main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fallen from Grace (Post-SbS, AU dark side K/J); Updated 8/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Lol, well, I was going to say 'A new post tonight?' but it seems like others have beaten me to it :p ;) So instead, I will say... A new update tonight? Where? *looks around excitedly*

Happy 100 posts, JPS :)

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    All she wanted was a little peace and quiet to work on the living ship she'd stolen from Nom Anor, was that really so much to ask?

Apparently it was, because every time she settled back down to try and make some progress, someone else would come along and disturb her work. Yesterday it had been Tenel Ka, trying to continue the lecture her friends had unloaded on her at Anakin's funeral after Zekk told them she was remaining on Hapes to train under Kyp Durron, then this morning it had been her mother come to investigate what she was up to after Tenel Ka sent her father Prince Isolder out to tell her parents about the goddess ruse she had worked up for herself after seeing the way that Harrar reacted to it during the Trickster's trip to Hapes.

And now it was the last person she felt like dealing with at the moment.

The infuriating Jedi Master himself.

Stomping out to the portal door, Jaina scowled up at him, her hands on her hips. "What the sith do you want?" she cried vehemently, unsure whether she was more angry at the interruption itself, or at the fact that it was him who was doing the interrupting.

Kyp Durron merely raised an eyebrow, as if she was amusing somehow.

"What?" she demanded sharply, not at all liking the way he was looking at her.

"Oh, nothing," he replied with a casual shrug. "Just admiring the new look. That green gel does wonders for your hair, Solo, it really brings out your eyes."

Glancing down at herself, Jaina felt her cheeks flush as she realized she was literally covered in the stuff, from head to toe, and she wiped her cheek with the back of her hand, stabbing Kyp with a fierce glare. "Is there something you wanted?" she grumbled. "Or did you just come here to spread discord and discontent, oh great rogue Jedi?"

Instead of taking offense, Kyp actually chuckled. "I'm reforming the Dozen with volunteer Hapan pilots," he informed her evenly. "I'm going to call it Vanguard Squadron, I think. I came to offer you a spot, if you're not too attached to this hunk of rock here."

Startled, Jaina blinked at him, unsure what surprised her more, the fact that he had already begun to build a new squadron, or the fact that he had the nerve to ask her to fly under his command after Sernpidal. "I don't take orders from you," she finally responded, imbuing her words with a razor-sharp edge. "I learned my lesson the hard way."

"Now, Jaina, is that any way to talk to your Master?" Kyp retorted smugly.

"You're the one who said I wasn't serious about that," Jaina pointed out, her temper flaring violently. "And you were right. The last thing I'd want is to be your apprentice, and frankly, I doubt you'd want me in the first place. It wouldn't do for your apprentice to kill you at the very start of training, now would it?"

Kyp grinned, and she had the sudden urge to wipe that smile right off of his face, right after she shoved him headfirst through the side of the Trickster's hard coral hull.

You think I'm kidding, do you, Durron? she thought darkly, sorely tempted to prove him wrong.

But that wouldn't do, at least not now. One never knew when having a Jedi Master like Kyp around would come in handy, and given his stance about the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, he might even prove a useful ally, albeit an untrustworthy one.

"Besides," she said coolly. "This 'hunk of rock' could help us understand the Yuuzhan Vong's biotechnology. I have important work to do here."

"Oh, really?" Kyp inquired, arching an eyebrow wryly. "And how's that going?"

"Well, if you're interested in having a shower, you're in luck," Jaina shot back, lifting her chin defiantly. "There's one on this ship and I just figured out how to start it yesterday."

Kyp leaned against the side of the open portal, and Jaina started to take a step back instinctively, then realized what she was doing and gritted her teeth, remaining where she was regardless of how close in proximity that now put her and the Jedi Master.

"Why, Jaina," he drawled, flashing a leering smirk

3. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Brava!

The tension between both of them was so well done.

Both of them would greatly benefit from anger management classes, preferably taught by someone they both had a major attachment to since they'd probably tag-team on the instructor and fry him or her.

My vote is for Han to be their anger management instructor.

Again, great job.

4. DarthJaina

Aug 25, 2002
    I looked this bad when you stopped by, Mom? she marvelled wryly. And you didn't say anything?

She had to admit, she was impressed, her mother must have bitten her tongue hard enough to draw blood.
    [face_laugh]

Great post! :D This story is just awesome!

5. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Brilliant update! The tension, sexual and otherwise, between them is so thick it could be cut w/ a lightsaber, lol! Things are starting to pick up pace, and poor Lowbacca, forced to stand by and watch it all unfold- he'll probably be ready to whack them both over the head soon enough, if they keep their bickering up for much longer :p ;)

"Why, Jaina. Are you propositioning me?"

"I'm not so sure you'd be worth the effort."
    [face_devil]

6. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Is Jaina going to be popping out a little Durron at some point in this fic? :)

7. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    :D (*hides shy smile*) I liked it. :D Can I have more soon? (*ducks out of thread timidly*)

~*~Austyn

8. Darth_Kinwon

Darth_Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Loved the newest update! Man, you can feel the tension, can't you? Before long, those two are going to be having lightsaber duels... and then their duels will turn into... duels of another nature :p ;)

9. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Gah! I missed two posts!

Both of which were excellent, by the way.

The funeral scene, similar and yet different, was exceptional. I love how you get right into the way people are feeling, like you did with Jaina here. Even with her shields up.

And the second post was just as brilliant. The interaction betwee Kyp and Jaina (the wonderful bantering), was great. Perfectly Kyp and Jaina, especially her feeling like she wants to do it again.

Nice nice nice :D

~Abby~

10. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Another great post for this story :D I am really enjoying the way it's playing out, lol- Jaina and Kyp have always, even in the books where she's all lovey with Jag, had a chemistry that was just full of repressed tension and emotions, and you brought that to the forefront here. He he, can I be impatient and go ahead and ask when the next post will go up? :p

11. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Lol, those need to get a room, huh? :p ;) Nicely done, JPS... every post just keeps on getting better, if that is possible :D

12. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    LOL! If Lowie hadn't shown up, I think they might have started to Force-kick each other after a few more minutes of that :p ;) Great stuff, keep it coming!

13. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    This story just keeps getting better :D He he, I don't know who I feel sorrier for here... Kyp, for having such a sharp-tongued temptress who'll end up corrupting him... Jaina, for being so overwhelmed with grief and pain that she doesn't seem aware of the fact that she's fallen so far... or Lowbacca, who has to listen to them :p ;)

14. DarthJaina

Aug 25, 2002
    UP we go! ;)

15. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Great, as always, my friend- I know others have said it, but really, the tension was just awesome between them! [face_love] Update again soon, pour favor ;)

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Woooo! Nice tension, JPS! :) More soon?

Dana

17. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Lol, those two... :p This is prime example of why I was a bit disappointed they went w/ the J/J direction (as much as I love Jag- Kyp is better suited for Jaina, and they kind of hinted at that in TUF, IMO)... Kyp and Jaina deserve each other, lol ;)

18. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    He he, I know it's repetitive, but I'm too sleepy to be original at this point, especially when the tension between them is what made this post just a dynamite read :p When can we expect the next post? :D

19. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Great post- we need another one soon :p ;)

20. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    LOL! The shower talk... priceless! [face_laugh] Poor Kyp, she really took a shot at his male ego w/ that one :p

21. DarthJaina

Aug 25, 2002
    You promised me a new post tonight, missy.... do I have to resort to hitting you w/ the gimmer stick? [face_devil] :p I know, I know, you're probably just getting home from work or class, so I will shut up now ;)

22. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    A post tonight? That sounds great to me :D

23. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002

GAW: Anger management classes taught by Han? Who would hold him back when they drove him over the edge, lol?

DJ, DoF, D, JP83, TG, JJF, VG: Thanks :D Hope you guys continue to enjoy.

JJSF, JSS, JSF: Yeah, Lowbacca's in a bit of an awkward position, huh? ;)

Abby: Glad you enjoyed it- I thought the funeral scene needed a bit of insight into Jaina's emotions, since the book was sparse there.

SotJ, DS: He he, there's always tension between those two ;) New post coming up tonight :)

AoD: Lol, you know, I was reading TUF the other day, and it did actually strike me that they planted a seed for a possible J/J break up down the road (mostly due to Jaina's Jedi-ness, lol), but if they go that road, I think Kyp is a shoe in ;)

DJ: Put down the stick :p I'm here ;)

I am editing the post right now, so it will be up very soon :D

~JPS~

24. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Very nice work! You are starting to convert me fully, Jen- I am starting to wish Jag to be killed off... *looks around frantically for J/J shippers about to lynch her* Shh, you didn't hear me say that ;)

25. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *perks up* Is someone being converted? :p

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.