LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I missed both "Lost" and "Smallville" last night. Did anyone tape or see either? Man! I was up late helping my padawan with homework.
  2. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    I recorded LOST! Still have to see all the episodes I missed...maybe when I get back from Dallas next week. I forgot to record LOST last week. That's a three-week gap: boy was I confused last night!
  3. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Last week's Lost was a re-run. It was the one when they found out Ethan wasn't on the plane, right before Claire and Charlie got kidnapped. Last night's was new.
  4. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
  5. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Nick bring the discs to the races and I'll put them on VHS for you!
  6. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know, a co-worker of mine had downloaded Smallville for me once and it required some program. I could give you the disc and maybe if you load it on your computer you can watch it?
  7. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    ANYONE, I NEED A COPY OF LOST FROM WEDNESDAY!! Please help me!

I deleted my father-in-laws, by accident. OK, on purpose, accident.
  9. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    D-B, I don't know if anyone recorded it. I think we all zoned last week for whatever reason. Man! This is a bad sign.

Jiltedtoo, what did you think of last night's Enterprise? Is Trip the biggest wu$$ in the world? Man! T'Pol is divorced now. What is wrong with that guy? It would not be the first time there was fraternization between ranks. I'm sure they will end up together in the end. By the way, despite everyone's dislike for Scott Bakula, I still like him and I like the show.
  10. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I actually have last week's lost on tape DB if you need it I can drop it by your place anytime after work this week.
  11. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I love Scott Bakula, and I think Enterprise, with a decent time slot, would have lasted the 7 year run and been a great show. I like the current stories and wish the show was going to stay on the air.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess there aren't enough people like you and I who like the show to keep it going. Sigh. :(
  13. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, what can ya do with a Friday night deathslot? I watched it loyally when it was on on Wednesdays, even after the WB moved Smallville against it, but I haven't seen it at all since it moved.
  14. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, and on top of it they moved Battlestar Galactica against it and Sci-Fi Friday.
  15. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, that too! I haven't seen Stargate much since moving here 2 1/2 years ago, I have NO idea what's going on in the show anymore (need $500 or so so I can just get the dvds!). I saw a couple of sydicated eps while in MN...I miss it!
  16. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    SG1 has been good.

Battlestar Galactica kicks major ass.
  17. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    24 was *wonderful* tonight. At the end, I had the same high I used to get with X-Files. Oh, it was/is nice...siiigh.
    (lol @ myself...)
  18. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  19. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Arg.. Elensara, did you tape 24? Being it was a holiday, I forgot it was Monday and didn't tape it.. we were out all day and missed it.

Did anyone tape 24!?
  20. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked seeing Hurley's back story. Can someone tell me what happened last week though? I missed it.

Mr. DH said some radio station was analyzing "Lost" this morning. Something about certain numbers (not the winning lottery ones) and how they play into the story line.
  21. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    regarding Lost, D-H and JediBith:

Remember what Locke's job was? He worked for a box company, in logisitcss.

Hurley just bought a box company. H,,, coincidence?

Easter Egg- two weeks ago, they showed Hurley on TV, in Korea. (remember) Well, a Korean person we know translated the story... it said he won the US Lottery.
    The next week we saw was When he won the lottery.
  22. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't know about the lottery yet. I have not seen this week's show. I did see Hurley on the tv in the background of that one shot.
  23. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, I had forgotten about the box factory and Locke until Mr. DH mentioned it and remembered that Hurley bought a box factory. I missed last week's episode so I did not know that Hurley was on TV. Boy, this show is really interesting. Thanks JB for turning us all on to it.

What about Walt? Was it weird to anyone else that he thought of a particular bird and that bird flew right into their window, killing itself? What about the polar bear on the comic book and on the island? I know that Walt's stepfather said he was special and so did Locke but is he really magically special?
  24. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't someone have all of Lost recorded/on dvd or something? (Could I borrow sometime?)
  25. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Any of y'all catch Arrested Development tonight? There were *two* episodes (to make up for none the last two weeks, I s'pose), and it was awesome. There was a lot of back story too, so new viewers probably didn't feel lost...not that they would anyway, at least not that much. It's not like it's mythology eps of X-Files, or anything.

Poor Buster. Losing his hand (to "loose-seal" lol!), and then finding out Oscar is his father...completely by accident, as it was just George Sr. (who just wanted to see his son before he got shipped out to Iraq,) with his Oscar wig on that said "I'm your father!"....then freaking out about his temporoary claw-hand.

The Lucille praying stuff was great, esp. the beginning of it, when Anne (who's kinda Ned Flanders on depressants) said the line about prayer helping to her and she was in such shock about Buster being shipped out that she accepted it (the looks on George Michael & Maeby's faces were classic).

Lindsay & Tobias breaking into Micheal's ex's house to find out if she's really pregnant! Tobias trying to go through the doggie door...and the door was unlocked. And them hiding in the shower was great. And Tobias trying on the fat boobs&tummy they found.

Poor Michael's still driving the stair car. Can't he make Gob give the Camero back? Maybe Gob's still technically president of the company--they didn't really have anything about the company in tonight's eps.

'M' did not stand for Main floor. Lol.
    Oh! And the stupid doctor! "He's (Buster) gonna be all right." Who knew *that* had a double meaning, lol.

Sorry to rant on...but this show's seriously funny. And has GREAT writing and acting. And Ron Howard's vioceovers are cool too. I looove AD. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.