main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well the guy on Supernatural who used to be on Days is Jensen Ackles. He was the roommate of a friend of mine for a while back in Austin. I've followed his career so far. Not that I'm stalking or anything.

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Skyrider,
    Why would it be stalking to cheer on an old buddy?
    I actually watched a daytime soap for several years because one of my sister's best friends had a recurring extra role.
    Vari

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, Jensen Ackles was who I meant. Last night we saw an ad for Supernatural, and BeSo remarked that JA was a frighteningly pretty man. LOL -- I've never heard him say anything like that before!

Well it's true, of course... ;)

4. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    BSG WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait until Friday nights episode.

I wonder if Starbuck has it in her to do the deed.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh she will do the deed alright, but something else will get in the way that stops her. I think though she would go through with it. She loves Adama and I think she knows that Kane has the same plan for him as well.

6. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I am surprised though. I thought the Pegasus will go down when they attack the cylon fleet.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That could actually happen. I would like them to keep the Pegasus and just get rid of Kane. But they need a villian other than the cylons and she is perfect so I expect her to stay around for a while. I would surpise me if they killed her off so soon.

8. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I love the actress who plays her, Michelle Forbes. She was my one true love when I was 13. :)

I think these episodes will be a good excuse to add new characters, more Vipers, and a couple of new plots to the show.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd love to keep the Pegasus also (and get rid of Kane). I don't think Starbuck will do it. I think Kane will die some other way and something will keep Pegasus's XO from killing Adama. I forgot what his name was. I thought the story about the Silla (or whatever it's called) was sad. If you know your family will die any way, would you go ahead and let them suffer or would you stand by them and die? I think I would stay and die with my family.

How about the Chief and Helo? How will they get out? And Gina? Will Baltar kill her? I was listening the CIC podcast this morning and I got so mad at the guy because he kept saying that Gina wanted to die so she could get reincarnated in a new body on the resurrection ship but I thought she wanted to end that particular memory. I'm confused.

Glad you are back and participating in the thread, JT.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Cylons lie a lot. She told Balthar she wanted final death and told him about the Resurrection ship to that end -- supposedly.

It's like talking to Palpatine -- pretty sure it's alie, but, ya never know.

Vari

P.S. I also hope Kane is a recurring character. She's definitely the woman you love to hate!

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Finally, after all the time off...

LOST Two hours tonight!
    Invasion!

and Criminal Minds. Thank Goodness! =D= =D=

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    DB,
    the 8:00 Lost is a repeat about the "tailies" first 48 days on the island. (Still a darn good episode, though.)
    Vari

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    DB, I posted that there were two Lost episodes and that the first one is a clips show on the previous page. I also posted that there was going to be a new Lost a week before. Pay attention. :rolleyes:

Lost was fantastic. Mr. Echo (or Eko or however it's spelled) was fabulous. What a story. I felt so bad for his brother and eventually Mr. Echo. He does owe his salvation partially to his brother. And Charlie. He's been hording those statues. I guess that's the end of his stash because I assume the rest were burned with the plane. Was anyone else weirded out by Mr. Echo hugging his brother in the end? Wow! Now, did the guy with the gold tooth save him by not letting him on the plane or was this a previous situation? Why were those guys taking the kids at the beginning of the episode? Was it to get them involved in the "gang" at an early age so they would grow up desensitized to the violence and loyal to the cause? And poor Michael! Walt was giving directions when Jack walked in and interrupted him.

14. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    thanks for the tirade DH.

I believe Mr. Ecko said "that man saved me" because he took the drugs, plane and flew off. Had he been in his spot, (Ecko) he would have died. I will additionally believe, that he (Ecko) probably went through some type of moral transformation, and redeemed himself. I will assume he became a benevolent, good guy.

If you recall, he pulls the bodies from the water, and helps save some people. I think the bad Ecko was left behind, in Nigeria. But, great Episode. Technically, legally, he is a priest. He brother signed the document. I felt so bad, when he found his brothers body.

I wonder why Charlie was hording the statues? kind of leads us to believe he will resume his bd behavior.

*** What did Walt write to his dad on the compouter? *** they never showed the last line.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    tirade: n. a protracted speech usually marked by intemperate (not temperate - especially given to excessive use of intoxicating liquors), vituperative (uttering or given to censure: containing or charactherized by verbal abuse), or harshly censorious language. Please note that my previous post was hardly a tirade. It was more of a verbal barrage of comments and questions. [face_batting] And you are welcome, D-B.

