main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Yay the new season of 24 is coming next month. I can't wait.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Harsh. I had heard about the first two but not the last ones. DWB, harsh to be sure.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, right before the break, we got a DVR (way to join the 21st Century!) and it's super. I haven't really used it yet but JN told me that BSG starts the first week of January so I set it up to tape the show. I think they are doing a season 2.0 mini-marathon to catch people up on the show. I got the DVD set for Christmas so I may just sit and watch it all day to remind myself of the previous events. I may have some problems with "The Farm" though.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I finished watching BSG Season 2.0 yesterday and I'm so excited about tonight's episode. My padawan/apprentice watched some episodes and is also excited about the upcoming second half of the season. I can't let my padawan watch though because there are some pretty gruesome and adult scenes.

New Lost next week.

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Ooh Yeah! New SciFi Channel shows tonight! Note to self: Tape Ghost Whisperer & What not to Wear, pig out (visually) on SG1, SGA, AND ESPECIALLY BATTLE STAR GALACTICA!(Force! I love that show!)

Hey, do you guys think there really is an inhabited planet called "Earth"? ;)

Vari

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm so excited about tonight and the return of Sci-Fi Friday. This time around I have both the Sci-Fi channel and Tivo, so I'm all set and can keep up with you DH this time. I'll try to even listen to the pod casts. I watched the the Pegasus episode just last night to refresh my memory.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    At the end of the DVD set for season 2.0, they showed some clips for the upcoming season so I know a little about what's coming up. It looks exciting and yet sort of disappointing in one point.

Pegasus is a great episode.

Earth, it's a myth. And even if it isn't, isn't it used up and deserted?

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah I watched that too. I have 2.0 as well. I also watched the preview show they had the other night. They didn't tell much but that's how teasers go. I want to know more about Number 6.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Since I only just got a DVR, I have a really stupid question (yes I know, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people). Does the machine have to be on to tape the program? I assume it does but I've gotten into the habit of turning it off now so I'm afraid I'll forget to turn it on to tape it. Afterall, if you turn off your VCR and it's programmed to tape something it will automatically turn on and tape for you. Does anyone know the answer to my question? (Does anyone really know what time it is? Does anyone really care?)

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I have a DVR, but I never turn it off.
    Vari

11. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I think how it works is that your DVR is on standby mode and if all of your connections are "connected" so to speak, then it should still record. I don't really have a standby mode on mine (I use the Moxi Entertainment Center from Adelphia). I leave it on all the time. I only have two shows set for series "Smallville" and "Charmed" . That's only because I'm writing TV spec scripts specifically aimed for WB. :) You'd be surprised how quickly these shows can fill your storage on those DVRs.
    In regards to the fall television season, it's expected to be execptionally great. I think even "Bones" is getting interesting.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DH, I keep mine in a stand-by mode while at work. If I'm home it's on. I don't even know if mine has an off button to be honest.

13. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm waiting for 24.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I felt so cheated at the end of BSG! THey still haven't resolved anything! Man! I hate cliffhangers! WOuldn't it be interesting if Admiral Caine/Kane/Whatever her name is was a Cylon?

I left my DVR on just in case. I'll have to try it the other way just to see.

Chibiangi, good to hear from you again!

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I agree DH. I was also let down by BSG. I wanted the two ships to fire on each other and have a big fight. Kane will get hers and I don't know if she is a cylon or not, but I do know she is evil.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    [Haskett]Hi chibiangi! long time no see![/Haskett]

We're waiting for 24 also. My wife has a friend over from Japan who's supposed to leave tomorrow, but she's trying to extend her stay so she can watch the "first 4 hours" of the new season.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Now that is hard core.

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, they will be showing the first 4 hours in two consecutive nights. For some reason, 24 is REALLY popular in Japan, although it's not shown on TV there. People just watch the DVDs when they come out, or they download them from people here.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    DH & Skyryder,

I loved last Friday's BSG episode & was not put off by the extended cliffhanger at all.

Also, I finally saw "Batman Returns" (missed it in the theatre)and kept on having this gnawing, creeped out feeling that Qui Gonn Jin was trying to seduce Bruce Wayne to the dark side. (The two Liam Neeson characters were so much like a yin & yang of each other.)

Vari

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Tomorrow is Lost. Set your Tivo/DVR/VCR! I think there's a clip show first then the regular episode.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Tonight was the only new House this month. I liked it (especially how he got the annoying kid back!), but there was wrongness too. And House/Wilson cuteness. Is Devi the only other one who watches House? Anyway, it's not on again 'till February because of American Idol. Ugh.

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I loooove House! But I'm upset with myself, because I fell asleep and missed it last night. Rats.

Also Closer. Love Kyra Sedgwick, too. They're showing reruns right now on TNT, and I can't wait until new episodes start up again. She's up for a Golden Globe too, and I wish she would win it (although I think the front-runner is Glenn Close).

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Does anyone else like Supernatural?

I was a little disappointed with last night's episode. I know a little about ancient Norse Mythology & it didn't mesh with what I know. But, oh well, it's fiction, not a documentary. More importantly, it was written by an old X-Files writer who seemed to rip off one of his own X-files episodes (which, in turn, seemed like a rip off of "Children of the Corn").

On the upside, I'm intrigued with the new villain(ess), though.

Vari

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I will watch House on DVD when it comes out and during the summer like I do for 24. I can't watch everything. I do watch Supernatural because I sort of know one of the actors, and I think they aren't to bad on the eyes. Anyway I didn't see last night's episode yet but it is on the Tivo.

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I started to watch Supernatural because one of the actors used to be on my favorite soap, but I really can't keep up with any shows these days. I wanted to watch House, too, because I love what's his name who used to be in Jeeves and Wooster. I guess I need more coffee because I can't remember names this morning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.