main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Alias is going to be showing after Lost. It looks pretty good. Actually, I like Jack and Bobby. It's sort of silly and very "teenage" minded but I enjoy how they relate the past (which is shown) with what happens when Bobby is president. Matt Long is very easy on the eyes also.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    They wanted to show Alias and 24 without skipping weeks. Sports kept interupting so they just pushed the season premiere to January so that they would be on every week uniterupted. Which is excellent since every episode ends with a cliffhanger.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Well that makes a certain amount of sense.

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I know I'm in the minority here, but that Alias woman creeps me out: she looks cross-eyed and like she's a salt vampire. If I have to see that unbearable promo with the "what's your name?"
    "I'm uhhhhhh...- I'm agonnakickyouraaaaa..."
    lines it in again, I swear I'm going to rip out my own eyes. Godawful writing, acting, everything.

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yea for no interrupted weeks for 24!

I haven't been able to watch The O.C. at all this year 'cause of class. I tried downloading the 1st episode, but only the sound will play, not the picture. :( I don't get it. That sucks about it not being as fun...I really loved that show last year!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think Jennifer Garner is very pretty. I'm not a big fan of the show since it does end with cliffhangers and I can't always remember to watch or tape the show every week. As is, I forgot to tape Enterprise last week so I don't know what happened between the Vulcans and Archer. I guess I'll have to wait for the rerun.

7. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Well so far you haven't missed too much, Sara, but I spoke too soon about last night...the episode was awesome! And next week looks to be even better. If you are home you should watch it!

8. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I havent watched Enterprise in forever and hate myself for it.

Damn them for moving it to Friday night.

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Oh My Gosh, what to do!!!

I watch Survivor season finale in one room, record Desperate Housewives in the other room. But, how do I watch My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss?

I had to go out, and remove from storage this old thing called a VCR. My DVR only allows me to record two shows, (one must be watched at the same time)So, Watch Survivor, DVR Desperate, and Video Tape my Big Fat.... Am skipping ABC's Home Improvement tonight. Too much going on.

What a good night, three must sees!

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The Simpsons, Arrested Development, and Fellowship (stupid theatrical though...aw well, still is wonderful).

I'd be with ya on Survivor, but I haven't been able to watch this one 'cause of class this semester.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, I don't know how many, if any, of you guys watched last night's Lost but all I can say is EWWWWW! I have to admit I felt really uncomfortable during Boone's flashbacks. I kept hoping that it did not happen but my guess is it did. Creepy! I also have to say that I hate "dream" sequences as I feel they are just a major waste of time and effort. Still, it was a fascinating episode. What's the deal with the compass? Is it a result of spending time at the "hatch"?

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I loved last night's episode. It had a bit of everything. When you mention ewwww, are you talking about Boone sleeping with his sister?

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I recorded it for Liz, so we are OK. Did not watch Lost yet, will do so tonight. (DVR actually)

14. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I cannot get the DVDs Liz gave me of Lost to work on any of the three DVD players and my laptop DVD drive.

:_|

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, I mean Boone and Shannon. EWWWW! Okay, I know there's no blood relationship but still they grew up like brother and sister. It's like "Clueless" where Alicia Silverstone's character got together with her ex-step-brother. It's just too creepy. It was a really good episode though. I'm glad they are running reruns of Smallville right now so I can keep up with Lost. I'm hooked, though I have to admit that the scene where you sort of see the beast leap out made me jump.

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Nick: we've found that sometimes our disks only play on Panasonics. How about we schedule a Lost viewing party when we get back in town? Who's in?

EDIT: Thanks to those of you who are taping it for me! And I'm in Tallahassee, Florida right now...just drove 12 hours from Miami. Ugh. Can't WAIT to get out of this state...the WORST drivers I've EVER seen! Even worse than my home area! :)

Hopefully I'll be able to write again soon...

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Glad you are ok JB and BeSo. Don't let the gators bite you.

18. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    I finally get to see my new favorite gameshow.
    DISTRACTION =D= this show is outrageous.
    I was able to see this show tape last year.
    Be warned it is not for the faint of hart or for anyone
    that gets easily embarrassed.
    With games like Hot Sauce Shots
    Nudist Phone Booth
    Getting thrown around by a Wrestler,
    memorable contestants like Widow.
    Prizes getting blown up in a blast chamber,
    and 2005 Mustang getting destroyed.
    This is one show that is easy to remember
    and hard to forget.
    Like the nudist relay race............ :eek:

www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/distraction/index.jhtml

19. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Liz/ BeSo,

Not only did I tape it, but I digitally removed all commercials, except the last set. So, it is only 43.5 minutes long. Hurray for Bubba! If I got the last set out, it would be 42 minutes. Bless the DVR!

D-B

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Bless you Mr. Darth Bubba! Can't wait to see it! Nick, did you ever find a way to watch?

I should be back in town by Weds...YAY!!

21. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    24 is rokken like dokken if you ya know what i mean.

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My wife (I can't belive I just typed "my wife") has got me hooked on 24. It's all the rage in Japan..although the only way they can watch it is to rent/buy the dvds. That's still about the only TV I watch.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I watch 24 on dvd too. I must see all the episodes together. This weekend I watch the first 4 of season 2. I know I'm behind, but I can't wait a whole week to find out what happens next. That's why tv on dvd is the best.

24. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Nick, did you ever find a way to watch?

Nope, none of the DVDs and DVD/ROMs I have will access the Lost DVDs.

Did you watch the DVDs I gave you?

25. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    regarding Lost:

Don't read Liz or Bernie

DUDE, He banged his hot sister! That Rocks!
    They aren't even related, no biggy. Cool Cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.