So what you are saying is that Mr. Eko (I looked up the spelling) is speaking retrospectively because by not allowing him to climb on board it afforded Mr. Eko the opportunity to pose as a priest. At the time, Mr. Eko had no way of knowing that the plane would crash and the man with the gold tooth would die.

Yes, I believe he has redeemed himself since his old life. After all, he made a Lent-like sacrifice of not speaking for 40 days. And he obviously is well-versed in Scripture.

I believe Charlie is hording statues so he has a stash. I also think he's been dipping into the stash. It only appeared that he had not been using because he was seen carrying around the statue. We all assumed, as Claire had, that he only had one. Now that the rest were destroyed (I believe) by the fire, he will guard the remaining statues with his life.

They were commenting on the radio that perhaps Michael is imagining the whole "discussion" with Walt because no one else sees the "conversation". Also, no one else has been able to use the computer except during the last 4 minutes and that's just to input the numbers so how has he been able to use it?

New Smallville tonight.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    OH YEAH! AWESUME LOST! AWESOME INVASION! Who says TV is a vast wasteland?!

DH, the film Eko & John watched said not to use the computer for anything but entering the code, not that it was impossible to do so. So, Michael may not be imagining it, but then again...

Vari

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't seen last night's Lost yet so I'm avoiding your posts. I'll try and catch up tonight. I got home late from the gym. I know who it was about because as I was walking in last night my roommate had the show on. He said he didn't understand. I said it was because he has only watched like four Lost episodes ever. He is a bit slow sometimes.

18. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    So what you are saying is that Mr. Eko (I looked up the spelling) is speaking retrospectively because by not allowing him to climb on board it afforded Mr. Eko the opportunity to pose as a priest. At the time, Mr. Eko had no way of knowing that the plane would crash and the man with the gold tooth would die.

YES, exactly. He (albeit it unintentionally) saved his life, and allowed him to become a priest. Thats why I think he talks about destiny and stuff. (as well as the Locke)
    Anyone see the irony... Locke was the one to open the lock of the hatch?

Now, I don't know what 80% of those words mean, but not temperate - especially given to excessive use of intoxicating liquors), What, huh, we are going drinking? Cool, count me in. [face_dancing] I am in!!!!

Lastly, DH, answer your PM.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    DB wrote: Anyone see the irony... Locke was the one to open the lock of the hatch?

Varekei says: Wow! come to think of it...

20. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The Daily Show tonight was very funny. If any of y'all ever watch it, you should check out one of tomorrow's re-airings (I *think* they're at least on again at 10am and 8pm, but as tomorrow's Friday, maybe only at 10am). Even D-B might like Rob's piece on wanting a three-way (his real wife is on the show for the first time!).

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    New BSG tonight! Yeah! I guess we'll find out the ultimate demise of the Pegasus and its crew. I can't wait!

I missed Smallville last night but hopefully the DVR caught it.

Okay, while at the grocery store earlier today, I saw the TV Guide. It's got an article on Lost but more importantly, it had Sci-Fi trading cards. I went through a couple to make sure I got Jamie Bamber's. =P~ The other ones are Laura Roslin from BSG, Dr. Daniel Jackson from SG-1 and John Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis. The other ones out there (there are four sets) are: 1. Starbuck and Six from BSG, Mitchell from SG-1 and Weir from Atlantis; 2. Baltar and Boomer from BSG, Carter from SG-1 and Teyla from Atlantis; and 3. Adama and Helo from BSG, Teal'e (?) from SG-1, and Ranon from Atlantis.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So the conflict on BSG is over. I'm not sure I really liked the way it was resolved. It was sort of a cheap shot. Any way, it was exciting still. I was a bit disappointed with Lee's remarks in the end.

23. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    OMG! BSG WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battlestar's can kick major ass when it comes down to it. I loved the shot of the Vipers strafing the cloning ship.

Great episode.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    HELP HELP HELP!!
    Did anyone record 24?!??! Especially the last two episodes shown today (Monday)?? I set my VCR, but for some reason, it only recorded about 3 minutes of the first episode of today. My wife promised her friend from Japan that she would record them and send them to her.
    Can someone please help me?!?!

Thanks

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bummer, JR. Can't help you with 24.

I did rewatch BSG last night and have to admit the viper scenes were great. What about Lee floating in that lake? He's got so little body fat, how can he float so well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.