to disagree. It can't be too obvious because when Jin came home with blood on his hands Sun had no idea how that happened. Remember she was going to leave him because of him, not her father. I also think that Jin is an honest enough guy that he would not have knowingly taken the job if one the the responsibilities was to kill people. He's ambitious but he's not a killer otherwise he would not have had any problems with the hitman finishing the job. It was obvious that Jin had no idea that his father-in-law was bad because otherwise he would not have been so shocked when the politician was relieved by the mildness of his message. And wasn't the dog offered when he delivered the first message? Any way, that's my viewpoint.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Watched Smallville and well, WOW! Half the time I wanted to swat Lois in the head because she was throwing insults at Aquaman but he loved them! Man! One funny thing was at the end when Aquaman (A.C.) said to Clark that they should start a Junior Lifeguard Association and Clark said he wasn't ready for the JLA yet (Justice League of America). It made me chuckle. There were other scenes too that were funny, like when Clark was giving A.C. the third degree. He's just too good looking to be straight. =P~

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Last week's Smallville had Carrie Fisher. She was good but man, her lips were so big.

Last night's Smallville had Tom Wopat, the other Duke boy. It was okay. It was funny because the shots they showed of Lois on the pole during the previews were not at all like the episode. It was almost as though they took the "best" shots and put them in the preview.

No new shows except for Smallville. I think next week's Lost is still a rerun. No new BSG until January.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    New Lost tonight at 9:00 pm. I have the VCR set. New Smallville tomorrow night. It looks lame though.

I can't wait for January for new BSG.

Also, for those interested in seeing Firefly, SciFi is showing the first episode this Friday at 4:00 pm for those with Satellite and 7:00 pm for those with cable. It's the first half of the first episode. Try to see it. It's awfully good.

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    360 changed times this week from 4pm our time to 7-9pm, so except for during Arrested Development, my TV's gonna be on CNN at that time. :D Last night was like the hottest show ever. Tonight's is bound to be a letdown after that...hoo boy.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ IF YOU DID NOT WATCH.

Last night's Lost was very good. It was not a surprise because I heard via a podcast who was going to die and I had a feeling I knew who the killer was. Darned time change though. I missed the first 10 minutes and thought the VCR was set right because I changed all the clocks. Well, apparently I did not change the VCR one. Darn it! Can someone tell me what happened during the first 10 minutes?

20. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    The only show I watch with regularity like you guys would be Family Guy. Adult Swim. Last night I finally saw the uncut Stewie Griffin movie. It had it's moments, but it wasn't as funny as the series.

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Double Post....Double Post...

So i watched the Apprentice today, just because of SW. The team that won, kicked butt. Their display was cool, the other team SUCKED> The chick wanted to use Tion Meddon as a main character in the display. They didn't even have Vader, idiots.

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    /\/\/\
    My sentiments exactly. Only one person knew anything about Star Wars, but he was on the losing team.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This just in and I hope you are sitting down ES. Arrested Development has been cancelled. I'm trying to find an article to back up the statement, but I haven't seen anything in print yet. I will look through Variety and Hollywood Reporter to find out anything.

This totally sucks. I really like that show.

I found the article in today's Variety.

"Arrested Development" may have finally played its last get out of jail free card.
    Fox has cut back its episode order on one of TV's most critically praised shows to just 13 segs, down from 22. SkeinSkein, from 20th Century Fox TV and creator Mitch Hurwitz, has also been pulled from the schedule for the rest of the month, another sign that the network may have finally given up on trying to bring an audience to the show.

News was nearly as grim for "Arrested's" Monday night companion, the Darren StarDarren Star-produced "Kitchen Confidential." It's also been pulled for sweeps, and producers have been told the show won't be getting a full-season pickup.

On the positive tip, ABC has given a full-season pickup to Warner Bros. TV-produced frosh laffer "Freddie." Skein has consistently built on its adults 18-49 lead-in since bowing last month.

As for "Arrested," skein returned from a month's hiatus this week, while "Kitchen""Kitchen" was slated to return Monday. Despite tough competition from a high-rated "Monday Night Football" matchup, "Arrested" performed about as well as it had been in the timeslot before baseball. Ratings for "Prison Break," however, took a notable dip, which is what likely prompted worried Fox execs to reverse their previous plan to keep "Arrested" on the air through year's end.

Instead of the two laffers, Fox will air repeats of drama "Prison Break" in the 8-9 p.m. Monday slot for the rest of the sweep.

"Arrested" and "Kitchen" will return to the skedsked Dec. 5. Come January, net is expected to stick with its original plan of moving "House" into the Monday-at-8 slot.

Fox wasn't commenting Thursday, and for now, nobody's using the word "cancellation." But in the case of "Arrested," the handwriting appears to be on the wall.

"Arrested" is in the middle of its third season. Skein has never produced a full season of 22 episodes, with Fox cutting the order for the show every season it's aired.

24. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    What?! Dammit, Fox, what's the matter with you? Prison Break has a dip in viewers so you decide to shelve AD for sweeps? How does that make sense?? And by, "never produced a full season", what do they mean? First season was, I think, 21 episodes. Not 13, not 18, but 21. Close enough! X-Files had different amounts in different seasons, that doesn't mean that a year they only had 22 wasn't a "full season" because they didn't get to 25 episodes, like 2nd season had. Plus that article was written kinda un-edited-like (unless you transcribed it, SR) and not too professionally. I guess I'll always have to be concerned about AD's safety.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I copied and pasted from Variety.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.