main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow. Everytime you put up a new post, I'm just so impressed. We get to see all the stuff that was going on below the surface that was only hinted at in DJ. This is truly wonderful; very, very skillfully written.

I loved the last line or two, especially! :D

Brilliant!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

2. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Mush so soon?

Kyp had just better watch out; once she has the keys to his heart, its all over--not that he'll probably mind.

3. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Ah, love makes you blind, Master Durron. But at least you have a lovely lady to hold your hand while you stumble, he he.

4. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    I think the Admiral said it first, but I really do love the profound tragedy of how Kyp is falling here. He is haunted by his past failures, and that motivates him even more to keep Jaina from making those same mistakes, but in the end, trying to save Jaina is what will doom them both. Very poignant.

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    DJ: You're probably right ;)

GAW, DK: Tragic, isn't it? He's trying to do the right thing, and inadvertently making things worse because of it. Luckily, he'll have Jaina to keep him company and console him when he's feeling blue, lol :p ;)

JSF, JJF: Don't worry, Ta'a Chume will realize sooner or later that she's the one being played, lol.

VG, SotJ: Thanks! :D

DS, JP83: There is actually going to be mush in several of the upcoming posts ;) We're starting to turn towards the point where things heat up [face_devil]

TG, JSF: Lol, that's for sure :p

JJD: Aww, thanks :D He he, you are in luck, I had some free time today, so you guys will actually get another post later tonight ;)

GAW: Well, it's progressive mush... a little here, a little there... leading up to bigger mush, lol :p Yes, that's something that Kyp isn't really aware of yet, but Jaina's starting to figure out- the best way to get Kyp Durron to join her is through his heart.

Give me a little bit to have some dinner and rest after my long day, and I'll get the post edited and up for you guys ;)

~JPS~

6. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    You know, I don't think Kyp's the only one enjoying the other's company. I think Jaina, though she won't admit it, likes having him around, too. That's mostly because he's a useful ally and tool at the moment, lol, but he's growing on her ;)

7. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Did someone promise mush soon? :D This post was great, but now I'm all worked up for the next one, too, lol. See what you have done to me? :p

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

"Shavit."

Dropping the multitool to the floor, Kyp Durron sighed, rocking back on his heels, and rested his forehead against the coral wall in front of him, tempted to pound his head on it.

He had never claimed to be much of a mechanic, but he usually managed fairly well, with the Force guiding him as he worked. That wasn't possible with a Yuuzhan Vong frigate, the living ship was closed off to him through the Force, and he found that it was much more difficult than he'd expected.

It only made him even more impressed with Jaina's inherent mechanical instincts, that she moved about the coral hull as if she'd been born working on the enemy ships.

Every once and a while, something would stump her and she'd mutter under her breath in frustration, showing off a wide range of Huttesse curse words that even Kyp couldn't follow completely, but where he would have given up and started working on something else, Jaina kept at it, and always found a way to figure out how to manipulate the ship's complicated organic structure.

Manipulation, he was beginning to realize, was one of her hidden strengths.

"Having trouble?" an amused voice asked.

Lifting his head, Kyp found Jaina Solo watching him from the other side of alcove where she was tinkering with a series of veiny tubes that she'd explained were like the wiring of the ship, an eyebrow raised and a smile etched on her lips as she observed his frustration.

"This ship hates me," Kyp informed her. "It's evil."

"Right," Jaina snorted, rolling her eyes. "I'm sure."

"No, really," he insisted. "I've spent the last thirty minutes trying to get this chipped panel to accept the graft you took from the underbelly of the ship, and it keeps shocking me."

"It's not shocking you, actually," Jaina retorted. "It's stinging you."

"Is there a difference?" Kyp grumbled.

"I'm sure the Yuuzhan Vong would tell you there is," she answered with a lopsided smirk. "Why don't you ask them, there's an observation fleet hanging around the outer edges of the system?"

"You're just trying to get me killed," Kyp accused.

"Like you need my help to get into deadly situations?" Jaina scoffed, and he shot her an irritated look. "What? It's the truth, and you know it."

"You're one to talk, Goddess."

Jaina shrugged, neither able to or interested in debating that point. They both knew he was right, attracting mortal peril was just one of those Skywalker quirks that no one in her family could ever seem to escape. People had been trying to kill her and her brothers even before they were out of their mother's womb, it was just another fact of life to the Solo children, which they took in stride, and Kyp had always been both impressed and saddened by that.

He knew firsthand what it was like to have people who wanted you dead, but in his case, he'd actually done things to warrant those sentiments. Jaina, Jacen and Anakin had been targets simply because of their family tree.

Then again, he thought to himself. The same would have been true of their mother and Master Skywalker, had anyone discovered the truth about their paternity.

