main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fall/ Winter Movie Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    OK- so we're now moving into the Fall and Winter film season.

What films are you interested in/ most excited about coming out? Such as:

Matrix Revolutions

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Haunted House

The Cat in the Hat

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Use this place to post reviews for films also, to let us know if we should save our bucks or run out to catch a flick! :D

Also if you've got any early predictions for 2003 Oscars is open for discussion here also!

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    That would be Disney's Haunted Mansion, I assume? I'm ahuge fan of the HM so I had to correct it :)

Kill Bill
    Scary Movie 3
    Kinda "meh" about Revolutions after Reloaded
    Cabin Fever

can't think of anything else right now

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oops- sorry [face_blush] You're right, Haunted Mansion. What a scream- I can't wait to see Eddie in that :p

I actually really liked Reloaded, it was totally conveluted and confusing, but it left me asking questions and scratching my head. (There's actually a great thread all about the Matrix films in the Amplitheater that helped to explain a lot of my questions- so I'm not that confused anymore ;) ) I hope that they release the DVD for Reloaded before the next one comes out so I can watch it again, it disappeared too fast from the theaters :(

I think it might be showing at Jordan's IMAX still- I'm not sure though.

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The main problems I had w/ Reloaded:

*Too many fight scenes (belive it or not). There's only so much bullet-time you can watch before it gets boring and/or too cartoony *cough*agentsmith*cough* And there's only so much what I call "Chinese Slap Fighting" a person can take.
    *Too much time in Zion slowed the film down early on

Favorite part of the entire movie: when the two semi trucks collided head on. That was just the coolest thing!

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I hope they re-release the 1st two LOTR movies and play them in sequence prior to the premier of Return of the King. That and the last Matrix movie is what I'm waiting for.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I agree that the courtyard fight sequence was wayy too long and relatively unnecessary. The worst thing about it being you could tell that half of it was all CG- and it looked like a computer game more than a film fight sequence.

Other than that scene (in which I got really bored watching it) I didn't think there was too much fighting otherwise.

Course I only saw it once. I really hope to see it again before "Revolutions," as I'm sure the last part will be confusing to see w/o "Reloaded" fresh in the mind.

"Return of the King" - after watching the mini-documentary thingy on the TTT DVD- I'm salivating to see that :D

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I agree, after seeing the little documentary about the Return of the King on the Two Towers DVD, I can't wait to see the third movie.

8. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I don't know if I could make myself watch Reloaded again. :) I heard rumor that they're going to re-release FOTR and TTT before ROTK.
    Can i get anymore acronyms in there?

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to Return of the King which will be the December Meet of course.

10. EdajAram

EdajAram Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm definitely awaiting Return of the King. Impatiently.

And normally, I wouldn't really look forward to this, 'cause it's not my type of movie, but I can't wait for Mona Lisa Smile... mostly because I'm in it.

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
  12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The one-time-only marathon looks like it could be fun.

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    And it's playing at Loews Cineplex Boston Common 19! Err... Wherever that is. I really need to learn this city.

-Paul

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Maybe this could be a triple-meet month.

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    It would be fun to go to that Lord of the Rings Marathon.

16. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Aw, the Boston Common Loews??? w00tage!! :D :D I sure wouldn't mind going to see each EE one at a time and then seeing all three of 'em on the 16th. ;) Provided, of course, that we can have a slumber party at somebody's place therafter. :p

17. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Slumber party! I haven't had one of those in a long time... That sounds like a lot of fun though. :)

18. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Hmm, don't know if you all would fit in my living room! :) We'd all have to walk back to my apt. cuz the T would stop running, but it would be sweet to see all the movies in a row.

I'm sure i have finals that week...

19. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Feh, we probably all do. :p Hrmm...and the 17th is a Wednesday...I've a hunch this is another play-it-by-ear meet.

Roseanna, you'll still be in Beantown at that point, yes?

20. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes, I scheduled my flight home this year on the Sunday after the third Saturday of December just so I wouldn't yet again miss the meet. :)

21. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, I scheduled my flight for the Monday or Tuesday (not sure yet) after the 3rd Sat. The things I do for the Rebels... :p

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I just saw Scary Movie 3 over the weekend. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie that made me laugh so hard! Scary Movie 2 was just a re-hash of Scary Movie, but this was different and much better. If anyone out there hasn't seen it yet and is thinking about it, I definately recommend it!

23. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I saw Scary Movie 3 over the weekend as well. It was pretty funny. I can't wait to see Bad Santa and Elf. I've always loved Christmas Movies.

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Elf does look really good too! Will Ferrell is a genius, everything he does is very funny.

25. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Three words:

Master And Commander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.