After all, hadn't that been the reason why Obi-Wan Kenobi separated the infant twins, sending to the opposite corners of the galaxy and into hiding, less their father Darth Vader, or worse, the Emperor, find out about their existence and seek to turn them into agents of the dark side?

Others had desired to do the same with the Solo children, knowing the potency of the Skywalker blood within them, but not even the traitorous Brakiss had been able to turn them away from the light, while holding both of the Solo twins captive at his Shadow Academy. Having trained alongside the charismatic young man on Yavin Four, Kyp knew that Brakiss was highly skilled in subterfuge and manipulation, but the grandchildren of Darth Vader had resisted the call to follow in their grandfather's footsteps.

The irony of it all, that Jaina had not wavered even while surrounded by the dark side, only to find herself wandering astray now, did not

9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *jaw drops* Whoooooa! Very good post. I like the banter (like when Jaina replied "Constantly" :p), but especially the stuff at the end! Don't resist, Kyppie! It'll be ever so much more fun for all concerned if you just give in now! [face_devil]

Dana

10. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    *turns on A/C* Wow, that was one hot kiss [face_love] Somehow I think Kyp will be well compensated for his sacrifice of turning to the dark side, lol :p ;)

11. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Wow, those two need a cold shower.. preferably together :p ;) Great post, the sexual tension between them is really starting to pick up and it's certain to be Kyp's downfall in the end.

12. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    And she starts to construct her web for the rare Kyp fly.

13. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    He he, and she's starting to reel him in now :p At least it ought to be a pleasurable... er, pleasant experience for our Kyp ;)

14. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Oh, killer posts! Too bad Jaina won't set her sights on a certain, young, handsome pilot from far far away ;)

It was getting heated in that ship, that's fo sho! Poor Kyp, he's already under the spell that is Jaina Solo even if he doesn't realize it fully- gotta love it :D

Bravissimo!

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    DS: He he, don't worry- he'll keep trying to resist and fail miserably :p ;)

AoD: You should probably keep the A/C dial handy for coming posts... things will get even hotter [face_devil]

DK: Lol, Han would have a heart attack if he found out about that! :p Yes, it really will be his downfall, he can't resist Jaina and now she knows that ;)

GAW, JSF: She's a spider, she's a fisherman, she's Jaina Solo :p And it certainly won't be an unpleasant experience for Kyp, that's for sure, lol.

JG: He he, now I think if that happened, Kyp might start hurling Force lightning at the poor guy, don't you? :p ;) Thanks for reading, it's always great to see old readers around again! :D

~JPS~

16. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
  17. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Wowee, this is getting good now :D A new post tomorrow, by any chance, JPS? I don't think I can wait even that long, lol. You've turned me into a full-fledged addict here, girl :p ;)

18. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Awesome, as always! :D Wow, what a kiss! Poor Kyp, lol, that last line had me cracking up :p Maybe he just needs Jaina to kiss it all better again, lol, or at least until he forgets what he was worrying about in the first place ;)

19. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    This is just going along so well. The pacing you've set is marvelous. Can't wait to see what else Jaina has in store to tempt our hapless Jedi Master with.

20. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    A few more kisses like that and our boy Kyp will be singing the dark side anthem, lol :p Me thinks that is probably Jaina's plan, hmm?

21. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Okay, all caught up...I feel like such a bad reader :( I keep forgetting to reply :( even though I've read each and every one of your posts...

I absolutely love the way you're writing this. Not only is your story great, but your words flow extremely well. I. Love. It.

I think I liked the latest post best, especially Jaina showing more of her lighter side, even though I'm certain things are about to get much much darker...oh, and of course, the mush, which is indeed a must-have for every K/J fic...

Anyway, keep writing. I love this fic.

~Abby~

22. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Maybe it's me but this one line just gave me a shivering grin- "Okay," Jaina said with a smirk. "Whatever you say, Master Durron." [face_devil]

Lol, his denial is just making her more determined to have him, now isn't it? :p

23. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Jan 10, 2000
    But it isn't like Kyp's totally repulsed by her.

I tihnk Jaina is persuing a two front battle here: she's targeting Kyp's heart and his mind. She'll attack his heart while putting his mind at ease such as her telling him that the Shamed Ones won't be slaughtered, so he'll relax and she can infiltrate his heart--and he even knows this is what she's doing, but he's going to be pretty much helpless to stop her. She'll just keep him off-balance until the keys to his heart are hers, and he has the keys to her heart.

And I'd imagine they'll be spending a lot of time under the sheets just totally surrendering to their mutual lust and passion.

24. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I think that the Grand Admiral is right about this one- Jaina's got her multilayered plan going here, lol :p ;)

Great post, when do we get another? :D

25. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Kyp, you are doomed- you might as well give up and ejoy the ride, lol :p Well, at least he knows he won't be able to resist her advances, but she knows it, too, which means she's not going to back off, which is all the better for us, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.